Geri Halliwell

Moderators: tdc2000, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby GetBack » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:00 pm

I wouldn't mind having a Playlist compilation from each of the solo Spice Girls. :cry: :cry:
GetBack
Legend

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:46 am

Dan Wooten reporting now that Geri's new album has leaked....
Nowhere to be seen as of yet

Geri Horner's COUNTRY album has reportedly leaked online. No, this is not a drill.

The Spice Girls star, who revealed she is back with the band as a trio for the 21st anniversary of Wannabe, might be a bit ticked off the surprise has been spoilt after she allegedly spent SIX years working on it.

A source told The Sun newspaper: "She sings about love and the effect of motherhood has had on her. It's very personal which makes the leak more upsetting."

Adele scrapped her album because she was afraid people would find her songs about being a parent boring, but lets hope Geri has some success.

It's all very Dolly Parton making an "acoustic country record", which is said to be due out next year. We did not see this coming after her hits It's Raining Men and Look at Me.

The news comes just days after the publication revealed the band's demo, Song For Her, had also leaked - and been given the thumbs up.

Emma Bunton, who is back with Geri and Mel B as Spice Girls GEM, has confirmed that there IS new music during a radio interview.

Geri Horner hasn't released new music for years

"You know, us girls love creating stuff. We went and had a laugh in the studio. It’s not a single, it’s just we were creating," she told Heart.

"It’s just that we’re creating, having fun in the studio. It's just a demo and somehow it has got out there.”

It apparently includes the lyrics: "Wipe up your tears of doubt you have been crying, lift up your dreams feel like you're flying, never forget the girl is the woman you are."

Sadly, it looks as if new music for the band - at least for now - won't include Victoria Beckham or Mel C.

Earlier this week, Mel B dodged questions as to whether the two stars will be joining her, Geri and Emma in their reunion.

Asked directly if Victoria is out of the group, she told Access Hollywood Live: "I think between the five of us, we're always going to be the Spice Girls.

"But right now who you see saying thank you [in the video] are the ones going to be hurrying it all along."

She added: "We have a few interesting things that we will be sharing with everybody, or the people that want to know. It's gonna be very interesting."

Mirror Celeb has contacted Geri's rep for a comment.
Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby MrRager » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:36 pm

Ma Chico latinoo!
#Pray4AL6
MrRager
Legend

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:43 am

Well since no one else seems to be talking about it.....
Geri's much talked about 4th solo album has leaked!!!
Fans have titled this collection "Man on the Mountain" and it contains 12 previously unreleased tracks.
Stylistically this outing sees Geri embracing some folk/country guitar driven sound with sprinkling of pop magic and the ever so Halliwell lyrics.
Vocally it's evident that she's put some work in and her force is fuller and stronger though pushed to its limits in parts.
She had been dropping hints about this fourth solo outing for years though recently she is said to have told fans the album, as it was/is, wouldn't see the light of day, and sadly this is a truly strong body of work from an artist that many will not take seriously.
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby jaymez428 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:45 pm

AussiePopStar8 wrote:Well since no one else seems to be talking about it.....
Geri's much talked about 4th solo album has leaked!!!
Fans have titled this collection "Man on the Mountain" and it contains 12 previously unreleased tracks.
Stylistically this outing sees Geri embracing some folk/country guitar driven sound with sprinkling of pop magic and the ever so Halliwell lyrics.
Vocally it's evident that she's put some work in and her force is fuller and stronger though pushed to its limits in parts.
She had been dropping hints about this fourth solo outing for years though recently she is said to have told fans the album, as it was/is, wouldn't see the light of day, and sadly this is a truly strong body of work from an artist that many will not take seriously.
Do you have a link or somewhere we can hear?
jaymez428
Roadie

Postby AlmostHeaven » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:37 pm

i **** love her crazy ass. literally the heart of the spicy gals. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
AlmostHeaven
Personal Assistant

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:12 am

Guess it can't hurt considering it's still all over YouTube

Enjoy
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby JimJim » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:41 am

So no one has any opinions on this entire album that dropped? Or is there discussion elsewhere?
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby menime123 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:33 am

I have to say, it's easily my favourite album of the year. There isn't a single bad song. Love & Light, Humanity, Man on The Mountain and Without Love are probably the best songs she's recorded since her debut album.

Very disappointed it leaked as I feel it could have done reasonably well for her (by 2016 standards). She's never toured or played full shows in London, so I'd have loved to have had something like that from her.

I've had the album on repeat and it just works as a body of work. It's that sing song sing along pop music that I grew up with and adore - the kind of songs people don't release anymore. They're unashamed pop songs.

Her vocals are an improvement but it's her songwriting that continues to impress me. Why she isn't writing and selling her songs to others is beyond me because she could be really successful in that field.

So many lyrical throwbacks to her discography too. Honestly, I haven't had an album on repeat like this since Madonna released Rebel Heart nearly 2 years ago.

10/10 from me.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:37 am

I agree it' a shame she'll never get any main stream, general public, recognition for this body of work because it proves that even in this modern day Geri can be looked upon as a genuine artist.
She has obviously written and invested time in bettering her vocal in order to deliver something that can stand along side modern pop/country/alternative/adult contemporary artists and it's an honest shame that the "Spice stigma" that prevails harder on Geri than the others won't get a chance to be lifted by a set of honestly well crafted songs that can easily stand along side some of the best of Mel C's solo output.
With Geri having said that this album/version of it wouldn't be released there may still be a ray of hope for solo music given that she's been pictured in the studio recently.
I too would love to see Geri do a theatre tour and would GLADLY travel from Australia to see her if it were a for sure thing and not fall through like her last attempt
It'd be one hell of an uber gay spectacular!!!
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby menime123 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:37 pm

The problem with Geri is she became her own worst enemy - she took too long between projects and when she wasn't, she was over exposed. I mean, she was everywhere at one point then no where the next.

I get she went away and lived her life and her priorities changed, but she took a 4 year break because 2 singles from her 2nd album didn't go to #1, and then gave up on music all together because her 3rd album didn't sell and the second single from it only went top 20.

I suppose she was a popstar rather than an artist, but I always felt she could more than she did. She should have toured her second album when she was at her peak, around 2001. By the time she announced a tour in 2005, she had to scrap it because of poor sales - clearly thinking the 4 years wouldn't have made a difference.

Nevermind. I gave up hoping to see her performing solo live years ago. I did see her do a 3 song set from her 2nd album (the 3 singles) and I saw her front row on the Spice Girls reunion show, and I met (and hugged her) at a book signing back in 2009.

But yeah, when you can write songs as good as this, you have to wonder why she wasn't releasing them.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:37 pm

She was always my favourite solo Spice though. I've never really gelled with Mel C's solo work - too much of her voice which gets annoying after a while.

Victoria was my 2nd favourite solo spice - I love some of her songs, but she never had a clue what she was doing - she should have done a full on album with Tru Steppers and Ice Cream built on the sound from Out of Your Mind.

But VB was over exposed for years. It's only the last 5 years or so she faded away and made a new name via an actual career outside of the band.
menime123
Superstar

Postby WakeUpMusic » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:55 pm

:o :o :o :o :o
I just found out about this! The album is so fresh! I love me some Geri!
Welcome to the underworld
Where the love's at first sight
The kind that we like
Under, under, under, underworld
WakeUpMusic
Manager

Postby jaymez428 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:13 am

is there a way to download the album off youtube so that it can be put on my personal itunes library? not the most tech savvy here.
jaymez428
Roadie

Postby GetBack » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:30 am

Thanks for the update, I'm going to check it out! :D :D
GetBack
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Sat May 27, 2017 9:25 am

re-discovered 'Summertime' the other day.
What a gem. :cry:

so dry that tear in the sun
burn your skin, we've just begun.
a summer dream, yes my dear.
chilling shadows disappear
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby menime123 » Sat May 27, 2017 3:12 pm

Benjamin wrote:re-discovered 'Summertime' the other day.
What a gem. :cry:

so dry that tear in the sun
burn your skin, we've just begun.
a summer dream, yes my dear.
chilling shadows disappear
Her b-sides were bloody brilliant. I absolutely loved them back in the day and I can't listen to her albums without tagging them into the end.

Geri and Girls Aloud had the best b-sides. I miss noughties pop music :cry:
menime123
Superstar

Postby Fan » Sat May 27, 2017 3:53 pm

Her best b-side has to be G-A-Y. What did we do to deserve such an icon? :(
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Sun May 28, 2017 1:24 pm

She's popped a video up on social media of her doing scales with a vocal coach so there is SOMETHING in the wings.
What it is we do not know but another album from her would be divine.
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby menime123 » Sun May 28, 2017 10:09 pm

Geri singing one of her leaked songs on CBeebies to Elmo :lol:
menime123
Superstar

Postby menime123 » Sun May 28, 2017 10:12 pm

Her leaked 4th album is everything - easily her best yet. I still play it all the time :D

Love & Light is easily the best song she's ever written.

menime123
Superstar

Postby Fan » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:10 pm

So what are your top 10 Geri songs actually? Was listening to her back catalogue on the train this afternoon and she has so many good ones!

Mine would probably be:

01. Strength Of A Woman
02. Mi Chico Latino
03. Circles Round The Moon
04. Lift Me Up
05. Look At Me
06. Bag It Up
07. G-A-Y
08. Feel The Fear
09. Scream If You Wanna Go Faster
10. Ride It
Fan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:42 pm

Only 10? :o Can't do it - so I'll do a single ranking and top 10 album tracks :lol:

1. Desire
2. It's Raining Men
3. Bag It Up
4. Mi Chico Latino
5. Lift Me Up
6. Half of Me
7. Scream If You Wanna Go Faster
8. Ride It
9. Calling

1. Love and Light
2. Let Me Love You More
3. Man on The Mountain
4. Love Never Loved Me
5. Heaven and Hell (being Geri Halliwell)
6. Phenomenal Woman
7. So I Give Up On Love
8. Loving Me Back To Life
9. Let Me Love You
10. Circles Around The Moon

I already hate my top 10 :lol:
menime123
Superstar

Postby Fan » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:47 am

menime123 wrote:Only 10? :o Can't do it - so I'll do a single ranking and top 10 album tracks :lol:

Sorry :lol: :lol:
You don't like "Look At Me"?
Looking at your top 10 album tracks made me realise how many times Geri has used the word 'love' in her song titles.
Fan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:09 am

Fan wrote:
menime123 wrote:Only 10? :o Can't do it - so I'll do a single ranking and top 10 album tracks :lol:

Sorry :lol: :lol:
You don't like "Look At Me"?
Looking at your top 10 album tracks made me realise how many times Geri has used the word 'love' in her song titles.
Hells bells, my bad. She only has 9 UK singles and when I got to #9 I thought 'job done' :lol:

I'd rank 'Look At Me' as #5 after 'Mi Chico Latino' and push everything down one.

SIYWGF was my jam back in the day but it's aged terribly.
menime123
Superstar

Return to General Artists Discussion