Sara Bareilles

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

Postby zs3088 » Fri May 29, 2015 11:08 am

That is why I thought so, I gave the link of that article in my last post :)

I would still wait for Sara conformation as this article is just a summary of her tweets and Instagram photos.

If she is actually releasing, I guess she is going to do so soon as the musical starts in August - that would be wise because it would be a great promo for her AND the musical. I guess.
zs3088
Roadie

Postby leoavalon » Fri May 29, 2015 7:03 pm

^ My bad I didn't open the link... :oops:

But I totally agree about the timing to release it. If this album will be released as a solo project (not only as a soundtrack with the cast singing the songs) it would be wise to release a week or two after the musical debut.

Maybe she'll get some Tonys! :D
leoavalon
Manager

Postby zs3088 » Sat May 30, 2015 6:09 pm

Yes, if musical ends up being great then Tony is definitely a possibility. :) I am very interested in reading the reviews once it starts.
zs3088
Roadie

Postby leoavalon » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:05 pm

^ Same here!

I've never seen the movie in which it's based on, but I'm sure the songs are great, I expect nothing but great songs from Sara. I hope the plot, the characters and the production are great too.
leoavalon
Manager

Postby zs3088 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:13 pm

I watched the movie few years ago, it is very good, I liked it a lot. I'm sure the songs will be great, I loved She Used To Be Mine she sang on tour.
zs3088
Roadie

Postby leoavalon » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:08 pm

I hadn't heard it! I loved it! :D

leoavalon
Manager

Postby leoavalon » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:14 pm

I've just realized that her lyrics are more than pop music can handle. Her lyrics will be much more appreciated in musicals. Hearing it and imagining the performance of it by a well rounded character on a stage... it gave me goose bumps.
leoavalon
Manager

Postby zs3088 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:08 pm

I agree, Sara is truly an amazing songwriter - Bright Lights and Cityscapes, Breathe Again, Anchors Away and Islands for example have so much depth for 1 love song. And sometimes she has a unique way of expressing herself - the lyrics:

Word came through in a letter,
One of us changing our minds.
You won't need to guess who
Since I usually do not send letters to me
That are mine

She is just great at storytelling and very creative - the way she came up with Fairytale for example, so clever.

To me she is far superior than Adele, both as a singer and a songwriter and it makes me sad that Sara doesn't have the same popularity as her. BUT she is respected among everyone and that also means a great deal - I was so shocked and pleased that she got nominated for Album of The Year. I feel her time is yet to come but even if it doesn't - you just know she will always be happy just singing to her loyal fans because to her it is all about the music.

I won't even get into her voice, it is just extraordinary - her cover Goodbye Yellow Brick Road gives me goosebumps and Chandelier for example has bigger meaning than Sia version thanks to her voice and guitar. I love the fact that she knows how to control her voice, she isn't showing off like Christina Aguilera and Jessie J who can be so annoying with exaggerating everything.

As you can see, I am a HUGE Sara fan, I could talk about her 24/7 - I have all of her songs, even rare ones that she has done over the years or as a featured artist. I got little carried away, sorry :)
zs3088
Roadie

Postby zs3088 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:24 pm

Here is a little more info on Sara's book, plus the book cover is also revealed:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/02/sa ... ver-reveal
zs3088
Roadie

Postby leoavalon » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:46 pm

zs3088 wrote:I agree, Sara is truly an amazing songwriter - Bright Lights and Cityscapes, Breathe Again, Anchors Away and Islands for example have so much depth for 1 love song. And sometimes she has a unique way of expressing herself - the lyrics:

Word came through in a letter,
One of us changing our minds.
You won't need to guess who
Since I usually do not send letters to me
That are mine

She is just great at storytelling and very creative - the way she came up with Fairytale for example, so clever.

To me she is far superior than Adele, both as a singer and a songwriter and it makes me sad that Sara doesn't have the same popularity as her. BUT she is respected among everyone and that also means a great deal - I was so shocked and pleased that she got nominated for Album of The Year. I feel her time is yet to come but even if it doesn't - you just know she will always be happy just singing to her loyal fans because to her it is all about the music.

I won't even get into her voice, it is just extraordinary - her cover Goodbye Yellow Brick Road gives me goosebumps and Chandelier for example has bigger meaning than Sia version thanks to her voice and guitar. I love the fact that she knows how to control her voice, she isn't showing off like Christina Aguilera and Jessie J who can be so annoying with exaggerating everything.

As you can see, I am a HUGE Sara fan, I could talk about her 24/7 - I have all of her songs, even rare ones that she has done over the years or as a featured artist. I got little carried away, sorry :)
hahaha Loved your testimony.

I'm also a huge fan of hers not only for the lyrics, but 'cause she's the whole package. Her voice control is beyond any girl in pop music right now.

And I love that all her albums are great. She's consistent and never delivered a bad work, like, NEVER. When I first heard Blessed I thought it was weak compared to her previous albums. But after listening to it again, and again... I started to notice the nuances in her lyrics... I felt emotional with Satellite Calls... was blown away with Hercules... I burst in tears with December... The album is brilliant.

About rarities, The Artists Den performances are some of my favorites of hers.
leoavalon
Manager

Postby GetBack » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:52 pm

I can't wait for her next album! :D :D
GetBack
Legend

Postby zs3088 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:10 pm

leoavalon wrote:hahaha Loved your testimony.

I'm also a huge fan of hers not only for the lyrics, but 'cause she's the whole package. Her voice control is beyond any girl in pop music right now.

And I love that all her albums are great. She's consistent and never delivered a bad work, like, NEVER. When I first heard Blessed I thought it was weak compared to her previous albums. But after listening to it again, and again... I started to notice the nuances in her lyrics... I felt emotional with Satellite Calls... was blown away with Hercules... I burst in tears with December... The album is brilliant.

About rarities, The Artists Den performances are some of my favorites of hers.
You are completely right about her work, she always delivers and whats more, sometimes her live performances are even better than studio versions. It is great how she often does renditions of her own songs, for example Come Around Soon which is more edgy with a guitar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5zJmbtjcG4

When it comes to Blessed, I instantly loved it :) Such a variety of the songs, lyrically and melody/production wise, even the bonus tracks are awesome, especially Parking Lot. I really think that album is her best one yet, she always ups her game.

I agree, Artist Den was awesome, again I loved the little changes she did with Many The Miles because all those little twists make her old songs sound fresh again.

I would LOVE to see her live, it would be a dream but she rarely moves from USA. She did say she would like to tour to Europe one day so hopefully I will manage to go and see her :)
zs3088
Roadie

Postby leoavalon » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:13 pm

zs3088 wrote:
You are completely right about her work, she always delivers and whats more, sometimes her live performances are even better than studio versions. It is great how she often does renditions of her own songs, for example Come Around Soon which is more edgy with a guitar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5zJmbtjcG4

When it comes to Blessed, I instantly loved it :) Such a variety of the songs, lyrically and melody/production wise, even the bonus tracks are awesome, especially Parking Lot. I really think that album is her best one yet, she always ups her game.

I agree, Artist Den was awesome, again I loved the little changes she did with Many The Miles because all those little twists make her old songs sound fresh again.

I would LOVE to see her live, it would be a dream but she rarely moves from USA. She did say she would like to tour to Europe one day so hopefully I will manage to go and see her :)
Yes to the new versions of her own songs. When I first heart this version of Come Around Soon I was on a bus with a headphone and started to mumble 'f*ck! f*ck that! for f*ck sake! f*ck! f*ck! f*ck!" and just after the song finished I noticed that some people were staring at me. LOL

I would DIE or KILL to go to her concert. we're doing a petition in Brazil for some producers to try to bring her someday... Both time I went to USA she wasn't on tour. :cry:
leoavalon
Manager

Postby zs3088 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:28 pm

Sara had a Google Hangout with 6 lucky fans yesterday and she talked about her musical, book and NEW ALBUM that will come out in NOVEMBER!!! I'm so happy about that!

Here are some things she mentioned that were posted on Sara's fan page:

Sara’s book ‘Sounds Like Me: My Life (So Far) in Song‘ will be released on October 6th. You can already preorder it. She will be doing a 2-week book tour in the US starting October 5th in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, San Francisco, New Jersey, Boston, Seattle, Portland… More details about the book tour will be announced soon.
Sara will also do an audiobook. She will be recording it in the next couple months. She wants to share the story from her own perspective. Sara’s musical Waitress is set to premiere on August 2nd at the American Repertory Theater in Boston. It will run until September 27th. Let’s hope it makes it to Broadway!

Sara went into the studio with Neal Avron who produced Kaleidoscope Heart with her to record a new album. The record will include a selection of songs from her musical Waitress. It will be released in November. There will be behind the scenes videos and album teasers coming out until the record is released.

If you are interested in watching the entire hangout, here is youtube link:
http://sarabfans.com/sounds-like-me-boo ... new-album/
zs3088
Roadie

Postby tyguy723 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:13 pm

zs3088 wrote:Sara had a Google Hangout with 6 lucky fans yesterday and she talked about her musical, book and NEW ALBUM that will come out in NOVEMBER!!! I'm so happy about that!

Here are some things she mentioned that were posted on Sara's fan page:

...Sara went into the studio with Neal Avron who produced Kaleidoscope Heart with her to record a new album. The record will include a selection of songs from her musical Waitress. It will be released in November. There will be behind the scenes videos and album teasers coming out until the record is released...
Well, I know what I'll be thankful for come November this year 8-)
tyguy723
Manager

Postby leoavalon » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:13 pm

SO Excited with this new project!!!
leoavalon
Manager

Postby zs3088 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:05 pm

Sara presented her musical, she sang a few songs and talked about it.

Here is the performance of She Used To Be Mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw4VVC5K9Yw
zs3088
Roadie

Postby tyguy723 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:34 pm

^beautiful song and performance! :cry: Go Sara! :D
tyguy723
Manager

Postby zs3088 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:55 pm

here is another performance by Sara called Take It From An Old Man. I presume that is her original song from the musical...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swTQh0Ffzhk
zs3088
Roadie

Postby leoavalon » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:23 pm

I'm absolutly in love with Waitress. It's a really really great album. I'm dying to see the musical!

[YouTube]http://youtu.be/nkgOQI8xGr4[/YouTube]
leoavalon
Manager

Postby Mikerocha » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:07 am

I'm seeing the musical in NY :D

Got tickets!
“B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!”

“I’m staying right here.”
Mikerocha
Superstar

Postby AndiIversen » Wed May 18, 2016 11:18 pm

Guess this hasn't been posted yet, she was nominated for a Tony award, Best original Score for Waitress. The show airs on June 12th
AndiIversen
Legend

Postby tyguy723 » Thu May 19, 2016 5:23 am

AndiIversen wrote:Guess this hasn't been posted yet, she was nominated for a Tony award, Best original Score for Waitress. The show airs on June 12th
:o I'm so proud of her! She's so dang talented and it's amazing when talent is recognized :D
tyguy723
Manager

Postby Christinamuse » Fri May 20, 2016 3:43 am

What a beautiful lady :D We love to see you so funny in this morning :D
https://www.instagram.com/p/BB-qphSDGCo/
Last edited by Christinamuse on Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.last.fm/user/Christinamuse
https://www.instagram.com/christinasinglove/

Music creates the feelings which you can't find in life
Christinamuse
Manager

Postby zs3088 » Fri May 20, 2016 9:20 am

AndiIversen wrote:Guess this hasn't been posted yet, she was nominated for a Tony award, Best original Score for Waitress. The show airs on June 12th
And not only that - here are all the nominations that Waitress received:

4 Tony Awards:
- Best Musical
- Best Original Score (Music and/or lyrics) written for the theater
- Best performance by an actress in a lading role in a musical
- Best Performance by the actor in a featured role in a musical

- 5 Drama Desk Awards
- Outstanding Musical,
- Outstanding Lyrics
- Outstanding Actress in a Musical,
- Outstanding Featured Actor in a Musical
- Outstanding Bokk of A Musical

4 Outer Critics Circle Awards
- Outstanding Musical,
- Outstanding New Score
-Outstanding Actress in a Musical
- Outstanding Featured Actor in a Musical

2 Drama League Awards
- Outstanding Production of a Broadway or Off-Broadway Musical
- Distinguished Performance Award

So that is total of 4 awards nominations just for Sara while she is of course important in 4 other mentioned nominations for Best Musical. I doubt it will win anything since everyone is talking about Hamilton but the fact that it has so many nominations is an amazing achievement for Sara.
zs3088
Roadie

Return to General Artists Discussion