Jennifer Hudson

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

Postby Dru4life » Mon May 17, 2010 6:28 pm

"Hudson denies album flop rumours

Rex Features

A spokesperson has denied rumours that Jennifer Hudson has been forced to re-record her upcoming album after it received negative feedback from label bosses.

The singer and actress recently played new material for her sophomore LP to executives at her label EMI, but was reportedly told to record more songs after her work was met with a poor reception.

The representative told the New York Daily News: "We've received terrific feedback on the material. [Hudson is only] in the beginning stages [of recording the album]."

Hudson's as-yet-untitled LP is due for release this September."

I don't think it's true tbh! But If it is then good thinking!
"I can feel it when your holding me close

You're like your one of the world wonders

I know I’m going under..."
Dru4life
Superstar

Postby SOS7 » Mon May 17, 2010 6:32 pm

^ She isn't signed to EMI.
SOS7
Superstar

Postby Ska8er » Mon May 17, 2010 6:37 pm

SOS7 wrote:^ She isn't signed to EMI.
:lol:
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby sat » Tue May 18, 2010 2:19 pm

They said that about the first album too, sayin she had 2 scrap a whole bunch of "Broadway songs and showtunes" lmao...think its the same kind of BS...hope she hasn't scrapped the Rich Harrison/Ryan Tedder stuff..cus that would be epic!
sat
Personal Assistant

Postby Dru4life » Tue May 18, 2010 2:27 pm

Ska8er wrote:
SOS7 wrote:^ She isn't signed to EMI.
:lol:
Well there we go then :lol: never trust a blog no matter how big it is! 8-)

Dru4life
Superstar

Postby tada » Tue May 18, 2010 3:33 pm

definitely, what the hell? total bullshit
tada
Legend

Postby Dru4life » Tue May 18, 2010 3:43 pm

The same blogg has a load more crap up today about her saying She was told to stick to her urban sound as her euro dance songs failed :lol:

#SayWhatNow? When did Jennifer made Euro Dance?! Toya needs to take a long nap! :-?

Dru4life
Superstar

Postby UKMusicLova » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:18 am

Missy Elliott wrote:Going back to finishing this J Hud joint love yall! Muah!
about 5 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
:D :D :D
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby Tom92 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:07 pm

I don't really like her music, but I LOVE Jennifer as a person :)
Tom92
Legend

Postby UKMusicLova » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:00 pm

I just watched her Oprah interview and it was really emotional hearing about the tragedy that happened to her family - especially when her sister was talking about thinking that Jennifer would hate her because she married the murderer :(

Glad they've got such a strong bond as sisters!

Listening to 'You Pulled Me Through' loads now
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby Brad » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:53 pm

Jennifer has an amazing voice and so much potential but most of her music isn't good. :-?
Brad
Winter Is Coming

Postby nekoocz » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:06 pm

RightToDream wrote:Jennifer has an amazing voice and so much potential but most of her music isn't good. :-?
funny I was about to post something similar. I love few of her songs, but she is stuck in the same balad sound.
I also noticed she is really good performer on stage, this girl can dance too.
Hopefully the new album will be more pop.
nekoocz
Legend

Postby GoodBoyGoneBad » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:30 pm

Can't wait for her new album, she needs to hire a better manager though.
GoodBoyGoneBad
Louise Oriole

Postby TIfan » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:36 pm

I agree with what some people are saying. Vocally, she had a huge impact during the Dreamgirls era and has one of the most powerful voices ever but, musically she needs to understand what music is. Her music is not good imo.

Take Aretha Franklin and Donna Summer for example. Both ladies had unmatched voices but musically they changed the industry. Musically, no solo soul singer was in Aretha's lane during her prime and no Pop/Dance singer was in Donna's lane during their reigning years.

The best song I've heard from Jennifer is "One Night Only" which is on the Dreamgirls soundtrack. I want to see her have plenty of success so I'm hoping.
TIfan
Legend

Postby Carbon » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:14 pm

Your top 10 most played songs by Jennifer Hudson

come fans, participate, check your last.fm/itunes/etc. playcounts and gimme the top 10!
Carbon
Legend

Postby RayRay » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:53 pm

I LOVE her new video and song!!!!
RayRay
Legend

Postby ludichris » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:02 pm

Jennifer Hudson Signs With Epic Records

Just days after bringing down the house at the BET Awards with her Prince tribute, Jennifer Hudson has some big news to share. After three albums with Arista/J Records and RCA, the Oscar-winning singer has signed an exclusive contract with Epic Records, according to an announcement from Epic Chairman and CEO L.A. Reid.

"Jennifer Hudson is the defining voice of this generation," Reid said. "Her award-winning presence on records, in film, and on stage establishes her as one of the premiere artists to emerge in this century. I'm enjoying collaborating with my friend and mentor Clive Davis on Jennifer’s first Epic album and excited for her fans to hear what we're up to... all will be revealed soon!"

As noted by Reid, he is co-executive producing the album with Sony Music Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Clive Davis, marking the first time the pair have worked together on a project in nearly 25 years. The last time they collaborated was on Whitney Houston's record-smashing 1992 soundtrack to The Bodyguard.

"I signed Jennifer in 2007 believing her to be the strongest candidate as the next generation's Aretha Franklin and Whitney Houston," Davis said. "She has become that, as LA and I excitingly reunite to capture Jennifer at her all time best." Hudson, who wowed the crowd on Sunday night at the BET Awards with her soaring rendition of Prince's "Purple Rain," said she was eager to get to work on the next phase of her career.

"I couldn’t be more excited to embark on this new chapter with two of the most prolific musical legends of this generation," she said. "There is no doubt that this is just the beginning of a very special collaboration and I know that the result will be something unforgettable. I am looking forward to the creative process and sharing new music very soon!”

After finishing seventh on the third season of American Idol in 2004, Hudson won a Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her portrayal of Effie White in the 2006 film adaptation of Dreamgirls and released her self-titled debut album in 2008. She followed up with 2011's I Remember Me and 2014's JHUD.
courtesy of www.billboard.com
ludichris
Manager

Postby Nippian93 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:05 pm

^ Just came here to post about it :)
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Gravity » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:41 am

I'm very happy about the news, JHUD was fantastic and I liked a couple of her songs before that album.
Floped and localed
Gravity
R&B Junkie

Postby SCHoli » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:44 am

I love "I Still love You" and she looked so great in the video!
SCHoli
Personal Assistant

Postby Nippian93 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:17 pm

Jennifer Hudson to Star in Adam Sandler's Netflix Movie 'Sandy Wexler'

The Oscar winner will play an aspiring singer in the film, which Steven Brill will direct.
Jennifer Hudson has signed on to star in Adam Sandler's next Netflix movie, and the Oscar-winner will be showing off her musical chops once again.

The 90s-set project, called Sandy Wexler, stars Sandler as the titular character, a talent manager working in Los Angeles, who represents a group of eccentric clients on the fringes of show business. His single-minded devotion is put to the test when he falls in love with his newest client, a talented singer named Courtney Clarke (Hudson), who he discovers at an amusement park.

Steven Brill, who helmed Netflix’s other Sandler movie The Do-Over, is directing the film based on a script by Paul Sado, Dan Bulla and Sandler. Sandler is producing Sandy Wexler via his Happy Madison Productions banner along with Allen Covert. Barry Bernardi and Tim Herlihy will executive produce.

The film, part of Sandler's four-film deal with the streaming giant, will begin shooting in Los Angeles on August 2, and will premiere in all Netflix territories in 2017.

Two films from Sandler’s deal have already been released: The Ridiculous 6, which Netflix stated was the most-watched movie on the platform in its first 30 days of availability; and The Do-Over, which opened in May.

Singer-actress Hudson, who started off as a finalist on the third season of American Idol, won an Oscar and a Golden Globe for playing singer Effie White in 2006’s Dreamgirls. Her recent credits include Spike Lee’s Chi-Raq and 2013’s Black Nativity. The Grammy winner was also recently seen in HBO’s Confirmation with Kerry Washington, and made her Broadway debut in the revival of The Color Purple. Coming up, Hudson will also appear in NBC’s special Hairspray Live!, playing Motormouth Maybelle. She's repped by CAA, Azoff Music Management and Ziffren Brittenham

Brill previously helmed Little Nicky and Mr. Deeds. He's repped by UTA and Brillstein Entertainment.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/j ... ers-911335
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby SholasBoy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:33 pm

This is just outrageous, one of the best vocals I've EVER heard. As far as I'm concerned Jennifer Hudson has the greatest voice in music today.
SholasBoy
Chief Wig Snatcher

Postby Nippian93 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:17 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby nekoocz » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:25 am

SholasBoy wrote:
This is just outrageous, one of the best vocals I've EVER heard. As far as I'm concerned Jennifer Hudson has the greatest voice in music today.
I wouldnt say the best, but one of the best for sure. Sometimes i get surprised how smooth her vocals can be, cause she just loved to scream.
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby Storyteller » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:35 am

Wow! That was flawless, her voice is out of this world :o
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Return to General Artists Discussion