Céline Dion

Moderators: tdc2000, stevyy, Benjamin

Which THREE singles released in October are your favourites?

Love Can Move Mountains (19th October 1992)
13%
Only One Road (24th October 1994)
7%
Next Plane Out (16th October 1995)
8%
To Love You More (21st October 1995)
21%
All By Myself (07th October 1996)
18%
Tell Him (31st October 1997)
15%
Faith (27th October 2003)
3%
Tout l'or des hommes (06th October 2003)
6%
Beautiful Boy (11th October 2004)
1%
Miracle (11th October 2004)
1%
Je lui dirai (11th October 2004)
1%
Je ne vous oublie pas (10th October 2005)
2%
L'etoile (11th October 2016)
3%
Si c'était à refaire (14th October 2016)
No votes

Total votes : 95

Postby CSCfan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:09 am

Céline took part in a special Leonard Cohen tribute song, "Tower of Song".

Watch a small clip of her singing during the song here
-Mathias

For the latest Céline Dion news:
LIKE this FB page and FOLLOW this Twitter!
Shania Twain - NOW | Sep 29
The Corrs - JUPITER CALLING | Nov 10
CSCfan
Personal Assistant

Postby Wayne » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:44 pm

^ OMG, love what I hear!

That small sound is what I’d love on a new album - will we get to hear the whole thing?
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Wayne » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:06 pm

10 years of Taking Chances!

Today, we celebrate the 10 year anniversary of Taking Chances!

After having had a 2 year gap from music (3 years if you discount Miracle, which was a concept album), Celine returned with a BANG in 2007 with Taking Chances - an album touted as her most experimental anglophone release yet! The album was a success, selling more than 3.5 million copies worldwide and reaching the top 10 in 24 countries! The accompanying world tour, her first since 1999, was a resounding success; she would play to 2.5 million people and she would gross $279.2 million - a sum of money that at that point was the 2nd highest of any solo artist of all-time.
SLAYline really delivered with Taking Chances - I like it so much more in retrospect than I did at the time, I think it's aged wonderfully.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby exfactor003 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:15 pm

OMG, I love Tower of Song. :D so that’s what she was recording in her recent IG pics, based on the outfit.
exfactor003
Groupie

Postby Critiaslux » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:47 pm

http://www.billboard.com/articles/events/amas/8023190/celine-dion-best-american-music-awards-performances-no-10-tribute-paris-terror-attacks?utm_source=twitter

Best American Music Awards Performances No. 10: Celine Dion Pays Tribute to Paris Attack Victims at the 2015 AMAs
11/6/2017 by Caitlin Kelley

Celine Dion performs onstage during the 2015 American Music Awards at Microsoft Theater on Nov. 22, 2015 in Los Angeles.

In honor of the 2017 American Music Awards, Billboard is counting down the best performances from the awards show’s history. Here is No. 10.

The world was still reeling from the terrorist attacks that had taken the lives of 130 people across six different target locations throughout Paris. But these attacks hit closer to home for the American music industry as 89 lives were lost in a mass shooting at Le Bataclan during a show by American rockers Eagles of Death Metal.

So, it was only fitting for Celine Dion, the foremost French-language chanteuse in America, to take on the responsibility of honoring the lives lost with a musical tribute at the 2015 American Music Awards. The Quebecois native -- who made her name as a teen star in the French-speaking world -- sang Edith Piaf’s “Hymne à L'Amour” in French.

Just as the Eiffel Tower went dark to mourn Paris, so too did the stage of the AMAs 10 days after the Nov. 13 tragedy. The minimalist stage was characterized by black outfits and low lighting as images of Parisian landmarks were projected on a big screen.

Dion’s powerhouse voice deviated from Piaf’s precise vibrato while easing into the soaring vocal runs demanded of the song. Shots of tear-streaked faces in the crowd were interwoven into the emotionally charged production, aided by an orchestra. There were parts where the veteran songstress went off-key, but that contributed to the emotional intensity of the moment.

However, the superstar’s presence didn’t distract from the gravity of the moment -- at one point, Dion turned back at the screen to take in the images of Paris along with the audience. Then she closed out the performance with a sustained note filled with the kind of intensity that was only appropriate for the evening.

Watch the full performance below.
Critiaslux
Roadie

Postby Iiketheair » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:38 pm

Céline made a surprise appearance at OMNIA club last night and performed MHWGO remix with Steve Aoki. The event was to raise money for shooting victims of Las Vegas massacre.

Video
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbOkcNLDGaD/

I love her :lol:
Last edited by Iiketheair on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iiketheair
Roadie

Postby pat200 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:02 pm

any idea when the whole version of the leonard cohen tribute song will be out?
pat200
Personal Assistant

Postby Wayne » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:11 pm

I. LOVE. HER. SO. MUCH.

:cry:

She is incredible.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Wayne » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:53 pm

Wayne
Administrator

Postby Iiketheair » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:08 pm

pat200 wrote:any idea when the whole version of the leonard cohen tribute song will be out?
She only sings a part of the song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id8z2xukL_w
Iiketheair
Roadie

Postby pat200 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:15 pm

Iiketheair wrote:
pat200 wrote:any idea when the whole version of the leonard cohen tribute song will be out?
She only sings a part of the song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id8z2xukL_w
thx! yeah i knew she only did a part. i wanted to see how the whole song with the others came out :)
pat200
Personal Assistant

Postby Wayne » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:56 pm

Last night with Steve Aoki! 8-)
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Wayne » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:58 pm

Wayne
Administrator

Postby Iiketheair » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:50 pm

The blue dress is gone.
Iiketheair
Roadie

Postby CSCfan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:53 pm

Iiketheair wrote:The blue dress is gone.
FINALLY!

This one has to grow up on me, but I like it..
-Mathias

CSCfan
Personal Assistant

Postby Iiketheair » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:58 pm

CSCfan wrote:
Iiketheair wrote:FINALLY!

This one has to grow up on me, but I like it..
I like it too, she looks stunning. But I saw a video and she can't move like she does with the blue dress. I'm not sure if she will keep it.
Iiketheair
Roadie

Postby Christinamuse » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:49 am

Wayne wrote:I. LOVE. HER. SO. MUCH.

:cry:

She is incredible.
Tbh, Celine has made me laugh with this new MHWGO remix :D
Those lip syncing, strange and inappropriate remix insertion. It looks so rediculous) I can't understand what I've just watched)
https://www.smule.com/ChristinaNaumo1

https://www.instagram.com/christinasinglove/

Music creates the feelings which you can't find in life
Christinamuse
Manager

Postby Wayne » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:42 pm

Celine Dion’s dominant Colosseum show is not letting up

When Celine Dion performs her peerlessly successful show at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace, she spends a lot of time standing at the very edge of the stage. That’s a little bit unusual. Her colleagues in the world of Las Vegas Strip resident headliners generally spend more time dancing around, or in Elton John’s case, seated at the piano. Dion dances a bit, but mostly sings, of course, and after 11 years’ worth of shows, she’s still inching closer to the edge of the stage, reaching out to connect with her audience as deeply as she possibly can.

I caught show 1,062 on Tuesday night, November 7, the night Dion sauntered over to Omnia Nightclub after her show to sing “My Heart Will Go On” during Las Vegas resident DJ Steve Aoki’s set as part of a benefit that raised more than $1 million for the Las Vegas Victims Fund.

Early in her Colosseum show, when she was almost done with the 1996 hit “Because You Loved Me,” she stopped the song to acknowledge a middle-aged couple that had been slow-dancing in the aisles. She called them closer, found out they were celebrating their 25th anniversary, and tried to stop the wife from bawling like a star-struck teenager:“Don’t cry. It took you hours to put yourself together!” It was the kind of memorable moment that creates warm, sentimental feelings among fans or causes cynics to question whether the people were planted in the audience for maximum effect.

But Dion’s performance is so open, earnest and vulnerable, such skepticism is out of place. At 49, the Canadian icon’s voice sounds exactly the same as it did in 1990, which you can tell when she sings “Where Dows My Heart Beat Now” early in the show, one of her earliest English-language hits that was released that year. She effortlessly produces an arena full of goose bumps with big ballads like “The Power of Love” and “All By Myself,” and deftly turns the 4,000-plus capacity theater into an intimate lounge for a quick set of jazz tunes, and later, a warm, acoustic medley. She talks, a lot, and talks about how she talks a lot, and the audience eats up every word. And she’s really funny, too.

That theme from “Titanic”—which earned Dion additional rave reviews when she performed it at the Billboard Music Awards at T-Mobile Arena in the spring to celebrate the film’s 20th anniversary—still closes the show, but the powerhouse run of songs leading up to the finale might be the current highlight. She dons a sexy, spiky, shimmery short dress, pays homage to Prince with “Kiss” and “Purple Rain,” moves into “Love Can Move Mountains” and a fantastic cover of “River Deep Mountain High,” the wraps it up with a high-energy take on Queen’s “The Show Must Go On,” a song she’s favored since husband and manager René Angélil passed away last year.

Dion’s dual residencies at the Colosseum (“A New Day” began in 2003 and “Celine” in 2011) easily place her in the upper echelon of all-time great Vegas stars, and her show has clearly changed the game on the Strip. She couldn’t have a greater impact on Las Vegas. But she’s still here, on the edge of the stage, giving everything she’s got.

Celine Dion’s next performances at Caesars Palace are set for 7:30 p.m. on November 14, 15, 17, 18, 21, 22, 24 and 25. For more information, visit thecolosseum.com.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2017/nov/1 ... lace-show/
8-)
Wayne
Administrator

Postby menime123 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:51 pm

As great as she is, I’d love her to wave goodbye to Vegas.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby QueenMadonna » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:27 pm

Wayne, If Celine to continue in Vegas she won't overtake Madonna's revenues in world tours like you said :lol:
QueenMadonna
Roadie

Postby jochen » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:05 pm

menime123 wrote:As great as she is, I’d love her to wave goodbye to Vegas.
Yes . Its soooo boring and old fashined.
I want her to rock the world again
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
jochen
Manager

Postby Christinamuse » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:57 am

Today I sang this fantastic and incredibly emotional song at work. And I couldn't realize it'd be so hard emotionally to sing this song. Hardly I finished my performance the tears were starting to fall down from my eyes.. I didn't want anybody see me crying, but I couldn't hold back the tears..
The words are so deep and emotional, I have no words to describe my feelings.

Christinamuse
Manager

Postby CSCfan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:04 am

Christinamuse wrote:Today I sang this fantastic and incredibly emotional song at work. And I couldn't realize it'd be so hard emotionally to sing this song. Hardly I finished my performance the tears were starting to fall down from my eyes.. I didn't want anybody see me crying, but I couldn't hold back the tears..
Awh... was there a special occasion?

This is up in my all time fav Céline songs....the music, the lyrics, the backing vocals (coughShaniacough), it's a masterpiece.
-Mathias

CSCfan
Personal Assistant

Postby dhenapie » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:04 pm

menime123 wrote:As great as she is, I’d love her to wave goodbye to Vegas.
I hate to agree with this. The first run was cute, but she's already passed on so many great opportunities outside Vegas. Guess we'll have to see what happens when her contract ends in 2019 (!!!). :x
We are never just good or just bad. We are mosaics of our worst selves and our best selves.
- Taylor Swift (reputation)
dhenapie
Manager

Postby Christinamuse » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:35 pm

CSCfan wrote:
Christinamuse wrote:Today I sang this fantastic and incredibly emotional song at work. And I couldn't realize it'd be so hard emotionally to sing this song. Hardly I finished my performance the tears were starting to fall down from my eyes.. I didn't want anybody see me crying, but I couldn't hold back the tears..
Awh... was there a special occasion?

This is up in my all time fav Céline songs....the music, the lyrics, the backing vocals (coughShaniacough), it's a masterpiece.
I work as a singer in Abu-Dhabi now. And at the first and the last sets I usually perform slow ballad songs and I constantly perform Celine's ballads. From what I performed before: If That's What It Takes, Immortality, I Love You, Just Walk Away, That's The Way It Is, Think Twice,MHWGO, To Love You More, Water From The Moon, Then You Look At Me, Next Plane Out, Dance With My Father, Somebody Love Somebody, Call The Man, Goodbye's The Saddest Word, I Know What Love Is, I Drove All Night, Dreaming Of You, It's Hard To Say Goodbye, I'm Alive, A New Day Has Come, Let Your Heart Decide, You And I, In His Touch. And it's not the end)
Actually I can say 'bout myself I'm an active Celine's propagandist :D

Christinamuse
Manager

Return to General Artists Discussion