Céline Dion

Moderators: tdc2000, Wayne, Benjamin, stevyy

 

Postby dhenapie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:47 pm

Happy birthday, Kween Therese! ♥♥♥

Image

Thank you for creating one of the most wonderful women that ever lived! :cry:
Taste your words, before you spit them out.
User avatar
dhenapie
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010

Postby Wayne » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:49 pm

I have so much respect for Therese - she is a truly inspirational woman. Happy birthday, may she be blessed with many more years.



You can tell how much Céline adores her mum.
I am a recovering
Anxiety addict
A broken perfectionist
Somewhat erratic


Recovering - Céline Dion.
User avatar
Wayne
Legend
 
Posts: 43085
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006
Location: United Kingdom

Postby dhenapie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:57 pm

Reposting this BEAUTIFUL family photo for the new page...

Image
Taste your words, before you spit them out.
User avatar
dhenapie
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010

Postby RLAAMJR » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:11 am

dhenapie wrote:Reposting this BEAUTIFUL family photo for the new page...

Image
What an awesome big family Celine has. :)
Celine Marie Claudette Tanguay Dion-Angelil, #BestSellingArtistofthe90s #TheGreatestCanadian #SaviorofLasVegas #QueenofThemeSongs
User avatar
RLAAMJR
Manager
 
Posts: 2698
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016
Location: Justin Bieber, I'm a Belieber!

Postby dhenapie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:25 am

Celine Dion Talks About Her 'Titanic' Sweatshirt

Image

The songstress breaks her silence on the iconic look that broke the social sphere.

Celine Dion's stylist Law Roach, No. 21 on THR's Top 25 Stylists, is credited with putting the 48-year-old star back on fashion's radar — all starting with last July’s Paris Haute Couture fashion parade (Christian Dior, Giambattista Valli, Gucci), followed by countless fierce/statement-making styles.

Perhaps the most photographed look — and viral moment — of all was a Titanic sweatshirt by Vetements, which Dion teamed with skinny distressed jeans and gold Gucci sandals. The hoodie, emblazoned with Jack Dawson and Rose DeWitt Bukater (aka Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet), not only rocked social media, but also won the songstress' affections. "Law has changed me 65 times a day, but one of my favorites was the Titanic sweatshirt," Dion tells THR.

Says Roach, "I had the idea to put her in the Titanic sweatshirt because this year marks the movie’s 20th anniversary. I thought it would be so cool, but I was afraid she’d think it was corny. When I actually pulled it out and showed it to her, Celine snatched it up and threw it on. She was like, 'Man, this is cool.' "

Dion says she's incredibly proud of her work on 1997's Titianic hit single "My Heart Will Go On" because it helped get her where she is today. "My mother saw me [wearing the sweatshirt] and she said, 'Oh my god, this is way too big for you!' and she asked, 'Since when are you wearing clothes that are too big for you?’ She did not understand that it was cool!" laughs Dion.

The Los Angeles-based stylist, who also works with Zendaya, 20, and Ariana Grande, 23, pulled the $885 oversized streetwear from the designer’s archives because it was sold out. "He took it away from me!" exclaims Dion of having to return the hooded sweatshirt right after wearing it. Dion’s impassioned plea to Vetement’s designer Demna Gvasalia: "Please send it back!"
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... sweatshirt
Taste your words, before you spit them out.
User avatar
dhenapie
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010

Postby RLAAMJR » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:02 am

^^ Ahaha. Nice one.
Celine Marie Claudette Tanguay Dion-Angelil, #BestSellingArtistofthe90s #TheGreatestCanadian #SaviorofLasVegas #QueenofThemeSongs
User avatar
RLAAMJR
Manager
 
Posts: 2698
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016
Location: Justin Bieber, I'm a Belieber!

Postby Wayne » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:31 pm

You can watch the Celine parts of The Voice here for one of the battles: https://vimeo.com/209367979

She would be SUCH an awesome coach. And also, what great press she's receiving - I truly believe that she's the most revered female vocalist alive, the love and adulation that people show her is just inspiring.
I am a recovering
Anxiety addict
A broken perfectionist
Somewhat erratic


Recovering - Céline Dion.
User avatar
Wayne
Legend
 
Posts: 43085
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006
Location: United Kingdom

Postby dhenapie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:15 pm

A Mariah-esque attitude - served in a Celinish way.

https://vimeo.com/208593904

I love her. :cry: :lol:
Taste your words, before you spit them out.
User avatar
dhenapie
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010

Postby Wayne » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:39 pm

dhenapie wrote:A Mariah-esque attitude - served in a Celinish way.

https://vimeo.com/208593904

I love her. :cry: :lol:
:lol: I love this so much.
I am a recovering
Anxiety addict
A broken perfectionist
Somewhat erratic


Recovering - Céline Dion.
User avatar
Wayne
Legend
 
Posts: 43085
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006
Location: United Kingdom

Postby RLAAMJR » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:44 pm

dhenapie wrote:A Mariah-esque attitude - served in a Celinish way.

https://vimeo.com/208593904

I love her. :cry: :lol:
ill check it out later.
Celine Marie Claudette Tanguay Dion-Angelil, #BestSellingArtistofthe90s #TheGreatestCanadian #SaviorofLasVegas #QueenofThemeSongs
User avatar
RLAAMJR
Manager
 
Posts: 2698
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016
Location: Justin Bieber, I'm a Belieber!

Postby menime123 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:18 pm

Wayne wrote:
dhenapie wrote:A Mariah-esque attitude - served in a Celinish way.

https://vimeo.com/208593904

I love her. :cry: :lol:
:lol: I love this so much.
To her credit, she didn't want to stop, decided against it and then she gets asked about someone else :lol:
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
User avatar
menime123
Superstar
 
Posts: 7028
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby RLAAMJR » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:04 pm

Wayne wrote:You can watch the Celine parts of The Voice here for one of the battles: https://vimeo.com/209367979

She would be SUCH an awesome coach. And also, what great press she's receiving - I truly believe that she's the most revered female vocalist alive, the love and adulation that people show her is just inspiring.
I want American Idol back with Celine as one of the judges.
Celine Marie Claudette Tanguay Dion-Angelil, #BestSellingArtistofthe90s #TheGreatestCanadian #SaviorofLasVegas #QueenofThemeSongs
User avatar
RLAAMJR
Manager
 
Posts: 2698
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016
Location: Justin Bieber, I'm a Belieber!

Postby jochen » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:41 pm

RLAAMJR wrote:
Wayne wrote:You can watch the Celine parts of The Voice here for one of the battles: https://vimeo.com/209367979

She would be SUCH an awesome coach. And also, what great press she's receiving - I truly believe that she's the most revered female vocalist alive, the love and adulation that people show her is just inspiring.
I want American Idol back with Celine as one of the judges.
This would be the Most boring thing
Vegas and this = heritage act.

No thanks.


Any news on her new english album?
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
User avatar
jochen
Manager
 
Posts: 1950
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008
Location: Germany, Hannover

Postby RayRay » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:22 pm

dhenapie wrote:Reposting this BEAUTIFUL family photo for the new page...

Image
Why are Celine's children the only kids on this photo?
Before you post, think: "Is it honest? Is it kind? Is it useful?"
User avatar
RayRay
Manager
 
Posts: 4512
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011
Location: Netherlands

Postby RLAAMJR » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:38 pm

jochen wrote:
RLAAMJR wrote:
Wayne wrote:You can watch the Celine parts of The Voice here for one of the battles: https://vimeo.com/209367979

She would be SUCH an awesome coach. And also, what great press she's receiving - I truly believe that she's the most revered female vocalist alive, the love and adulation that people show her is just inspiring.
I want American Idol back with Celine as one of the judges.
This would be the Most boring thing
Vegas and this = heritage act.

No thanks.


Any news on her new english album?
But americans watch ai and she will gain more american fans.
Celine Marie Claudette Tanguay Dion-Angelil, #BestSellingArtistofthe90s #TheGreatestCanadian #SaviorofLasVegas #QueenofThemeSongs
User avatar
RLAAMJR
Manager
 
Posts: 2698
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016
Location: Justin Bieber, I'm a Belieber!

Postby Wayne » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:04 pm

15 years ago today, A New Day Has Come was released...

Image

For my money, it's her most slickly produced record - it was one of the first albums I owned personally [as a 13 year old young boy!] and I have been in love with her music since. The album will forever hold a special place in my heart - it's one of the finest pop albums ever released IMO.
I am a recovering
Anxiety addict
A broken perfectionist
Somewhat erratic


Recovering - Céline Dion.
User avatar
Wayne
Legend
 
Posts: 43085
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Nippian93 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:01 pm

^ Happy 15th Anniversary !
❤Whitney Houston
User avatar
Nippian93
Legend
 
Posts: 17851
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016

Postby dhenapie » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:28 pm

Has it really been that long? Dang 15 years feels like just 5 to me. :o

Not a huge fan of the project tbh, but I have to say it's one of her best albums- vocally.

The holy trinity of the album (GTSW/P/IS) alone >>>>>>>>
Taste your words, before you spit them out.
User avatar
dhenapie
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010

Postby heartlocked » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:16 am

<3

M A R I A H
User avatar
heartlocked
Manager
 
Posts: 1446
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013
Location: New York Metro Area

Postby RLAAMJR » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:12 am

heartlocked wrote:<3

Who is the guy singing batb?
Celine Marie Claudette Tanguay Dion-Angelil, #BestSellingArtistofthe90s #TheGreatestCanadian #SaviorofLasVegas #QueenofThemeSongs
User avatar
RLAAMJR
Manager
 
Posts: 2698
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016
Location: Justin Bieber, I'm a Belieber!

Postby dhenapie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:00 am

Are you serious you don't know the guy?

That's Barnev Valsaint. He's been one of her back up singers for almost 2 decades now.
Taste your words, before you spit them out.
User avatar
dhenapie
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010

Postby RLAAMJR » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:19 am

dhenapie wrote:Are you serious you don't know the guy?

That's Barnev Valsaint. He's been one of her back up singers for almost 2 decades now.
Nope. I would prefer Celine's team make an audition for who will sing Peabo's part. Back up singers are already her fans and are being paid but if they conduct an audition, that would be more exciting as Celine will announce the person who won the audition and gets to sing Peabo's part.
Celine Marie Claudette Tanguay Dion-Angelil, #BestSellingArtistofthe90s #TheGreatestCanadian #SaviorofLasVegas #QueenofThemeSongs
User avatar
RLAAMJR
Manager
 
Posts: 2698
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016
Location: Justin Bieber, I'm a Belieber!

Postby dhenapie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:28 am

I just thought that as a long time fan, you already know him. Or at least heard of his name. I mean he's been singing with her since LTAL tour, and has been very visible in her concert DVD's (A New Day, TCWT, TTEOTW).
Taste your words, before you spit them out.
User avatar
dhenapie
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010

Postby Critiaslux » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:49 am

dhenapie wrote:Has it really been that long? Dang 15 years feels like just 5 to me. :o

Not a huge fan of the project tbh, but I have to say it's one of her best albums- vocally.

The holy trinity of the album (GTSW/P/IS) alone >>>>>>>>
Prayer and I Surrender are great songs indeed. :P

I Surrender a contestant favorite all around the world, starting with Kelly Clarkson already in 2002. I do not understand why Sony did not release it as single instead of GTSW or At last.
Critiaslux
Roadie
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013
Location: Luxembourg

Postby RLAAMJR » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:02 am

dhenapie wrote:I just thought that as a long time fan, you already know him. Or at least heard of his name. I mean he's been singing with her since LTAL tour, and has been very visible in her concert DVD's (A New Day, TCWT, TTEOTW).
I dont know much about the people who work with Celine. I even forgot the back up singer who sang with Celine on her Memphis concert.
Celine Marie Claudette Tanguay Dion-Angelil, #BestSellingArtistofthe90s #TheGreatestCanadian #SaviorofLasVegas #QueenofThemeSongs
User avatar
RLAAMJR
Manager
 
Posts: 2698
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016
Location: Justin Bieber, I'm a Belieber!

Return to General Artists Discussion