Britney Spears

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin, bm08

Postby Instinct » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:46 am

mattsky wrote:Till the World Ends is one of her best songs. I still love it! I don't get the hate it gets here!
Femme Fatale is probably the most hated album among her fan base (after Britney Jean, of course)
Instinct
Manager

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:45 am

Instinct wrote:
mattsky wrote:Till the World Ends is one of her best songs. I still love it! I don't get the hate it gets here!
Femme Fatale is probably the most hated album among her fan base (after Britney Jean, of course)
It depends on where you live. Here in Latin America "Femme Fatale" was a very liked, popular and accepted era. It is more popular than both "Blackout" and "Circus" and all of the singles (even "Criminal") blowed up the radio like she hadn't done since her prime years here, for some reason latin fans I know have a huge soft spot for the FF album and era.

"Circus" is forgotten here, FF kinda put her back on the radio here and "Till the world ends" was popular. "Circus" sold good here due to her strong fanbase of the time but it wasn't really a thing outside of her fanbase, it was too American Pop for us .... The dance nature of FF clicked with the GP better here.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:07 pm

I definitely feel like FF is more frequently mentioned than Circus. Probably because it came after a relatively long hiatus and was seen as another comeback album.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:40 pm

joiPrince_JO wrote:I definitely feel like FF is more frequently mentioned than Circus. Probably because it came after a relatively long hiatus and was seen as another comeback album.
I agree, but like I said it depends on the market, it wasn't like that everywhere.

FF meant a huge decline for her in markets such as UK, Germany, Australia to name some. While it enjoyed success and relevance in markets such as France, Canada, Sweden, Latin America, etc.

The key with FF is that even if it sold less than "Circus" its singles had way more radio airplay than Circus' and that was basically everywhere, some of her fans don't realize that "Circus" era was off the radar for the GP as soon as "Womanizer" left the charts whereas FF was still getting heavy rotation on radio with its 3rd single "I wanna go" everywhere (except UK) and even "Criminal" was smashing radios in certain markets.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:51 pm

MrLeonix wrote:
joiPrince_JO wrote:I definitely feel like FF is more frequently mentioned than Circus. Probably because it came after a relatively long hiatus and was seen as another comeback album.
The key with FF is that even if it sold less than "Circus" its singles had way more radio airplay than Circus' and that was basically everywhere, some of her fans don't realize that "Circus" era was off the radar for the GP as soon as "Womanizer" left the charts whereas FF was still getting heavy rotation on radio with its 3rd single "I wanna go" everywhere (except UK) and even "Criminal" was smashing radios in certain markets.
Thats true. This reminds me how terribly they handeled the era. After the album dropped she basically disappeared, then they released IFSA and it caused a controversy and they didn't even try to push a clean version to radios. Then Radar was released and by that time the damage was done.

They really should have re-released the album with 3 being the lead single. TSC was completely pointless and a re-release possibly could've helped Circus to reach 2 million in the US.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby GetBack » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:04 pm

Circus was not hated, fans may argue about its quality but it was Britney's resurrection. Femme Fatale is a bit hated by fans and the general public because Britney was at her most terrible work ethic state, there was something mega off about her performances, most of the time, she seemed uncomfortable. Even when she received the Vanguard award, she looked so puzzled. I'm so glad those days are gone!
Carey like Mariah.
GetBack
Legend

Postby joiPrince_JO » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:14 pm

The GP doesn't care about what an artist looks like. If they hear a song on the radio that they like, they're gonna buy it/stream it. Only her fanbase and critics cared about the physical state she was in at the time.
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:17 pm

joiPrince_JO wrote:Thats true. This reminds me how terribly they handeled the era. After the album dropped she basically disappeared, then they released IFSA and it caused a controversy and they didn't even try to push a clean version to radios. Then Radar was released and by that time the damage was done.

They really should have re-released the album with 3 being the lead single. TSC was completely pointless and a re-release possibly could've helped Circus to reach 2 million in the US.
Exactly, and the "Circus" (single) was huge and had potential but it was overshadowed by "Womanizer" which was still charting high by the time they released the second single.

GetBack wrote:Circus was not hated, fans may argue about its quality but it was Britney's resurrection!
No one was saying "Circus" was hated LOL. In fact "Circus" is one of her most blindly-loved eras by her fans. What I'm saying is that in certain markets like here in Latin America it is quite forgotten these days and that FF was a more beloved era over here.

I feel like American / UK Britney fans hate FF era, but that was not the case everywhere, there are many FF-friendly markets such as Canada or France and of course Latin America, that era is not hated here at all.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby mattsky » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:14 pm

FF is such a solid pop record. Not a single filler track. I know it's not personal and her work ethic was bad BUT it's a great pop record.
Circus is also great. It has some filler AND killer bonus tracks!
Haven't been early since '88
mattsky
Superstar

Postby RayRay » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:31 pm

Instinct wrote:
Femme Fatale is the only Britney studio album I bought on CD. (I have some cdsingles, dvd's and her Greatest Hits on CD too.)

Till The World Ends is one of my all time favorite Britney songs. It's the main reason I bought the album.
RayRay
Legend

Postby Instinct » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:27 pm

MrLeonix wrote:It depends on where you live. Here in Latin America "Femme Fatale" was a very liked, popular and accepted era. It is more popular than both "Blackout" and "Circus" and all of the singles (even "Criminal") blowed up the radio like she hadn't done since her prime years here, for some reason latin fans I know have a huge soft spot for the FF album and era.

"Circus" is forgotten here, FF kinda put her back on the radio here and "Till the world ends" was popular. "Circus" sold good here due to her strong fanbase of the time but it wasn't really a thing outside of her fanbase, it was too American Pop for us .... The dance nature of FF clicked with the GP better here.
Yeah, this is actually true. I've noticed that "Femme Fatale" seems to be one of her most loved eras in Latin America. I know a lot of fans from Latin America who really love that album. Plus, she went on tour so I'm sure that helped a bit too.

Even "Criminal" did extremely well in Brazil :lol: Regarding Europe, I think "Femme Fatale" was much bigger than "Circus" in Spain too. They sold the same but "Femme Fatale" had a much better chart run, and I don't think "Circus" or "If U Seek Amy" even charted in Spain, while she had 2 Top 20 hits with "Femme Fatale". It seems like Spanish speaking countries were very much on board. I don't think that was the case with "Blackout" and even "Circus" other than the album and "Womanizer".

mattsky wrote:FF is such a solid pop record. Not a single filler track. I know it's not personal and her work ethic was bad BUT it's a great pop record.
Circus is also great. It has some filler AND killer bonus tracks!
I can think of at least 5 :lol: It has some good songs for sure but it's too generic and lifeless imo.

joiPrince_JO wrote:The GP doesn't care about what an artist looks like. If they hear a song on the radio that they like, they're gonna buy it/stream it. Only her fanbase and critics cared about the physical state she was in at the time.
This is true, but pop stars like Britney have build their careers around their looks/image, and I do remember her getting dragged by the media over her looks/weight (especially when she went on tour). That didn't really affect her on the radio, but it for sure affected her image.
Instinct
Manager

Postby Erotica » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:24 pm

I enjoyed Femme Fatale but it didn't age so well, still a good album overall cause it had some great songs (mostly album tracks except Criminal though)
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Legend » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:15 pm

I love Femme Fatale the way I love Blackout. I enjoyed listening to it from start to finish.
Legend
Groupie

Postby Erotica » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:03 pm

Instinct wrote:Yeah it’s definitely generic and one of my least fave singles from her. But it’s a lot better than I Wanna Go imo. Still will bop to it if it comes on shuffle tho.
I prefer I wanna go over it definitely, though it's not great too. Anyway, Criminal was the best single and deserved a great success
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby RayRay » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:29 pm

My favorite was Till The End Of Time, although I also really love I Wanna Go and Hold It Against Me.
RayRay
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:48 pm

RayRay wrote:My favorite was Till The End Of Time, although I also really love I Wanna Go and Hold It Against Me.
Its called "Till the world ends" :-?
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:38 pm

Erotica wrote:I enjoyed Femme Fatale but it didn't age so well, still a good album overall cause it had some great songs (mostly album tracks except Criminal though)
I would agree with this.

Criminal is just awful.
How about you Get the F*** Out.
SummerPeur
Legend

Postby RayRay » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:38 pm

MrLeonix wrote:
RayRay wrote:My favorite was Till The End Of Time, although I also really love I Wanna Go and Hold It Against Me.
Its called "Till the world ends" :-?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What was I thinking?!!
RayRay
Legend

Postby Mainshow » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:19 am

Personally, I love "Femme Fatale". There's no song in it which can be considered bad.
I agree with the statement above that it is not well-received among fans because of Britney's strange and robotic kind of behaviour and looks. The songs were hits, though, experimental, refreshing, fun and well-produced.

"Criminal" was even a radio hit here in Germany and it was the first time that I heard Britney frequently on our radio stations since "Everytime". xD
#JUSTICE4ALEKSEEV
Mainshow
Legend

Postby LotsOfLove » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:33 am

FF was always among my favorite top 3 albums by Britney. Glory pushed it out of the top 3 :D

I like FF, unfortunately I don't like the image she had during that era. I'm still confused on why she was so stiff and so bloated. She looked really awful during that era, I wanna know what was going behind the scenes.
But the music was nice and it fitted perfectly to 2011-2012. Releasing Criminal as a single was one of their biggest mistakes, it cut the era short. This album could've had at least 6 hit songs. What a waste.
LotsOfLove
Manager

Postby Erotica » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:09 am

LotsOfLove wrote:FF was always among my favorite top 3 albums by Britney. Glory pushed it out of the top 3 :D
For me it was on #3 too, but Glory took that place
Erotica
Legend

Postby menime123 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:28 am

joiPrince_JO wrote:The GP doesn't care about what an artist looks like. If they hear a song on the radio that they like, they're gonna buy it/stream it. Only her fanbase and critics cared about the physical state she was in at the time.
Come join us in the Madonna thread if you believe this :lol:
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby menime123 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:30 am

Circus was her comeback album but between Circus and FF, Britney... I don’t know, there was a level of dis-engagement I think between her as an artist and the public. I think musically, Circus was too safe and FF didn’t really offer anything that could hold its own against classic Britney - Womaniser however, could.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby Noahh » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:30 am

LotsOfLove wrote:FF was always among my favorite top 3 albums by Britney. Glory pushed it out of the top 3 :D

I like FF, unfortunately I don't like the image she had during that era. I'm still confused on why she was so stiff and so bloated. She looked really awful during that era, I wanna know what was going behind the scenes.
Most probably medication,
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:31 pm

serving that 2003 urban Britney look 8-)
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Return to General Artists Discussion