Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin, bm08

Favourite?

To Have And Not To Hold
54%
I Deserve It
46%

Total votes : 92

Postby Jimshakes » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:00 pm

jio wrote:Hmm, she has a visual album... there are videos from every song off "Evita".
:lol:
Jimshakes
Roadie

Postby cindycgy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:06 pm

Westen wrote:
MrLeonix wrote:You could be a bit depressing, extreme and radical at times :-?
That's because she reached my breaking point. I think I am now one of those fans that only love classic Madonna, i can totally live without new album, new song, new video. I know that she won't ever deliver something good, she is totally different person now. It's all about money. To think that she is one of the richest artists ever who literally can afford to release everything she wants, film videos just for the sake of it, and she is not doing that. Instead we're looking at cheap videos, and only 3 videos per album this whole century, and apparently she is visual artist. She also started bitching about certain songs not being released, coming from a woman who canceled era when her choice for single wasn't approved. Why? Because she only cares about money now.
Not to mention that she thinks she's edgy because she wears grills and sings about sex. That's probably because her kids called her basic.

AGREE. :o
cindycgy
Groupie

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:20 pm

Westen wrote:Now look at my other fave Tove Lo, she released song called Disco Tits, payed for amazing video, she released visuals for every single song from her last album (Lady Wood), she payed for it without label's support (and they are barely even getting views outside her fans), she's touring as opening act and writing for others because she has to bring money (since she's working for Max Martin, probably as a ghostwriter too), but in return she gets to release music that she wants to without pressure of making it big. Blue Lips (Lady Wood Phase II) didn't even have physical release, but she released 2nd part of the album (Lady Wood), like she wanted to. Her music is not even being sent to radios, she's writing it all by herself and producing it with the help of her friends. It's raw and passionate.
Its an unfair comparison. Tove Lo won't probably have that same drive, energy and passion after 36 years of career. You're comparing a new artist that has that hunger for success, for making it and achieving her dreams with an artist who's 36 years after her debut.

Madonna also had that same drive Tove Lo is having when she was starting, she would do anything and in fact most artists start that way, they don't give 100% but 200% when they're in their first years and then after they achieve their dreams or become millionaires their drive and passion gradually start to fade, I can guarantee you that Tove Lo won't be that way forever.

If anything we couldn't be more thankful for Madonna, that high 200% giving drive and hunger that new artists have Madonna had it for the first 10 albums of her career in a span of 23 years. Right now she is just lazy because it wasn't simply going to last forever.
Last edited by MrLeonix on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Westen » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:45 pm

MrLeonix wrote:
Westen wrote:Now look at my other fave Tove Lo, she released song called Disco Tits, payed for amazing video, she released visuals for every single song from her last album (Lady Wood), she payed for it without label's support (and they are barely even getting views outside her fans), she's touring as opening act and writing for others because she has to bring money (since she's working for Max Martin, probably as a ghostwriter too), but in return she gets to release music that she wants to without pressure of making it big. Blue Lips (Lady Wood Phase II) didn't even have physical release, but she released 2nd part of the album (Lady Wood), like she wanted to. Her music is not even being sent to radios, she's writing it all by herself and producing it with the help of her friends. It's raw and passionate.
Its an unfair comparison. Tove Lo won't probably have that same drive, energy and passion after 36 years of career. You're comparing a new artist that has that hunger for success, for making it and achieving her dreams with an artist who's 36 years after her debut.

Madonna also had that same drive Tove Lo is having when she was starting, she would do anything and in fact most artists start that way, they don't give 100% but 200% when they're in their first years and then after they achieve her dreams or become millionaires their drive and passion gradually start to fade, I can guarantee you that Tove Lo won't be that way forever.

If anything we couldn't be more thankful for Madonna, that high 200% giving drive and hunger that new artists have Madonna had it for the first 10 albums of her career in a span of 23 years. Right now she is just lazy because it wasn't simply going to last forever.
I know, i understand that, but i always thought she was smarter than this.

It all went down when she left Warner and signed that deal with Live nation.

I can't name one good thing that she did in the last 10 years. She even managed to ruin SuperBowl with terrible guests and disgusting new song.

Weather we liked HC era or not she was still one of the biggest artists out there, 10 years ago she was basically riding high and now she managed to ruin everything that she worked on up until that point. Her image and artistry is ruined to the point of no return, no one sees her today as an artist. She's nothing but a joke, and she doesn't even realize that, she's blaming ageism for that.

Look at Mariah for example, she realized where she was, fired whole team, got her new team, got new high profile gigs, she brought class to her style, diva antics are fading etc. She's rebuilding her image.

What's Madonna doing? Spamming IG with MDNA skin.
Westen
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:00 pm

Westen wrote:I know, i understand that, but i always thought she was smarter than this.

I can't name one good thing that she did in the last 10 years. She even managed to ruin SuperBowl with terrible guests and disgusting new song.

Weather we liked HC era or not she was still one of the biggest artists out there, 10 years ago she was basically riding high and now she managed to ruin everything that she worked on up until that point. Her image and artistry is ruined to the point of no return, no one sees her today as an artist. She's nothing but a joke, and she doesn't even realize that, she's blaming ageism for that.

Look at Mariah for example, she realized where she was, fired whole team, got her new team, got new high profile gigs, she brought class to her style, diva antics are fading etc. She's rebuilding her image.

I understand, as sad as it may sound I don't even know if she did something "amazing" in the last 10 years, probably the SuperBowl show for me, but thats it.

However I don't think she reached Mariah's low levels either, or at least she hasn't reached such levels yet. Mariah literally became a joke doing reality TV and let her fiasco get her on stage in the many disastrous performances she pulled in the last years. Madonna is lazy, repetitive, tiring and non-creative these days but she kept it professional every time she stepped on a stage always putting on good shows by not bringing her lazyness to the stage at least.

I feel like Madonna and her manager don't know how to market her career these days (and I don't mean the charts) but her public persona / image. She needs Celine Dion's public image's team and Cher's plastic surgeon's number because her face is also starting to give me Priscilla Presley teas.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby RHpoz » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:15 pm

Looking at her Instagram, she must be very desperate these days..
RH factor: RH pozitive
RHpoz
Groupie

Postby Westen » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:16 pm

MrLeonix wrote:
Westen wrote:I know, i understand that, but i always thought she was smarter than this.

I understand, as sad as it may sound I don't even know if she did something "amazing" in the last 10 years, probably the SuperBowl show for me, but thats it.

However I don't think she reached Mariah's low levels either, or at least she hasn't reached such levels yet. Mariah literally became a joke doing reality TV and let her fiasco get her on stage in the many disastrous performances she pulled in the last years. Madonna is lazy, repetitive, tiring and non-creative these days but she kept it professional every time she stepped on a stage always putting on good shows by not bringing her lazyness to the stage at least.

I feel like Madonna and her manager don't know how to market her career these days (and I don't mean the charts) but her public persona / image. She needs Celine Dion's public image's team and Cher's plastic surgeon's number because her face is also starting to give me Priscilla Presley teas.
Mariah def reached lower point, but she realized that, and she started cleaning mess that she made. Last few months have been the best months for Mariah probably since mid 00s, everything is working for her now, from great looks to her team hyping her up and praising her in press, giving her good word of mouth. Madonna never does that, she never uses her accomplishments in her advance, instead of reminding people why is she the biggest she reminds them that she is desperate hasbeen with her antics.
Madonna is only sinking lower and lower and i don't see her recovering, she only has die hard stans now, you know, those loudest ones who would call her burp the best song in years!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!
Everything is mess, from her online persona, to press, her catalog being forgotten and not pushed at all on Spotify and youtube, her image, from once upon a time fashion queen to cheap ugly looks.

Oh god i just googled that face and it's actually scary how much Madonna looks like her, i am seriously afraid of her next era, she not only gained a lot of fat since RHT ended but her face got even worse. She really has terrible genes and she's aging very bad.
Westen
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:29 pm

Westen wrote:Everything is mess, from her online persona, to press, her catalog being forgotten and not pushed at all on Spotify and youtube, her image, from once upon a time fashion queen to cheap ugly looks.
She needs a new team, I understand why she is lazy after all of these years, but that doesn't justify the horrible way her catalog, image, and streaming are treated. They only care about Touring.

Westen wrote:Oh god i just googled that face and it's actually scary how much Madonna looks like her, i am seriously afraid of her next era, she not only gained a lot of fat since RHT ended but her face got even worse. She really has terrible genes and she's aging very bad.
Lets not exaggerate either, Madonna does have great genes, she was looking like this at freaking 47:

She was definately ageing great and on the right track ..... What simply happened recently is that she stopped caring of herself in the last few years and of course all that plastic surgery she's put in her face is not helping either. I'm not against plastic surgery but I think she's using a really bad doctor.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby BodyShop » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:05 pm

It's a shame this thread is no lomger a place to relax and have nice conversations .
So much negativity. Again,a shame. Really sad,honestly.
BodyShop
Manager

Postby AlphaMale » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:59 pm

BodyShop wrote:It's a shame this thread is no lomger a place to relax and have nice conversations .
So much negativity. Again,a shame. Really sad,honestly.
Exactly.... That's why I don't come here more often. There's opinions and then there's this...

BTW
Give me a record and I’ll break it...

Channel 5 in Italy broadcasted Madonna’s Rebel Heart Tour for New Year’s Eve. The broadcast reached 1,072,000 viewers, becoming the most-watched-non-sportive event in the network (the World Cup reached the 1,500,000).
Surely whoever speaks to me in the right voice
Him or her I shall follow
AlphaMale
Legend

Postby AlphaMale » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:04 pm

Madonna`s doing whatever the fck she wants, like she always does and seems very happy.
I'm glad that she's happy because she has made me happy a lot of times over 5he last 30 years.
AlphaMale
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:51 am

I really hope she still has some passion for music left in her, last three eras were very disappointing in terms of albums. I need another great album like Music.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby madgikman » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:06 am

You guys are being way to harsh. Give the woman a break. I swear her fans are her harshest critics. I know people are entitled to their opinions, but it's just plain mean to attack her looks. IMO she's released some great music over the past decade. She gave us so much with Rebel Heart. MDNA isn't at the top of my list, but I do enjoy it.
madgikman
Personal Assistant

Postby AlphaMale » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:24 am

jio wrote:Hmm, she has a visual album... there are videos from every song off "Evita".
So true!!!
What a trendsetter she is :D :D :D :D :D
AlphaMale
Legend

Postby AlphaMale » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:25 am

madgikman wrote:You guys are being way to harsh. Give the woman a break. I swear her fans are her harshest critics. I know people are entitled to their opinions, but it's just plain mean to attack her looks. IMO she's released some great music over the past decade. She gave us so much with Rebel Heart. MDNA isn't at the top of my list, but I do enjoy it.
Even Hard Candy and MDNA have true gems in them! And I'm talking about what really matters, the music!
AlphaMale
Legend

Postby madgikman » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:09 pm

AlphaMale wrote:
madgikman wrote:You guys are being way to harsh. Give the woman a break. I swear her fans are her harshest critics. I know people are entitled to their opinions, but it's just plain mean to attack her looks. IMO she's released some great music over the past decade. She gave us so much with Rebel Heart. MDNA isn't at the top of my list, but I do enjoy it.
Even Hard Candy and MDNA have true gems in them! And I'm talking about what really matters, the music!
Oh yes Hard Candy is a solid album. It's funny, I think I listen to HC,MDNA & RH more than the earlier material.
madgikman
Personal Assistant

Postby AlphaMale » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:30 pm

I usually hear random tracks from every album, but wake up everyday to the sound of Live To Tell.
AlphaMale
Legend

Postby RayRay » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:55 pm

She released some of my favorite tracks in the last ten years. As well as some of her best videos.
RayRay
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:49 pm

RayRay wrote:She released some of my favorite tracks in the last ten years. As well as some of her best videos.
This goes directly to unpopular opinions :lol:
spiritboy
Legend

Postby AlphaMale » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:42 pm

RayRay wrote:She released some of my favorite tracks in the last ten years. As well as some of her best videos.
Do tell. What songs? What videos?
To me her best video from the last 10 years is BIM.
AlphaMale
Legend

Postby AlphaMale » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:43 pm

And her last great video before BIM is Sorry.
AlphaMale
Legend

Postby AlphaMale » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:47 pm

And her last great single was 4 minutes.
Album tracks from the last 10 years, we have plenty of greatness.
AlphaMale
Legend

Postby RayRay » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:45 pm

My favorite Madonna tracks from the last ten years:
Devil Wouldn't Recognize You
Girl Gone Wild
Turn Up The Radio
Super Star
Love Spent
Masterpiece
Living For Love
Messiah
Rebel Heart
Beautiful Scars
Borrowed Time

My favorite Madonna videos from the last ten years:
Girl Gone Wild
Living For Love
Ghosttown
RayRay
Legend

Postby Westen » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:52 pm

RayRay wrote:Super Star
This is a joke, right?
Westen
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:05 pm

My favorite Madonna tracks from the last 10 years are:

1. Miles away
2. Rebel heart
3. Love spent
4. Joan of arc
5. Ghosttown
6. Give it 2 me
7. Masterpiece
8. Heartbeat
9. The beat goes on
10. Devil pray
MrLeonix
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion