Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin

What is your favorite Celine song produced by Walter Afanasieff

Show Some Emotion (Celine Dion)
2%
If You Could See me Now (Celine Dion)
2%
Halfway To Heaven (Celine Dion)
4%
Beauty and the Beast duet with Peabo Bryson (Celine Dion)
8%
Water from the Moon (Celine Dion)
4%
With This Tear(Celine Dion)
7%
Nothing Broken But my Heart (Celine Dion)
7%
Love You Blind (If You Asked Me to Single)
1%
Love Doesn't Ask Why (The Colour of My Love)
9%
Immortality duet with The Bee Gees (Let's Talk About Love)
12%
Tell Him duet with Barbra Streisand (Let's talk About Love)
9%
My Heart Will Go On (Let's Talk About Love)
11%
A New Day has Come (A New Day Has Come)
21%
Prayer (A New Day Has Come)
2%
Nature Boy (A New Day Has Come)
No votes
Always Be Your Girl (Loved me Back to Life)
No votes

Total votes : 90

Postby RayRay » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:37 pm

BlueScorpion wrote:In spite of never being a bonafide dancer her energy, moves and stage presence are remarkable for a vocalist.
True. The GP think she stands behind a mic and sing ballads. :-?
RayRay
Legend

Postby JJeffs » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:55 pm

Wayne wrote:

I don't recall ever seeing this - OMG, her voice!! :o :o

Love Voices That Care - one of my favourite "unknown" songs she's part of.
I just heard this yesterday. I have a playlist of about 4500 singles/hits from the 80s and 90s that I play on shuffle quite a bit. This just happened to come up. It's quite the group of voices, and not a terrible song. Celine stands out.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby jochen » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:13 pm

[code][/code]
BlueScorpion wrote:In spite of never being a bonafide dancer her energy, moves and stage presence are remarkable for a vocalist.
Yes but celin is doing a bit too much sometimes.
Esp. Clowneri
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
jochen
Manager

Postby Christinamuse » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:30 pm

jochen wrote:[code][/code]
Esp. Clowneri
And as always a small fly in the ointment from Jochen :D You'll never miss the opportunity to put it in)
https://www.last.fm/user/Christinamuse
https://www.instagram.com/christinasinglove/

Music creates the feelings which you can't find in life
Christinamuse
Manager

Postby Wayne » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:12 pm

Best American Music Awards Performances No. 10: Celine Dion Pays Tribute to Paris Attack Victims at the 2015 AMAs

In honor of the 2017 American Music Awards, Billboard is counting down the best performances from the awards show’s history. Here is No. 10.

The world was still reeling from the terrorist attacks that had taken the lives of 130 people across six different target locations throughout Paris. But these attacks hit closer to home for the American music industry as 89 lives were lost in a mass shooting at Le Bataclan during a show by American rockers Eagles of Death Metal.

So, it was only fitting for Celine Dion, the foremost French-language chanteuse in America, to take on the responsibility of honoring the lives lost with a musical tribute at the 2015 American Music Awards. The Quebecois native -- who made her name as a teen star in the French-speaking world -- sang Edith Piaf’s “Hymne à L'Amour” in French.

Just as the Eiffel Tower went dark to mourn Paris, so too did the stage of the AMAs 10 days after the Nov. 13 tragedy. The minimalist stage was characterized by black outfits and low lighting as images of Parisian landmarks were projected on a big screen.

Dion’s powerhouse voice deviated from Piaf’s precise vibrato while easing into the soaring vocal runs demanded of the song. Shots of tear-streaked faces in the crowd were interwoven into the emotionally charged production, aided by an orchestra. There were parts where the veteran songstress went off-key, but that contributed to the emotional intensity of the moment.

However, the superstar’s presence didn’t distract from the gravity of the moment -- at one point, Dion turned back at the screen to take in the images of Paris along with the audience. Then she closed out the performance with a sustained note filled with the kind of intensity that was only appropriate for the evening.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/event ... or-attacks
Wayne
Administrator

Postby BlueScorpion » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:32 am

jochen wrote:[code][/code]
Esp. Clowneri
You can't even quote properly, so girl bye! :lol:
"Side effects be drowsiness / Loneliness / How is this? / I think they call it hateration / What can you prescribe for this?"
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby JJeffs » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:18 am

Just voted on the poll. I've heard To Love You More on 3 separate occasions while at Home Depot. They clearly stan.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby exfactor003 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:04 am

the Hymne à l’amour performance has to be the most out of tune of her career, but I love how emotional it was, and how stoic she came across. that dress was gorgeous, as well.
exfactor003
Groupie

Postby CSCfan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:09 am

Céline took part in a special Leonard Cohen tribute song, "Tower of Song".

Watch a small clip of her singing during the song here
-Mathias

For the latest Céline Dion news:
LIKE this FB page and FOLLOW this Twitter!
Shania Twain - NOW | Sep 29
The Corrs - JUPITER CALLING | Nov 10
CSCfan
Personal Assistant

Postby Wayne » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:44 pm

^ OMG, love what I hear!

That small sound is what I’d love on a new album - will we get to hear the whole thing?
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Wayne » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:06 pm

10 years of Taking Chances!

Today, we celebrate the 10 year anniversary of Taking Chances!

After having had a 2 year gap from music (3 years if you discount Miracle, which was a concept album), Celine returned with a BANG in 2007 with Taking Chances - an album touted as her most experimental anglophone release yet! The album was a success, selling more than 3.5 million copies worldwide and reaching the top 10 in 24 countries! The accompanying world tour, her first since 1999, was a resounding success; she would play to 2.5 million people and she would gross $279.2 million - a sum of money that at that point was the 2nd highest of any solo artist of all-time.
SLAYline really delivered with Taking Chances - I like it so much more in retrospect than I did at the time, I think it's aged wonderfully.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby exfactor003 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:15 pm

OMG, I love Tower of Song. :D so that’s what she was recording in her recent IG pics, based on the outfit.
exfactor003
Groupie

Postby Critiaslux » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:47 pm

http://www.billboard.com/articles/events/amas/8023190/celine-dion-best-american-music-awards-performances-no-10-tribute-paris-terror-attacks?utm_source=twitter

Best American Music Awards Performances No. 10: Celine Dion Pays Tribute to Paris Attack Victims at the 2015 AMAs
11/6/2017 by Caitlin Kelley

Celine Dion performs onstage during the 2015 American Music Awards at Microsoft Theater on Nov. 22, 2015 in Los Angeles.

In honor of the 2017 American Music Awards, Billboard is counting down the best performances from the awards show’s history. Here is No. 10.

The world was still reeling from the terrorist attacks that had taken the lives of 130 people across six different target locations throughout Paris. But these attacks hit closer to home for the American music industry as 89 lives were lost in a mass shooting at Le Bataclan during a show by American rockers Eagles of Death Metal.

So, it was only fitting for Celine Dion, the foremost French-language chanteuse in America, to take on the responsibility of honoring the lives lost with a musical tribute at the 2015 American Music Awards. The Quebecois native -- who made her name as a teen star in the French-speaking world -- sang Edith Piaf’s “Hymne à L'Amour” in French.

Just as the Eiffel Tower went dark to mourn Paris, so too did the stage of the AMAs 10 days after the Nov. 13 tragedy. The minimalist stage was characterized by black outfits and low lighting as images of Parisian landmarks were projected on a big screen.

Dion’s powerhouse voice deviated from Piaf’s precise vibrato while easing into the soaring vocal runs demanded of the song. Shots of tear-streaked faces in the crowd were interwoven into the emotionally charged production, aided by an orchestra. There were parts where the veteran songstress went off-key, but that contributed to the emotional intensity of the moment.

However, the superstar’s presence didn’t distract from the gravity of the moment -- at one point, Dion turned back at the screen to take in the images of Paris along with the audience. Then she closed out the performance with a sustained note filled with the kind of intensity that was only appropriate for the evening.

Watch the full performance below.
Critiaslux
Roadie

Postby Iiketheair » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:38 pm

Céline made a surprise appearance at OMNIA club last night and performed MHWGO remix with Steve Aoki. The event was to raise money for shooting victims of Las Vegas massacre.

Video
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbOkcNLDGaD/

I love her :lol:
Last edited by Iiketheair on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iiketheair
Roadie

Postby pat200 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:02 pm

any idea when the whole version of the leonard cohen tribute song will be out?
pat200
Personal Assistant

Postby Wayne » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:11 pm

I. LOVE. HER. SO. MUCH.

:cry:

She is incredible.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Wayne » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:53 pm

Wayne
Administrator

Postby Iiketheair » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:08 pm

pat200 wrote:any idea when the whole version of the leonard cohen tribute song will be out?
She only sings a part of the song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id8z2xukL_w
Iiketheair
Roadie

Postby pat200 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:15 pm

Iiketheair wrote:
pat200 wrote:any idea when the whole version of the leonard cohen tribute song will be out?
She only sings a part of the song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id8z2xukL_w
thx! yeah i knew she only did a part. i wanted to see how the whole song with the others came out :)
pat200
Personal Assistant

Postby Wayne » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:56 pm

Last night with Steve Aoki! 8-)
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Wayne » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:58 pm

Wayne
Administrator

Postby Iiketheair » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:50 pm

The blue dress is gone.
Iiketheair
Roadie

Postby CSCfan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:53 pm

Iiketheair wrote:The blue dress is gone.
FINALLY!

This one has to grow up on me, but I like it..
-Mathias

For the latest Céline Dion news:
LIKE this FB page and FOLLOW this Twitter!
Shania Twain - NOW | Sep 29
The Corrs - JUPITER CALLING | Nov 10
CSCfan
Personal Assistant

Postby Iiketheair » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:58 pm

CSCfan wrote:
Iiketheair wrote:FINALLY!

This one has to grow up on me, but I like it..
I like it too, she looks stunning. But I saw a video and she can't move like she does with the blue dress. I'm not sure if she will keep it.
Iiketheair
Roadie

Postby Christinamuse » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:49 am

Wayne wrote:I. LOVE. HER. SO. MUCH.

:cry:

She is incredible.
Tbh, Celine has made me laugh with this new MHWGO remix :D
Those lip syncing, strange and inappropriate remix insertion. It looks so rediculous) I can't understand what I've just watched)
https://www.last.fm/user/Christinamuse
https://www.instagram.com/christinasinglove/

Music creates the feelings which you can't find in life
Christinamuse
Manager

Return to General Artists Discussion