Christina Aguilera

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin, bm08

Postby discoloser » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:09 pm

Is she really gonna make people wait 4 years for another album when 'Bionic' only lasted a minute?
discoloser
Roadie

Postby IAmWill » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:13 pm

Ermmm, Im sure Not Myself Tonight trended at #1 on Twitter for longer than a minute... and yes probably to answer your question.
Beyhive #5491
IAmWill
Superstar

Postby jio » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:27 pm

discoloser wrote:Is she really gonna make people wait 4 years for another album when 'Bionic' only lasted a minute?
Em no... when singers flop, they release an album soon... look at...
Mariah She never released 3 studio albums in 3 years but she's about to do so because the first had mediocre sales and the second flopped (yeah I know the new one is a Christmas album but it will have 6 new songs and not just covers).
Janet: since her albums started flopping she releases an album every 2 years (I guess she gave up in 2010) which is half the time she was taking before
Britney:It took her 2 years to release Britney and four years to release Blackout but because the latter one flopped Circus came out just a year later
Usher:He was releasing an album every 3-4 years. Here I Stand was a semi-flop, the latest album came out in 2 years
jio
Legend

Postby greek_boy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:57 am

discoloser wrote:Is she really gonna make people wait 4 years for another album
Yes and i don't care because we're getting the Burlesque soundtrack in November(?). Besides, i enjoy listening to BIONIC :D
greek_boy
Legend

Postby AnnDroid » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:17 pm

jio wrote:
discoloser wrote:Is she really gonna make people wait 4 years for another album when 'Bionic' only lasted a minute?
Em no... when singers flop, they release an album soon... look at...
Britney:It took her 2 years to release Britney and four years to release Blackout but because the latter one flopped Circus came out just a year later
It didn't take her 4 years. Her record label cancelled her 2005/2006 album (The Original Doll).
Spears started recording it in late 2006.
And Blackout didn't flop. Selling 2.5 - 3 million copies and selling over 8 million singles is not a flop. And it wasn't promoted after the VMA disaster.
Circus came because after her breakdown, her team kept her busy recording and going to dance studios. Even her manager said that.
Maybe it flopped for Britney standards. Circus did too. Only its singles did well, but the album only sold 600k more than Blackout.

Going back to Bionic, I think that there will be a few more singles from the album.
AnnDroid
Superstar

Postby jpguy » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:49 am

I hope NOT but I am sure Christina won't release another studio album in the next 2 years - We have Burlesque, then I am sure she's gonna get pregnant, will fade away more than ever, her popularity will fall down like a rock :( and by 2012 we COULD expect an album when half the planet is gonna be destroyed according to the mayan predictions... so therefore, BIONIC is her last album we'll get to hear baby... lol ...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
::: Christina Aguilera - Liberation IS COMING 6.15.18 :::
jpguy
Legend

Postby greek_boy » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:12 am

jpguy wrote:
I hope NOT but I am sure Christina won't release another studio album in the next 2 years - We have Burlesque, then I am sure she's gonna get pregnant, will fade away more than ever, her popularity will fall down like a rock :( and by 2012 we COULD expect an album when half the planet is gonna be destroyed according to the mayan predictions... so therefore, BIONIC is her last album we'll get to hear baby... lol ...
:o calm down !!! :P :lol:
greek_boy
Legend

Postby MCC4Life » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:49 am

jpguy wrote:I hope NOT but I am sure Christina won't release another studio album in the next 2 years - We have Burlesque, then I am sure she's gonna get pregnant, will fade away more than ever, her popularity will fall down like a rock :( and by 2012 we COULD expect an album when half the planet is gonna be destroyed according to the mayan predictions... so therefore, BIONIC is her last album we'll get to hear baby... lol ...

:lol: :lol:

I saw some new pics and she kinda looked pregnant so who knows?! lol
Anyways, I hope she won't take a long time with the new album. I loved "Bionic" at first but to me it didn't have staying power.
If you don't get on the ride, you won't experience the adventure...
MCC4Life
Manager

Postby greek_boy » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:46 pm

Join the official Burlesque fb page!

http://www.facebook.com/burlesque
greek_boy
Legend

Postby greek_boy » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:45 pm

Christina among Yahoo! Music's Risqué Stars Through The Years

1. Cher
2. Rose McGowan
3. Lil' Kim
4. Madonna
5. Jennifer Lopez
6. Bjork
7. Christina Aguilera
8. Lady Gaga
9. Amy Winehouse
10. Miley Cyrus

During her 'Dirty' phase, Christina Aguilera enjoyed the freedom of bottomless chaps, and wasn't afraid to upset her more conservative critics by wearing similar burlesque numbers in her 'Stripped' tour of 2002. The period was a transitional time in Aguilera's music career, helping her to refine a unique musical style and detach herself from her Mickey Mouse Club beginnings.
http://au.launch.yahoo.com/galleries/ga ... 3/#gallery

8-)
greek_boy
Legend

Postby Brad » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:39 pm

The Voice Within used on The X Factor this week! :D
Brad
Winter Is Coming

Postby Brad » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:01 pm

RightToDream wrote:The Voice Within used on The X Factor this week! :D
+ Ain't No Other Man.
I can see her as a guest without a doubt.
Last edited by Brad on Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brad
Winter Is Coming

Postby summer » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:48 pm

greek_boy wrote:
jpguy wrote:
:o calm down !!! :P :lol:
summer
Superstar

Postby greek_boy » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:27 pm

RightToDream wrote:
RightToDream wrote:The Voice Within used on The X Factor this week! :D
+ Ain't No Ohter Man.
I can see her as a guest without a doubt.
and no rise on iTunes? :(
greek_boy
Legend

Postby IAmWill » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:15 am

If she isn't on X Factor this year then I will be shocked!
Beyhive #5491
IAmWill
Superstar

Postby croatiaxtina » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:07 pm

You can now pre-order The Burlesque Movie Soundtrack from Amazon - featuring Christina Aguilera! Click on the link below to reserve your copy!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0043K ... B0043KK4N6
croatiaxtina
Legend

Postby ShayLaB » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:33 pm

If she doesn't go on tour for 18 months there is no reason not to have a new album out for Xmas next year.

There seems to be a perception these days that an album every three/four years is the norm. In reality album-tour cycle is designed to maximise profits for all concerned.

Things have gone a bit astray this time round and I expect that artist and label will be keen to shorten that window substantially.
ShayLaB
Manager

Postby IAmWill » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:36 am

^Label - yes, artist - probably not. She always says she uses the tour to get inspired for the next album, no tour means she needs more time to get inspired :lol:
Beyhive #5491
IAmWill
Superstar

Postby jpguy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:16 am

She will always have my heart! she's the woman that changed my world! My saviour!! I never EVER will forget about my IDOL , My DIVA! I just can't live without her music
jpguy
Legend

Postby jpguy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:37 am

Image :cry: :cry: 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
jpguy
Legend

Postby croatiaxtina » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:37 am

jpguy wrote:She will always have my heart! she's the woman that changed my world! My saviour!! I never EVER will forget about my IDOL , My DIVA! I just can't live without her music
croatiaxtina
Legend

Postby sparkle80 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:55 am

ShayLaB wrote:If she doesn't go on tour for 18 months there is no reason not to have a new album out for Xmas next year.

There seems to be a perception these days that an album every three/four years is the norm. In reality album-tour cycle is designed to maximise profits for all concerned.

Things have gone a bit astray this time round and I expect that artist and label will be keen to shorten that window substantially.
Yep, I'm thinking more artist, especially "pop or mainstream acts", need to get back to releasing an album every 2 years, as it's difficult for the majority of them to keep your name out there during your down time.
sparkle80
Manager

Postby jpguy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:43 am

People are saying she might be preggers? OMG -
jpguy
Legend

Postby Oo567oO » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:47 am

People are saying she might be preggers? OMG -
Again? :o
Keep On Rockin'
Oo567oO
Manager

Postby croatiaxtina » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:40 am

omg!!!!!! she looks awful... :S what happend to her... she looks like she's 40!... awful hair, awful make up... and she's gettin fatter and fatter :S
Xtina c'mon...:S this is sad
croatiaxtina
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion