Katy Perry

Moderators: tdc2000, Wayne, Benjamin, stevyy

Is Katy Perry becoming an American Idol judge something you are excited about?

Yes, of course!
13%
No, definitely not!
43%
It won't do anything for her but I don't really care.
44%

Total votes : 75

Postby ThaInfo1 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:07 pm

I'm sure it's not gonna kill her career...but it's a very pointless move.

Unless she just at the point in her life where she wants to try something different. I will say she has a good personality for a show like this.
SEE.sza.RUN
ThaInfo1
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:27 pm

I like her personality so I may check a few episodes like I did with Jennifer Lopez years ago, I got bored soon, though.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:24 pm

Nicki Minaj Teams With Katy Perry For New Collaboration

EW confirms that the ladies have linked up for new song named ‘Swish Swish’ from Perry’s upcoming 4th studio album ‘Witness.’

The track, which is described as a “fun dance song,” has no specific release date beyond the June 9th arrival of the LP.

However, many are speculating that it could arrive sooner than expected. Especially in light of Onika’s Twitter tease moments ago:
NICKI MINAJ @NICKIMINAJ
1 1/2 #SwishSwishBish #NickiBBMAs

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2017/05/nicki ... aboration/
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:10 am

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:40 am

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Fri May 19, 2017 7:46 am

theArmy wrote:Career suicide alert

She's officially a judge on the comeback season of American Idol

:o :(
American idol is a Sunken Ship.

The voice is where its at!
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Fri May 19, 2017 8:02 am

I just heard SWISH SWISH.....

Horrible MESS!

What happened to her music?
3 singles in a row, all Pop drivel !
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:05 am

^ At least "Swish" is better than "Bon" but all 3 songs from this are we have heard so far are underwhelming :(.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Fri May 19, 2017 8:08 am

SmartIsNewSexy wrote:I just heard SWISH SWISH.....

Horrible MESS!

What r u talking about? I understand BA was amiss but SS is amazing 8-)
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby ThisTimeTommorow » Fri May 19, 2017 9:12 am

this sounds like an album track not Single Material
it's good though
Nicki's part is amazing
Until You Won Me Over
ThisTimeTommorow
Groupie

Postby Instinct » Fri May 19, 2017 10:16 am

I love the new song
Instinct
Manager

Postby Nippian93 » Fri May 19, 2017 10:07 pm

How the 2016 election affected Katy Perry and her new album
To say the 2016 presidential election changed the entire world is an understatement. The results — and continuing drama — have galvanized many, including Katy Perry. The superstar was a vocal supporter of Hillary Clinton and her campaign and readily admits that it is part of the transformation fans will see on her new album, Witness, out June 9.

“Now that I look at it, I was so grateful for the experience of the election to be able to find my voice and be able to test my voice,” says Perry. “There was a lot of noise about me taking a stand because I was a neutral girl for a while. I was okay when someone told me ‘Oh just shut up and sing.'”

In response to Clinton’s loss, Perry’s album includes the song “Bigger Than Me” which she says discusses “that something is happening that’s bigger than [Clinton]. Something’s happening bigger than me.” Perry adds that while Clinton was defeated by Donald Trump in the election, the loss is part of a larger battle.

“I don’t know when we’ll see the fruits of our labor. Yes, maybe at that moment she lost. But that might have been a battle and we’re looking at a war here. I think you have to think about long-term, long gain. I think it woke up a sleeping giant that was so petrified that is now getting its strength back and breathing and about to just slay! My friend DeRay [Mckessen, a prominent civil rights activist] says, ‘Don’t focus on the king — focus on the kingdom.’ The people are the ones that are going to change the situation — I really, really believe that.”

Apropos of her newfound voice, the first single off Witness was Perry’s most political song to date, “Chained to the Rhythm.” The song, which Perry worked on with Max Martin and Sia, and was written a week after Donald Trump won.

“I came into the room and it was like a week after the election and [Max and Sia] were somehow okay and I was definitely not okay. I couldn’t write a happy-go-lucky song. I wasn’t in that place but I also don’t want to preach to people because I’m not that person either. I want to empower people and lift people up.”
http://ew.com/music/2017/05/19/katy-per ... new-album/
Last edited by Nippian93 on Fri May 19, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby MrLeonix » Fri May 19, 2017 10:12 pm

^ Why do you post the same thing twice? You had already posted that video above.
Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . U2 . Radiohead . Lenny Kravitz . Led Zeppelin . Daft Punk . Oasis . Eminem . Metallica . Soda Stereo
MrLeonix
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Fri May 19, 2017 10:38 pm

‘American Idol’: Katy Perry To Pocket $15 Million
Katy Perry is to bag between 10 and 15 million dollars for her forthcoming run on ‘American Idol.’

On a mission to rescue her ‘Witness’ era from the racism scandal she faces, the vocalist is set to collect the meaty amount from producers who are keen to revamp the series on a ratings front.

‘Vanity Fair‘ reports:

ABC raised the 15-year franchise from the dead well before it was cold in its Fox grave, causing consternation both within the network and outside of it—especially after two of Idol’s most starry alumni, Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson, pointedly signed on to serve as judges on the next season of NBC’s The Voice instead of the undead series that made them famous. Clearly, Idol could use a big name both to shore up its judging panel and justify its quick return—and according to Entertainment Weekly, Idol had actually tried for years to sign Perry.

The publication adds…

Now that it finally has her, the network is allegedly offering her somewhere between $10 to $15 million.
http://thatgrapejuice.net/2017/05/ameri ... 5-million/
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby TIfan » Sat May 20, 2017 1:16 am

Get that money girl!!!
TIfan
Superstar

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Sat May 20, 2017 1:56 am

Mariah is still the highest paid judge in history with 18+ million.

Katy's contract is similar to britney and j.lo
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend

Postby careybling » Sat May 20, 2017 6:30 am

I might be alone on this but CTTR is still my favorite single from this era, so far. Swish Swish might be a close second tho but it's still not amazing.

Bon Appetit is a little catchy but the video... Gurl.

I think she can still deliver a solid album but what's with her live performances and style choices lately. :oops:
"So starry eyed
On the flowery hillside
Breathless and fervid
Amid the dandelions"
careybling
Manager

Postby jochen » Sat May 20, 2017 7:21 am

SmartIsNewSexy wrote:I just heard SWISH SWISH.....

Horrible MESS!

I love bon appetit and swish
Her best Songs to me
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
jochen
Manager

Postby PerKitty » Sat May 20, 2017 8:42 am

Sometimes the other destroying factor behind Katy's career is her feud with Taytay. I could be wrong but Swish Swish was doing great on Itunes until several news outlets online started saying that it was a diss track to Swift. I feel they didn't have to do that as it's already obvious but reading their articles may have dissuaded some people. Taylor Swift is an American sweetheart whereas Katy is seen as this feminista with a sassy mouth.
PerKitty
Roadie

Postby ThisTimeTommorow » Sat May 20, 2017 9:36 am

^^exactly
Gaga was flopping due to lack of promotion
but after SB she found her way
but With katy there's lot lot of promo
but she did okay with CTTR
nd her last two singles struggled to reach top10 on iTunes
something is definitely wrong here
Until You Won Me Over
ThisTimeTommorow
Groupie

Postby Nippian93 » Sun May 21, 2017 5:56 am

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Sun May 21, 2017 5:57 am

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby GetBack » Sun May 21, 2017 6:13 am

SmartIsNewSexy wrote:Mariah is still the highest paid judge in history with 18+ million.

Katy's contract is similar to britney and j.lo
It's not about the money, no one remembers Mariah as a judge and it did nothing to her career and Fox regretted having her and Nicki on the show. It's pretty much like her Glitter era (she signed a $80 million record deal, the highest at the time) but Virgin paid her to leave the label with a lot of money, something that even the richest person on earth will never be proud of.
GetBack
Legend

Postby SmartIsNewSexy » Sun May 21, 2017 8:31 am

PerKitty wrote:Sometimes the other destroying factor behind Katy's career is her feud with Taytay. I could be wrong but Swish Swish was doing great on Itunes until several news outlets online started saying that it was a diss track to Swift. I feel they didn't have to do that as it's already obvious but reading their articles may have dissuaded some people. Taylor Swift is an American sweetheart whereas Katy is seen as this feminista with a sassy mouth.
WHY does katy have a fued with Taylor swift?
I didnt know about this
SmartIsNewSexy
Legend

Postby KEY9481 » Sun May 21, 2017 8:39 am

SmartIsNewSexy wrote:
PerKitty wrote:Sometimes the other destroying factor behind Katy's career is her feud with Taytay. I could be wrong but Swish Swish was doing great on Itunes until several news outlets online started saying that it was a diss track to Swift. I feel they didn't have to do that as it's already obvious but reading their articles may have dissuaded some people. Taylor Swift is an American sweetheart whereas Katy is seen as this feminista with a sassy mouth.
WHY does katy have a fued with Taylor swift?
I didnt know about this
Some story about one stealing the dancers from the others.
5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016
KEY9481
Manager

Return to General Artists Discussion