Rihanna

Moderators: tdc2000, Benjamin, stevyy

Postby Nippian93 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:12 pm

Last edited by Nippian93 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby samra » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:54 am

A LOOK.

These crowds for a makeup launch... mess.

This Fenty Beauty promo tour has me agitated.... ANTI deserved all of this. :cry:
Listen to my 2016 Eurovision Song Contest entry: MIRACLE
samra
Superstar

Postby samra » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:18 am

Can we agree this is actually kinda a chuuune.

samra
Superstar

Postby JJeffs » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:38 pm

JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby Nippian93 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:30 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:37 pm

I'm surprised this hasn't happened already.

Westbury New Road to become Rihanna Drive

Barbados' most famous daughter will soon have a lasting landmark named after her right in the neighbourhood where she grew up.

In a statement a short while ago, the Ministry of Tourism announced:

"The Government of Barbados will on Independence Day, Thursday 30th November, 2017 officially change the name of Westbury New Road located in St. Michael to Rihanna Drive in honour of Barbadian superstar Ms. Robyn Rihanna Fenty who grew up in Westbury New Road."

Prime Minister Freundel Stuart and Rihanna are scheduled to unveil the new signage at a two hour ceremony at Westbury New Road, from 3.00pm to 5.00pm on Independence Day. (PR)

http://www.nationnews.com/nationnews/ne ... anna-drive
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby samra » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:39 am

JSparksFan wrote:I'm surprised this hasn't happened already.

Westbury New Road to become Rihanna Drive
This is so cool! She eventually deserves to get a major public building named for her tbh :lol: 8-)

Going to Barbados and seeing Westbury Road has been on my bucket list for a few years now, hopefully I'll get to tick it off one day.
samra
Superstar

Postby samra » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:51 am

Rihanna Speaks at Vogue's Forces of Fashion Conference

Her first long interview in yeeeeaaaarrrrs, loved it! No info about music tho :cry: :cry:

I'd definitely recommend watching the whole thing. Some key tidbits:
- Her latest FentyxPuma show in New York a few weeks ago was her last but she'll be moving on to something bigger next. She's previously mentioned something big is coming next Spring.
- She initially started working on Fenty Beauty independently but decided to partner with Kendo. Inclusiveness is at the centre of the brand.
- She's excited about Ocean's 8 and enjoyed working on it. Her character is a hacker who loves Bob Marley and weed (so she's basically playing herself lol). The story revolves around them robbing the MET Ball.

ImageImageImage
samra
Superstar

Postby samra » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:00 pm

The Princess of China is coming for Egypt next:

RihannaDaily.com‏
@RihannaDaily
Thousands of years apart, two iconic women will finally meet in the pages of Vogue Arabia. #VogueArabiaXRihanna is coming soon
https://twitter.com/RihannaDaily/status/920240850663243776
^ There's a cool video there

ImageImage
samra
Superstar

Postby Noahh » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:28 pm

RIHANNA IS WORKING ON AN INSANE NEW ALBUM

We all love Rihanna’s business endeavors like Fenty Beauty or Fenty Puma but it all started with music. Rihanna hasn’t released an album since dropping multiplatinum ANTI in January 2016. It looks like she started working on new album as one of the songwriters confirmed he is now part of her writing camp. Speaking to Capital XTRA during 2017 MOBO Nominations, British singer Shakka said:

“She’s definitely coming out with new stuff. The songs that we heard in that session, in that writing camp, were insane. It was absolutely insane. So I’m looking forward to it. Hopefully a bunch of my tracks make the album too. I don’t even know the direction. You know what Rihanna’s like. You can’t anticipate anything. It’s just a bunch of different songs that are like ‘I didn’t think she would do that’ – it sounds sick.”

Rihanna once said she is always working on new music so it is no surprise to get such information. We are just very excited since it’s been almost two years since we got a full album from her.
http://rihanna-fenty.com/2017/10/18/rih ... new-album/
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby tyguy723 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:28 am

As much as I love ANTI and Rih's dominance by doing absolutely nothing to promote (at least at the beginning of the era), I would love her this next album to be another great POP album but like an evolution of the old pop she did like how she really held her own in the trap and R&B in the ANTI era...more of what ANTI did would be pointless imo because if its more of that she could have just promoted the album and release more singles from it :oops:

R9 will be brilliant regardless, I just love when artists change their sound up and still own their originality by doing so (i.e. Gaga from her old stuff to Joanne, obvi Rih wouldn't do a country-tinged album :lol: Hopefully I'm understood by this comparison)
tyguy723
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:58 am

tyguy723 wrote:R9 will be brilliant regardless, I just love when artists change their sound up and still own their originality by doing so (i.e. Gaga from her old stuff to Joanne, obvi Rih wouldn't do a country-tinged album :lol: Hopefully I'm understood by this comparison)
I understand, and completely agree. For me, a return to pop would be a perfect move, as I think she does pop music better than all her peers.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Simon89 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:07 am

I hope that R9 will be a great pop album with a little bit of dance like LOUD. I don't want another LOUD but I would like to listen something fresh and breezy :P
Simon89
Roadie

Postby Erotica » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:40 am

I hope for something more pop too
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:51 am

No more pop. The more urban, the more experimental, the better. I want her to grow off of ANTI.

Although a pop SMASH would be cute for a soundtrack/DJ feature though 8-)
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Noahh » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:50 am

A mixture of pop and urban would be perfect for me. But I don’t want her to go the safe pop route. I want her to go a more experimental route and play with songs structures and melodies.

I agree with ThaInfo1 that she needs to evolve even further from Anti.
"I got to do things my own way darling. Will you ever let me? Will you ever respect me? No!"

InstagramLast.fm
Noahh
Legend

Postby samra » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:30 pm

It's happening guys!!

Ultimate Rihanna ‏
@URihannaSite
Rihanna leaving Electric Lady Studios in NYC last night
SOURCE

R9 for first half of 2018 PLEASE!
samra
Superstar

Postby samra » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:35 pm

In other legendary news:

Rihanna Rules as No. 1 Artist In Pop Songs Chart's 25-Year History

After piling up record after record (musically and achievement-wise) on Billboard's Pop Songs radio airplay chart, Rihanna reigns as the No. 1 artist over the first 25 years of the survey, which began with the list dated Oct. 3, 1992.
Full Article: LINK
samra
Superstar

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:27 pm

I'm starting to thirst again. I need more music. Bless us SOON, Rih. :cry:
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Rihab » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:28 pm

ThaInfo1 wrote:I'm starting to thirst again. I need more music. Bless us SOON, Rih. :cry:
Same. I hope it‘s not for another lame collabo though. She‘s released way too many of them lately (excluding WT!).
Rihab
Legend

Postby JSparksFan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:36 am

samra wrote:In other legendary news:

Rihanna Rules as No. 1 Artist In Pop Songs Chart's 25-Year History

After piling up record after record (musically and achievement-wise) on Billboard's Pop Songs radio airplay chart, Rihanna reigns as the No. 1 artist over the first 25 years of the survey, which began with the list dated Oct. 3, 1992.
Full Article: LINK
Just as we were discussing whether she opt for something more pop- or R&B-leaning for R9. :lol: Come through, millennial pop queen!
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby Serby » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:08 am

Id hate her to go full rnb. Mah. Pop dance rnb is a mix to go.
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby Jesper » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:35 am

ThaInfo1 wrote:No more pop. The more urban, the more experimental, the better. I want her to grow off of ANTI.

Although a pop SMASH would be cute for a soundtrack/DJ feature though 8-)
!!!!!
Jesper
Legend

Postby abi » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:27 pm

Noahh wrote:A mixture of pop and urban would be perfect for me.
Yup yuppp. "Wild Thoughts", "Kiss It Better" and "Love On The Brain" are the perfect examples for me.
abi
Legend

Postby RayRay » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:47 pm

I'm here for some new dance tracks like Only Girl In The World and Don't Stop The Music.
RayRay
Superstar

Return to General Artists Discussion