Girls Aloud

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin

 

Postby Westen » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:59 pm

I think Nicole really has talent and everything to be a huge pop star, but she went for it too fast and backlash ended her before she even began.
User avatar
Westen
Legend
 
Posts: 10774
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013

Postby menime123 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:25 pm

Westen wrote:I think Nicole really has talent and everything to be a huge pop star, but she went for it too fast and backlash ended her before she even began.
She is very talented, but she has had access to the hottest producers, the best platforms for promotion, a girl band era to build up a fan base and somehow still can’t cut it as a solo star. IMO she’s too fame hungry and jumps from project to project without trying to become an artist.

I mean, she was friends with Andrew Lloyd Webber and threw it aside in order to X Factor. She was getting daily standing ovations for starring in Cats on the west end, and refused to go to the US to revive it on Broadway so she could return to being a TV judge after saying she would do it in the US.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
User avatar
menime123
Legend
 
Posts: 12523
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby Jesper » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:43 am

menime123 wrote:
Westen wrote:I think Nicole really has talent and everything to be a huge pop star, but she went for it too fast and backlash ended her before she even began.
She is very talented, but she has had access to the hottest producers, the best platforms for promotion, a girl band era to build up a fan base and somehow still can’t cut it as a solo star. IMO she’s too fame hungry and jumps from project to project without trying to become an artist.

I mean, she was friends with Andrew Lloyd Webber and threw it aside in order to X Factor. She was getting daily standing ovations for starring in Cats on the west end, and refused to go to the US to revive it on Broadway so she could return to being a TV judge after saying she would do it in the US.
She is not fame hungry, as someone who has followed her since 2005 I know for a fact that she is very insecure and has troubles to find her way in how the business is and let her be advised by people who aren't always there for her interest.
When her solo career started Interscope released Whatever U Like to pop radio, while even in 2007 there was no way that song would randomly take off on pop radio formats on it's own and when that didn't work Interscope leaked songs like Baby Love to torrent sites and tracked which song did better to see what they should release as next single...I mean.
She is also still friends with Andrew lloyd Webber, she even sings an other re-recorded version of Memory for his Anniversary project. The woman is more days in the year on holiday or in the studio than she is in the limelight and that is for years now :lol:
I also still think the Cats US revival could have been good for her, but I guess she got convinced that XFactor is better for her commercial career. And I know that Nicole is everything but business savvy in any way, and most managers she had were the literal pits for her career. Also I never believed she 'stole' Cheryl's job or had secret conversations behind a curtain or whatever she wrote in that book, I feel it was already settled for a while. There were some dirty games played with Cheryl, and later during the recordings/editing and live shows also with nicole.

I do think though that Cheryl had the potential to be much bigger than she was as popstar but also every time rumours of a US try came out, they also ended up in nothing and I honestly wonder if Cheryl's heart was even in it to do it. I am still kinda pressed she never really tried harder in Europe and in extension the Australian market because i feel she could have been huge.
User avatar
Jesper
Legend
 
Posts: 23784
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009
Location: The Netherlands

Postby menime123 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:01 am

So Nicole is all innocent and naive? Pull the other one :lol:
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
User avatar
menime123
Legend
 
Posts: 12523
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby Jesper » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:39 am

menime123 wrote:So Nicole is all innocent and naive? Pull the other one :lol:
That's not what I am saying at all, but it is probably all a little more complicated than what we read and to just point fingers and be mad at an other popstar out of a few lines out of a book or tabloid etc. that is written to sell is also not the way to go. The truth is in the middle. That is also why I never got the whole feud :lol: it's a mess to begin with. But Nicole is naive when it comes to parts of industry and that has hurted her commercial career more than once
User avatar
Jesper
Legend
 
Posts: 23784
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009
Location: The Netherlands

Postby Spartan » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:05 pm

Ashley was the best memeber of PCD. What a babe.
User avatar
Spartan
Legend
 
Posts: 31587
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009

Postby BehindBreakaway » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:47 pm

Spartan wrote:Ashley was the best memeber of PCD. What a babe.
Yes!!!! She is and always will he the one I Stan
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
User avatar
BehindBreakaway
Manager
 
Posts: 2151
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016

Postby Spartan » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:48 pm

Her solo album was better than Nicole’s, plus she seems like a genuinely nice person.
User avatar
Spartan
Legend
 
Posts: 31587
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009

Postby Westen » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:55 pm

I knew there was a reason why i liked Sarah :lol:



Madonna or Kylie
Sarah: Madonna is the best.
Kim: Kylie
Nadine: Keyleeh
Nicola: Madonna
Cheyl : Kylie

Madonna is also Sarah's all time female idol 8-)
User avatar
Westen
Legend
 
Posts: 10774
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013

Postby Spartan » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:11 pm

Kayuhlie!
User avatar
Spartan
Legend
 
Posts: 31587
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009

Postby Westen » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:49 am

Can someone write all solo songs that were released under GA name?

Excluding obvious 2 solo tracks on both WWTS and Chemistry.
User avatar
Westen
Legend
 
Posts: 10774
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013

Postby Spartan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:30 pm

Westen wrote:Can someone write all solo songs that were released under GA name?

Excluding obvious 2 solo tracks on both WWTS and Chemistry.
How do you mean?
Do you mean Girls Aloud songs where only one member sings?
User avatar
Spartan
Legend
 
Posts: 31587
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009

Postby Westen » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:37 pm

Spartan wrote:
Westen wrote:Can someone write all solo songs that were released under GA name?

Excluding obvious 2 solo tracks on both WWTS and Chemistry.
How do you mean?
Do you mean Girls Aloud songs where only one member sings?
Yes

I'm asking because I think I only hear Kimberly one Loving is easy so I'm curious if others have solo songs like Nicola and Nadine on WWTS and Chemistry
User avatar
Westen
Legend
 
Posts: 10774
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013

Postby Spartan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:42 pm

Nadine sings on Loving Is East. From “one day we’re up” until the end of the first verse, and “sometimes love is not enough” line.

Not sure other than that. Is Black Jacks a Nadine only song?

The Crazy Life is pure Kim I think, and Crazy Fool is pure Chezza.
User avatar
Spartan
Legend
 
Posts: 31587
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009

Postby Westen » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:05 pm

Spartan wrote:Nadine sings on Loving Is East. From “one day we’re up” until the end of the first verse, and “sometimes love is not enough” line.

Not sure other than that. Is Black Jacks a Nadine only song?

The Crazy Life is pure Kim I think, and Crazy Fool is pure Chezza.
I was sure i only heard Kim in Loving is easy (and even History) :o

I think I hear Sarah the most in Black Jacks, i was about to ask if it was her solo song :lol:

I mostly can't figure out their voices on SOTU, it's impossible outside those 3 singles for me :lol:
User avatar
Westen
Legend
 
Posts: 10774
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013

Postby Spartan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:30 pm

I was just going by their live performance of Black Jacks from the Tabgled Up tour but, come to think of it, I think Cheryl features too.
User avatar
Spartan
Legend
 
Posts: 31587
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009

Postby menime123 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:33 pm

It isn’t perfect, but this website breaks down most of their lyrics by person.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
User avatar
menime123
Legend
 
Posts: 12523
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby Spartan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:40 pm

I had a quick skim. It seems like Forever and a Night is pure Chezza.
User avatar
Spartan
Legend
 
Posts: 31587
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009

Postby Westen » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:25 pm

Does anyone know where I can find scans of this singles box set book to read all this info about every single?

Image
User avatar
Westen
Legend
 
Posts: 10774
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013

Postby Mikerocha » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:16 am

The girls aloud media forum used to have it, but they closed down I think.
I'm ready to be loved and love the way I should
Life's about, life's about to get good
User avatar
Mikerocha
Superstar
 
Posts: 9185
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008
Location: All over the place

Postby menime123 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:44 am

Oh, I loved GAM.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
User avatar
menime123
Legend
 
Posts: 12523
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005

Postby Mikerocha » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:56 pm

Someone is trying to come for Nuhdeen’s weave as the Queen of Tesco.

Image
I'm ready to be loved and love the way I should
Life's about, life's about to get good
User avatar
Mikerocha
Superstar
 
Posts: 9185
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008
Location: All over the place

Postby Spartan » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:10 pm

I thought she was more of a Waitrose gal to be honest:
User avatar
Spartan
Legend
 
Posts: 31587
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009

Postby mattsky » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:44 pm

There's only one queen of Tesco!
Haven't been early since '88
User avatar
mattsky
Superstar
 
Posts: 8711
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009
Location: Khia's hood

Postby Spartan » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:36 pm

mattsky wrote:There's only one queen of Tesco!
At least Insatiable is in the Tesco bargain bin, Center Stage is nowehere to be seen.

In all seriousness, I loved Center Stage - Kim did a good job putting a spin on some of those musical standards.
User avatar
Spartan
Legend
 
Posts: 31587
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009

Return to General Artists Discussion