Céline Dion

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

Postby sambo9 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:19 pm

04wayne wrote:I hope she goes for a Christmas release; bitch needs another 3m seller! :lol:
Even if she doesn't, I'm sure she's guaranteed at least 1.5-2 million.
sambo9
Legend

Postby Luminator » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:26 pm

sambo9 wrote:
04wayne wrote:I hope she goes for a Christmas release; bitch needs another 3m seller! :lol:
Even if she doesn't, I'm sure she's guaranteed at least 1.5-2 million.
Im really curious if she's alble to score antother platinum album in the states.
Luminator
Manager

Postby Wayne » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:36 pm

I see it like this:

USA - 500k
UK - 300-500k (the UK still LOVES her - 500k+ of My Love, 400k TC, 120k ATW + 60k A New Day DVD - since 2007)
Canada - 200-400k
Australia - 35k (maybe :-? )
Germany - 50k
France - 75-100k

= I think she'll get like you say a good 1.5m. I hope for 2m
Wayne
Administrator

Postby ranjeet » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:13 pm

04wayne wrote:The response to the Michael Jackson tribute last night at the Grammy's has been nothing short of phenomenal! Some Twitter updates regarding Celine's part:

From Twitter :

"Yes Celine!! Wow.... I miss REAL VOCALISTS like CELINE DION." - tttee82

"RIP Mike! Celine Dion is the bomb!!!!!!!!" - lexy53

"Watching the grammys, Does Celine Dion look good or what??? And shes how old!?! You go girl" - AuroraAcosta

"I'm not that big of a fan but Celine Dion but she looked really good tonight. Dang girl." - Melissma05

"Celine Dion voice is like butter!! I love it its so clear n smooth.." - iam_deon

"It's amazing how the real singers at the grammy's (celine dion, bocelli, bon jovi) don't suck live, unlike the most of the ones up there" - ristea

"I love Celine Dion...she can sing her #ss off!!!" - 5SIXinHEELS

"I miss MJ... I love Celine Dion, she is class personified! That's a true Diva, a commanding not demanding presence!" - thatsmoothguy
And talking of twitter, here's what Jordin Sparks tweeted last night:

"One day I'm going to have the vocal discipline of Celine Dion. She. Is. Phenomenal.

:D

Celine looks so classy, and SO gorgeous!
celine's dress is amazing :o

and she's dressed as a lady for a change too ! :lol:

Celine Dion = luckiest bitch amongst the three.

She's not lost her voice that much and it's observable(glaringly) that,as a huge selling artist becomes older,his/her demand as a touring artist increases.
Celine has the pipes to back it up and she's become one of the biggest draws for concert goers. 8-)
ranjeet
Personal Assistant

Postby Wayne » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:22 pm

Yes, of the three, I think her voice has matured the most, whilst remaining as true to its original sound as possible. She's stated on many occasions that her voice has changed, and sounds a bit different now - her belting has lost some of its power (which is to be expected) but somehow, her range seems to have increased :lol: Or rather, she's making use of registers now that she didn't back in the day.

One reason I've loved this decade of Celine is that she has used her voice differently; back in the 90's, everybody wanted the power notes all the time, hence the reason some of the media labelled her as a shouter. Nowadays, there's much more feeling, emotion, and a richer tone in her voice (bar the middle of her Vegas run, when she had SEVERE 'Vegas voice' - not a pleasant time to be listening to her in my opinion). But yes, Celine! :D
Wayne
Administrator

Postby sambo9 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:53 pm

When did she have "Vegas voice"?

I personally don't like how she sounded on the "A New Day..." DVD. She sounded nasal and as if she had a really bad cold. She had a really delicate tone in the 90s that was really pleasant to listen to, and whilst she is still a very impressive singer technically, the way she sounds now is quite a lot different in my opinion - it's almost as if her accent has completely changed.
sambo9
Legend

Postby Wayne » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:57 pm

Vegas voice refers to exactly what you said - the nasal sound that she developed after years in Vegas
Wayne
Administrator

Postby sambo9 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:02 pm

04wayne wrote:Vegas voice refers to exactly what you said - the nasal sound that she developed after years in Vegas
Thanks! I'm surprised they released the concert that they did. I've heard some audio from her earlier concerts, and also some later ones, where she sounded a hell of a lot better. The show where she has really short hair is probably the best one vocally. I also like the show near the release of "Taking Chances" where she sung the Elvis cover again - which was marvellous by the way.
sambo9
Legend

Postby JoshuaBuzz » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:09 pm

She needs Nicki Minaj and Luda on the remix if she wants to have another hit. :wink:
Hater-bitch, we're taking you to the left.
JoshuaBuzz
Legend

Postby sambo9 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:12 pm

JoshuaBuzz wrote:She needs Nicki Minaj and Luda on the remix if she wants to have another hit. :wink:
She really, really doesn't! Mariah's music taste has already been ruined in my opinion, let's try not to have a negative influence on Celine's whilst she's still giving her fanbase what they want.
sambo9
Legend

Postby snwbrder757 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:02 pm

I want another upbeat happy song like 'That's The Way It Is' released as a single.
snwbrder757
Manager

Postby sambo9 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:51 pm

^ Yeah, more Pop/uptempo tunes would be great!

When she goes back to Vegas I'd love her to jazz up the setlist a bit. She neglects quite a lot of her pre-"Falling Into You" material during the shows, and people are getting more and more aware of when she's lip-syncing to the more vocally challenging numbers. After A New Day... and the Taking Chances Tour, it'd be nice of her to perhaps omit at least one or two of the following: "The Power Of Love", "My Heart Will Go On", "It's All Coming Back To Me Now", "To Love You More", "River Deep, Mountain High" and "I Drove All Night". Whilst she still could probably give a good bash at all of these songs live, during an extensive tour, she would undoubtedly have to use pre-recorded support and I just think it's a shame when she has a three-decade-spanning career full of sparkling gems that have never seen the light of day on stage. I know those are the songs that everyone comes to see, but surely she must be bored of lip-syncing to the same "The Power Of Love" track every single night?
sambo9
Legend

Postby nekoocz » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:30 pm

I wonder if Celine makes a song with David Guetta ... I would NOT be surprised :lol:

but just imagine his beat and Celines voice :o
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby Wayne » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:12 pm

Celine has the pipes to do something like When Love Takes Over
Wayne
Administrator

Postby ranjeet » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:55 pm

04wayne wrote:Celine has the pipes to do something like When Love Takes Over
I hate that the 90s divas are following trends when back then,they were the ones setting them :-?

Love takes over is too damn basic for celine. :-?
ranjeet
Personal Assistant

Postby CSCfan » Thu May 13, 2010 11:58 am

From a press release on her official site:

Additional upcoming projects for America's favorite singer include recording a French album with all new material and an English Album which will include some brand new songs as well as classic movie songs that will be featured in the Las Vegas show. Exact release dates will be determined later this year. For project updates visit Celine's official website www.celinedion.com .
-Mathias

For the latest Céline Dion news:
LIKE this FB page and FOLLOW this Twitter!
Shania Twain - NOW | Sep 29
The Corrs - JUPITER CALLING | Nov 10
CSCfan
Manager

Postby Wayne » Thu May 13, 2010 12:01 pm

I LOVE the idea of a part-concept album, and not a totally brand new project. I think thats the smartest move, providing she promotes it, as it will support her Vegas show. I've always said she should attempt a concept album - ala what Rod Stewart does - and movie songs is perfect. OMG imagine if she re-did My Heart Will Go On! :o
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Tom92 » Thu May 13, 2010 12:05 pm

She could do with X Factor promo if she wants big UK album sales. She wont get a hit single here if 'Taking Chances' barely scraped the Top 40.
Tom92
Legend

Postby Wayne » Thu May 13, 2010 12:10 pm

^ She'll not score another hit single in any market, in my opinion, ever again.

But Taking Chances (the album) has so far sold 390,000 copies over the counter, and her most recent hits collection has sold over 650,000 copies. Added to which, her DVD sold 60,000 copies...my point is that she can score hit albums :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wayne
Administrator

Postby greek_boy » Thu May 13, 2010 1:34 pm

Tom92 wrote:She could do with X Factor promo if she wants big UK album sales. She wont get a hit single here if 'Taking Chances' barely scraped the Top 40.
Yeah she should do X Factor. 8-)

it would be an honour for the show to have a legend like her.
greek_boy
Legend

Postby MJH » Thu May 13, 2010 1:46 pm

It would be good for her to do X Factor again! Didn't they muck up the release of "Taking Chances" though and it came out a week after the album?
MJH
Manager

Postby Wayne » Thu May 13, 2010 3:17 pm

greek_boy wrote:
Tom92 wrote:She could do with X Factor promo if she wants big UK album sales. She wont get a hit single here if 'Taking Chances' barely scraped the Top 40.
Yeah she should do X Factor. 8-)

it would be an honour for the show to have a legend like her.
They've had her before, for movie week. But I think they should invite her back, and center a week around her - her career of hits is more than ample to carry a show like this.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Brad » Thu May 13, 2010 6:02 pm

Celine and David Guetta. I don't know whether it will be hilarious or good. It's about time she had a hand in the writing/production process of her music rather than just doing vocals and having the cover photoshoot. She has it easy compared to other artists who do everything themselves.
Brad
Winter Is Coming

Postby Wayne » Thu May 13, 2010 6:10 pm

RightToDream wrote:Celine and David Guetta. I don't know whether it will be hilarious or good. It's about time she had a hand in the writing/production process of her music rather than just doing vocals and having the cover photoshoot. She has it easy compared to other artists who do everything themselves.
Has it easy? :o Hardly.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby lambforever » Thu May 13, 2010 6:14 pm

i hope this does not come out this summer unless she does more pop uptempo but even if she does it like that i think it would do better with a fall release and i am kind of curious about what she is doing and where she is going with this album...
lambforever
Manager

Return to General Artists Discussion