HIStory
10%
Invincible
10%
Other
No votes

Total votes : 39

Postby Washingtonian25 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:31 am

“Dangerous” is a masterpiece and my all time favorite album!
Washingtonian25
Manager

Postby menime123 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:09 am

Washingtonian25 wrote:“Dangerous” is a masterpiece and my all time favorite album!
It is easily his best album. But I miss the fun factor in his later work.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby Erotica » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:22 pm

I voted for Dangerous even though I listen to Bad meanwhile more.
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby BadMan125 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:06 am

I'm a '90s kid so I naturally would've picked Dangerous because it's really a masterpiece but Bad is one of those genius productions! So Bad it is.
"Crime is increasing
Trigger happy policing..."
-- Marvin Gaye ("Inner City Blues")
BadMan125
Legend

Postby BadMan125 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:01 am

Sony admits songs purported as MJ's in 2010's Michael as fake:
https://www.vibe.com/2018/08/sony-music-admits-to-releasing-fake-michael-jackson-songs/
"Crime is increasing
Trigger happy policing..."
-- Marvin Gaye ("Inner City Blues")
BadMan125
Legend

Postby Guru » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:25 am

BadMan125 wrote:Sony admits songs purported as MJ's in 2010's Michael as fake:
https://www.vibe.com/2018/08/sony-music-admits-to-releasing-fake-michael-jackson-songs/
In 2010, several songs were released that were said to be recorded by the late Michael Jackson. Four years later, one fan questioned the music’s validity, leading many to believe the music was fraudulent. Now, nearly three years after the scandal, Sony Music Entertainment has admitted to releasing and selling fake tunes by the late legend.

The fake songs reportedly appeared on the 2010 posthumous album Michael. The songs in question include: “Monster,” “Keep Your Head Up,” and “Breaking News.” In court documents obtained by Karen Civil, Vera Servoa – the fan who kickstarted the investigation into the fake MJ songs – filed a civil suit, accusing Jackson’s longtime friends Eddie Cascio, James Victor Porte, and his production company, Angelikson Productions LLC of creating and selling music through Sony and the Jackson estate.

Cascio and Porte initially claimed that the songs were recorded in Cascio’s basement in 2007. Serova and the Jackson family, contested those claims however. While the singles sounded similar to MJ’s sound, they said Michael never recorded them. Serova testified in the Los Angeles Superior Court that they were recorded by an impersonator named Jason Malachi.

Consequently, Sony Music Entertainment conceded in court, that it had released fake singles. It’s unclear if fans or Jackson’s estate will be awarded for the criminal behavior or whether there will be an monetary punishment for Sony.
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Mugen » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:09 pm

Now Sony is saying they didn't say that:

Articles published on Thursday claimed that Sony Music had “admitted” that three tracks on “Michael,” the 2010 Michael Jackson album released posthumously by Sony’s Epic Records, contained lead vocals that were not actually by Michael Jackson — an assertion that the company denied in a statement released late Friday morning.

“No one has conceded that Michael Jackson did not sing on the songs,” Sony Music said in a statement. “The hearing Tuesday was about whether the First Amendment protects Sony Music and the Estate and there has been no ruling on the issue of whose voice is on the recordings.”

The songs in question are “Breaking News,” “Monster” and “Keep Your Head Up,” which were released on “Michael,” the first album from a splashy ten-album 2010 deal between Jackson’s estate and Epic Records to complete and issue dozens of previously unreleased recordings by the singer. While the deal — which estimates at the time claimed could bring $250 million to the estate — called for the 10 albums to be released over the next seven years, just two have emerged, “Michael” and 2014’s “Xscape.”
While involved parties have claimed that the recordings were faked since they were first released in 2010, the court hearing stems from a 2014 class-action lawsuit brought by a fan, Vera Serova, against Sony Music; John Branca, a co-executor of the estate; MJJ Productions; Edward Cascia and James Porte, the songwriter/producers of the songs in question; and their production companies. According to the lawsuit, in November 2010 Sony stated “We have complete confidence in the results of our extensive research as well as the accounts of those who were in the studio with Michael that the vocals on the new album are his own.” Howard Weitzman, an attorney for Jackson’s estate, released a statement citing multiple engineers, musicians, vocal directors, executives and musicologists as concluding that the vocals were Jackson’s.

Among other issues, the lawsuit raises the question of whether people who purchased the album or songs “are entitled to a refund, in whole or in part, of the purchase price of the album ‘Michael’ and/or the songs.”

According to sources close to the situation, individuals who attended Tuesday’s court hearing seized upon a statement by an attorney for Jackson’s estate in which he said something to the effect of “even if the vocals weren’t Jackson’s” as proof that they were indeed faked. The sources insist that the attorney was speculating.

Whether or not the vocals are indeed Jackson’s was not the purpose of Tuesday’s hearing, but rather the album’s liner notes are protected by the First Amendment (particularly freedom of speech).

The notes read in part, “This album contains 9 previously unreleased vocal tracks performed by Michael Jackson. These tracks were recently completed using music from the original vocal tracks and music created by the credited producers.”
More to come…
https://variety.com/2018/biz/news/sony-music-has-not-conceded-that-vocals-on-michael-jackson-album-are-fake-1202916324/
Mugen
Personal Assistant

Postby AndiIversen » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:13 pm

Dangerous wins for me
AndiIversen
Legend

Postby menime123 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:33 pm

Admittedly the news has me playing Michael for the first time in years :lol:
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby AndiIversen » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:42 pm

UK:

National Portrait Gallery

On the Wall exhibit

https://www.npg.org.uk/whatson/michael-jackson-on-the-wall/exhibition/

they also sell a Catalogue:

AndiIversen
Legend

Postby RayRay » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:42 pm

menime123 wrote:Admittedly the news has me playing Michael for the first time in years :lol:
I only use Best Of Joy.
RayRay
Legend

Postby menime123 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:54 pm

RayRay wrote:
menime123 wrote:Admittedly the news has me playing Michael for the first time in years :lol:
I only use Best Of Joy.
I love that and Hold My Hand. Much Too Soon is pretty good too.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby Erotica » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:12 pm

I love I Can't make it another day
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby Guru » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:58 am

I see this true?

| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Nippian93 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:35 am

Happy Birthday :(
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Marchum » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:44 am

King!
Marchum
Manager

Postby jochen » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:29 pm

He turned 60 today

Gosh ....60!!!!
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
jochen
Manager

Postby Hype » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:55 pm

What’s this Mark Ronson Collab
CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.
Hype
Legend

Postby RayRay » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:21 pm

Hype wrote:What’s this Mark Ronson Collab
It's a remix/medley. You can listen to it on Spotify.
RayRay
Legend

Postby Mugen » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:22 pm

Last week, various reports emerged that lawyers for Sony Music Entertainment had admitted during a court hearing that three tracks from Michael Jackson’s posthumous 2010 album Michael were recorded by an impersonator. The hearing was part of a class action suit brought against Sony and the Jackson estate in 2014 by a fan named Vera Serova, who alleged that the songs “Breaking News,” “Monster,” and “Keep Your Head Up” were not recorded by Jackson. A subsequent statement from representatives for the Sony and the estate shortly thereafter denied those reports.

Facing rumors that the songs were fakes before the album was even released, both Sony and the estate hired “forensic musicologists” as well as former producers and engineers who had worked with Jackson, who verified the authenticity of the songs in November 2010. The album was then released in December 2010, containing the allegedly “faked” songs.

Today, three appeals court judges have ruled that Sony and the Jackson estate are exempt from the class action suit, according to court documents viewed by Pitchfork. The judges’ ruling states that because neither of those parties knew for certain whether or not the Jackson vocals were authentic, they cannot be held accountable under commercial speech and are protected under the First Amendment.

Serova’s lawsuit claims that the defendants—producer Eddie Cascio and his production company Angelikson Productions—deceived Sony into releasing illegitimate Michael Jackson songs. Cascio and Angelikson Productions are the only entities that would ostensibly know for certain whether the songs are fakes; they are still being sued by Serova.
https://pitchfork.com/news/michael-jackson-estate-and-sony-music-off-the-hook-in-impersonation-case/

Wow, victory for Sony and the estate, not so much for Eddie Cascio. :lol:
Mugen
Personal Assistant

Postby Marchum » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:01 pm

I don’t believe Sony is innocent either tho.
Marchum
Manager

Postby BlueScorpion » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:28 pm

Happy Bday to the King of Music.
You ain't gotta break down,
YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby Musicology » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:21 am

Hard to believe that Michael would have been 60 today but even harder to believe that he is no longer here. :(

Happy birthday Michael. I miss you. :cry:
Musicology
Groupie

Postby Guru » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:04 pm

King. Legend. He lives forever.
Guru
Guru

Postby Fidelio1985 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:19 pm

My fave EVER is BAD!
Special album in my opinion and my life's into it! Amazing!
What about Man in the mirror? A masterpiece song 8-)
Fidelio1985
Roadie

Return to General Artists Discussion