Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

Fave?

Easy Ride
57%
How High
43%

Total votes : 74

Postby upushme » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:48 pm

Beautiful Game's video made by fans. Not bad.
Have a look at that channel, there are other interesting videos (Wash All Over Me, etc...)

upushme
Manager

Postby RayRay » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:29 pm

upushme wrote:
RayRay wrote:
I recorded on VHS-video her accepting an award for Papa Don't Preach being the World's Most Popular Video. She doesn't really know what to say and says: "Oh, that's nice. I'll tell... I'll tell my dog." with her Nikki Finn voice on the film set. :lol:
Yes, funny. :wink:

That's it. I love it so much. Have watched it sooooooooo many times. :D :D :D :D :D
RayRay
Legend

Postby jjavier1978 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:41 pm

Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.
jjavier1978
Legend

Postby menime123 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:16 pm

I still can’t quite believe we’re getting new Madonna and Mirwais music. Nothing could have made me more exited for a new Madonna album.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby menime123 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:20 pm

I wish Madge had done the full vocal for Sidewalk Talk. It would still be one of her biggest hits.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby CandyShop » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:43 pm

menime123 wrote:I wish Madge had done the full vocal for Sidewalk Talk. It would still be one of her biggest hits.
Now that u makes me think about it... love that song <3
CandyShop
Manager

Postby RayRay » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:44 pm

menime123 wrote:I wish Madge had done the full vocal for Sidewalk Talk. It would still be one of her biggest hits.
I lived in Singapore at the time where it went to #1.
RayRay
Legend

Postby Marchum » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:48 pm

menime123 wrote:I still can’t quite believe we’re getting new Madonna and Mirwais music. Nothing could have made me more exited for a new Madonna album.
Wow I just googled him and those song he did for Madonna are some of her best songs ever :o :o
Marchum
Manager

Postby menime123 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:55 pm

Marchum wrote:
menime123 wrote:I still can’t quite believe we’re getting new Madonna and Mirwais music. Nothing could have made me more exited for a new Madonna album.
Wow I just googled him and those song he did for Madonna are some of her best songs ever :o :o
Yup :D

So excited :lol:
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby upushme » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:27 am

Are they preparing another megahit like Music? 8-)

upushme
Manager

Postby CandyShop » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:22 pm

upushme wrote:Are they preparing another megahit like Music? 8-)

She could release best material in ages and will be lucky to crash the Hot 100

MegaHit days are gone, and I don’t say that in a negative way, it’s just the way it is, and it goes for all the major big divas.
CandyShop
Manager

Postby music126 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:23 pm

She could still have a Believe moment, so who knows!?!?
music126
Manager

Postby Westen » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:29 pm

music126 wrote:She could still have a Believe moment, so who knows!?!?
Madonna having 'Believe moment' is the dumbest thing I see online, she was highly successful when she was 50, had one of the best selling albums of the year, one of the best songs of the year and one of the biggest tours of all time. She doesn't need to have her Believe moment, she had it. :roll:
Westen
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:56 pm

Westen wrote:
Madonna having 'Believe moment' is the dumbest thing I see online, she was highly successful when she was 50, had one of the best selling albums of the year, one of the best songs of the year and one of the biggest tours of all time. She doesn't need to have her Believe moment, she had it. :roll:
No she hasn’t. She hasn’t had a UK or US #1 since her 40s. I doubt she’ll have a monster #1 now in the streaming era as a ‘Believe moment’ could surely only ever happen in a sales industry, but stranger things could happen.

Either way, it seems more and more that in a streaming world, you don’t need a high chart position for something to be considered a hit. Songs somehow end up finding an audience one way or another nowadays and the charts have never been more irrelevant than they are now.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby Westen » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:01 pm

menime123 wrote:
Westen wrote:
No she hasn’t. She hasn’t had a UK or US #1 since her 40s. I doubt she’ll have a monster #1 now in the streaming era as a ‘Believe moment’ could surely only ever happen in a sales industry, but stranger things could happen.

Either way, it seems more and more that in a streaming world, you don’t need a high chart position for something to be considered a hit. Songs somehow end up finding an audience one way or another nowadays and the charts have never been more irrelevant than they are now.
Oh please, that's stan bullsh*it. Keep it on ATRL. She had #1 in 2008. Quit it with technicality. She had grand success, but sure let's discredit it because she exactly *insert age number* old.

Charts are pure shit these days. And they are not exciting. They are indicator of artists' hype among millennials who use Spotify. Charts were never easier to be manipulated with, with payola and and their playlists.
Westen
Legend

Postby AndiIversen » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:31 pm

Do we have any touring rumors?
AndiIversen
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:16 pm

Westen wrote:
menime123 wrote:
Westen wrote:

Oh please, that's stan bullsh*it. Keep it on ATRL. She had #1 in 2008. Quit it with technicality. She had grand success, but sure let's discredit it because she exactly *insert age number* old.

Charts are pure shit these days. And they are not exciting. They are indicator of artists' hype among millennials who use Spotify. Charts were never easier to be manipulated with, with payola and and their playlists.
Are you saying she wasn’t in her 40s when she was #1 in 2008?
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby Westen » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:52 pm

menime123 wrote:
Are you saying that she didn't just turn 50 like 2-3 months after song went #1 almost everywhere, same for the album, tour slaying and being inducted in R&R;s Hall of Fame.

But sure, she wasn't exactly *insert years that you want* old so it doesn't count as success. She needs Cher moment because she's fat fad from 80s!!

Satisfied now?
Westen
Legend

Postby music126 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:57 pm

A "believe moment" doesn't necessarily mean something with her age, just a gap between hits. Why is Westen so negative about everything, chill out.
music126
Manager

Postby menime123 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:02 pm

Westen wrote:
menime123 wrote:
Are you saying that she didn't just turn 50 like 2-3 months after song went #1 almost everywhere, same for the album, tour slaying and being inducted in R&R;s Hall of Fame.

But sure, she wasn't exactly *insert years that you want* old so it doesn't count as success. She needs Cher moment because she's fat fad from 80s!!

Satisfied now?
So you agree she was in her 40s?
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby BodyShop » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:07 pm

music126 wrote:A "believe moment" doesn't necessarily mean something with her age, just a gap between hits. Why is Westen so negative about everything, chill out.
I don't think he's being negative per se,only interpreting this "Belive moment" in a different way and,let's be honest,it's pretty subjective to anyone's opinion.
One can say it means achieving a huge hit after being 50. Another one can say it means achieving a huge success after several years of being ignored chart wise.
I ,for once,would say a "Believe moment" means having a mammoth hit worldwide after a certain age.
Either way you spin it,I would say Madonna qualifies for it of it becomes a reality with her upcoming release(s) lol.
Honestly,I don't think she will but who knows?
BodyShop
Manager

Postby menime123 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:10 pm

music126 wrote:A "believe moment" doesn't necessarily mean something with her age, just a gap between hits. Why is Westen so negative about everything, chill out.
Madonna doesn’t need a Believe moment really. Cher’s success was huge and undeniable but what it did for her forever changed her career. With Cher it wasn’t a return to form, it made her the biggest she’d ever been in her career.

Madonna needs her own moment and I think as far as us fans go, it just needs to be an album worthy of Madonna. Charts and sales mean nothing anymore, but artistry is worth its weight in gold.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby Shadowplay » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:30 am

menime123 wrote:
Westen wrote:
menime123 wrote:

Satisfied now?
So you agree she was in her 40s?
OK guys, she was about to finish her 50th year in this world at that time.
*technically* she was 49.
If we consider her mother's 9 months of pregnancy, she was already 50 since she was a spermatozoon.
"Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"
Shadowplay
Manager

Postby spiritboy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:01 am

Lol, she was 47 when Hung Up released. :lol:
Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:29 am

spiritboy wrote:Lol, she was 47 when Hung Up released. :lol:
They’re talking about 4 Minutes :P
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion