Céline Dion

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

Postby RayRay » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:26 pm

dhenapie wrote:^ Great review. Tho I felt offended how he described Love Doesn't Ask Why as just "gospel tinged." I felt offended tbh.
:o

I saw it as a huge compliment.
Last edited by RayRay on Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RayRay
Legend

Postby Wayne » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:31 pm

I think dhenapie was talking facetiously RayRay - as in the song wasn't gospel "tinged", it was full on gospel greatness. :lol:
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Angeman » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:27 pm

So I finally like every song on her Xmas album. I used to only like Oh Holy Night, Magic of Christmas Day, and the Prayer. Something just clicked with me on the rest of the songs. Ok i still skip Feliz Navidad but thats at the end so it doesnt matter.
Angeman
Groupie

Postby dhenapie » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:47 pm

Wayne wrote:I think dhenapie was talking facetiously RayRay - as in the song wasn't gospel "tinged", it was full on gospel greatness. :lol:
I was actually looking for his review of LDAW. And when I read the title of the song, he just described it as gospel tinged. And I was like, okay, so that's it? :lol:

Forgive me. I'm such a LDAW stan I could write an entire essay about it. :cry: :lol:
♕♕♕
dhenapie
Manager

Postby Iiketheair » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:52 pm

#my2018onspotify

Iiketheair
Roadie

Postby CSCfan » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:14 pm

Iiketheair wrote:#my2018onspotify

Omg....

LOL
-Mathias

For the latest Céline Dion news:
LIKE this FB page and FOLLOW this Twitter!
Shania Twain - NOW | Sep 29
The Corrs - JUPITER CALLING | Nov 10
CSCfan
Manager

Postby Iiketheair » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:33 pm

You beat me for 1 hour :lol:
Iiketheair
Roadie

Postby dhenapie » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:06 pm

New photo from a new interview.

She looks REGAL :cry:
♕♕♕
dhenapie
Manager

Postby RayRay » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:46 pm

Despite having no new album out, Celine Dion was still my 8th most played artist this year according to my last.fm account.
RayRay
Legend

Postby Lioha » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:59 pm

RayRay wrote:Despite having no new album out, Celine Dion was still my 8th most played artist this year according to my last.fm account.
same here :D
8 Céline Dion 538
Lioha
Manager

Postby Wayne » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:04 pm

One of my favourite moments of 2016 - SO emotional and what a controlled vocal.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby RayRay » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:19 pm

Lioha wrote:
RayRay wrote:Despite having no new album out, Celine Dion was still my 8th most played artist this year according to my last.fm account.
8 Céline Dion 538
Almost the same for me:

8 Céline Dion 536
RayRay
Legend

Postby dhenapie » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:57 pm

I don't think I've seen this promo poster for Falling into You (Tour?) before.

What Celine was from 1996-1999 was what MJ/Madonna/Prince were in the 80's. She was selling CD's, tapes, and concert tix in like every corner of the planet. :cry:
♕♕♕
dhenapie
Manager

Postby Iiketheair » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:55 am

A certified classic :cry:
Iiketheair
Roadie

Postby heartlocked » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:40 am

Lioha wrote:
8 Céline Dion 538
Celine is always my #2 after Mariah. Basically, I just listen to the 2 of them and nothing else :D
M A R I A H
heartlocked
Manager

Postby GaGarazzi » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:31 am

6th most played artist for me with 755 plays. So ready for new Céline!
GaGarazzi
Manager

Postby dhenapie » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:31 pm

New photos :o :o :o

♕♕♕
dhenapie
Manager

Postby Iiketheair » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:54 pm

She looks great. What can be? album? random photoshoot?
Iiketheair
Roadie

Postby RayRay » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:49 pm

heartlocked wrote:
Lioha wrote:
8 Céline Dion 538
Celine is always my #2 after Mariah. Basically, I just listen to the 2 of them and nothing else :D
I love to listen to lots of different artists.
But ever since last.fm started scrobbling my playlists three years ago, my most played artists are:
1. Mariah Carey
2. Madonna
3. Céline Dion
4. Lara Fabian
RayRay
Legend

Postby Christinamuse » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:59 pm

Was a bit funny to see Andrey Gubin in my top last.fm four for this year :D 5th and 6th got to Leann Rimes and Paloma Faith.
But I think Andrey is a good as a human being, that's why I listened a lot from him and he had a lot of great pop songs)
Celine is always number one artist for every year)
https://www.last.fm/user/Christinamuse
https://www.instagram.com/christinasinglove/

Music creates the feelings which you can't find in life
Christinamuse
Manager

Postby Wayne » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:53 pm

One of her most underrated songs, a spectacular vocal performance.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby Wayne » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:05 am

Celine featured on a program last night on CBC called From The Vaults - waiting for the very rare video to be shared!

"'She's just Céline. She doesn't even need a surname.'

In 1983, teenage chanteuse Céline Dion was already famous in France, and in her home province of Quebec, but she had yet to break into English Canada or become the international sensation we know and love today. CBC producer Cynthia Grech-Kirkbride, who produced Céline's first English-language TV appearance, likened hearing her sing for the first time to "the Gold Rush"

"And the most famous product of this system is none other than the diva herself, Céline Dion. In 1983, the teenage chanteuse was already famous in France and in her home province of Quebec, but she had yet to break into English Canada or become the international sensation we know and love today.

CBC Producer Cynthia Grech-Kirkbride likens hearing Céline sing for the first time to "the Gold Rush" and immediately booked the young singer for the upcoming Canadian talent showcase, Sounds Great. The special aired live from Epcot Center in Disney World in 1983 and as seen in the clip above, it featured some very special guests; a young Jim Carrey and of course, teenage Céline singing the song her mother wrote her in French, on an English special.

Grech-Kirkbride recalls that bringing Céline onto the show was strategic. While she wasn't sure how English Canada would respond to the French content, she knew that the singer's immense talent would help create a lasting impression of Canadian talent on an international stage, "It's a wonderful feeling to think that it may have just done one little thing to get her out there."

CBC SRC TV & Radio Host Rebecca Makonnen believes this concept of getting talent "out there" is exactly what the star machine entails; it's essential for singer-songwriters to get their name out there by being a guest on every show possible — including shows like Sounds Great. She also recognizes that Céline's success helped fuel the province's star system itself: "She thrived because of that star system but then, in turn, it thrived because of her."

Eight years after that TV special, Céline won Female Artist of the Year at the 1991 Junos. Withinshaw says that the vocalist's acceptance speech serves as "the blueprint for any internationally successful Quebec artists on how to win an award and stay true to your roots" because Céline accepted her award in English, but then turned to camera and thanked her home province in French."

https://www.cbc.ca/television/fromtheva ... -1.4942528

https://www.cbc.ca/television/fromtheva ... -1.4899448
Wayne
Administrator

Postby dhenapie » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:34 pm

She's working with David Foster again.

They made magic together in the 90's. Not sure how David's current (or would it sound current at all LOL) sound would do for her, tho. But I'm excited to hear it.
♕♕♕
dhenapie
Manager

Postby CSCfan » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:15 am

It's unsure if she actually is working with him on new music. She definately recorded an interview for a new documentary that is being made about him. Besides Céline, the interviewer also did interviews with Buble, Peter Cetera and David's daughters..
-Mathias

For the latest Céline Dion news:
LIKE this FB page and FOLLOW this Twitter!
Shania Twain - NOW | Sep 29
The Corrs - JUPITER CALLING | Nov 10
CSCfan
Manager

Postby Christinamuse » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:38 pm

Wayne wrote:One of her most underrated songs, a spectacular vocal performance.
Wonderful song! Also criminally underrated song which I emmensely adore You And I, so pitty there's not much video of this performance, just the one I don't really like, Celine wasn't in her best.
https://www.last.fm/user/Christinamuse
https://www.instagram.com/christinasinglove/

Music creates the feelings which you can't find in life
Christinamuse
Manager

Return to General Artists Discussion