Bye Bye Baby (VMAs 1993)
1%
Take a Bow (American Music Awards 1995)
1%
Bedtime Story (Brit Awards 1995)
5%
You Must Love Me (Academy Awards 1997)
2%
Shanti/Ashtangi, Ray of Light (VMAs 1998)
2%
Music (EMAs 2000)
4%
Like a Virgin/Hollywood (VMAs 2003)
12%
Hung Up (EMAs 2005)
13%
Feel Good Inc./Hung Up (Grammys 2006)
6%
Living For Love (Brit Awards 2015)
4%
Prince Tribute (Billboard Music Awards 2016)
No votes
Other (Please Specify)
2%

Total votes : 171

Postby Yoshie » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:07 pm

Devil Pray could have had an absolutely epic music video. It's a crime that we didn't get one, even if the song itself is not particularly tailored for radio due to its lyrical content.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:07 pm

menime123 wrote:
Benjamin wrote:
MrLeonix wrote:
menime123 wrote:I don’t think there were many worthy single condensers to be honest. Nothing else aside from the 3 singles feel like they would have been worthy additions to her singles catalogue.
I think "Rebel heart" (song) and "Devil Pray" could have been nice singles.
Agreed!

I think 'Rebel Heart' singles should have been:

01. Living For Love
02. Devil Pray
03. Rebel Heart
04. Ghosttown
Devil Pray is my favourite song on the album but I don’t see how it would have worked as a single.
It's a killer track. I thought of it as a single from the moment I heard it. Especially with a great music video.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby jio » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:08 pm

1. Living For Love (a different version with a long gospel outro)
2. Rebel Heart (single remix which is identical to the first leaked version... so fans will have an extra reason to buy)
3. Messiah
4. Hold Tight/Queen
jio
Legend

Postby menime123 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:08 pm

Yoshie wrote:Devil Pray could have had an absolutely epic music video. It's a crime that we didn't get one, even if the song itself is not particularly tailored for radio due to its lyrical content.
Which is why I don’t think it would have worked :lol:
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby spiritboy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:10 pm

Yeah, releasing Rebel Heart with a single mix (akin to the leaked demo) would've been a genius move.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby menime123 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:14 pm

spiritboy wrote:Yeah, releasing Rebel Heart with a single mix (akin to the leaked demo) would've been a genius move.
Something clearly went on behind the scenes with them. Putting out the original would have made me wet with excitement - from the moment I heard it I could imagine it ending her tour in a big way. It’s the most Madonna song of the entire project and it isn’t even bloody released :lol:
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby spiritboy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:16 pm

menime123 wrote:
spiritboy wrote:Yeah, releasing Rebel Heart with a single mix (akin to the leaked demo) would've been a genius move.
Something clearly went on behind the scenes with them. Putting out the original would have made me wet with excitement - from the moment I heard it I could imagine it ending her tour in a big way. It’s the most Madonna song of the entire project and it isn’t even bloody released :lol:
She should've just released the song when the demo leaked, would've been top 10 in major markets. :cry:
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Yoshie » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:17 pm

I enjoy both versions of Rebel Heart a lot, but I'm not convinced that the demo version would've been a hit, even if it sounds like one.
Yoshie
Legend

Postby menime123 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:20 pm

Yoshie wrote:I enjoy both versions of Rebel Heart a lot, but I'm not convinced that the demo version would've been a hit, even if it sounds like one.
For me the demo version just sounds like an instant hit in the same way Hung Up does. Though I do think the original version needed a bridge or something in the middle, but I’ll take what I can get (which clearly was nothing)

It’s sounded like an instant Madonna classic and the most obvious Madonna classic since Hung Up, which would have held its own with Hung Up, Music and ROL.
menime123
Superstar

Postby jio » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:21 pm

menime123 wrote:
Very 90s-sounding but not very Madonna-sounding. I actually think that the final version is far more Madonna-sounding by removing all the 90s elements. It's funny that songs like "Iconic" or even "I'm Addicted" from "MDNA" sound like the 90s songs Madonna forgot to record in the 90s lol.
jio
Legend

Postby QueenMadonna » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:23 pm

Benjamin wrote:
MrLeonix wrote:
menime123 wrote:I don’t think there were many worthy single condensers to be honest. Nothing else aside from the 3 singles feel like they would have been worthy additions to her singles catalogue.
I think "Rebel heart" (song) and "Devil Pray" could have been nice singles.
Agreed!

01. Living For Love
02. Devil Pray
03. Rebel Heart
04. Ghosttown
01. Ghosttown
02. Devil Pray
03. Living For Love
04. Hold Tight
05. Best Night

This album is so good! It should've 5 or more singles like ROL and Erotica albums
QueenMadonna
Roadie

Postby jio » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:26 pm

"Ghosttown" would have never worked as first single. It's kind of bland
jio
Legend

Postby RayRay » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:28 pm

menime123 wrote:

Never saw this RH interview before... 15 minutes on music, making the album, her colabs and ageism. I wish we had more interviews like this.
Thanks for sharing. Love interviews that talk about the music the most.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby QueenMadonna » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:30 pm

jio wrote:"Ghosttown" would have never worked as first single. It's kind of bland
Everybody loves strong ballads like Live to Tell and Frozen
Last edited by QueenMadonna on Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QueenMadonna
Roadie

Postby RayRay » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:31 pm

Benjamin wrote:

01. Living For Love
02. Devil Pray
03. Rebel Heart
04. Ghosttown
My choice would have been:

1. Living For Love (with more of the choir)
2. Rebel Heart (demo version)
3. Messiah
4. Wash All Over Me (demo version)
5. Devil Pray (Europe) / Ghosttown (USA)
RayRay
Superstar

Postby luckyONE » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:34 pm

1. Living For Love
2. Rebel Heart
3. Wash All Over Me (Avicii version)
4. Bitch I'm Madonna
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby greek_boy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:35 pm

Yoshie wrote:Devil Pray could have had an absolutely epic music video. It's a crime that we didn't get one, even if the song itself is not particularly tailored for radio due to its lyrical content.
This. A great song.
greek_boy
Legend

Postby QueenMadonna » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:36 pm

luckyONE wrote:4. Bitch I'm Madonna
:oops:
QueenMadonna
Roadie

Postby luckyONE » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:37 pm

QueenMadonna wrote:
people act like it's a bad song, however it's just a fun song, so why not releasing it? it's catchy and the video her best from the current decade. 8-)
luckyONE
Superstar

Postby jio » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:42 pm

luckyONE wrote:
QueenMadonna wrote:
people act like it's a bad song, however it's just a fun song, so why not releasing it? it's catchy and the video her best from the current decade. 8-)
It has grown on me to the extent that not only I don't skip it anymore but I also enjoy listening to it as part of the album but I still wouldn't release it. It just screams "mid-life crisis". Let's put it this way. "Coco Jumbo" was a fun catchy song but would we rather Madonna having recorded and released that instead of "Bad Girl"? Nah, I don't think so.
jio
Legend

Postby QueenMadonna » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:49 pm

jio wrote:It just screams "mid-life crisis".
It's prejudice! Madge has always been dared and playful
QueenMadonna
Roadie

Postby menime123 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:58 pm

This is where I take issue with people hating on BIM. Music is subjective and therefore there is no place for ageism. Who is anyone to say Madonna is too old to say ‘Bitch I’m Madonna’? No one ever hates on the song, but the fact they think Madonna is too old for it. Which is Madness - there is no such thing as age limits when it comes to what sort of music you should be singing.
menime123
Superstar

Postby MrLeonix » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:19 am

menime123 wrote:This is where I take issue with people hating on BIM. Music is subjective and therefore there is no place for ageism. Who is anyone to say Madonna is too old to say ‘Bitch I’m Madonna’? No one ever hates on the song, but the fact they think Madonna is too old for it. Which is Madness - there is no such thing as age limits when it comes to what sort of music you should be singing.
Honestly I hate the song because its just plain bad. It has nothing to do with age for me, I well know that young Justin Bieber could have released it and I would still hate it.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:28 am

MrLeonix wrote:
menime123 wrote:This is where I take issue with people hating on BIM. Music is subjective and therefore there is no place for ageism. Who is anyone to say Madonna is too old to say ‘Bitch I’m Madonna’? No one ever hates on the song, but the fact they think Madonna is too old for it. Which is Madness - there is no such thing as age limits when it comes to what sort of music you should be singing.
Honestly I hate the song because its just plain bad. It has nothing to do with age for me, I well know that young Justin Bieber could have released it and I would still hate it.
Well, ’Bitch I’m Bieber’ doesn’t have quite the same ring to it, admittedly.
menime123
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:29 am

RayRay wrote:
menime123 wrote:

Never saw this RH interview before... 15 minutes on music, making the album, her colabs and ageism. I wish we had more interviews like this.
Thanks for sharing. Love interviews that talk about the music the most.
Me too. When she was talking about stems and trying to get them from Diplo I can just imagine her tantrums - you know she can revert back to TOD Madonna at the drop of a hat :lol:
menime123
Superstar

Return to General Artists Discussion