Céline Dion

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

Postby Christinamuse » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:59 pm

RayRay wrote:
Christinamuse wrote:
exfactor003 wrote:
Wayne wrote:Finally, To Love You More was a million-selling smash in Japan but outside of Asia, that song just isn't known.
in Canada, it’s definitely one of her most well-known songs, which saddens me as it is one of my least favourite of hers.
I'm simply mad 'bout this song. by the way, I sang this song yesterday for almost like 10 times and I couldn't get enough) and also when I worked in Emirates it was one of my most favorite songs along with Immortality, Just Walk Away and If That's What It Takes(Pour Que Tu M'aimes Encore) to perform. Absolutely incredible song for me)
To Love You More is such a stunning song. Really showcases her vocals.
Yes, it's a very vocally powerful song, I plan to buy a video camera and record myself singing Celine's songs) and definitely I'll record To Love You More song)
https://www.last.fm/user/Christinamuse
https://www.instagram.com/christinasinglove/

Music creates the feelings which you can't find in life
Christinamuse
Manager

Postby Wayne » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:28 pm

Slay a bit, queen.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Christinamuse » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:17 am

RayRay wrote:Wow! Never heard about this before. I keep looking for new Charice songs now and then.
Now I know why there hasn't been new songs by Charice.
Her/his voice hasn't changed though.
Why do you think her voice hasn't changed. It has changed under the influence of hormone pills, see/hear the difference. and I really love his duet with herself)
btw: I was a bit surprised 'bout this news, but this is her choice, if she feels herself harmony with her body then it was a right decision.
https://www.last.fm/user/Christinamuse
https://www.instagram.com/christinasinglove/

Music creates the feelings which you can't find in life
Christinamuse
Manager

Postby RayRay » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:46 am

Adele sent out a tweet about seeing Céline Dion live in Las Vegas.
Hope it will come to a duet for the new album.
RayRay
Legend

Postby Wayne » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:10 am

Amazing.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Wayne » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:01 pm

I just love these photos:

Asian Tour Announcement - Press Conference

During her press conference, a Filipino journalist, when citing her as one of the most successful, inspirational and influential female artists in Asia, asked her who influenced her (the question is asked at around 12:00). She first cited her brothers & sisters - she cites growing up with the music of the Doobie Brothers, Creedence Clearwater, Michael Jackson, the Beatles, Frank Sinatra. She goes on to cite Labrinth, Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga & Sia as some of today's amazing performers.

She goes on to cite Annie Lennox's Diva album as being hugely important to her - she says she can recall the album from A-Z and then goes on to recall some of Annie's lyrics and states she loves her music very much.

She finally states Whitney Houston as being a big influence - she cites the fact they started at the same time, she says Whitney "had it all". She said that she sang Whitney's songs because she didn't have enough of her own songs in English at that time (21:00).

The whole press conference was just wonderful.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby menime123 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:10 pm

No, I dislike photos where she’s wearing an outfit showing her chest - it doesn’t exist :lol:
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby Aries » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:07 pm

To Love You More is one of her finest songs ever. It's a masterpiece in both music and vocal performance. It was her big hit in Asia and a moderate hit in the US, which didn't do its job making LTAL stay in the Top 10. I didn't know it is one of her best known songs in Canada.

What I've always found strange is the fact that the track is included in every edition of All The Way around the world. We know it wasn't a hit in Europe (first included as a B side of some singles of FIY and them as an inedit track of Live A Paris which sold well in Europe but not as her mainstream English language albums at the time). It deserved to be an album track of either FIY or LTAL and be released as a proper single.

I hope Celine includes I Love You and I Love You Goodbye in the setlist. I heard some fans saying those are some of her biggest hits in South East Asia.

There are many gaps between dates. I wonder where she will include cities like Osaka and other Japanese cities. What about Malaysa? TC tour had a stop there. I would like her to add some cities in China, India and South Korea.
Aries
Personal Assistant

Postby dhenapie » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:25 pm

menime123 wrote:No, I dislike photos where she’s wearing an outfit showing her chest - it doesn’t exist :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
♕♕♕
dhenapie
Manager

Postby Wayne » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:40 pm

Another one, she is clearly very poorly at the moment.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Nippian93 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:25 am

Hope she gets well soon :(
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Iiketheair » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:34 am

I don’t know what to say, other than I’m truly sorry for having to cancel tonight’s show and the two shows from last week. Cancelling a show is the hardest thing I have to do, especially when I know that so many people have travelled far to see me in Las Vegas. This decision is not made lightly. When I’m not well, I always try to push through and I do everything I can to do my show. I really struggled to finish last night’s show and it took everything out of me. My doctor advised that I absolutely cannot perform tonight.

I know that I’m disappointing you, the people who support me the most and it hurts me beyond words.

I hope that you can forgive me.

Céline xx…
https://www.facebook.com/celinedion/pos ... 0853906651
:cry:
Iiketheair
Roadie

Postby Wayne » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:36 am

Well that's unusual - she clearly understands the impact of her cancellations. Beautiful words, and really genuine.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby BlueScorpion » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:01 am

She's being as clear as water. I'd forgive anything after reading this. :oops:
You ain't gotta break down,
YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby Parkelife » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:14 am

Her song from Beauty and the Beast has been shortlisted for the Oscars, made the top 70 songs.

See if it can make the final round and be nominated.
Parkelife
Roadie

Postby menime123 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:24 am

In fairness, I’m surprised she doesn’t catch more colds, flu n bugs what with still having young kids.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby Wayne » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:32 pm

Two years ago today, Rene Angelil - one of the great music managers of all-time and one of music's greatest ever minds - passed away aged 73 due to cancer.

#RememberingRene
Wayne
Administrator

Postby BlueScorpion » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:39 pm

^ That's a powerhouse couple!
You ain't gotta break down,
YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby Lioha » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:29 pm

OMG!
I was sure it's only one year ago O_o
Lioha
Manager

Postby Wayne » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:03 am

** TONIGHT’S & TOMORROW NIGHT’S SHOWS CANCELLED**

We regret to inform you that tonight’s and tomorrow night’s performances (Tuesday, January 16 and Wednesday, January 17) of Céline at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace have been cancelled. Céline has been suffering for the past week from congestion and irritation of the vocal chords due to a lingering cold, and her physician has instructed her to rest for the next 48 hours in order for her to fully recover.

Céline is expected to resume performances at The Colosseum as scheduled on Friday, January 19.

Céline, Caesars Palace, and AEG Presents apologize for any inconvenience this causes ticket holders.

Ticket holders for the cancelled performances should be aware of the following:

TICKET REFUNDS

Credit Cards – Orders purchased with a credit card for the cancelled performance will be refunded to the credit card used for purchase.

Cash - Those who purchased tickets with cash may present tickets at the original point of sale for a refund.

Please note that Céline, The Colosseum at Caesars Palace, AXS, Caesars Palace, and AEG Presents are not responsible for hotel, travel or other expenses related to the cancellation of this performance.

- Team Céline
What the hell - hope she’s okay!
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Iiketheair » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:14 pm

Iiketheair
Roadie

Postby Wayne » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:36 pm

8-)
Wayne
Administrator

Postby heartlocked » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:26 pm

Wayne wrote:

8-)
LTAL has some of my most and least favorite Celine songs.
Favorites: The Reason, Us, Miles To Go (Before I Sleep), To Love You More, Immortality, Love Is On The Way, LTAL, and the epic duets Tell Him, I Hate You Then I Love You.
Blah: Why Oh Why, Amar Haciendo el Amor.
Can't Stand: When I Need You - I really hate this cover, almost as much as I can't stand At Last but that's because I don't like the song in general 8-)
M A R I A H
heartlocked
Manager

Postby Wayne » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:29 pm

^ You don't like her version of At Last? :o

It's amazing - the vocals are breathtaking, especially when sung live...

Her tone in 2002 was >>>
Wayne
Administrator

Postby bluemusique21 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:24 pm

Was vibing out to the song Ten Days from ANDHC and came across yhis live performance of it. My first time seeing this and Celine sounded amazing but her pretending to play the guitar is hilarious
bluemusique21
Roadie

Return to General Artists Discussion