Christina Aguilera

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

 

Postby Marchum » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:00 pm

I hope her health is okay. Sad that she doesn’t sound/look right.
User avatar
Marchum
Manager
 
Posts: 1871
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018
Location: Cali

Postby Ewokguy15 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:10 pm

Marchum wrote:I hope her health is okay. Sad that she doesn’t sound/look right.
Are you kidding? because she isn't stick thin she might not be healthy? she looks like a normal 37 year old woman.
User avatar
Ewokguy15
Superstar
 
Posts: 5337
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Postby adamf2thedeath » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:34 pm

jochen wrote:Thanks

What a shit song.
Damn am I old or what.hardly can't stand music this decade
We get it. You seem to hate her so why not just leave this thread.
Most listened to albums at the moment:
Christina Aguilera - Liberation
Lily Allen - No Shame
Kali Uchis - Isolation
User avatar
adamf2thedeath
Superstar
 
Posts: 5265
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014
Location: England

Postby menime123 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:55 pm

It’s a shame her label isn’t behind her more. I feel she seems to have 100% control, whereas her label could have really pushed some of the better songs to the front. I still can’t believe she came back with Accelerate and FIL when something like Deserve could have been huge for her.
NO MEN IN ME.
User avatar
menime123
Legend
 
Posts: 15229
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby Ewokguy15 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:16 pm

Yeah Deserve should have been the first single!, she really made a huge mistake there.
User avatar
Ewokguy15
Superstar
 
Posts: 5337
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Postby GetBack » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:14 am

menime123 wrote:It’s a shame her label isn’t behind her more. I feel she seems to have 100% control, whereas her label could have really pushed some of the better songs to the front. I still can’t believe she came back with Accelerate and FIL when something like Deserve could have been huge for her.
She is to blame for all of this. I doubt that the label is even bothered to be honest.
User avatar
GetBack
Legend
 
Posts: 30780
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010

Postby menime123 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:32 am

Well they aren’t, which is my point :lol:
NO MEN IN ME.
User avatar
menime123
Legend
 
Posts: 15229
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby adamf2thedeath » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:33 am

When liberation was released I was disappointed a little but I now really like it and listen to it more than I did when it was released in June. I love deserve so much as well as like I do, twice, accelerate, right moves and masochist.
Most listened to albums at the moment:
Christina Aguilera - Liberation
Lily Allen - No Shame
Kali Uchis - Isolation
User avatar
adamf2thedeath
Superstar
 
Posts: 5265
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014
Location: England

Postby BeltingBeliever » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:52 am

FIL is imo better than Deserve.

It's not her, it's just the Pop climate.

We have Eminem and JayZ who keep getting hits so many years into their careers but all the ladies suffer poor sales.
User avatar
BeltingBeliever
Roadie
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018

Postby croatiaxtina » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:57 am

At least we know she's gonna perform Unless It's With You on tour.

Yeah she should've release as singles:
1. Fall In Line
2. Deserve
3. Unless It's With You
4. Pipe/Twice
User avatar
croatiaxtina
Legend
 
Posts: 13105
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009

Postby adamf2thedeath » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:00 am

I would have really like to see her commit to one genre and give us a brilliantly executed album that stuck within a genres of RnB for example and had Deserve, like I do, pipe, accelerate, right moves etc. But with Maria and sick of sittin in there too it feels a lot less cohesive at times.
Most listened to albums at the moment:
Christina Aguilera - Liberation
Lily Allen - No Shame
Kali Uchis - Isolation
User avatar
adamf2thedeath
Superstar
 
Posts: 5265
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014
Location: England

Postby menime123 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:54 am

adamf2thedeath wrote:I would have really like to see her commit to one genre and give us a brilliantly executed album that stuck within a genres of RnB for example and had Deserve, like I do, pipe, accelerate, right moves etc. But with Maria and sick of sittin in there too it feels a lot less cohesive at times.
Yet instead she gave us a ‘best of all her unreleased albums’ album :lol:
NO MEN IN ME.
User avatar
menime123
Legend
 
Posts: 15229
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby GreekGeek » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:21 pm

menime123 wrote:Yet instead she gave us a ‘best of all her unreleased albums’ album :lol:
So true! :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3
User avatar
GreekGeek
Superstar
 
Posts: 9657
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013
Location: Greece

Postby Marchum » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:24 pm

Sick of Sitting is awful.

Maria, Deserve, Like I Do, Pipe, Accelerate are fire tho.
User avatar
Marchum
Manager
 
Posts: 1871
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018
Location: Cali

Postby Gravity » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:32 pm

Xtina was always diverse. I don't mind her giving us all these different sounds.

Sick Of Sittin' is epic.
Floped and localed
User avatar
Gravity
R&B Junkie
 
Posts: 10941
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016
Location: Luxurious Undergrind

Postby tyguy723 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:26 pm

Gravity wrote:Xtina was always diverse. I don't mind her giving us all these different sounds.

Sick Of Sittin' is epic.
Exactly!
User avatar
tyguy723
Manager
 
Posts: 3448
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015
Location: Michigan

Postby Erotica » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:52 pm

Sick of sittin is the highlight of the album.
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
User avatar
Erotica
Legend
 
Posts: 16698
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014
Location: Germany

Postby tyguy723 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:01 pm

Erotica wrote:Sick of sittin is the highlight of the album.
She really did snap on that track! It honestly sums up her feelings about the entire wait we had to endure as well as The Voice :P It's cheeky & edgy at the same time 8-)
User avatar
tyguy723
Manager
 
Posts: 3448
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015
Location: Michigan

Postby Ewokguy15 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:18 pm

tyguy723 wrote:
Erotica wrote:Sick of sittin is the highlight of the album.
She really did snap on that track! It honestly sums up her feelings about the entire wait we had to endure as well as The Voice :P It's cheeky & edgy at the same time 8-)
I have to be in the mood for that song but it is very well done, there aren’t many singers out there today that could pull a song like that off.
User avatar
Ewokguy15
Superstar
 
Posts: 5337
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Postby Marchum » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:31 pm

Ewokguy15 wrote:
tyguy723 wrote:
Erotica wrote:Sick of sittin is the highlight of the album.
She really did snap on that track! It honestly sums up her feelings about the entire wait we had to endure as well as The Voice :P It's cheeky & edgy at the same time 8-)
I have to be in the mood for that song but it is very well done, there aren’t many singers out there today that could pull a song like that off.
Thank god lol
User avatar
Marchum
Manager
 
Posts: 1871
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018
Location: Cali

Postby GetBack » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:52 am

"Sick of Sittin'" in her worst song ever. I can't believe how ungrateful she was by even dissing the show that kept her remembered. Just imagine how cocky she would have been if that song or this album became a hit. Looks like she really deserves her current placement in the industry today. :-? :-?
User avatar
GetBack
Legend
 
Posts: 30780
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010

Postby Jesper » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:22 am

Erotica wrote:Sick of sittin is the highlight of the album.
Agreed
User avatar
Jesper
Legend
 
Posts: 24706
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009
Location: The Netherlands

Postby Jesper » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:27 am

GetBack wrote:"Sick of Sittin'" in her worst song ever. I can't believe how ungrateful she was by even dissing the show that kept her remembered. Just imagine how cocky she would have been if that song or this album became a hit. Looks like she really deserves her current placement in the industry today. :-? :-?
She was not ungrateful and didn’t say anything bad, go away with those alternative facts, you keep repeative that she ‘dissed’ Them but all she did was being honest about her experience and she is right, at the end of the day the show is a vehicle for the coaches but doesn’t Bring any big career for any winner and the focus is not on the talent. Christina has stated since she signed on that she was there for the talent and left when she realised it wasn’t for her anymore, nothing wrong about that.

I rather have someone as honest as Christina than someone who stays pc just because she got a paycheck from them in the past
User avatar
Jesper
Legend
 
Posts: 24706
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009
Location: The Netherlands

Postby Ewokguy15 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:54 am

Jesper wrote:
GetBack wrote:"Sick of Sittin'" in her worst song ever. I can't believe how ungrateful she was by even dissing the show that kept her remembered. Just imagine how cocky she would have been if that song or this album became a hit. Looks like she really deserves her current placement in the industry today. :-? :-?
She was not ungrateful and didn’t say anything bad, go away with those alternative facts, you keep repeative that she ‘dissed’ Them but all she did was being honest about her experience and she is right, at the end of the day the show is a vehicle for the coaches but doesn’t Bring any big career for any winner and the focus is not on the talent. Christina has stated since she signed on that she was there for the talent and left when she realised it wasn’t for her anymore, nothing wrong about that.

I rather have someone as honest as Christina than someone who stays pc just because she got a paycheck from them in the past
The public has had this opinion for many years, she just acknowledged it.
User avatar
Ewokguy15
Superstar
 
Posts: 5337
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Postby tyguy723 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:28 pm

GetBack wrote:"Sick of Sittin'" in her worst song ever. I can't believe how ungrateful she was by even dissing the show that kept her remembered. Just imagine how cocky she would have been if that song or this album became a hit. Looks like she really deserves her current placement in the industry today. :-? :-?
:lol: okay but most people can identify she was right about the entire situation becoming more about the coaches than the singers and talent...it truly was a toxic part of her life she needed to identify and cut out. Sure it did it’s purpose early in the cycle, but like many things in the real world it didn’t last/stay the same forever...she isn’t a rude woman or anything, she’s observant and put her experience in the art :P

Edit* the good sis Jesper said it exactly lmao my phone wouldn’t load new posts :lol:
User avatar
tyguy723
Manager
 
Posts: 3448
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015
Location: Michigan

Return to General Artists Discussion