Geri Halliwell

Moderators: tdc2000, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby menime123 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:15 am

New song!

Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby Benjamin » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:18 am

Sounds good. I also heard a snippet of another nee song ‘Hallelujah’ a while ago. That one sounded even better.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Ewokguy15 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:11 am

It's a bit dull like all of her more recent stuff. Doesn't she remember she is Ginger Spice . . . Where is the sass, where is the sex!!!!
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby Benjamin » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:20 am

Ewokguy15 wrote:It's a bit dull like all of her more recent stuff. Doesn't she remember she is Ginger Spice . . . Where is the sass, where is the sex!!!!
I think she's going for a more matured sound. Feel like she left the Ginger Spice days far behind her.

here's a snippet of 'Hallelujah'

Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Ewokguy15 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:29 am

Who wants that though!!!! Not me!!!!
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby menime123 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:18 pm

In fairness the leaked Man on The Mountain album is everything a Geri album should be.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby BlueScorpion » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:44 pm

Is she still releasing music after bombing hard with HOM ? No label will spend a dime on her.
BlueScorpion
Manager

Postby jaymez428 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:15 pm

I actually am enjoying the clips and new material. Does anyone happen to know where you can download a version of the unreleased album or half of me? I want to import to iTunes so i can play in my car but not sure where to find other than youtube.
jaymez428
Roadie

Postby menime123 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:13 pm

BlueScorpion wrote:Is she still releasing music after bombing hard with HOM ? No label will spend a dime on her.
Warner have signed her, so clearly they will spend money :wink:
menime123
Superstar

Postby BlueScorpion » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:21 pm

menime123 wrote:
BlueScorpion wrote:Is she still releasing music after bombing hard with HOM ? No label will spend a dime on her.
Don't get me wrong, I love her, but this latest single was a total bomb and there is no interest for her at all. She was SO good up until Passion.
BlueScorpion
Manager

Postby nympho » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:39 am

BlueScorpion wrote:
menime123 wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I love her, but this latest single was a total bomb and there is no interest for her at all. She was SO good up until Passion.
She bombed recently with ‘Angels in Chains’ too...
During AIC promo she talked about the leaked material and how her label told her to record new material and that she was working on new songs... But in a new interview published last week she said she has no plans for music right now and that she will focus on TV (she will co-host a new music show on BBC next year).

So it’s pretty obvious to me that either she was dropped after AIC missing the Top 200, or they both decided to stop the project...
nympho
Superstar

Postby BlueScorpion » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:52 am

Yeah, there is no one investing on a solo spice anymore. Victoria has her fashion business, Mel B is supposed to be releasing a new album for AGES and the songs she puts out are mediocre at best with zero impact. Emma stopped making music for as far as I know, though all her albums are good. Melanie C is the only one signed... by herself to her own label :lol:

I think Geri time as a music artist is over. She turned pop culture upside down with the Spice Girls and had amazing solo moments to treasure. I'm glad she's still around and will co-host a show for BBC.
BlueScorpion
Manager

Postby menime123 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:46 pm

I think there’s a market for Geri... but as a live act. She’s never done a solo tour but she could easy do smaller venues every now and then like Mel C. I don’t think Geri is aiming for chart success anymore, so I live in hope of new music. If anything she should do an official greatest hits album.
menime123
Superstar

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:15 pm

Geri was my favorite Spice Girl, she seemed to be the leader or the one that stood out the most to me, as a kid I always had the perception that she was the one with the biggest hype among them and the one that media followed the most when they were in the group ..... However as a solo act I think she was never great or anything, those #1 UK hits she got were due to her fame and whole leaving the Spice Girls scandal hype at the time and not because her albums and songs were particularly great, actually her debut album wasn't much of a big thing in sales, Mel C even put bigger solo albums.

I don't think Geri will ever have a solid solo career to be honest.
Last edited by MrLeonix on Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:33 pm

MrLeonix wrote:Geri was my favorite Spice Girl, she seemed to be the leader or the one that stood out the most to me, as a kid I always had the perception that she was the one with the biggest hype among them and the one that media followed the most when they were in the group ..... However as a solo act I think she was never great or anything, those #1 UK hits she got where due to her fame and whole leaving the Spice Girls scandal hype at the time and not because her albums and songs were particularly great, actually her debut album wasn't much of a big thing in sales, Mel C even put bigger solo albums.

I don't think Geri will ever have a solid solo career to be honest.
What? :lol:

Schizophonic was amazing - it’s everything the 3rd Spice Girl album should have been. Yes Mel C outsold it, but let’s not forget she was the ‘creditable’ one out of the 5 of them. Schizophonic sold double Forever and it’s double platinum in the UK. Geri was the media darling when she was solo, had 4 straight UK #1s and held the record for most #1s by a British female until Cheryl Cole got her 5th with I Don’t Care (which is quite nice - Geri was a judge on Popstars: The Rivals so helped discover her).Geri has the most solo #1s of the Spice Girls, the most solo top 10s and the biggest selling solo Spice single. She is also the only Spice Girl never to be dropped.

I agree she hasn’t much of a chance with a big chart career now, but Mel C manages to keep churning them out and selling tickets. Geri could do the same.
menime123
Superstar

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:47 pm

menime123 wrote:What? :lol:

Schizophonic was amazing - it’s everything the 3rd Spice Girl album should have been. Yes Mel C outsold it, but let’s not forget she was the ‘creditable’ one out of the 5 of them. Schizophonic sold double Forever and it’s double platinum in the UK. Geri was the media darling when she was solo, had 4 straight UK #1s and held the record for most #1s by a British female until Cheryl Cole got her 5th with I Don’t Care (which is quite nice - Geri was a judge on Popstars: The Rivals so helped discover her).Geri has the most solo #1s of the Spice Girls, the most solo top 10s and the biggest selling solo Spice single. She is also the only Spice Girl never to be dropped.

I agree she hasn’t much of a chance with a big chart career now, but Mel C manages to keep churning them out and selling tickets. Geri could do the same.
Cool stats, but I just don't think her music was that good, her other post-debut albums were even worse. I think with her debut she just had the hype at the time, at some point she seemed to be the biggest star of the group when they were still together like she was the Beyonce / Justin Timberlake of the group. I think she could have pulled what Bey and Justin did and have a respectable solo career if she had actually released great music, but obviously that dull music was set to burn out fast, she seemed really lost without the Spice Girls and didn't prove to be as "brilliant" or "good" as people expected her to be in the long run.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:52 pm

Well... it’s an opinion I suppose. Not a very good one, but an opinion nontheless :lol:
menime123
Superstar

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:01 pm

I will say that I quite like that Pop-Rock vibe of her much hated "Scream if you wanna go faster" single tho.
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:03 pm

MrLeonix wrote:I will say that I quite like that Pop-Rock vibe of her much hated "Scream if you wanna go faster" single tho.
There not too much to love about a song that’s about bulimia, in fairness. Except I stan hard for it 8-)
menime123
Superstar

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:06 pm

menime123 wrote:
MrLeonix wrote:I will say that I quite like that Pop-Rock vibe of her much hated "Scream if you wanna go faster" single tho.
There not too much to love about a song that’s about bulimia, in fairness. Except I stan hard for it 8-)
Hahaha .. Well I've noticed most hate that single and consider it among her worst. I personally like it :lol:
MrLeonix
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion