Anastacia

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

 

Postby addiction_x » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:56 am

Image

In the latest interview superstar Anastacia has confirmed she's working on material, it will be definately out next year and it will packed with heavy guitars like her self acclaimed third album (Heavy Rotation was the style her label wanted her to go in, who she has now left).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StlhpfbgLVE

Update: I've changed it so all upcoming news and stuff can go in here
Last edited by addiction_x on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
addiction_x
Roadie
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008
Location: England

Postby candyman » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:53 am

I wish she could go back to Sony BMG!

I still can't believe what happened to her. She's been one of the most successful female pop singers in the first half ot the last decade. Her last European #1 smash with Eros Ramazzotti was even in 2006...but then long breaks and and a flop album in 2008. I hope she can be successful again but I doubt it.
User avatar
candyman
Legend
 
Posts: 14245
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006

Postby nekoocz » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:08 am

I don't know what to think about her ... :-?

1) she said about the Heavy Rotation that this is the sound SHE wanted to to, the pop/dancish style and the Anastacia album is full of her emotion after the battle with cancer, so it was with the guitar sound which expressed her feelings better ! Now she blames the label ... yes, the label who saw the success of the last album and would make her go different way ?

2) some time ago she said she would never start making her album without being signed ... and now she works on new album ?
nekoo.cz - follow me
User avatar
nekoocz
Legend
 
Posts: 13700
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007
Location: London now

Postby addiction_x » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:14 am

nekoo3372 wrote:I don't know what to think about her ... :-?

1) she said about the Heavy Rotation that this is the sound SHE wanted to to, the pop/dancish style and the Anastacia album is full of her emotion after the battle with cancer, so it was with the guitar sound which expressed her feelings better ! Now she blames the label ... yes, the label who saw the success of the last album and would make her go different way ?

2) some time ago she said she would never start making her album without being signed ... and now she works on new album ?
No she didn't say it was her choice. From near the beginning she started making comments that hinted it wasn't her (I don't feel the singles my label chose represent who I am etc...) and in 2010 she fully came out with the truth. She never claimed it was her idea or what she always wanted to do. She needed to talk about it in the way that she did to sell and she only said it's finally a happy album etc... It didn't work but never mind. She had planned another rocky album in 2007, 4 years after cancer, just before she changed, then suddenly came the RnB.

And point number 2, well her career hadn't almost disappeared back then, now it has and she desperately needs a new album out, I can understand her very well. :D
User avatar
addiction_x
Roadie
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008
Location: England

Postby nekoocz » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:22 am

I do not believe her ...
she was SO in love with Heavy Rotation, she was saying just the best about the album, she loved it is not guitar anymore, she loved that it was fun record ...

I think she blames the label just to not look stupid that the album with the sound she wanted to do flopped.
nekoo.cz - follow me
User avatar
nekoocz
Legend
 
Posts: 13700
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007
Location: London now

Postby candyman » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:03 pm

I'm listening to Heavy Rotation right now...thanks to this topic by the way.

Well, every singer says their latest album is the best. They have to because they want to sell it...

I think HR is not a bad album but definitely killed by wrong single choices and the fact the the first 2 were written or produced by Ne-Yo says it all. There must've been a contract or something that the first singles have to be his songs.

Something like that happened to Christina now. Her record label wanted her to record some songs by mainstream hit producers in the last minute but she says she's been inspired by Burlesque etc. and wanted to change the direction a bit. NMT flopped just like I Can Feel You.

I still BET The Way I See It (or Heavy Rotation, even I Call It Love) as the first single and Defeated as the second could've made wonders for the Heavy Rotation era.
User avatar
candyman
Legend
 
Posts: 14245
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006

Postby Loverboy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:13 pm

She never liked the album, she was giving excuses at the time, saying something like "Oh, I never thought I could do something so upbeat but I did it to try new things", a.k.a "my label forced me".
User avatar
Loverboy
Superstar
 
Posts: 7277
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008
Location: Portugal - Vila Nova de Gaia

Postby Dru4life » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:24 pm

Her third album was the best!!!!

Sick & Tired, Heavy on My Heart, Welcome To My Truth & Left Outside alone!

Such good tracks.

It all headed downwards after that.

Hope this new album is much better than H.R
"I can feel it when your holding me close

You're like your one of the world wonders

I know I’m going under..."
User avatar
Dru4life
Superstar
 
Posts: 9377
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009
Location: @ the G-Code

Postby addiction_x » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:04 pm

nekoo3372 wrote:I do not believe her ...
she was SO in love with Heavy Rotation, she was saying just the best about the album, she loved it is not guitar anymore, she loved that it was fun record ...

I think she blames the label just to not look stupid that the album with the sound she wanted to do flopped.
Well I think you should, she wouldn't be able to blame it on the label if it was her own decision. Even before she came out with it I had already heard that it was the labels influence, then she admitted it, so she's not lying. Although she does like a lot of the songs my point was the direction wasn't her choice and it's not an album she wants to repeat. She always spoke with such passion about her third album, the challenging vocals, the way her voice dances with the guitars, the energy and passion and creativity. And about Heavy Rotation? It's a happy album. And as I, and someone else said, she has to make out she loves it to prevent it from flopping.
User avatar
addiction_x
Roadie
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008
Location: England

Postby SOS7 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:04 pm

Shouldn't an album topic just be started, and not a new story one.
SOS7
Superstar
 
Posts: 5009
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010

Postby addiction_x » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:06 pm

The albums months away, I don't see the sense in it yet.
User avatar
addiction_x
Roadie
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008
Location: England

Postby nekoocz » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:01 pm

addiction_x wrote:The albums months away, I don't see the sense in it yet.
well, there are album topics made ages and ages before the album release :lol: and she said she is already recording ...

BTW one of the things which killed the album too were those "I am so desperate for attention" articles, like confessing about her age, not liking music etc ...
nekoo.cz - follow me
User avatar
nekoocz
Legend
 
Posts: 13700
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007
Location: London now

Postby xruex » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:07 pm

The age thing everyone knew about it already > it was the record companys idea . (Do you really think she's the only one ? Alot of female stars tell porkies about their age she just come clean about it which takes guts .
And the Hate music thing was made up by the good old UK press its so sweet how they try and bring someone down that has been through so much already .

I read the original artical and what she said was when she wants to relax she does not like to listen to music she prefers peace and quite .

So the press said she hated music ( I wonder how these people sleep at nights) And there are too many stupid people that believe what they read in papers.
:roll:
xruex
Groupie
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010

Postby addiction_x » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:10 pm

nekoo3372 wrote:
addiction_x wrote:The albums months away, I don't see the sense in it yet.
well, there are album topics made ages and ages before the album release :lol: and she said she is already recording ...

BTW one of the things which killed the album too were those "I am so desperate for attention" articles, like confessing about her age, not liking music etc ...
She confessed her age to get it off her chest, it isn't going to make people go wow we're going to buy your album, so it wasn't for attention.

The I don't like music thing was a lie, she even blogged about it...
User avatar
addiction_x
Roadie
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008
Location: England

Postby xruex » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:20 pm

True . I just wish all the rest would come clean about their age ( Alison Goldfrap won't even talk about it )
The I hate music thing was certainly below the belt from the press . And it must of hurt her alot that they twisted her words just to sell their rags .
Scum 8-)
xruex
Groupie
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010

Postby candyman » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:20 pm

addiction_x wrote:
She confessed her age to get it off her chest, it isn't going to make people go wow we're going to buy your album, so it wasn't for attention.

Of course nobody knows the real reason(s) for the confession of her real age (unless you're Anastacia or maybe her management) BUT it looked like she needed something desperately to get press, to be talked about because she has planned a musical comeback after a long break and unfortunately it didn't work in her favour. Age confession and especially her talks about botox.
User avatar
candyman
Legend
 
Posts: 14245
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006

Postby nekoocz » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:41 pm

candyman wrote:
addiction_x wrote:
She confessed her age to get it off her chest, it isn't going to make people go wow we're going to buy your album, so it wasn't for attention.

Of course nobody knows the real reason(s) for the confession of her real age (unless you're Anastacia or maybe her management) BUT it looked like she needed something desperately to get press, to be talked about because she has planned a musical comeback after a long break and unfortunately it didn't work in her favour. Age confession and especially her talks about botox.
she overused botox :-?
nekoo.cz - follow me
User avatar
nekoocz
Legend
 
Posts: 13700
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007
Location: London now

Postby xruex » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:31 pm

What a load of rubbish she changed record companys
and she and wanted to set the record straight .
You would have to be really stupid to use that as a way to sell ya new record .
xruex
Groupie
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010

Postby Merci » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:46 am

dead at her album thread on News & Gossip it's like Adele's 2nd album all over again :lol: :lol: :lol:

for me Anastacia was great until she released her greatest hits, when she came back, her singles were rubbish
I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
User avatar
Merci
Boss Matsumoto
 
Posts: 21620
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006
Location: Tidal.com

Postby addiction_x » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:39 pm

Anastacia will be on Loose Women tomorrow at 12.30. Hopefully she'll mention the new album!
User avatar
addiction_x
Roadie
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008
Location: England

Postby candyman » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:16 pm

A moderator can move this to pop, right?
User avatar
candyman
Legend
 
Posts: 14245
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006

Postby JoshuaBuzz » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:37 pm

She needs to collabo with the fat guy from Good Charlotte again to get herself another hit
Hater-bitch, we're taking you to the left.
User avatar
JoshuaBuzz
Legend
 
Posts: 10399
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008
Location: So when I see you, say "Hey, hey, hey daddy"

Postby nekoocz » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:41 pm

JoshuaBuzz wrote:She needs to collabo with the fat guy from Good Charlotte again to get herself another hit
you mean P.O.D ?
nekoo.cz - follow me
User avatar
nekoocz
Legend
 
Posts: 13700
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007
Location: London now

Postby Merci » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:50 pm

nekoo3372 wrote:
JoshuaBuzz wrote:She needs to collabo with the fat guy from Good Charlotte again to get herself another hit
you mean P.O.D ?
Ben Moody
I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
User avatar
Merci
Boss Matsumoto
 
Posts: 21620
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006
Location: Tidal.com

Postby nekoocz » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:10 pm

Merci wrote:
nekoo3372 wrote:
JoshuaBuzz wrote:She needs to collabo with the fat guy from Good Charlotte again to get herself another hit
you mean P.O.D ?
Ben Moody
1) Ben Moody is not from POD ... and Everything Hurts was not hit ...
2) the person wo produced "Left Outside Alone" as well as most of the album is Dallas Austin :wink:
nekoo.cz - follow me
User avatar
nekoocz
Legend
 
Posts: 13700
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007
Location: London now

Return to General Artists Discussion