Girls Aloud

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby menime123 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:03 pm

Westen wrote:
menime123 wrote:
Westen wrote:
Spartan wrote:Cheryl made more of a name for herself as a celebrity than as a musician IMO.
I know, but she literally became known over a night in parts of the world where GA were never known, and on the back of one or two hits. I know it's probably not big deal for you guys in UK and Ireland but for years I was the only one here knowing Girls Aloud and then BOOM, everyone knows who's Cheryl :lol:
I remember that time, and she topped it off by flying to America for some ritual humiliation instead of global stardom :evil:
Yeah i was sure she was gonna make it there and became global superstar, i still don't know what exactly happened. Was she fired?

I also remember Malaria, it was during that time when it was really dangerous.

Spartan wrote:She did well to come back from toilet-gate. Though she was cleared of all charges, it could've been easy for her to potentially fade out of the spotlight.
Give me tea on this :o
Simon fired her after 1 day of being a judge on XF:US.

Weeks after Girls Aloud won Popstars, Cheryl punched a black nightclub toilet attendant, who said Cheryl hit her and was racially abusive.

Cheryl admitted to assault but denied being racially abusive. She paid a fine and did community service. This was back in 2003, and as GA had only had 1 single, she could very easily have been fired from the group.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby Westen » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:10 pm

menime123 wrote:Simon fired her after 1 day of being a judge on XF:US.

Weeks after Girls Aloud won Popstars, Cheryl punched a black nightclub toilet attendant, who said Cheryl hit her and was racially abusive.

Cheryl admitted to assault but denied being racially abusive. She paid a fine and did community service. This was back in 2003, and as GA had only had 1 single, she could very easily have been fired from the group.
Oh that, I knew that already, i thought she had something more recent because you implied that her loose behavior hurt her brand in the end.

But why was she fired from XF? It was sudden.
Westen
Legend

Postby menime123 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:15 pm

Westen wrote:

Oh that, I knew that already, i thought she had something more recent because you implied that her loose behavior hurt her brand in the end.

Mainly because she turned up for work looking like this:

Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby thankfulforkelly » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:24 pm

Pretty sure it was 3 weeks and because the US audience had no clue who she was and didn't understand what she was saying :lol: and then that lead to her quitting the UK show for damaging her ego

Edit: Also Cheryl was literally the IT girl of 2008-2010, she eclipsed GA for sure just failed to have their longevity
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
thankfulforkelly
Manager

Postby menime123 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:37 pm

thankfulforkelly wrote:Pretty sure it was 3 weeks and because the US audience had no clue who she was and didn't understand what she was saying :lol: and then that lead to her quitting the UK show for damaging her ego

Edit: Also Cheryl was literally the IT girl of 2008-2010, she eclipsed GA for sure just failed to have their longevity
She only did 1 set of auditions. She did do the pre-show press launches though.
menime123
Legend

Postby Westen » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:38 pm

menime123 wrote:
Westen wrote:

Mainly because she turned up for work looking like this:

Well that's not bad, few years ago she was so skinny she didn't even look like herself
Westen
Legend

Postby menime123 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:14 pm

There was also claims the audience couldn’t understand her, and that she was nervous - but having worked with her Simon knew what he was getting. He himself has admitted he was wrong.

And she got paid her entire fee :lol:
menime123
Legend

Postby Spartan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:19 pm

Lucky her. Didn’t they put subtitles on her? Or was that Nuhdeen for something else?
Spartan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:22 pm

Spartan wrote:Lucky her. Didn’t they put subtitles on her? Or was that Nuhdeen for something else?
That’s Nurdeen when she’s in the UK. Cheryl didn’t have subtitles - I watched it then gave up after the first episode as she wasn’t in it anymore :lol:
menime123
Legend

Postby menime123 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:24 pm

All this recent GA talk makes me wanna dig out their ‘Dreams That Glitter’ book, then re-read Cheryl’s then finally read Kimberley’s.

With all Nurdeen’s recent press, I wouldn’t be surprised if she isn’t touting for a book. Might get more sales than streams :lol:
menime123
Legend

Postby Spartan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:25 pm

It wouldn’t be hard. Can’t imagine her tour has sold that well tbh.
Spartan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:28 pm

Spartan wrote:It wouldn’t be hard. Can’t imagine her tour has sold that well tbh.
Still can’t decide if I wanna go or not.
menime123
Legend

Postby menime123 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:29 pm

Well it’s not sold out, so I’ve time to decide :lol:
menime123
Legend

Postby Mikerocha » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:47 pm

menime123 wrote:All this recent GA talk makes me wanna dig out their ‘Dreams That Glitter’ book, then re-read Cheryl’s then finally read Kimberley’s.

With all Nurdeen’s recent press, I wouldn’t be surprised if she isn’t touting for a book. Might get more sales than streams :lol:
I hope she names the book “whos Kamburlay?”

I'm ready to be loved and love the way I should
Life's about, life's about to get good
Mikerocha
Superstar

Postby mattsky » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:45 am

The funny thing is that when the show appeared on TV people actually enjoyed Cheryl i! Getting rid of her was a big mistake!
Haven't been early since '88
mattsky
Superstar

Postby BehindBreakaway » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:00 am

She got really good reviews for her short stint on us x factor which makes it even worse how it went down.
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby ThaInfo1 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:56 am

mattsky wrote:The funny thing is that when the show appeared on TV people actually enjoyed Cheryl i! Getting rid of her was a big mistake!
True...this was supposed to be my girl's moment to crack the US and they took it away from her :evil:

Oh well, they got their payback. The only lasted like 3 seasons here and none of the winners are remembered. The only thing we got from US X-factor was Fifth Harmony and some awkward Britney gifs.
'SCAPE
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Spartan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:22 pm

BehindBreakaway wrote:She got really good reviews for her short stint on us x factor which makes it even worse how it went down.
Maybe it was a publicity stunt to get more sympathy for her. :lol:
Spartan
Legend

Postby BehindBreakaway » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:48 pm

Spartan wrote:
BehindBreakaway wrote:She got really good reviews for her short stint on us x factor which makes it even worse how it went down.
Maybe it was a publicity stunt to get more sympathy for her. :lol:
Genius if so haha
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby Mikerocha » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:07 pm

mattsky wrote:The funny thing is that when the show appeared on TV people actually enjoyed Cheryl i! Getting rid of her was a big mistake!
IT Was obvious Nicole Scherzinger wanted to be the judge and she was the one that got Cheryl fired just so she could take that seat.
Nicole wanted the X factor to launch her career.
I'm ready to be loved and love the way I should
Life's about, life's about to get good
Mikerocha
Superstar

Postby Spartan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:46 pm

Was Nicole liked in the US? I don’t recall her doing that well over there.
Spartan
Legend

Postby Jesper » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:12 pm

Nicole didn’t do anything, it was Simon and the producers playing games, at the end of the day XFactor USA didn’t really did much for either of them.
Both ladies most likely got promised golden days, but got screwed over when it came in convenient. It was not a secret that Cheryl never was a Nicole fan and the whole thing just added Some extra fuel to the fire, Simon knew what he was doing. It kept the gossip in the UK going on for years. The only thing the USA thing helped were the tabloids in the UK
Jesper
Legend

Postby Westen » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:19 pm

Jesper wrote:Nicole didn’t do anything, it was Simon and the producers playing games, at the end of the day XFactor USA didn’t really did much for either of them.
Both ladies most likely got promised golden days, but got screwed over when it came in convenient. It was not a secret that Cheryl never was a Nicole fan and the whole thing just added Some extra fuel to the fire, Simon knew what he was doing. It kept the gossip in the UK going on for years. The only thing the USA thing helped were the tabloids in the UK

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Westen
Legend

Postby Spartan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:22 pm

Ouch. Cheryl dragging poor Melody.

Kim agreeing that Nicole doesn’t stand out, she should watch her rendition of Phantom of the Opera and reassess her opinion then.
Spartan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:42 pm

Spartan wrote:Ouch. Cheryl dragging poor Melody.

Kim agreeing that Nicole doesn’t stand out, she should watch her rendition of Phantom of the Opera and reassess her opinion then.
POTO isn’t exactly bring a pop starburst though is it? Nicole can sing, but she hasn’t got the XF for me.

And I will always hate her for how she and Simon treat my poor Chezza. You don’t mess with northerners :lol:
menime123
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion