Madonna

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin, bm08

 

Fave?

Easy Ride
32
60%
How High
21
40%
 
Total votes : 53

Postby Westen » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:55 pm

La Isla Bonita is on Vh1 now 8-)

I'm so glad this song is slowly becoming her signature song. 8-)
User avatar
Westen
Legend
 
Posts: 11297
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013

Postby menime123 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:04 pm

jio wrote:
beredy wrote:
spiritboy wrote:Unpopular opinion: I love Revolver, it's a fun and entertaining song.
There's a really good fun song with cheeky lyrics in Revolver. Unfortunately the production is terrible as f*uk on it.

I do play it though.
The (non-Madonna) demo was so much better. Madonna's delivery on that song is just plain bad... she destroys it basically...
The song wasn’t finished. They used a demo version on Celebration because the final mix wasn’t submitted in time.
NO MEN IN ME.
User avatar
menime123
Legend
 
Posts: 14897
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby BodyShop » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:01 am

Rumor has it,Ariana sampled one of Madonna's songs. That's why she thanked her.
User avatar
BodyShop
Manager
 
Posts: 4810
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015

Postby spiritboy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:41 am

Oh, i heard about that rumor. We talked about in one of Ariana's threads i think.
User avatar
spiritboy
Legend
 
Posts: 24172
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004
Location: Turkey

Postby RayRay » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:15 pm

BodyShop wrote:Rumor has it,Ariana sampled one of Madonna's songs. That's why she thanked her.
Looking forward to this.

I wonder what song will be used.
User avatar
RayRay
Legend
 
Posts: 11955
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011
Location: Netherlands

Postby RayRay » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:16 pm

BodyShop wrote:
spiritboy wrote:Unpopular opinion: I love Revolver, it's a fun and entertaining song.
I love it too,Spiritboy :)
I love the David Guetta single remix.
User avatar
RayRay
Legend
 
Posts: 11955
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011
Location: Netherlands

Postby spiritboy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:07 pm

Looks like someone leaked her nude outtakes from the Vogue photoshoot from 2014. She bares her tits. Are they new or did someone leak them today?
User avatar
spiritboy
Legend
 
Posts: 24172
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004
Location: Turkey

Postby jochen » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:06 pm

Where.??
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
User avatar
jochen
Manager
 
Posts: 4101
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008
Location: Germany, Hannover

Postby chanrw45 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:48 pm

They are old.. I remember seeing these bare shots of her breasts years ago on tumblr
Like 2 or 3 years ago
chanrw45
Roadie
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012
Location: Brazil

Postby beredy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:09 pm

Madonna nude? Shocker. :lol:
User avatar
beredy
Manager
 
Posts: 3780
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010
Location: Croatia

Postby jochen » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:09 pm

Where ? I always loved her tits
Truöy good breasts
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
User avatar
jochen
Manager
 
Posts: 4101
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008
Location: Germany, Hannover

Postby Westen » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:00 pm

I've been sick since friday so instead of just laying around i decided to listen her whole discography in one day, my collection (yes, while holding my physical copies, booklets, not even ashamed) and oh my god, i HATE LAP so much. It's only rivaling Mdna for her worst album.

I only love title song on it, while i don't love any song on Mdna.

While i found myself enjoying IB even more, i think i would even place it in my top 6.
User avatar
Westen
Legend
 
Posts: 11297
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013

Postby MrLeonix » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:16 pm

I've noticed there is a recent trend to hate / bash "Like a Prayer" by some people (its definately more frequent now).

I wonder why tho . . . It is a great pop record for me.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
User avatar
MrLeonix
Legend
 
Posts: 21119
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013

Postby Westen » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:19 pm

It's terrible. I don't feel any connection to it.
It has plenty of terrible songs, with Crapish being probably her worst ever next to jimmy.

If only whole album was dark and guitar heavy like lap...
User avatar
Westen
Legend
 
Posts: 11297
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013

Postby MrLeonix » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:22 pm

I really like the album. Its definately her most artistic and substancial out of her 80s albums.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
User avatar
MrLeonix
Legend
 
Posts: 21119
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013

Postby spiritboy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:33 pm

Like A Prayer is a great album. My fave M album from the 80's. I never use her debut and second albums and i only listen to the singles on True Blue album. If it weren't for LAP album, she wouldn't have become this worldwide superstar.
User avatar
spiritboy
Legend
 
Posts: 24172
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004
Location: Turkey

Postby Westen » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:38 pm

spiritboy wrote:Like A Prayer is a great album. My fave M album from the 80's. I never use her debut and second albums and i only listen to the singles on True Blue album. If it weren't for LAP album, she wouldn't have become this worldwide superstar.
She was already big star ww lol what a bs. And previous 2 eras were much bigger than lap. Half of her fanbase moved to Paula Abdul because lap was simply not interesting album.
User avatar
Westen
Legend
 
Posts: 11297
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013

Postby spiritboy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:40 pm

Westen wrote:
spiritboy wrote:Like A Prayer is a great album. My fave M album from the 80's. I never use her debut and second albums and i only listen to the singles on True Blue album. If it weren't for LAP album, she wouldn't have become this worldwide superstar.
She was already big star ww lol what a bs. And previous 2 eras were much bigger than lap. Half of her fanbase moved to Paula Abdul because lap was simply not interesting album.
Were you even alive when LAP was released? :lol:

Ofc she was a big star but LAP changed (upgraded) her status. People started to take her more seriously. She became an artist to pay attention to, rather than a blonde, pop bimbo. Ask any fan over 35 and they'll say the same things.
User avatar
spiritboy
Legend
 
Posts: 24172
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004
Location: Turkey

Postby RHpoz » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:51 pm

Exactly. LAP made her the world's Nr1..
RH factor: RH pozitive
RHpoz
Groupie
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015

Postby menime123 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:30 pm

I don’t doubt that the song made Madonna into the biggest star on the planet, but I really refute the idea that the album did. I agree it’s the point she went from pop star to artist, but I think her divorce and the Pepsi fiasco got her a lot of publicity... but Vogue I think is the start of her biggest peak... Vogue, BAT and TIC was her peak.
NO MEN IN ME.
User avatar
menime123
Legend
 
Posts: 14897
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby RHpoz » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:35 pm

menime123 wrote:I don’t doubt that the song made Madonna into the biggest star on the planet, but I really refute the idea that the album did. I agree it’s the point she went from pop star to artist, but I think her divorce and the Pepsi fiasco got her a lot of publicity... but Vogue I think is the start of her biggest peak... Vogue, BAT and TIC was her peak.
Amen. She was the eighth wonder of the world..
How come she is an old fat lady now??? :cry:
RH factor: RH pozitive
RHpoz
Groupie
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015

Postby menime123 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:52 pm

RHpoz wrote:
menime123 wrote:I don’t doubt that the song made Madonna into the biggest star on the planet, but I really refute the idea that the album did. I agree it’s the point she went from pop star to artist, but I think her divorce and the Pepsi fiasco got her a lot of publicity... but Vogue I think is the start of her biggest peak... Vogue, BAT and TIC was her peak.
Amen. She was the eighth wonder of the world..
How come she is an old fat lady now??? :cry:
More skin for more MDNA products :lol:
NO MEN IN ME.
User avatar
menime123
Legend
 
Posts: 14897
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby jochen » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:03 pm

Lap is weak
Me too never understood the hype
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
User avatar
jochen
Manager
 
Posts: 4101
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008
Location: Germany, Hannover

Postby RHpoz » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:04 pm

menime123 wrote:
RHpoz wrote:
menime123 wrote:I don’t doubt that the song made Madonna into the biggest star on the planet, but I really refute the idea that the album did. I agree it’s the point she went from pop star to artist, but I think her divorce and the Pepsi fiasco got her a lot of publicity... but Vogue I think is the start of her biggest peak... Vogue, BAT and TIC was her peak.
Amen. She was the eighth wonder of the world..
How come she is an old fat lady now??? :cry:
More skin for more MDNA products :lol:
Bitch.. :lol:
RH factor: RH pozitive
RHpoz
Groupie
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015

Postby MrLeonix » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:10 pm

Wow interesting to see so many people hating / disliking LAP these days. I checked another forum the other day and it was the same.

Such a shame, such a great and important album for her. I think songs like "Till death do us part", "Dear Jessie" and "Oh father" are so cool, in addition of songs like "Like a Prayer" and "Express yourself" being killer singles, and I don't think "Cherish" is that bad either. :roll:

Fortunately it still remains hailed by critics.
Last edited by MrLeonix on Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
User avatar
MrLeonix
Legend
 
Posts: 21119
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013

Return to General Artists Discussion