Alexandra Burke

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

Postby UKMusicLova » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:25 pm

Discuss everything to do with British pop sensation, Alexandra Burke
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby UKMusicLova » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:27 pm

She's already started work on her 2nd album...

Alexandra Burke has revealed that her second album will involve more of an element of risk than her debut.

The singer, whose 'Start Without You' is currently number one on the UK singles chart, insisted that her confidence has grown since winning The X Factor in 2008, and that she plans to experiment with her sound on her next album.

"I’ve never been afraid to take risks and experiment," she told the Daily Star. "Even Simon [Cowell] can’t hold me back.

"A second album should not sound like the first one. I want to better myself and that takes hard work and time.

"My music has always been pop, but my voice is soulful. I want every genre of music in a blender: mix it together, the outcome is me."

Burke recently confirmed that she will release a special edition of her debut Overcome on November 29.
Alexandra Burke wrote: Studio ! Oh yes... 2nd album! Very exciting !! Xx about 20 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby crazycool » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:45 pm

I'd have much prefered a second album to be released over the "Overcome" re-release. But I guess her team really want to capitalise with an X Factor performance in order to promote something, so it's a re-release over the 2nd album which obviously can't be rushed to be made in time.

I love Alexandra, and she is definately the best thing to come out of X Factor for me. I'm hoping her second album is much more cohesive than "Overcome".
crazycool
Legend

Postby Charmbracelet » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:21 pm

I love Alexandra, seems like such a funny, warm person with a sense of her own identity, and can stick up for herself (I'm always reading stories about how she rebels against Simon :lol: :lol: )

I love her personality more than most of her music (Bad Boys excluded), and i'm excited to hear what her second album will bring, I want an album like TEOM from her, a mix of up-tempos and ballads that sound like a cohesive album!

Already at 3 #1's 8-) 8-) (Maybe 4 by the end of the year? Fingers crossed)
Charmbracelet
Superstar

Postby king_oxymoron » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:11 pm

It is no secret I love this woman. Again, would have preferred album 2 to be worked on and not a re-release, and I don't think they seem to be making all the right decisions with the career right now (they did amazingly up to ANL, in my opinion), but she can make ANYTHING work with her fantastic performance skills, really.
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby UKMusicLova » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:09 pm

Back in the studio with my girl @InaWroldsen - #Album2 ! .... Xx 13 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
Ina Wroldsen is the legend behind "Impossible".
Oh how I would kill for Alexandra to release a ballad like that!!! 8-)
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby king_oxymoron » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:59 pm

Really? She's behind most of the Saturdays stuff too! 'The sixth Saturday' they call her
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby Thriller » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:15 pm

Really anticipating the second album, another one who wishes we were getting it this year but hopefully it'll be worth the wait when it arrives.
Thriller

Postby Tom92 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 pm

I like Alexandra as a person, but her songs dont appeal to me tbh.

I think ''Broken Heels'' is her best single. Its like a British ''Single Ladies'' by Beyonce IMO.
Tom92
Legend

Postby GlennW04 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:52 pm

I can't wait for the tour!! 4th row seats!!! I'm making sure she sees me... and I might even throw my number up on stage :lol: :lol:
Beyoncé :: The Queen B :: The Legend :: Iconic

Syleena Johnson - Chapter V: Underrated :: OUT NOW
GlennW04
Manager

Postby NoAngels » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:27 pm

king_oxymoron wrote:Really? She's behind most of the Saturdays stuff too! 'The sixth Saturday' they call her
Oh yes! So I am kind of excited cuz she usually collaborates with Swedes, also, she is a gifted songwriter!
Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.
NoAngels
Superstar

Postby Cactuar » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:39 am

Oh my GOD I'm obsessed with her now. :o It took me so long to get over the bitterness from Diana leaving, but now I finally realize how amazing Alexandra is!

Brilliant album, superb singles, and a killer personality! She's so gorgeous too ever since she left the X Factor. :o
Cactuar
Superstar

Postby UKMusicLova » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:03 pm

She's been in New York working with a few producers and writers. Sandy Vee (who recently has worked on "Only Girl" and "Firework"), Autumn Rowe (Alexis Jordan - Happiness). Swizz Beats ( :o ) and Drake were also in the studio with her - possible collaboration? :o

And of course she is working with RedOne too.
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby Thriller » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:15 pm

A mix of all of those would just be amazing, I'd love to see Alexandra perform a version of "Happiness" actually.
Thriller

Postby MonaBlissa » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:27 pm

Thriller wrote:A mix of all of those would just be amazing, I'd love to see Alexandra perform a version of "Happiness" actually.
That would be awesome live!
MonaBlissa
Manager

Postby t_dot » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:30 pm

Thanks for the info Carly, cannot wait for her US debut!! :D

Swizz Beatz +++ 8-)
You owe it to yourself. Set the world on fire.
t_dot
Superstar

Postby UKMusicLova » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:10 pm

She's also been working with The Jugganauts (Man Down, Drummer Boy) :)
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby IAmWill » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:29 pm

I completely forgot i was going to see alex next month!! Cant wait :D
Beyhive #5491
IAmWill
Superstar

Postby SG1401 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:10 am

So when can we expect an album release from her then? Nov 2011?
SG1401
Superstar

Postby UKMusicLova » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:12 pm

*breathe Carly* Alexandra is one lucky girl
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby king_oxymoron » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:12 pm

JLS are four lucky boys! Well only two of them are bothered but they're lucky!
king_oxymoron
Lickin' On Both Sides

Postby Shadowplay » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:30 am

Just downloaded a string of good songs, too well produced to be demos, including a duet with Bruno Mars. There's enough material for an album, and it leaked last spring. What did it happen? There was a second album scheduled, then cancelled?
"Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"
Shadowplay
Manager

Postby Ska8er » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:14 pm

Shadowplay wrote:Just downloaded a string of good songs, too well produced to be demos, including a duet with Bruno Mars. There's enough material for an album, and it leaked last spring. What did it happen? There was a second album scheduled, then cancelled?
No they're just leftovers from the first album. She previously said that she recorded material worth of five albums so that means that she recorded more than 50 songs for the album! :wink:
Rest In Peace Lilly!
Ska8er
Legend

Postby Shadowplay » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:08 am

Ska8er wrote:
Shadowplay wrote:Just downloaded a string of good songs, too well produced to be demos, including a duet with Bruno Mars. There's enough material for an album, and it leaked last spring. What did it happen? There was a second album scheduled, then cancelled?
No they're just leftovers from the first album. She previously said that she recorded material worth of five albums so that means that she recorded more than 50 songs for the album! :wink:
well, some of them are very good!
"Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"
Shadowplay
Manager

Postby Thriller » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:13 pm

Yeah some of them like "The Map", "Before It Explodes", "For A Change", "Without Or Without You", "Starlight" and "The Music Sounds Better" are all good enough to be album tracks if not singles IMO!
Thriller

Return to General Artists Discussion