Katy Perry

Moderators: tdc2000, stevyy, Benjamin

Is Katy Perry becoming an American Idol judge something you are excited about?

Yes, of course!
14%
No, definitely not!
43%
It won't do anything for her but I don't really care.
43%

Total votes : 81

Postby Bojan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:17 am

What the... :lol:
Bojan
Manager

Postby Nippian93 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:07 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Simon89 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:25 pm

Simon89
Roadie

Postby Bazmedia » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:49 pm

Ia Katy presenting the VMA's? Very disappointed with the Swish Swish, she has lost her touch in making great videos.
From this era CTTR video is slightly better.
Bazmedia
Manager

Postby jochen » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:45 am

Swish video is damn bad.
God its a huge disapointment
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
jochen
Manager

Postby GetBack » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:35 am

This is such an epic fail era for her, I mean, she continues to revolve around the Taylor Swift feud more than anything. Hosting the VMAs would be one last way to salvage this era by promoting her music but the fact that Taylor again is looking towards stealing the show which Katy is supposed to be the host is just a big mess. :-? :-?
GetBack
Legend

Postby jochen » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:37 am

GetBack wrote:This is such an epic fail era for her, I mean, she continues to revolve around the Taylor Swift feud more than anything. Hosting the VMAs would be one last way to salvage this era by promoting her music but the fact that Taylor again is looking towards stealing the show which Katy is supposed to be the host is just a big mess. :-? :-?
There is no taylor feud in the video
jochen
Manager

Postby Guru » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:10 am

jochen wrote:
GetBack wrote:This is such an epic fail era for her, I mean, she continues to revolve around the Taylor Swift feud more than anything. Hosting the VMAs would be one last way to salvage this era by promoting her music but the fact that Taylor again is looking towards stealing the show which Katy is supposed to be the host is just a big mess. :-? :-?
I'm not sure where Getback is coming up with all this but he seems to make up this feud in his head. How do you come in with a performer stealing the show from a presenter? Or vice versa? :lol: Evolve around the Taylor feud yet her massive viral video released 3 days ago has no relation to the feud? :lol:

Getback must be getting his 411 from ATRL :lol:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby jochen » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:45 am

Guru wrote:
jochen wrote:
I'm not sure where Getback is coming up with all this but he seems to make up this feud in his head. How do you come in with a performer stealing the show from a presenter? Or vice versa? :lol: Evolve around the Taylor feud yet her massive viral video released 3 days ago has no relation to the feud? :lol:

I dont understand a single word...lol

411 ? Atrl?
jochen
Manager

Postby Guru » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:41 am

jochen wrote:
Guru wrote:
jochen wrote:

I dont understand a single word...lol

411 ? Atrl?
411 = Information
ATRL = Forum where anything goes

:lol:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Nippian93 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:39 pm

^ ATRL = a madhouse for people betwen 8 and 13.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby jjavier1978 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:48 pm

6 years ago "Last Friday Night" reached #1 on Hot 100 & @katyperry became the first woman in the history has 5 #1 songs from one album.
Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

https://twitter.com/ZaynMChartsWW
jjavier1978
Superstar

Postby Lioha » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:53 pm

jjavier1978 wrote:6 years ago "Last Friday Night" reached #1 on Hot 100 & @katyperry became the first woman in the history has 5 #1 songs from one album.
Also the video is now at 987,880,786 views and is goin' to hit 1 billion in September.
Lioha
Manager

Postby spiritboy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:49 pm

Teenage Dream era was a fantastic one to witness. Prism could've been bigger if they chose right singles but they messed up as usual. Witness era? A big, fat mess. While the album is good, they've sabotaged it big time by releasing BA. It was probably Katy's doing.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby GreekGeek » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:27 pm

spiritboy wrote:Teenage Dream era was a fantastic one to witness. Prism could've been bigger if they chose right singles but they messed up as usual. Witness era? A big, fat mess. While the album is good, they've sabotaged it big time by releasing BA. It was probably Katy's doing.
You're right in everything!
If they had released "Walking On Air" and "Legendary Lovers" instead of the godawful "Birthday" and "This is How We Do", Prism would be a way bigger era.
WOA and LL were screaming HIT!!! :evil:
And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3
GreekGeek
Superstar

Postby croatiaxtina » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:43 pm

I rlly wonder who even thought that this Witness thing/era is a smart move?

CTTR was rlly good, one of my fav by her and her best after Teenage Dream song and I Kissed A Girl.
I rlly thought that album will sound similar to CTTR, while it turned out nothing sounds as CTTR and nothing good as that song.

Honestly I never expected anything from her, she's not rlly huge talent, but she was such a pop force over the years, so I expected this time lil bit more mature sound and rlly nice pop album. It would be great if it sounded like CTTR, great production, vibe...

Hopefully she'll be able to pull out next era with success and without all this insane acting.
croatiaxtina
Legend

Postby Guru » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:58 pm

Nippian93 wrote:^ ATRL = a madhouse for people betwen 8 and 13.
That too, yes :lol:
Guru
Guru

Postby cabanaboy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:01 pm

I think the swish swish video is awesome! It's like a movie. Nicki's part in the video is fire!
Dont you forget, You're caught in my Spiderweb.
cabanaboy
Superstar

Postby CanYouKeepUp » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:28 pm

Just a couple of points:

1. The album is starting to grow on me but overall it's definitely not as strong as Teenage Dream or Prism.

2. Whilst I don't think any of the singles deserve grammy awards, they do deserve to have been bigger hits than what they were. At LEAST top 10 for all three of them. I really love Bon Appetit and Swish Swish.

3. The Swish Swish vid is very messy compared to her previous videos. I actually think I prefer the terribly cheap lyric video more!

4. I still can't believe that Katy hasn't won a single Grammy award. She's had so many #1 hits and moreover, so many DESERVED #1 hits. She's also broken records. And I'm not saying that #1s automatically qualify you for a Grammy but she has produced QUALITY pop hits. It bothers me that for all the success it had the Teenage Dream album won nothing at the Grammys as well as hits like Firework, Roar and Dark Horse. Obviously it's to do with competition at the time but come on.
CanYouKeepUp
Manager

Postby Nippian93 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:19 pm

Hope she does great at the VMAs tonight.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby MusicRecords » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:46 pm

Apparently she's getting sued after a stagehand lost a toe in an accident :o :-?
MusicRecords
Superstar

Postby spiritboy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:53 pm

MusicRecords wrote:Apparently she's getting sued after a stagehand lost a toe in an accident :o :-?
Why? If he's gonna sue anyone, that should be the venue or MTV, not Katy. She's not responsible for technical faults.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:03 pm

So the owners of MV Stadium in Poland might sue Katy as it's forbidden to use the image of stadium for promotional purposes. :o

Mess :lol:
spiritboy
Legend

Postby PerKitty » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:20 pm

All I'm going to say is that there are lots of reasons for Katy's undoing. Some of them not her fault and some of them all her fault. But I'm surprised with Taylor's success. Most other female artists' singles have been Itunes disappointments but LWYMMD is a force to be reckoned with. One thing I know for sure is that Taylor has done a video that I've been waiting forever for Katy to do. A horror movie music video. Taylor as a zombie in this new video of hers has given her my attention. I've been waiting for Katy to make a Michael Jackson Thriller-inspired video but she keeps on making the same thing over and over. Katy's Prism album had promised a dark era but it turned out the same old stuff like Teenage Dream. I've always wanted Katy to do a grown up video, a serious or dark video but she keeps giving us comedies and cartoons. sighs.
PerKitty
Roadie

Postby jpguy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:35 pm

Katy was not even funny at the MTV VMAs, her job as a host sucked big time!
::: Shinin', shinin', just like a DIAMOND, blindin' blindin' :::
jpguy
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion