Beyoncé

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin, bm08

 

Postby Hugo » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:04 pm

RayRay wrote:
This is incredible! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
It's kind of shitty when you know the source material lol

"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
User avatar
Hugo
HAL 9000
 
Posts: 40368
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009
Location: Portugal

Postby RayRay » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:07 pm

^ Why put this 19 year old boy down?
His voice is incredible.
User avatar
RayRay
Legend
 
Posts: 10948
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011
Location: Netherlands

Postby Hugo » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:10 pm

RayRay wrote:^ Why put this 19 year old boy down?
His voice is incredible.
As a fan of vocalists you should know when someone is trying to sing out of their range.

I detest these kind of over-the-top vocals you often see in singing competitions, especially when there's no resonance and it's struggling vocals galore.
Last edited by Hugo on Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
User avatar
Hugo
HAL 9000
 
Posts: 40368
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009
Location: Portugal

Postby DnBLover » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:13 pm

RayRay wrote:This is incredible! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
That was really awesome.
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
User avatar
DnBLover
Legend
 
Posts: 14168
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009
Location: PT

Postby DnBLover » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:16 pm

RayRay wrote:^ Why put this 19 year old boy down?
His voice is incredible.
Yeah leave the snobs partying with themselves.
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
User avatar
DnBLover
Legend
 
Posts: 14168
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009
Location: PT

Postby Hugo » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:17 pm

This is quality and creativity. She even did this before Beyoncé started experimenting with a slowed down CIL.



I hear feeling, I hear someone who's connected with the words being sung and isn't trying to push out random notes for forced climaxes, there's s a purpose to this kind of performance and cover.
Last edited by Hugo on Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
User avatar
Hugo
HAL 9000
 
Posts: 40368
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009
Location: Portugal

Postby TIfan » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:18 pm

Can't believe here we are with yet another trap song. She is really turning me off with this bullshit. Her verse was the best thing on it, but the song is horrible. Leave DJ KHALID, JZ, and FUTURE OFF OF YOUR NEXT ALBUM!!!
User avatar
TIfan
Legend
 
Posts: 11938
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008

Postby Hugo » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:24 pm

DnBLover wrote:
RayRay wrote:^ Why put this 19 year old boy down?
His voice is incredible.
Yeah leave the snobs partying with themselves.
My opinion shouldn't and doesn't take away someone else's enjoyment, it's just that, an opinion.

That Beyoncé version was meant to be sexy and somehow he sort of made it sound like another power-ballad.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
User avatar
Hugo
HAL 9000
 
Posts: 40368
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009
Location: Portugal

Postby KEY9481 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:35 pm

TIfan wrote:Can't believe here we are with yet another trap song. She is really turning me off with this bullshit. Her verse was the best thing on it, but the song is horrible. Leave DJ KHALID, JZ, and FUTURE OFF OF YOUR NEXT ALBUM!!!
But she's basically doing those songs for that purpose. Leaving them out of her own work :lol:
5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018
User avatar
KEY9481
Manager
 
Posts: 3820
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014

Postby ThaInfo1 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:46 pm

KEY9481 wrote:
TIfan wrote:Can't believe here we are with yet another trap song. She is really turning me off with this bullshit. Her verse was the best thing on it, but the song is horrible. Leave DJ KHALID, JZ, and FUTURE OFF OF YOUR NEXT ALBUM!!!
But she's basically doing those songs for that purpose. Leaving them out of her own work :lol:
TRUE!!! I was just thinking about that. All the pop and trendy stuff for her features. :lol: 8-)

I do want her to do something more soulful with a slayful performance of vocals. just a song or two even.
'SCAPE
User avatar
ThaInfo1
Legend
 
Posts: 22108
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006
Location: Wherever your fine daddy is at.

Postby KEY9481 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:48 pm

Posting this here.

Jay Z and Beyoncé are hosting a hot Oscar afterparty

Jay Z is giving Madonna a run for her money by throwing a starry, and until now, secret late night Oscar party in Hollywood

Word is spreading around Tinseltown that the hot late night Oscar party Sunday will be thrown by Jay and Beyoncé at the Chateau Marmont Hotel on Sunset Boulevard.

The Oscar winners traditionally head to the Vanity Fair Oscar Party after the show, then late into the night, a select few would be invited to Madonna’s exclusive bash thrown at Guy Oseary’s Hollywood Manson – where press is banned, the stars drink and dance, and the shoes come off (amongst other apparel).

But this year Jay, who is now moving into the filmmaking world, is coming to town to throw one of his legendary parties with his famous crew.

Sources exclusively told Page Six, “Jay has always wanted to throw an Oscar party, and now feels like the right time.”

Crews have been spied surreptitiously loading couches and sets into the parking garage of the Chateau Marmont for the last four days – and at Friday night’s Piaget party in honor of the Indie Spirit Awards, attended by Elizabeth Olsen and Michael B Jordan — Chateau party guests were wondering why on earth the parking garage was not just closed — but utterly blocked off from view.
https://pagesix.com/2018/03/03/jay-z-an ... =P6Twitter
5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018
User avatar
KEY9481
Manager
 
Posts: 3820
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014

Postby SummerPeur » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:50 pm

He did so well!!! Wish i had 1/4 of that voice.
How about you Get the F*** Out.
User avatar
SummerPeur
Legend
 
Posts: 10093
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Postby Guru » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:13 am

Hugo wrote:
DnBLover wrote:
RayRay wrote:^ Why put this 19 year old boy down?
His voice is incredible.
Yeah leave the snobs partying with themselves.
My opinion shouldn't and doesn't take away someone else's enjoyment, it's just that, an opinion.

That Beyoncé version was meant to be sexy and somehow he sort of made it sound like another power-ballad.
I prefer his version to Beyoncé’s. He just added that power ballad magic :wink:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
User avatar
Guru
Guru
 
Posts: 24707
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006
Location: On ukmix.org

Postby abi » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:12 am

That "Crazy in Love" rendition was cute. It's a typical performance to expect on a talent show. I hate how everyone in the audience was so overreacting though like, chill. :lol:
User avatar
abi
Legend
 
Posts: 32963
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007
Location: Indonesia

Postby spiritboy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:41 am

I hope she's not the hero Demi Lovato recorded a duet with :lol:
User avatar
spiritboy
Legend
 
Posts: 23710
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004
Location: Turkey

Postby robert989 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:46 am

Just watched shape of water and damit the king inspired it :lol:
User avatar
robert989
Superstar
 
Posts: 6590
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009

Postby Jesper » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:14 pm

I didn't really got a power ballad vibe from that Crazy In Love cover performance. It gave me James Arthur vibes, like how that guy would sing in his teens. He has a potentially great voice, but I don't think this is the song for him.
User avatar
Jesper
Legend
 
Posts: 24381
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009
Location: The Netherlands

Postby solitaire » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:51 pm

I agree with Guru on this. The rendition is superior to the original. Gives it the extra push that the song is missing.
One life with one dream on repeat
User avatar
solitaire
Manager
 
Posts: 2347
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013

Postby KEY9481 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:06 pm

But it's not a power ballad, it's a slowed down, sultry, sexy jam.
And if you want to give it the power ballad treatment, make sure you don't strained half the song just to be loud.
5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018
User avatar
KEY9481
Manager
 
Posts: 3820
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014

Postby DnBLover » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:51 pm

KEY9481 wrote:But it's not a power ballad, it's a slowed down, sultry, sexy jam.
It's actually how the hell he wants it to be. That is not a karaoke show.
Music is meant to be interpreted in each one's way.
I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room
User avatar
DnBLover
Legend
 
Posts: 14168
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009
Location: PT

Postby Hugo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:00 pm

So no one's allowed to say a cover sucks? OK.
"You are Beyoncé!"
"Thank You."
User avatar
Hugo
HAL 9000
 
Posts: 40368
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009
Location: Portugal

Postby solitaire » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:31 pm

Hugo wrote:So no one's allowed to say a cover sucks? OK.
You are allowed to. But in this case, your opinion doesn't come as something credible as anything Beyonce does you stan for. So of course, you would refuse to believe a cover is better than any of her originals. Just my 2 cents on this.
One life with one dream on repeat
User avatar
solitaire
Manager
 
Posts: 2347
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013

Postby Jesper » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:55 pm

DnBLover wrote:Music is meant to be interpreted in each one's way.
True, but it's not crazy that people would either need to get used to this or simply don't like his version. The song has been an uptempo modern classic for years, and was remixed to a sultry dark mid tempo only a few years ago. And let's be honest, this is the artist thread where mainly her fans come. Throw a cover of of Christina's Beautiful in christina’s artist thread, throw a cover of a Mariah song in mariah’s artist thread and I doubt you see loads of responses in a different kind of vein as the fans do here. :lol:

solitaire wrote:
Hugo wrote:So no one's allowed to say a cover sucks? OK.
You are allowed to. But in this case, your opinion doesn't come as something credible as anything Beyonce does you stan for. So of course, you would refuse to believe a cover is better than any of her originals. Just my 2 cents on this.
But who are you or anyone to say that someone's opinion is not credible though? (sorry i just hate the word credible when it comes to opinions) It's not even about refusing to believe something, because at the end of the day it is simply an opinion. And just like Hugo, I wasn't really feeling that cover at all.

Hugo also posted a cover that he liked, and told why he liked that cover and just doesn't like the other, so it's stupid to just debunk his opinion, just because he is known as 'stan'. :lol:
Last edited by Jesper on Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Jesper
Legend
 
Posts: 24381
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009
Location: The Netherlands

Postby Shayonce » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:45 am

yeah.. there's nothing really special or different about his performance..lol it was cute. that's all.
User avatar
Shayonce
Manager
 
Posts: 4376
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008

Postby solitaire » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:47 am

Jesper wrote:
solitaire wrote:
Hugo wrote:So no one's allowed to say a cover sucks? OK.
You are allowed to. But in this case, your opinion doesn't come as something credible as anything Beyonce does you stan for. So of course, you would refuse to believe a cover is better than any of her originals. Just my 2 cents on this.
But who are you or anyone to say that someone's opinion is not credible though? (sorry i just hate the word credible when it comes to opinions) It's not even about refusing to believe something, because at the end of the day it is simply an opinion. And just like Hugo, I wasn't really feeling that cover at all.

Hugo also posted a cover that he liked, and told why he liked that cover and just doesn't like the other, so it's stupid to just debunk his opinion, just because he is known as 'stan'. :lol:
Maybe credible was the wrong choice of word as opinions are just that, opinions. Let's say "biased". I think that fits my idea better.
You're definitely free to like/dislike anything, was not trying to negate that. I only think that stanning takes so much away from objectivity.
One life with one dream on repeat
User avatar
solitaire
Manager
 
Posts: 2347
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013

Return to General Artists Discussion