Fave?

Easy Ride
60%
How High
40%

Total votes : 53

Postby Westen » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:55 pm

La Isla Bonita is on Vh1 now 8-)

I'm so glad this song is slowly becoming her signature song. 8-)
Westen
Legend

Postby menime123 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:04 pm

jio wrote:
beredy wrote:
spiritboy wrote:Unpopular opinion: I love Revolver, it's a fun and entertaining song.
There's a really good fun song with cheeky lyrics in Revolver. Unfortunately the production is terrible as f*uk on it.

I do play it though.
The (non-Madonna) demo was so much better. Madonna's delivery on that song is just plain bad... she destroys it basically...
The song wasn’t finished. They used a demo version on Celebration because the final mix wasn’t submitted in time.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby BodyShop » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:01 am

Rumor has it,Ariana sampled one of Madonna's songs. That's why she thanked her.
BodyShop
Manager

Postby spiritboy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:41 am

Oh, i heard about that rumor. We talked about in one of Ariana's threads i think.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby RayRay » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:15 pm

BodyShop wrote:Rumor has it,Ariana sampled one of Madonna's songs. That's why she thanked her.
Looking forward to this.

I wonder what song will be used.
RayRay
Legend

Postby RayRay » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:16 pm

BodyShop wrote:
spiritboy wrote:Unpopular opinion: I love Revolver, it's a fun and entertaining song.
I love it too,Spiritboy :)
I love the David Guetta single remix.
RayRay
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:07 pm

Looks like someone leaked her nude outtakes from the Vogue photoshoot from 2014. She bares her tits. Are they new or did someone leak them today?
spiritboy
Legend

Postby jochen » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:06 pm

Where.??
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
jochen
Manager

Postby chanrw45 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:48 pm

They are old.. I remember seeing these bare shots of her breasts years ago on tumblr
Like 2 or 3 years ago
chanrw45
Roadie

Postby beredy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:09 pm

Madonna nude? Shocker. :lol:
beredy
Manager

Postby jochen » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:09 pm

Where ? I always loved her tits
Truöy good breasts
jochen
Manager

Postby Westen » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:00 pm

I've been sick since friday so instead of just laying around i decided to listen her whole discography in one day, my collection (yes, while holding my physical copies, booklets, not even ashamed) and oh my god, i HATE LAP so much. It's only rivaling Mdna for her worst album.

I only love title song on it, while i don't love any song on Mdna.

While i found myself enjoying IB even more, i think i would even place it in my top 6.
Westen
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:16 pm

I've noticed there is a recent trend to hate / bash "Like a Prayer" by some people (its definately more frequent now).

I wonder why tho . . . It is a great pop record for me.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Westen » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:19 pm

It's terrible. I don't feel any connection to it.
It has plenty of terrible songs, with Crapish being probably her worst ever next to jimmy.

If only whole album was dark and guitar heavy like lap...
Westen
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:22 pm

I really like the album. Its definately her most artistic and substancial out of her 80s albums.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:33 pm

Like A Prayer is a great album. My fave M album from the 80's. I never use her debut and second albums and i only listen to the singles on True Blue album. If it weren't for LAP album, she wouldn't have become this worldwide superstar.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Westen » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:38 pm

spiritboy wrote:Like A Prayer is a great album. My fave M album from the 80's. I never use her debut and second albums and i only listen to the singles on True Blue album. If it weren't for LAP album, she wouldn't have become this worldwide superstar.
She was already big star ww lol what a bs. And previous 2 eras were much bigger than lap. Half of her fanbase moved to Paula Abdul because lap was simply not interesting album.
Westen
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:40 pm

Westen wrote:
spiritboy wrote:Like A Prayer is a great album. My fave M album from the 80's. I never use her debut and second albums and i only listen to the singles on True Blue album. If it weren't for LAP album, she wouldn't have become this worldwide superstar.
She was already big star ww lol what a bs. And previous 2 eras were much bigger than lap. Half of her fanbase moved to Paula Abdul because lap was simply not interesting album.
Were you even alive when LAP was released? :lol:

Ofc she was a big star but LAP changed (upgraded) her status. People started to take her more seriously. She became an artist to pay attention to, rather than a blonde, pop bimbo. Ask any fan over 35 and they'll say the same things.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby RHpoz » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:51 pm

Exactly. LAP made her the world's Nr1..
RH factor: RH pozitive
RHpoz
Groupie

Postby menime123 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:30 pm

I don’t doubt that the song made Madonna into the biggest star on the planet, but I really refute the idea that the album did. I agree it’s the point she went from pop star to artist, but I think her divorce and the Pepsi fiasco got her a lot of publicity... but Vogue I think is the start of her biggest peak... Vogue, BAT and TIC was her peak.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby RHpoz » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:35 pm

menime123 wrote:I don’t doubt that the song made Madonna into the biggest star on the planet, but I really refute the idea that the album did. I agree it’s the point she went from pop star to artist, but I think her divorce and the Pepsi fiasco got her a lot of publicity... but Vogue I think is the start of her biggest peak... Vogue, BAT and TIC was her peak.
Amen. She was the eighth wonder of the world..
How come she is an old fat lady now??? :cry:
RHpoz
Groupie

Postby menime123 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:52 pm

RHpoz wrote:
menime123 wrote:I don’t doubt that the song made Madonna into the biggest star on the planet, but I really refute the idea that the album did. I agree it’s the point she went from pop star to artist, but I think her divorce and the Pepsi fiasco got her a lot of publicity... but Vogue I think is the start of her biggest peak... Vogue, BAT and TIC was her peak.
More skin for more MDNA products :lol:
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby jochen » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:03 pm

Lap is weak
Me too never understood the hype
jochen
Manager

Postby RHpoz » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:04 pm

menime123 wrote:
RHpoz wrote:
More skin for more MDNA products :lol:
Bitch.. :lol:
RHpoz
Groupie

Postby MrLeonix » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:10 pm

Wow interesting to see so many people hating / disliking LAP these days. I checked another forum the other day and it was the same.

Such a shame, such a great and important album for her. I think songs like "Till death do us part", "Dear Jessie" and "Oh father" are so cool, in addition of songs like "Like a Prayer" and "Express yourself" being killer singles, and I don't think "Cherish" is that bad either. :roll:

Fortunately it still remains hailed by critics.
Last edited by MrLeonix on Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrLeonix
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion