Christina Aguilera

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby greek_boy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:38 am

Nippian93 wrote:

:o This video will reach 200,000,000 views soon. YouTube is indeed huge in Latin America.
:o :o :o random
greek_boy
Legend

Postby greek_boy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:39 am

GetBack wrote:Her whole Stripped era is very underrated. I cannot believe MTV did not even nominate her other Stripped videos (apart from "The Voice Within" in 2004) in the VMAs!
TRUE!!!
greek_boy
Legend

Postby croatiaxtina » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:02 pm

greek_boy wrote:
GetBack wrote:Her whole Stripped era is very underrated. I cannot believe MTV did not even nominate her other Stripped videos (apart from "The Voice Within" in 2004) in the VMAs!
TRUE!!!
Dirrty was nominated too :wink:
croatiaxtina
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:27 pm

The ‘Stripped’ era is iconic and I love how it has influenced todays popgirls like Miley and Demi.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby menime123 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:04 pm

Benjamin wrote:The ‘Stripped’ era is iconic and I love how it has influenced todays popgirls like Miley and Demi.
True BUT... she’s better than a career with only 1 iconic era. Honestly, I’d call her a lazy popstar, but the ‘popstar’ part just isn’t true anymore :roll:
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby Guru » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:22 am

menime123 wrote:
Benjamin wrote:The ‘Stripped’ era is iconic and I love how it has influenced todays popgirls like Miley and Demi.
True BUT... she’s better than a career with only 1 iconic era. Honestly, I’d call her a lazy popstar, but the ‘popstar’ part just isn’t true anymore :roll:
IMO her first three eras were iconic; her debut proved she is the new generations vocal slay queen. Stripped solidified that status. And then her third album theme was a well calculated risk and different to what her peers were doing.
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Benjamin » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:38 am

Yeah, her debut is pretty iconic too - but I understand what menime123 is saying. There's so much more potential in her and her career.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby GetBack » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:09 am

What I didn't like about her during the time she released Stripped and Back to Basics was that she somewhat disowned her first album era, I guess it was because of the experiences from the conception of the album where she was not in control. I can still remember when she went here to Manila and paid the Christina Aguilera album dust! People expected her to sing some of the old songs but it was a 70% Back to Basics songs and the concert was quite dull for a casual fan. Then, for some random retrospective bug that hit her, she began embracing it during the Bionic era which was nostalgic but sadly, she was already forgotten by the masses. :cry: :cry: :cry:
GetBack
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:31 am

Guru wrote:
menime123 wrote:
IMO her first three eras were iconic; her debut proved she is the new generations vocal slay queen. Stripped solidified that status. And then her third album theme was a well calculated risk and different to what her peers were doing.
Her first album isn’t iconic though - it was pretty standard, run of the mill bubblegum stuff. Aside from her voice, there isn’t anything about that stands out and marked her a huge star. Aside from Genie, it’s a pretty forgettable era (I get it was huge in the US, but in the UK it wasn’t).

Stripped however was huge here and she showed some personality and star quality. Iconic.

BTB is my favourite Xtina album and despite the creative side of the entire project, and finding a way to stick with pop music in a very un-pop era was great. But nowadays it’s pretty forgettable outside of ANOM - which is the last time she had a top 10 hit here (outside of her features).

The last time she ever really had genuine success as a solo star was with BTB era and she must know it. I’m all for her taking time to have a life, figure out what she wants to say and raise her kids away from all the madness...

But she’s wasted the last decade really, as far as her career has gone.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby WakeUpMusic » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:35 pm

^ I don’t think her debut is forgettable at all. And neither is B2B - I actual think that out of the 3 singles from this album ANOM is the most forgettable one.

I do agree that she waste the last decade. Unfortunately I think it will very hard for her to have a successful comeback
Welcome to the underworld
Where the love's at first sight
The kind that we like
Under, under, under, underworld
WakeUpMusic
Manager

Postby menime123 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:50 pm

WakeUpMusic wrote:^ I don’t think her debut is forgettable at all. And neither is B2B - I actual think that out of the 3 singles from this album ANOM is the most forgettable one.

I do agree that she waste the last decade. Unfortunately I think it will very hard for her to have a successful comeback
Depends where you are in the world I suppose. For example, her first album was a US #1produced 3 US #1 singles. In the UK, it stalled at #14, produced just 1 UK #1 and ITTY was a certified flop (only #19).

If she hadn’t been an international act and had instead been a UK act, at the time an album at #14 and a flop at #19 would have almost certainly meant she’d have been dropped here.

So you know, it depends where you are I suppose when looking st her first album. Stripped however was huge here - Dirrty and Beautiful both gave her a UK #1.
menime123
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:54 pm

As for her debut I think it depends on where you live. I think it is mildly iconic in certain places while it is forgotten in some others. "Back to basics" was her last successful era and "Hurt" did become one of her signature songs in some specific markets (Austria, etc) while it is forgotten in others, but overall I do agree with menime123, its not really a much remembered era outside of her fanbase.

"Stripped" has the "Dirrty" / "Beautiful" / "Fighter" set which became a core in Xtina's career and among her most memorable songs and most remembered periods.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:17 pm

Other than:

Genie
Moulin Rouge
Dirrty
Beautiful
Fighter
Voice Within
ANOM

People might struggle to name more (her features aside). And really, the only ones I’d add to that list would probably be Candyman/WAGW.
menime123
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:07 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby ThaInfo1 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:34 am

I always though her husband is kinda ugly. Her ex husband looked better. :lol:
'SCAPE
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Ewokguy15 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:00 am

That’s not her Fiancée or Ex Husband
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby Benjamin » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:34 am

Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby solitaire » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:26 am

Pretty much a confirmation. Cool.
One life with one dream on repeat
solitaire
Manager

Postby GetBack » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:19 pm

I'm not interested in a Demi duet, I feel like it's so predictable for her to release a song with another big vocal singer. I am more interested in the solo stuff.
GetBack
Legend

Postby Jesper » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:35 pm

At this point I don't care, I even take it if she collabs with The Chainsmokers at this point, I just need new Christina already :lol:
Jesper
Legend

Postby Erotica » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:16 pm

I don't like Demi Lovato and don't need featuring anyway, so my interest in a song with her is kinda low
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:22 pm

Jesper wrote:At this point I don't care, I even take it if she collabs with The Chainsmokers at this point, I just need new Christina already :lol:
Same :D
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby RayRay » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:10 pm

Not a big fan of Demi, but a duet could be good.
RayRay
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:24 pm

A Demi Lovato duet is better than no music at all :)
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:10 pm

Legend X.
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Return to General Artists Discussion