Girls Aloud

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby Spartan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:40 pm

menime123 wrote:But I don’t really think there’s any real animosity between them all... they just aren’t friends. They’re work colleagues, so should they work together again I don’t see there being any issues.
I agree. The only two I feel like there’s some actual animosity between is Nadine and Nicola. It’s jusg a vibe I got throughout the whole Ten era.
Spartan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:41 pm

Well why would she? She isn’t signed to anyone, wasn’t nominated and isn’t a pop star anymore :cry: :lol:
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby Westen » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:33 pm

Spartan wrote:
menime123 wrote:But I don’t really think there’s any real animosity between them all... they just aren’t friends. They’re work colleagues, so should they work together again I don’t see there being any issues.
I agree. The only two I feel like there’s some actual animosity between is Nadine and Nicola. It’s jusg a vibe I got throughout the whole Ten era.
Nicola was really terrible when Nadine hugged her and she went to Kim and Cheryl. It was such a bitchy move.
Westen
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:36 pm

Westen wrote:
Spartan wrote:
Nicola was really terrible when Nadine hugged her and she went to Kim and Cheryl. It was such a bitchy move.
Actually, if you watch it again, you’ll see Nadine is reciprocating Nicola ‘hugging’ her, not the other way around. Nicola puts her hand on Nadine’s back before moving off:

Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby BehindBreakaway » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:41 pm

menime123 wrote:
Westen wrote:I think Nicola is the meanest one in the group. She's like Taylor Swift.

I think in the end Cheryl wasn't responsible for the end, i think she sided with Nicola and Kimberly who suddenly became the bitch one.

Sarah is slowly becoming my favorite one, she's like a puppy. Totally harmless. I really think she's the only one who really enjoyed it and took it as fun and not serious job. I love how unpredictable she was on stage, if she felt like belting she would belt, if she wanted to scream, she would scream, she wasn't scripted or trained :lol:

Back in the day Kim was my favorite, i still think she's probably the hottest member, i liked her curves and her sexy voice. But ever since she trashed Sarah and Nadine in her book I've been disliking her as a person.
None of them wanted the break except Nadine - yes Cheryl was on X Factor but it worked with the bands schedule. Nadine wanted to go solo and - being lead singer - rightly thought she could go out and make it on her own. But karma can be a bitch :lol:

l:
Exactly. Nadine forgets that she's the reason the break happened. She went about it the wrong way. Bringing her own manager to meetings was shady af.
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby Mikerocha » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:40 pm

Well, honestly, Cheryl had a solo single out with Will.I.Am. She had her gig on the X Factor. All solo work.
So why shouldn’t Nadine get her own solo manager and consider releasing her solo
Album? And after the hiatus, Cheryl had an album out in 4 months, so it clearly was in the plans.

I like them all, but it always felt like Chimola behaved “let’s do this” *nadine does the same* “how dare she?”
I'm ready to be loved and love the way I should
Life's about, life's about to get good
Mikerocha
Superstar

Postby joiPrince_JO » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:59 pm

So do they all hate each other now?
Girls' Generation
HyoYeonBritney Spears

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.
joiPrince_JO
Legend

Postby GetBack » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:01 pm

For some reason, I feel like discovering this girl group today! :D :D :D They were never big in Asia and I only know of "Fight for This Love" when Cheryl went solo! :oops: :oops: :oops:
GetBack
Legend

Postby Westen » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:31 pm

I still don't know how Cheryl managed to make a name of herself on the back of one or two singles :lol:

But she really had massive hype back in 2009. Remember that first week sales for FFTL. Oh my

Most people outside UK probably don't even know that she was part of girl band.
Westen
Legend

Postby Spartan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:11 pm

Cheryl made more of a name for herself as a celebrity than as a musician IMO.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Mikerocha » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:50 pm

Spartan wrote:Cheryl made more of a name for herself as a celebrity than as a musician IMO.
and serial marrying...
I'm ready to be loved and love the way I should
Life's about, life's about to get good
Mikerocha
Superstar

Postby Spartan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:51 pm

Mikerocha wrote:
Spartan wrote:Cheryl made more of a name for herself as a celebrity than as a musician IMO.
and serial marrying...
And awful tattoos.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Westen » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:53 pm

I know, but she literally became known over a night in parts of the world where GA were never known, and on the back of one or two hits. I know it's probably not big deal for you guys in UK and Ireland but for years I was the only one here knowing Girls Aloud and then BOOM, everyone knows who's Cheryl :lol:
Westen
Legend

Postby Westen » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:55 pm

Speaking of Cheryl, I think AML is her only good album. But they really made mistake by releasing UTS as 2nd single.

I still like most of her singles tho, Crazy Stupid Love was bop.
Westen
Legend

Postby menime123 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:17 pm

Mikerocha wrote:Well, honestly, Cheryl had a solo single out with Will.I.Am. She had her gig on the X Factor. All solo work.
So why shouldn’t Nadine get her own solo manager and consider releasing her solo
Album? And after the hiatus, Cheryl had an album out in 4 months, so it clearly was in the plans.

I like them all, but it always felt like Chimola behaved “let’s do this” *nadine does the same* “how dare she?”
It wasn’t like that at all.

Nadine hired her own manager and invited him to join Girls Aloud’s Out of Control tour, prompting the group to discuss a break - which all but Nicola were up for. They knew they were taking a break before the tour started, and whilst on tour Cheryl announced her solo plans because it’s hard to keep it a secret when she had to sign a solo record deal.

The band only announced their break at the end of their tour, but it was agreed before it even began. Cheryl decided she wasn’t ready to give up being a pop star and decided to simply follow Girls Aloud’s schedule - collect demos early in the year, tour early summer, record an album after the tour and the launch release an album in Q4.

Had Girls Aloud not gone on a break, she wouldn’t have recorded her 1st album and continued with the usual band schedule - which she did, just as a solo act. Clearly the schedule worked for her so why change it?

3 Words was more or less a collection of rejected tracks that had been shopped around the industry, with some new stuff from Will.I.Am and Taio Cruz. I think almost everyone would agree it sounds like it was put together rather quickly and the truth is, it was. But I love it.
menime123
Legend

Postby menime123 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:25 pm

Westen wrote:I still don't know how Cheryl managed to make a name of herself on the back of one or two singles :lol:

But she really had massive hype back in 2009. Remember that first week sales for FFTL. Oh my

Most people outside UK probably don't even know that she was part of girl band.
Well you know, Cheryl was a pop star for years before she went solo, and made a name for herself more so by becoming a WAG and XF judge.

But she constantly delivers imo as a solo star - FFTL sold a million copies in the UK, as did it’s parent album. As far as sales and success go, you don’t just come across numbers like that simply because you’re an XF judge - as poor Dannii Minogue :lol:
menime123
Legend

Postby Spartan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:27 pm

Dannii deserved more.
Spartan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:28 pm

Westen wrote:Speaking of Cheryl, I think AML is her only good album. But they really made mistake by releasing UTS as 2nd single.

I still like most of her singles tho, Crazy Stupid Love was bop.
I would agree to an extent, but I love the fact she went random and released UTS (I love it). I also think OH is a much better album than AML, but I generally believe her albums always improve. I know many think MLR was a bad move, but I find it more cohesive as a record: especially the second half where her vocals shine through.
menime123
Legend

Postby menime123 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:28 pm

Spartan wrote:Dannii deserved more.
She was having a fling with Simon and he still denied her a performing slot when she asked :lol:
menime123
Legend

Postby Spartan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:30 pm

menime123 wrote:
Spartan wrote:Dannii deserved more.
She was having a fling with Simon and he still denied her a performing slot when she asked :lol:
At least she got to sleep with Simon. Every girl’s dream.
Spartan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:34 pm

Yes and no. Being cheated on, forgiving her husband and then being cheated on again certainly helped her career, as did her XF platform. But you know, Cheryl was always the media darling prior to the XF.

I don’t think having malaria did anything in terms of her celebrity, but what it did do was allow her to live for the moment - which if anything, has damaged her celebrity somewhat along the way.

I think the fact she has 5 solo #1 singles across 4 albums (and out of only 10 solo singles) is pretty good going and can’t just be down to her celebrity - her ‘celebrity’ had certainly dwindled (along with XF ratings) with I Don’t Care.
menime123
Legend

Postby menime123 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:36 pm

Westen wrote:
I know, but she literally became known over a night in parts of the world where GA were never known, and on the back of one or two hits. I know it's probably not big deal for you guys in UK and Ireland but for years I was the only one here knowing Girls Aloud and then BOOM, everyone knows who's Cheryl :lol:
I remember that time, and she topped it off by flying to America for some ritual humiliation instead of global stardom :evil:
menime123
Legend

Postby Spartan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:36 pm

She did well to come back from toilet-gate. Though she was cleared of all charges, it could've been easy for her to potentially fade out of the spotlight.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Westen » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:43 pm

menime123 wrote:
Westen wrote:
I remember that time, and she topped it off by flying to America for some ritual humiliation instead of global stardom :evil:
Yeah i was sure she was gonna make it there and became global superstar, i still don't know what exactly happened. Was she fired?

I also remember Malaria, it was during that time when it was really dangerous.

Spartan wrote:She did well to come back from toilet-gate. Though she was cleared of all charges, it could've been easy for her to potentially fade out of the spotlight.
Give me tea on this :o
Westen
Legend

Postby menime123 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:00 pm

Spartan wrote:She did well to come back from toilet-gate. Though she was cleared of all charges, it could've been easy for her to potentially fade out of the spotlight.
She wasn’t cleared of all charges - she was guilty of assault but cleared of racially aggravated assault.
menime123
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion