Céline Dion

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

Postby dhenapie » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:16 am

This is so cute <3

♕♕♕
dhenapie
Manager

Postby Wayne » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:23 am

In recognition of her 50th birthday, FNAC will be releasing an exclusive white vinyl edition of "D'Eux" on March 30th!

Wayne
Administrator

Postby Wayne » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:05 pm

Artists shout out the women that inspire them the most for International Women’s Day

Pixie Lott: “Celine Dion, because I saw her perform recently when she came to the O2. She was just amazing, she’s been performing and singing for years and years and her voice is still the best voice ever. She sings every high note, she’s just an amazing vocalist night after night. After like 14 years in Vegas, night after night, all the stuff that she’s been through and getting out there and performing, I think she’s very inspiring.”

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/music/artists-s ... RJW6sSO.99
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Wayne » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:08 pm

30 Days of Céline Dion: Beauty and the Beast takes home a Grammy

There was no looking back after this big international breakthrough

Quebec singer, businesswoman and all-around icon Céline Dion is turning 50 on March 30, 2018. Every day for the month leading up to this milestone, the Montreal Gazette is revisiting a memorable moment from her career. Today is Day 8 of 30 Days of Céline. Check back in tomorrow for another update.

"Tale as old as time
True as it can be
Barely sung English
Then she wins
A Grammy"

That, basically, is the opening to Céline Dion’s duet with Peabo Bryson, Beauty and the Beast, and the story of her first Grammy. If you prefer your news in a less lyrical format, do read on.

Flash back to 1992. It was a weird time. Neon colours were considered stylish. At one point that year, I’m Too Sexy by Right Said Fred topped the charts.

At the time, Céline Dion’s English-language career was just getting started and had yet to produce a major international hit.

Enter Beauty and the Beast from Disney’s film of the same name. It had all the bells and whistles one expects from an early-’90s period, which is to say it had lots of bells. Musically, it’s most likely one of the top-100 songs of Céline Dion’s career.

But the Recording Academy loved it. Dion received her first three Grammy nominations in 1992: two for the duet and a further one for her eponymous album, which deployed Beauty and the Beast as the lead single.

Beauty and the Beast won in the category of Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal.

Since 1992, Dion has taken her Grammy tally to five wins and 16 nominations.

Such a timeless hit - see Celine in a rare performance there, performing the whole song solo!
Wayne
Administrator

Postby RayRay » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:20 pm

^ Thanks for posting. Never knew she has done a solo version.
RayRay
Legend

Postby Wayne » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:47 am

Billboard wrote:As She Continues Her Fight With Lyme Disease, Singer-Songwriter Marina Morgan Is Ready to Complicate Her Survivor Narrative

With a voice that is undeniably full-bodied, Morgan enunciates her words clearly and emphatically in a way that draws her somewhere between pop and Broadway. And while the theatrical touch may not be intentional, it makes sense -- as she cites Celine Dion as one of her idols, and Bruno Mars as a dream collaboration.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... me-disease
Wayne
Administrator

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:43 pm

The 30 Days of celebration is so wonderful !
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★2Osc+  10Gram+  5Em+  Tony 
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★Biggest Box office Actress
★Only Artist No.1 in 7 Decades
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby Iiketheair » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:11 pm

Iiketheair
Roadie

Postby Wayne » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:51 pm

30 Days of Céline Dion: Joking around with Hugh Grant

This is when the world started learning about Céline Dion's sense of humour.

Quebec singer, businesswoman and all-around icon Céline Dion is turning 50 on March 30, 2018. Every day for the month leading up to this milestone, the Montreal Gazette is revisiting a memorable moment from her career. Today is Day 9 of 30 Days of Céline. Check back in tomorrow for another update.

Hard as it may now be to believe, there was once a time when Céline Dion was not known for her sense of humour.

That dark period in human history is most commonly known as the late 20th century, and Dion was known for little more than her music.

Then came a new millennium, and the world learned that Céline Dion is wonderfully goofy. One might say a new day had come.

Case in point: Her 2002 appearance on Jay Leno’s Tonight Show.

Hugh Grant was the other guest that night, and Dion basically wrested control of the show away from Leno to ask Grant some questions. Highlights include her making Grant recite a line from Mickey Blue Eyes and volunteering the services of her husband, René Angélil, to play the part of a mafia member in a movie because he “talks exactly like that.”

A few minutes later, when Leno managed to reclaim control of his show, Dion also tried to do some heavy metal singing.

Céline-ologists have spent the last couple years rightly noting that she is “coming out of her shell.” The process has definitely accelerated of late, but the 2002 clip from The Tonight Show is a reminder that Céline Dion has slowly been revealing herself to be delightful and silly for decades now.

We are all better off because of it.

http://montrealgazette.com/entertainmen ... eline-dion
Wayne
Administrator

Postby CSCfan » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:02 pm

She forgot to take her ADHD pill that morning...... :lol:
-Mathias

For the latest Céline Dion news:
LIKE this FB page and FOLLOW this Twitter!
Shania Twain - NOW | Sep 29
The Corrs - JUPITER CALLING | Nov 10
CSCfan
Manager

Postby Christinamuse » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:05 am

New Celine's wax figure in Prague. Looks really similar. Probably I have to go to Prague at least somehow make a selfie with my favorite singer :D
https://www.last.fm/user/Christinamuse
https://www.instagram.com/christinasinglove/

Music creates the feelings which you can't find in life
Christinamuse
Manager

Postby Wayne » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:45 am

^ OMG. :o :lol:

It's actually amazing.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Wayne » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:54 am

Sevana Siren Wants You to Shut Up and Make the Planet Better in "Justice"

The Jamaican reggae singer is making soulful jams inspired by Céline Dion and the fight to protect the environment from climate change.

She cites Beres Hammond as a source of inspiration and in the past has cited the likes of Amy Winehouse, Coldplay, Bob Marley, Erykah Badu, Lauryn Hill, Ray Charles, Otis Redding and Prince, however, the artist whose had the biggest impact on her was Celine Dion.

“She definitely left an impression on me. Me hearing her sing as a little girl, I was mind blown every single time. I was inspired to be like I need to sing like that. I feel like I can sing like that. I’m Céline Dion. I’m her niece. I can do what she does. I learned all of her songs and I was just always singing around the house”, she mentions between laughs.

Remember that breakfast where Sevana’s family discovered her talent? She happened to be singing Dion’s ‘A New Day Has Come’. And just as Dion laments about perseverance and fearlessly running towards fate, so the artist knew her destiny involved using her voice as an instrument of awareness. Since Rising Stars, she’s been able to do just that through her collections of singles that she’s released and features that she’s been on, as well as through her 2016 self-titled EP, Sevana.

https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/b ... in-justice
International legendary queen. :cry:
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Wayne » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:28 pm

30 Days of Céline Dion: Immortalized in wax

Quebec singer, businesswoman and all-around icon Céline Dion is turning 50 on March 30, 2018. Every day for the month leading up to this milestone, the Montreal Gazette is revisiting a memorable moment from her career. Today is Day 10 of 30 Days of Céline. Check back tomorrow for another update.

A waxwork museum is just a hall of fame with more interesting displays.

It therefore stands to reason that any waxwork museum or hall of fame in Quebec would feature Céline Dion.

To wit: Dion and her husband, René Angélil, were obviously part of the Grévin Montréal collection when the museum opened in 2013.

In a pre-recorded video statement for the occasion, Dion said, “We are now part of the large Grévin family that has decided to export its expertise and know-how to Quebec.”

Her waxwork figured front and centre during the museum’s opening ceremony.

This was not Dion’s first foray into the world of waxwork. She had previously visited Paris to unveil her and Angélil’s likenesses at Grévin’s mother ship.

Posing next to the sculptures, Dion told the Parisian crowd, “I thank you for taking the time to celebrate the most precious thing that we have: our love.”

http://montrealgazette.com/entertainmen ... ine-dion-2
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Wayne » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:44 am

30 Days of Céline Dion: An epochal Met Gala debut

This is Céline Dion at her most iconic, and that's saying something

Quebec singer, businesswoman and all-around icon Céline Dion is turning 50 on March 30, 2018. Every day for the month leading up to this milestone, the Montreal Gazette is revisiting a memorable moment from her career. Today is Day 11 of 30 Days of Céline. Check back in tomorrow for another update.

Human history, as we all know, is divided into two main periods: The years before Céline Dion first attended the Met Gala and those that came afterward.

While Dion exists in the public imagination as the kind of celebrity who would logically be a Met Gala staple, she only made her debut at the annual event in 2017.

She proved to be a natural.

In point of fact, Dion approached the 2017 Met Gala like she was unleashing decades of pent-up energy. She sang a version of Queen’s Under Pressure while getting made up (it’s better than the original, don’t @ me). She serenaded security guards while wandering through the Met, thereby producing the best instalment in the Night at the Museum franchise. Like a true Met Gala veteran, she struck all manner of poses on the red carpet while barely paying lip service to the event’s theme for the year.

For good measure, Dion stopped at a food cart for a hot dog after the gala while still all dressed up. What an icon!

What a night - one of her biggest pop culture moments of 2017, she upstaged every single other person that was present that night.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby CSCfan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:53 am

Wayne wrote:
What a night - one of her biggest pop culture moments of 2017, she upstaged every single other person that was present that night.
All thanks to a hotdog! :lol:
-Mathias

CSCfan
Manager

Postby Wayne » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:19 pm

30 Days of Céline Dion: A lifetime of cystic fibrosis advocacy

Raising awareness and funds for medical research concerning cystic fibrosis has been one of the few constants in Céline Dion's decades in the spotlight

Quebec singer, businesswoman and all-around icon Céline Dion is turning 50 on March 30, 2018. Every day for the month leading up to this milestone, the Montreal Gazette is revisiting a memorable moment from her career. Today is Day 12 of 30 Days of Céline. Check back in tomorrow for another update.

In 1985, Céline Dion led a cystic fibrosis walkathon with her eight-year-old niece Karine Ménard, who had the genetic disorder.

Ménard died of cystic fibrosis at the age of 16.

Dion remained involved in the fight against cystic fibrosis, and has served as Cystic Fibrosis Canada’s Celebrity Patron.

Indeed, raising funds and awareness to combat cystic fibrosis has been one of the few constants across a life in the spotlight that has spanned decades and crossed linguistic and national borders.

In 2013, the “Adding Tomorrows with Celine Dion” gala reported that it had raised more than $1 million for medical research.

http://montrealgazette.com/entertainmen ... s-advocacy

Proud of everything that she has done to raise awareness of Cystic Fibrosis - that performance above was on the Oprah show, in front of her family and more specifically Karine's mum (Karine was Celine's niece, who died in Celine's arms as a result of Cystic Fibrosis).
Wayne
Administrator

Postby AlmondBreeze » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:16 pm

Christinamuse wrote:
Benjamin wrote:Randomly heard ‘Think Twice’ the other day. What an amazing song. Might be my Céline fave. Such a powerful song.
yes, incredible song. And this is my most favorite live performance. She sounds amazing and look fabulous!)

Wow - hadn't seen this before. FLAWLESS. Her laser precision melisma/"trembling vocals" and inflections and clarity/resonance was just beyond. This was the beginning of the Ultra-Prime Celine era.
AlmondBreeze
Manager

Postby menime123 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:04 pm

AlmondBreeze wrote:
Christinamuse wrote:
Benjamin wrote:Randomly heard ‘Think Twice’ the other day. What an amazing song. Might be my Céline fave. Such a powerful song.
yes, incredible song. And this is my most favorite live performance. She sounds amazing and look fabulous!)

Wow - hadn't seen this before. FLAWLESS. Her laser precision melisma/"trembling vocals" and inflections and clarity/resonance was just beyond. This was the beginning of the Ultra-Prime Celine era.
Flawless vocal but tragically 90s :lol:

Do we know why it under so much in the US? It must surely be her biggest UK hit after Titanic.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby RayRay » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:50 pm

I guess it didn't get much airplay in the US. After The Power Of Love was a #1 hit, they went for Misled, which didn't do that well. In the US the momentum was over and the next single (Think Twice) didn't get the recognition it deserved.

In Europe it took a long time to become a hit. It was first released in 1994 and nothing happened here either. But if I remember correctly UK radio started playing Think Twice in early 1995 when she came over for a concert. When it started to go up the charts in the UK, other countries in Europe started to play the song on the radio as well.
Last edited by RayRay on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RayRay
Legend

Postby CSCfan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:13 pm

RayRay wrote:In Europe it took a long time to become a hit. It was first released in 1994 and nothing happened here either. But if I remember correctly UK radio started playing Think Twice in early 2015 when she came over for a concert.
Wow, that's definately a long time! :o :lol:
-Mathias

CSCfan
Manager

Postby RayRay » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:50 pm

^ Corrected now.
RayRay
Legend

Postby Wayne » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:16 pm

30 Days of Céline Dion: A collection of musical impersonations

Quebec singer, businesswoman and all-around icon Céline Dion is turning 50 on March 30, 2018. Every day for the month leading up to this milestone, the Montreal Gazette is revisiting a memorable moment from her career. Today is Day 13 of 30 Days of Céline. Check back in tomorrow for another update.

Having long ago mastered the art of singing in her own voice, Céline Dion demonstrated in 2016 that she could also sing in the voices of other celebrities.

The results were generally impressive.

Fair warning: This video contains noticeable amounts of that ingratiating font of human neediness, Jimmy Fallon. Sorry.

Dion will not be mistaken for Rihanna any time soon, but she does a decent Cher impersonation and a rather excellent Sia.

Consider this further proof that Céline Dion is an underrated comedic guest on late-night talk shows.

Personally hated it - thought she did crap. :lol: However, the video has over 31 million views and a 96.6% thumbs up rating - so I can live with it.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Wayne » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:18 pm

30 Days of Céline Dion: The relatable ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In that moment, Céline Dion was all of us

Quebec singer, businesswoman and all-around icon Céline Dion is turning 50 on March 30, 2018. Every day for the month leading up to this milestone, the Montreal Gazette is revisiting a memorable moment from her career. Today is Day 14 of 30 Days of Céline. Check back in tomorrow for another update.

Celebrities, they’re just like us — or at least they almost are.

Exhibit A: Faced with a couple people getting engaged right in front of her in 2017, she was unable to retain any semblance of poise.

First, as the man got down on one knee, genuine surprise flashed across Dion’s face and she clasped her hands in the *hands closed* position. Then, as the couple kissed, she incarnated the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ symbol.

In that moment, Céline Dion was all of us.

Mind you, couples do not tend to get engaged during meet-and-greets with random strangers. In that respect, Céline Dion is not like the rest of us.

Indeed, after accepting Nick Janevski’s proposal, Austin McMillan posted on Instagram that Dion was “about the only person i wouldn’t mind photobombing the pictures of our proposal.”

Judging by the couple’s more recent Instagram posts, they are now married.

http://montrealgazette.com/entertainmen ... 84_-%C2%AF

Love her.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby menime123 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:44 pm

Amazing pictures to have in your home for the rest of your life though :lol:

Did Celine say anything about them when she did the show?
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion