Girls Aloud

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby Shorty » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:07 am

Well, I know GA aren't doing anything at the moment, but here's a topic to randomly chat about them!

I miss them, and seriously want a new single and album soon! But if they do release something, I bet it'll be in 2011...

Also, whoa old school GA pic :lol:

I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby mattsky » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:20 am

I'm not really into pop/dance music but I love GA :lol: I don't even know why :lol:
Haven't been early since '88
mattsky
Superstar

Postby Fan » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:16 pm

That pic is really old school indeed :lol: Adore them, as everyone already knows I think!
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby sbk » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:17 pm

Wish Nadine and Cheryl would stop bothering with their solo projects.. it won't be as good as Girls Aloud anyway.

Tangled Up is my favorite era of them. Their best album, best singles, best single covers, best album cover(s), best font, best everything :lol:
sbk
Superstar

Postby Spartan » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:03 pm

Aww, you should have used this pic:

I miss them, The Saturdays have doen a more than sufficient job keep their seats warm though. But they needed this break, you could tell they were becoming tired and weren't enjoying being in the band as much as they used to.

Hopefully if (when) they reunite, they'll all be much cheerier. Their whole Out Of Control era might have given them their highest sales but musically it was one of their worst.

I wouldn't mind if they didn't reunite for another year - I'm dying to hear Nadine's solo material, and hopefully Cheryl can churn out something semi-decent this year.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Shorty » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:38 am

Two things:

I was watching GA's episode of Ghost Hunting the other day. Cheryl and Sarah are hilarious in it, especially the bit where Sarah tells Cheryl that she pissed off the ghost :lol:

And this morning I pulled my hair into a ponytail. When I looked in the mirror I saw that I'd pulled it over too far and as a result had a Nicola SOTU era styley side ponytail :lol: I kept it LOL.
I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby Cactuar » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:12 pm

sbk wrote:Wish Nadine and Cheryl would stop bothering with their solo projects.. it won't be as good as Girls Aloud anyway.
Exactly how I feel. :( It's like they're putting aside a chance to do some AMAZING songs merely for the spotlight.

I think Cheryl's "3 Words" was the only song on par with any Girls Aloud stompers.
Cactuar
Superstar

Postby RockTheBoat » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:04 pm

This is from today's Mirror, not sure what to make of it, or if it's just yet another rumour:

Sad news for Girls Aloud fans – it appears lead singer Nadine Coyle has ended that chapter in her life.

I hear the star is now referring to her time in the band as “the past” and has vowed never to perform as part of the chart-topping fivesome again.

My source reveals it’s a Whole Lotta History for Nads, 25: “Nadine’s moved on. She loved her time but feels lately things changed dramatically.

“She doesn’t intend to ­perform with them again and is openly telling pals she’s no longer part of the band. She talks about being with them in the past tense. It’s like a new chapter in her life is beginning – the future is her solo career.”

My sources say relations between Nadine and the girls have been far from happy in recent months. “They are not in touch at all,” says my mole.

“Nadine swears she’s tried to get in touch with them all but not heard anything back. They’ve grown apart. With the amount of animosity they have against her now it would be almost impossible for them to regroup. She has to make her solo career her ­priority.”

This week Nadine told me how excited she is about her work.

She said: “I have these ­visions when I think about being a popstar of watching a Diva’s Live concert in Vegas and seeing women in amazing long gowns singing their hearts out. The light show’s amazing, the band are tight and the backing singers are going crazy.

“That’s what my dream of being a singer was. It still is!”

She’ll do fine without the Girls!
Without Any Meaning / We're Just Skin & Bone / Like Beautiful Robots Dancing Alone.
RockTheBoat
Manager

Postby Cactuar » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:41 am

It's always "my source says" doesn't it? :roll: Never the subject.
Cactuar
Superstar

Postby t_dot » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:46 am

They better have an album out for next Christmas. :evil:
You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.
t_dot
Superstar

Postby Colin » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:51 am

I miss these bitches. :cry:
LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD
Colin
In The Zone

Postby Shorty » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:23 pm

Man I am SO sick of rumours! GA aren't getting back together, Nadine hates the rest of the band, the rest of the band hates Nadine, Cheryl and Nadine hate each other and never talk, Nadine asked for a reunion and was turned down... blah blah BLAH.

As GA fans, we put up with so much crap!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby Thriller » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:36 pm

I don't know if I care if they record together again now, it had to end one day and if they don't release anything else they disbanded on a high.
Thriller

Postby UKMusicLova » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:29 am

Thriller wrote:I don't know if I care if they record together again now, it had to end one day and if they don't release anything else they disbanded on a high.
I agree. I actually would go as far as saying that they don't need the group anymore.
Nadine and Cheryl are releasing music that sounds better than atleast 70% of GA's material (IMO) and Kimberly is doing Suck My Pop...Nicola is making a success of her make-up range and Sarah has the potential to be a very good actress. Girls Aloud had a good run, released some immense pop music and it would be nice to see them do another album one day but let the girls do their own thing for a while!
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby RockTheBoat » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:16 am

UKMusicLova wrote:Nadine and Cheryl are releasing music that sounds better than atleast 70% of GA's material (IMO)
Totally disagree with this.

IMO, Cheryl's music is quite bland compared to Girls Aloud. And as for Nadine, I love her debut, but think it's too early to tell if it's better or worse than GA. Whereas Girls Aloud have had some quality, innovative pop music over the years - thanks to Xenomania of course.

The longer it goes on, I'm thinking perhaps it is best for them to end on a high and just leave it be. I don't want (and the impression the girls themselves haven always given me) to carry on if they're not all 100% happy and their hearts aren't in it.
Without Any Meaning / We're Just Skin & Bone / Like Beautiful Robots Dancing Alone.
RockTheBoat
Manager

Postby Shorty » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:11 pm

If they are going to end it, I'd love for them to actually announce it!

I hate that they're leaving us all hanging, wondering whether there'll be another album or not, it's unfair to leave all their fans just waiting :-?

If there IS going to be another album it won't be till mid 2011 now cos of Cheryl and Nadine's albums coming out.

I'll always love GA the most, but I do genuinely love Cheryl's music. I haven't heard Nadine's single yet.
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby Fan » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:24 pm

As we share another hug and Cheryl thanks me for my support over the years, she insists: “There will be another Girls Aloud album.”

They’ve signed a deal for three more albums as a five-piece, even though Nadine Coyle, 25, is said be estranged from the group since moving to LA.

Cheryl explains: “Right now I have this album coming and Nadine is launching her first solo one. I like her single and I’m glad the fans want us back as that’s what we want too. We just don’t know when that will be yet.”
And thanks to X Factor, the girls are back in the iTunes top 300! #286 for I'll Stand By You at the moment.
Fan
Legend

Postby mattsky » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:31 pm

In really want another album. They sound great together. Their music is perfect 100% pop
Haven't been early since '88
mattsky
Superstar

Postby Spartan » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:42 pm

I really do miss their music but they needed a break - anyone who saw them on the OOC tour would agree at how tired they'd become as a band, and they even admitted that they were bored of one another.

They'll be back one day with a killer album (not another disastrous OOC effort).
Last edited by Spartan on Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Thriller » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:06 pm

^^ Drunk at 3:42 in the afternoon Peter? :lol:
Thriller

Postby Tom92 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:10 pm

I'd love to see another album from the 5 of them, and I dont really like them. I do think they're Britain's best Girlband.
Tom92
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:18 pm

Thriller wrote:^^ Drunk at 3:42 in the afternoon Peter? :lol:
OMG that's shockingly bad ... even for my standards. I'm ashamed to call myself an English student. I blame it on my passion for Girls Aloud.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Play » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:24 pm

Suddenly when i saw this topic name I thought, wow they would make great 1st act for Rihanna's LOUD world tour :o :lol:
Play
Legend

Postby Fan » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:57 pm

Aaaaaaaw, last night before Cheryl's performing of Promise This on the X Factor :D
Last edited by Fan on Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fan
Legend

Postby Spartan » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:00 pm

Now if only Nadine were there then it would've been perfect. Nice to see the other four together though.
Spartan
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion