Bye Bye Baby (VMAs 1993)
No votes
Take a Bow (American Music Awards 1995)
2%
Bedtime Story (Brit Awards 1995)
4%
You Must Love Me (Academy Awards 1997)
2%
Shanti/Ashtangi, Ray of Light (VMAs 1998)
1%
Music (EMAs 2000)
4%
Like a Virgin/Hollywood (VMAs 2003)
10%
Hung Up (EMAs 2005)
11%
Feel Good Inc./Hung Up (Grammys 2006)
9%
Living For Love (Brit Awards 2015)
7%
Prince Tribute (Billboard Music Awards 2016)
1%
Other (Please Specify)
1%

Total votes : 92

Postby menime123 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:51 pm

AlphaMale wrote:Time for a new poll, right?
Any ideas?
Let's go old school - top 3 songs from American Life.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:53 pm

AlphaMale wrote:
menime123 wrote:
AlphaMale wrote:
Jimshakes wrote:Dunno if anyone saw but Emily Eavis started following Madonna the other day, Glastowatch posted a screen grab of it...
Who?
She organises Glastonbury. But to be fair, a fan of music following Madonna isn't really news... aside from the fact she's involved with Glastonbury lol.
Oh I thought it was a men that said that he would never have Madonna at that festival.
Not that I would like to go to a festival to see her show!
Although Coachella seemed to be great, too short but great!
Glastonbury has had Dolly Parton, Shirley Bassey and Beyoncé in recent years. Madonna as headliner would be a big deal for them I'm sure, but I'm not sure Madonna would ever do it - it wouldn't be her stage, and she wouldn't like to adapt her show or routines.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:55 pm

If you search 'Madonna FM' on Spotify, a live BAT tour album and a live TGS tour album pop up. Wonder how long they last :lol:
menime123
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:05 pm

^weren't they even released on CD? i see them from time to time in certain stores here.
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby CandyShop » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:07 pm

I m not gonna buy the DVD, will never forgive her to cut off Who s that Girl and LDLHA :-?
CandyShop
Personal Assistant

Postby grooveboy » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:09 pm

grooveboy
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:38 pm

grooveboy wrote:
... and then she releases SEX :lol:

I loved this. Thanks for posting. Some thing never change.
menime123
Superstar

Postby NoAngel » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:40 pm

I watched RHT since it aired on HBO here and I think the second half is much better. Still the whole film is a hot mess and the first part is practically unwatchable.
B. get off my pole!
NoAngel
Superstar

Postby tir69 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:36 am

NoAngel wrote:I watched RHT since it aired on HBO here and I think the second half is much better. Still the whole film is a hot mess and the first part is practically unwatchable.
This! !! I can't believe madonna released a mess like that i got headache when i was watching on tv. ....really disappointed. .please madonna put your feet Back down To The ground. ..that stuff its not a live show ...
tir69
Manager

Postby AlphaMale » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:44 pm

Having Madonna living in Portugal is like having... Well, Madonna living in Portugal :D
She's in the news every single day, tv, newspaper, blogs, everywhere.
It's the 80's and 90's all over again :)
Surely whoever speaks to me in the right voice
Him or her I shall follow
AlphaMale
Legend

Postby AlphaMale » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:44 pm

tir69 wrote:
NoAngel wrote:I watched RHT since it aired on HBO here and I think the second half is much better. Still the whole film is a hot mess and the first part is practically unwatchable.
This! !! I can't believe madonna released a mess like that i got headache when i was watching on tv. ....really disappointed. .please madonna put your feet Back down To The ground. ..that stuff its not a live show ...
Not to mention the songs she left out...
Surely whoever speaks to me in the right voice
Him or her I shall follow
AlphaMale
Legend

Postby Erotica » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:02 pm

AlphaMale wrote:
tir69 wrote:
That's my problem too, I can live with all the editing if it's the complete concert with all songs
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Westen » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:05 pm

AlphaMale wrote:
tir69 wrote:
Oh not again..........
Westen
Superstar

Postby Simon89 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:12 pm

tir69 wrote:
I agree... I watched RHT on canale 5 here in Italy last friday and I had the same impression... when I saw illuminati I thought how much it was terrible with that eye going on like a strobe... so sad.
Simon89
Groupie

Postby KEY9481 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:51 pm

Experienced the Drowned World Tour for the first time yesterday, wow that show was amazing.
5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016
KEY9481
Manager

Postby CandyShop » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:02 pm

KEY9481 wrote:Experienced the Drowned World Tour for the first time yesterday, wow that show was amazing.
That Tour is so underrated by fans!!
CandyShop
Personal Assistant

Postby grooveboy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:03 pm

^ Tho' it lacks Madonna classics, DWT is a visual masterpiece 8-)
grooveboy
Superstar

Postby tir69 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:14 pm

btw ...these days i'm hearing a lot of madonna's song on the italian's radios ... yesterday Celebration - RTL 102,5 , today Celebration - KissKiss , Causing a commotion - M20 and during last days ... Open Your Heart R101 + Sorry RTL 102,5 + Papa Don't preach RDS + Revolver Viva FM + Ghostown RTL 102,5 + Living for love - Gamma Radio.. and others I can't remember now .. It seems radios wants something new from her
tir69
Manager

Postby maroon » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:21 pm

AlphaMale wrote:Having Madonna living in Portugal is like having... Well, Madonna living in Portugal :D
She's in the news every single day, tv, newspaper, blogs, everywhere.
It's the 80's and 90's all over again :)
Where is she living now?
maroon
Superstar

Location: Amsterdam (NL) / Gijón (ES) / Rzeszów (PL) / Brno (CZ) / Cork (IE)

Postby RayRay » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:36 pm

So we started a new project at school. For the 9 and 10 year olds it's about "important people".
Of course I brought up Madonna. So today I even danced a little Vogue with the kids.
:D
Before you post, think: "Is it honest? Is it kind? Is it useful?"
RayRay
Superstar

Postby Benjamin » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:42 pm

RayRay wrote:So we started a new project at school. For the 9 and 10 year olds it's about "important people".
Of course I brought up Madonna. So today I even danced a little Vogue with the kids.
Yay! Educate 'em :)
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby RayRay » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:45 pm

Benjamin wrote:
RayRay wrote:So we started a new project at school. For the 9 and 10 year olds it's about "important people".
I chose 14 important people who are printed in color to hang in our classrooms. When I showed my colleagues who I had chosen, one colleague said: "Madonna isn't an important person." I was like: "WHAT?!!" And she was like: "Just kidding." :lol:
RayRay
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:04 pm

CandyShop wrote:
KEY9481 wrote:Experienced the Drowned World Tour for the first time yesterday, wow that show was amazing.
That Tour is so underrated by fans!!
It is, but I find those that moan about it are mainly the fans that had been waiting since TGS for a tour.

The thing with DWT is that Madonna was making a statement - in a world of manufactured pop Madonna was selling millions and holding her own. Even then, they judged her success against those younger than her and applauded he for being able to sell so well despite being in her 40s. The DWT setlist showed everyone Madonna didn't need to rely on her hits to tour - her new stuff was just as good.

However, DWT was simply Madonna getting back to business. In reality it's a tour that covers the eras since her last tour - if only she had sang You'll See at every show and actually performed DCFMA, the show would have made more sense. Plus, making her audience wait for the hits gave her the advantage of being able to charge more for RIT and songs she hadn't performed in at least 10 years.

Of course as times gone by the DWT is a mini greatest hits tour all of its own - over half the setlist is made up of singles and for anyone that worships those two albums is incredible.

She'd never get away with it now though. If she hadn't toured MDNA and did a combined MDNA and RH tour there'd be murders :lol:
menime123
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:05 pm

RayRay wrote:
Benjamin wrote:
I chose 14 important people who are printed in color to hang in our classrooms. When I showed my colleagues who I had chosen, one colleague said: "Madonna isn't an important person." I was like: "WHAT?!!" And she was like: "Just kidding." :lol:
Clearly didn't want detention :lol:
menime123
Superstar

Postby RayRay » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:09 pm

^ She knows how much I love Madonna. Whenever we have a team party, she asks the DJ to play some Madonna hits to get me on the dance floor. I couldn't believe of all my colleagues it was her who didn't think Madonna hasn't been important in music's history. I should have known she was just trying to get to me.
RayRay
Superstar

Return to General Artists Discussion