Céline Dion

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby Wayne » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:27 am

:-?
Wayne
Administrator

Postby menime123 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:09 am

Did she catch a cold or something from that drunk woman?
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Superstar

Postby Wayne » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:14 am

Apparently, she has a virus - some fans speculated though that that woman aggravated her bad back when she clung onto her.

Hopefully, she'll be back for Friday's show.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby BodyShop » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:49 pm

Wayne wrote:Finally, To Love You More was a million-selling smash in Japan but outside of Asia, that song just isn't known.
Just saw this post replying to Leonix question and,here in Brazil,To Love You More was a HUGE hit as well. It was included on a prime time Soap Opera back in the day.
Immortality was also a huge smash for Celine here (along with the ones he listed).
To complete the list from a brazilian point of view,I'd add That's The Way It Is and A New Day Has Come or Tell Him .
BodyShop
Manager

Postby CSCfan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:18 pm

The video of that woman humping Céline is going viral.... and it's earning Céline lots of praise... <3

Queen.

-Mathias

For the latest Céline Dion news:
LIKE this FB page and FOLLOW this Twitter!
Shania Twain - NOW | Sep 29
The Corrs - JUPITER CALLING | Nov 10
CSCfan
Personal Assistant

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:16 pm

Celine is the only artist to score (no.1)million selling singles across every main counties:
in the US, in the UK, in Japan, in Germany and in France and the biggest song of the year in Australia – each time with at least one different song.

The million seller was the hit that begun her domination eras in the country. Pour Que Tu M’Aimes Encore in France, To Love You More in Japan, Think Twice in the UK, The Power Of Love in the US, Beacuse You Loved Me in the Australia.In each of those countries, Celine Dion was already known, already an star and she just became the supereme queen of chart&sales and household name after those respective songs.
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★2Osc+  10Gram+  5Em+  Tony 
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★Biggest Box office Actress
★Only Artist No.1 in 7 Decades
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Personal Assistant

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:37 pm

And she is the most famous foreign female singer in my countrry-Mainland, Tawain,Hongkong, Maoca.MHWGO is no doubt the signature somg, other famous song including A new day has come, Beauty and Beast, BYLM, ABM and I surrend. Her FIY is the top 2 stream album by female from 1996, LTAL is the most stream album by female from 1997, Christmas album is the 3rd from 1998, All the Way is the 3r from 1999.
Last edited by CelinetoBarbra on Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Personal Assistant

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:44 pm

imlookedat81 wrote:Amazing! Queen of sales and queen of fashion, who would have thought that even Mariah would hired Celine’s stylist. So looking forward to 2018 and the new album and tour!
But In my Country, Celine and Mariah has earned nickname for Master Funny Diva..... in the Internet Because theirs funny look.
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Personal Assistant

Postby bm08 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:50 pm

I found that entire stage crash video to be both scary and awkward. It really is crazy how easy it is to get to artists on stage in such intimate settings like that. Hopefully Celine gets back on stage soon and this incident didnt have anything to do with her illness.
bm08
Superstar

Postby Iiketheair » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:30 pm

This went viral

700k views
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb28USd7VxI&t=142s
Iiketheair
Roadie

Postby Wayne » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:39 pm

Everywhere is reporting on this now, everywhere!

I like TIME's article:

Magnanimous Star Celine Dion Helped a Disruptive Fan During Her Show

Celine Dion is grace embodied. Consider: during a recent performance of her popular Las Vegas show, the iconic vocalist was disrupted onstage when a fan managed to get past security and, in seemingly inebriated fashion, stumble to Dion.

But instead of reacting with fear or getting security to remove the interloper, Dion’s magnanimity prevailed. She embraced the fan and delivered a sermon of sorts on humanity and what we share.

“Let me tell you something: I’m glad you came up onstage tonight,” Dion tells the fan in video from the evening. “I bet you just wanted to come closer to me. But you know what? I’m glad you came closer to me.” She then sings a few bars of “I love you, you love me.” When the fan resists being removed by a besuited security member — “Don’t touch me!” she interjects, taking Dion’s mic — Dion remains totally unperturbed.

“Look me in the eyes. Do you see my heart?” she asks soulfully as the fan does a little dance. “2018, we’re going to make a change… you know what? We’ve got something in common. We’ve got babies that we love, and we’re going to fight for them. And we’re wearing gold. That’s a sign. Are you ready to party with me tonight?” The two embrace, and after some maneuvering with security, is led off.

“Some people go through a lot. And some people need to talk,” Dion then adds, addressing her crowd. “And I want to say thank you to all of you. Because for maybe five minutes, we had given this lady a moment to talk,” she went on, before also expressing her gratitude for her security team and the crowd’s patience. It’s a master class in managing surprise with compassionate poise. Celine Dion: still a legend.

http://time.com/5096849/celine-dion-stage-rush/
Wayne
Administrator

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:52 pm

Celine handled that so professionally!

I freaked out when that woman wrapped her legs around her.

Celine' s security needs to be FIRED!
This incident should have never happened. That's their job to prevent things like this
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend

Postby RayRay » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:07 pm

SmartIsNewSexy wrote:Celine handled that so professionally!

I freaked out when that woman wrapped her legs around her.

Celine' s security needs to be FIRED!
This incident should have never happened. That's their job to prevent things like this
Celine asked the woman to come on stage. She even thanked her security for the way they handled it.
I think Celine would have fired them if they had dragged her off the stage.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby dhenapie » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:44 pm

Celine Dion's Response to Unruly Fan Rushing the Stage Is a Powerful Lesson in Emotional Intelligence

How would you react if a drunk stranger suddenly rushed you at work? Would you run? Fight? Freak out?

That's the apparent situation famous singer Celine Dion had to deal with during a recent performance at Caesar's Palace. During the middle of her concert, a fan who appears to be intoxicated rushed the stage and managed to get right next to the singer. The woman then resisted security guards' attempts to remove her.

This situation could have quickly turned ugly, if not for Dion's remarkable poise and handling of the situation.

"Let me tell you something," said Dion as she clasped the woman's hand. "I'm glad you came up on stage tonight. I'm glad that...you just wanted to come closer to me."

At this point, the fan grabbed the singer and wrapped her leg around her. Obviously startled, Dion keeps calm. In just a couple of minutes, Dion convinces the woman to walk offstage with her "friends" (the guards), making the absolute best of a challenging situation.

Afterwards, Dion fell to the stage in relief, to wild applause from the crowd. She then got up to teach a valuable lesson.

"You know what?" Dion began. "Some people go through a lot. And some people need to talk. And I want to say thank you to all of you. Because for, maybe five minutes, we have given this lady a moment to talk."

Dion went on to praise the security guards for their actions. "You have done what you were supposed to do. I appreciate it very, very much. I think it was important. Thank you so much for your patience tonight."

Let's take a moment to appreciate this event for what it is: a case study in emotional intelligence--the ability to make emotions work for you instead of against you.

The power of emotional influence
In those few minutes, Dion demonstrated the power of emotional influence.

Influence is the act of affecting a person's character or behavior by means other than force or direct command. Influencers use the principles of persuasion and motivation to overcome obstacles or manage conflict. They inspire others to think differently, to see things from new perspectives, and even to change their behavior.

Here are a few principles of influence that Dion put into action:

She encouraged respect.
Dion could have ignored the disorderly fan. She could have deferred to her bodyguards or simply ran away. Instead, she showed the woman respect by acknowledging her and speaking to her. Dion even expressed appreciation for the fan, and set the tone through the calm manner she used when speaking.

If you approach people in a calm and reasonable manner, chances are much higher that they will respond in the same way. Acknowledge their difficulties and challenges, and they'll be much more willing to listen.

She sought a common ground.
At one point the fan says something inaudible, but Dion heard something she then used to strike a common ground.

"You know what?" Dion asks the woman. "We got something in common. We got babies that we love. And we're going to fight for them. And we're [both] wearing gold. That's a sign."

When attempting to persuade or convince, it's important to first find something upon which you both agree. It helps to view your counterpart as a partner or ally, instead of an enemy. It also helps you to frame your reasoning around the other person's priorities, increasing both trust and the probability they will cooperate with you moving forward.

She demonstrated empathy.
Empathy is the ability to understand and share the thoughts or feelings of another, to put yourself in another person's shoes. It doesn't require you to share the same experiences or circumstances as others; rather, it's an attempt to imagine what the person is going through. It means resisting the urge to judge, and instead, trying to connect with the other person's feelings, to share them somehow.

Likely, Dion didn't know the specifics of this fan's personal circumstances. But she could likely relate to being in a situation where she was embarrassing herself, and where she's facing unknown problems below the surface. By using that feeling to relate, she was able to form a connection with the woman. This helped Dion then influence her to get off the stage calmly, quietly, and quickly.

This is just one example of how empathy works, but every day will bring new opportunities to develop this trait. In fact, every interaction you share with another person is a chance to see things from a different perspective, to share one's feelings, and to act.

Thanks, Celine, for showing us how it's done.
https://www.inc.com/justin-bariso/celin ... cid=hmsub2
"You cannot be good all the time. You have to be good - when it’s time!"
- Céline Dion
dhenapie
Manager

Postby Wayne » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:49 pm

Dr Dion - we are not worthy. :cry:
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Wayne » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:48 pm

Céline Dion Is a Benevolent Goddess To A Drunk Fan

Nothing but respect for my President, Prime Minister, Queen, Mum, etc etc.

Imagine being so drunk that you think it’s a good idea to walk onstage during Céline Dion’s set at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas. Wild, I know, but bear with me. Imagine, for a moment, that you, a mere mortal, dared to ascend the heavenly stairs of Dion’s stage where the regal pop queen is bathed in gold, shimmering in a couture gown while singing to you songs of love and loss. This is not imagination, it’s real. An actual live human woman, drunk as ****, managed to make her way onto Dion’s stage in Las Vegas a few days ago and the Canadian icon handled it in an astonishingly sweet way.

Dion is a beacon for a lot in pop music, none more so than her extraordinary personality and presence on and offstage. A fan at the show managed to capture this awkward and unruly moment start to finish (thank you, dear stranger) and Dion is not only un-shook by the entire experience with a drunk megafan, she actually wanted the her to stay! Dion, with such earnestness that I don’t think even registered on the fan’s face, shooed away her security and said she was glad she stormed her stage. Then the fan proceeded to hump her and I am confounded by that. What… was the thought process of this person in that precise moment? Is having a good time synonymous with humping your idol without their consent?

Drunk fans are objectively the worst. I mean the ones who are obliterated and drooling and crawling up onstage to paw at their favorite singer or band. It’s Bacchanalian as all hell, yes, but stupid. But what about Dion’s security? Or the security of Caesar’s Palace, where the performance was held. In no way should a fan be able to reach the singer, of this insanely high calibre, so easily and be able to hump the Queen of Canada. (I’m honestly still in shock over that.)

Dion, for whatever the reason other than truly being The Best Human, did not think this was stupid and schooled every single one of us on how to be kind to people. She showed this fan compassion and told the audience it was important to have this break during the show because “some people go through a lot and some people need to talk” which, if that’s the case, Céline, I would love to talk to you about my current intimacy issues and get your insight. I feel like you might have some wisdom for me.

She also said of the fan, “I don’t know her, I love her,” which, profound and deep same with respect to you, Céline.

https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/y ... -drunk-fan
Now that this has gone viral, she's receiving SO much praise for it.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby carloandrew » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:14 pm

Celine is the epitome of class.

And that fan OMG.
Oprah Winfrey whole segment, for real.
20/20 Barbara Walters, for real
60 Minutes, for real.
carloandrew
Manager

Postby menime123 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:59 pm

Back to the music, when’s it due? :(
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Superstar

Postby Wayne » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:13 pm

Stephan Moccio - the man behind A New Day Has Come (single) - gave an interview to Journal de Montreal about working with Celine. The original French transcript can be read here but the gist is this:
  • Stephan is really enthusiastic about working with Celine again, stating that "her voice has never been so beautiful."
  • Working with Celine was an emotional moment for Stephan, citing the fact that the last time they worked together was in 2002 for A New Day Has Come. The article references the fact that working with Celine was his big break in terms of international success"It's Céline who gave me my first big international success"), and he has since gone on to co-produce songs such as Wrecking Ball (Miley Cyrus) and Earned It (The Weeknd).
  • On Celine's new album, Stephan acts as composer and director (I would assume director = producer). He says that he's not sure how many of his songs will feature on her album but it will be a few and that it will be a great honor for him ("I do not know how many songs she's going to end up with, but I know she's going to take a few. It's a great honor for me").
  • He said that he had a lot of fun with Celine and that her voice has improved over time (which is completely irrational as the voice she had in 2002 is the most magnificent any voice has ever sounded ever). He proclaims that her voice is a "a beautiful instrument" and goes further to say: "I was moved to be next to her in the studio. She is in a splendid form. She does not stop impressing me. She could stop now if she wanted. But her desire to create is too strong. I am very, very proud and excited about everything we produce together. There are damn good songs coming out this year. "
  • The article then moves on to other album details, highlighting that Celine will be working again with Swedish songwriter Jorgen Elofson, who also wrote for Kelly Clarkson and Britney Spears. And that Sia will also be writing a couple of songs for her album.
  • And finally, the article states that although a release date hasn't been confirmed, it is rumoured that the album will be released in the summer to coincide with her tour of Asia.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Wayne » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:40 pm

I'll be amazed if they do it.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Iiketheair » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:05 pm

That would be amazing!
Iiketheair
Roadie

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:20 pm

Wow!
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Personal Assistant

Postby Wayne » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:22 pm

Celine has confirmed her tour of Asia, beginning with Indonesia:

A specific tour topic has been opened for those that wish to follow the tour news.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby CSCfan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:43 pm

-Mathias

For the latest Céline Dion news:
LIKE this FB page and FOLLOW this Twitter!
Shania Twain - NOW | Sep 29
The Corrs - JUPITER CALLING | Nov 10
CSCfan
Personal Assistant

Postby BodyShop » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:50 pm

I love the way she and her team schedule her tours.
They don't do an extensive tour all over the world at once but choose to visit selected places /continents.
Europe last year,Asia and Oceania this year.
This way,it doesn't become an exhausting task for her ,she manages to br in contact with her fans from all over the world and her name is always out there ,relevant and remembered.
Plus ,for us fans that don't live anywhere near she's touring it's also great cause we always have something new to look at and talk about besides her Vegas residency.
Really,really clever of her !
BodyShop
Manager

Return to General Artists Discussion