Bruno Mars

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin

 

Postby JJeffs » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:38 pm

I love that he went for an 80s throwback vibe and tried to get a more R&B sound back into the mainstream. He’s not the only one, but arguable the biggest and best shot at it. I thought Versace might be what breaks the ice at pop radio, but no dice. I’m so ready for R&B’s comeback to the mainstream.
User avatar
JJeffs
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016

Postby frrr » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:34 am

These guys, honestly they have no idea of whats going on lately, do they? :lol:

Paul: Are we being too hip for the room in not having Bruno Mars, who is a big Grammy favorite, who is obviously one of the biggest stars in the business and whose album [24K Magic] was top 10 for 33 weeks in a row? Are we being too clever?

Lenny: I guess we’ll find out. I just don’t think it’s his best work. Period.

Paul: His first album was up for Album of the Year. His second was not. It sounds like you’re saying this wasn’t strong enough creatively to put him back in the running.

Lenny: That’s what I think, yes.

Paul: What do you think of it being entered for Best R&B Album instead of Best Pop Vocal Album?

Lenny: I’ve never thought of him as an R&B artist.

Paul: It did well on the R&B charts, but he’s practically the definition of a pop artist.

Lenny: He’s a great pop artist—one of the best in the business. I don’t think this is his best work.
Sure, lets put SZA's Control and Harry Styles self-titled debut instead of Mars :lol:

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=309278
As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles
User avatar
frrr
Manager
 
Posts: 4895
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013
Location: Somewhere in Europe

Postby MikeTheDopeToast » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:29 am

Image
MikeTheDopeToast
Groupie
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017
Location: Malaysia/UK

Postby frrr » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:36 am

He didn't won anything at the MTV Ema's
As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles
User avatar
frrr
Manager
 
Posts: 4895
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013
Location: Somewhere in Europe

Postby Benjamin » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:49 am

^That promo pic is everything. I love the color scheme :)
User avatar
Benjamin
Kid At Heart
 
Posts: 57641
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005
Location: The Netherlands

Postby Jesper » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:17 am

frrr wrote:He didn't won anything at the MTV Ema's
Overall I found the nominations of this years EMAs a bit odd. I mean Taylor was put into every category, didn't won anything. Then we have Ariana Grande who is nominated for best artist, yet none of her music made any of the major categories? Bruno's major nomination was best live? So I am not surprised he didn't win. I think these gender neutral categories only will make it even vaguer and harder for artists to get awards.
User avatar
Jesper
Legend
 
Posts: 22460
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009
Location: The Netherlands

Postby frrr » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:04 pm

Jesper wrote:
frrr wrote:He didn't won anything at the MTV Ema's
Overall I found the nominations of this years EMAs a bit odd. I mean Taylor was put into every category, didn't won anything. Then we have Ariana Grande who is nominated for best artist, yet none of her music made any of the major categories? Bruno's major nomination was best live? So I am not surprised he didn't win. I think these gender neutral categories only will make it even vaguer and harder for artists to get awards.
When you have a category nominated Best Look at your award show, something must be wrong. At Best Song, Shawn Mendes won instead of Sheeran or Despacito, same goes for best artist :lol:. I agree with you and honestly, I just posted here because he was nominated, nothing else. I don't care about most award shows. The only exception is the Grammys and my interest on that will eventually fade away...
As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles
User avatar
frrr
Manager
 
Posts: 4895
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013
Location: Somewhere in Europe

Postby Jesper » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:12 pm

frrr wrote:
Jesper wrote:
frrr wrote:He didn't won anything at the MTV Ema's
Overall I found the nominations of this years EMAs a bit odd. I mean Taylor was put into every category, didn't won anything. Then we have Ariana Grande who is nominated for best artist, yet none of her music made any of the major categories? Bruno's major nomination was best live? So I am not surprised he didn't win. I think these gender neutral categories only will make it even vaguer and harder for artists to get awards.
When you have a category nominated Best Look at your award show, something must be wrong. At Best Song, Shawn Mendes won instead of Sheeran or Despacito, same goes for best artist :lol:. I agree with you and honestly, I just posted here because he was nominated, nothing else. I don't care about most award shows. The only exception is the Grammys and my interest on that will eventually fade away...
I also don't really care, but when I saw your reply, I thought I would look into it and it just surprised me how bad these categories were, like it didn't even make sense :lol:
User avatar
Jesper
Legend
 
Posts: 22460
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009
Location: The Netherlands

Postby abi » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:45 pm

I mean, last year the EMA's nominated The Weeknd's "Starboy" for Best Male Video or something days before the video was released. So there's that. :lol:
User avatar
abi
Legend
 
Posts: 31825
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007
Location: Indonesia

Postby frrr » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:47 am



Plus a song was registered written by Jill Scott called "Group Home" and performed by Mars
As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles
User avatar
frrr
Manager
 
Posts: 4895
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013
Location: Somewhere in Europe

Postby lia » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:50 pm

So bruno will be singing on group home, I want something new from Bruno, I don't want to wait til the 4th album to hear new music. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfIqq-yD8jM

I've been looking for this video, when UF was first born, crazy. He had a hit from the start.
Seven number ones on Billboard Hot 100 and fourteen top ten hits since 2010/ Bruno Mars.
lia
Superstar
 
Posts: 5180
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012

Postby frrr » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:28 pm

lia wrote:So bruno will be singing on group home, I want something new from Bruno, I don't want to wait til the 4th album to hear new music. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfIqq-yD8jM

I've been looking for this video, when UF was first born, crazy. He had a hit from the start.
He might finish the song with Skrillex in the meantime and make it a feature.

Such a cool version, thanks for sharing :wink:
As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles
User avatar
frrr
Manager
 
Posts: 4895
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013
Location: Somewhere in Europe

Postby Nippian93 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:20 pm

❤Whitney Houston
User avatar
Nippian93
Legend
 
Posts: 33207
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016

Postby frrr » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:35 pm

The mysterious production team Shampoo Press & Curl earns nods for Bruno Mars' '24K Magic'

Then there’s Fauntleroy, who also is nominated for co-writing the songs on “24K Magic.” The Inglewood native has written or sung on tracks by Sza, Rihanna, Jay-Z and others, but in the album credits, his name appears separately on tracks produced by Shampoo Press & Curl, which would seem to exclude him from membership.

We’ll find out soon enough. Mars likely will earn a trophy or two for the work. When he takes the stage with them, hopefully one will explain the genesis of their name.
http://beta.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-grammys-2018-nominations-live-the-mysterious-production-team-shampoo-1511887380-htmlstory.html
As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles
User avatar
frrr
Manager
 
Posts: 4895
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013
Location: Somewhere in Europe

Postby frrr » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:52 pm

Mars did a bunch of radio interviews due to the Apollo special and grammys. Sirus, Ryan Seacrest, breakfast club, elvis duran...
As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles
User avatar
frrr
Manager
 
Posts: 4895
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013
Location: Somewhere in Europe

Postby LittleLinda » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:36 pm

For my fellow German fans:
The "Live at the Apollo" special will be on RTL 2 tonight from 0:25-1:15.

Ridiculous time slot, but better than nothing, I guess.
User avatar
LittleLinda
Manager
 
Posts: 3710
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008
Location: Bavarian Exile, Germany

Postby frrr » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:45 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DpCDxoj_Xg

Didn't even leak during the entire year footage
As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles
User avatar
frrr
Manager
 
Posts: 4895
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013
Location: Somewhere in Europe

Postby abi » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:29 pm



What. :o :o
User avatar
abi
Legend
 
Posts: 31825
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007
Location: Indonesia

Postby Benjamin » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:06 pm

Soundtrack single maybe? He could be on the soundtrack of the new 50 Shades movie.
Could explain why he didn't properly release a 4th single from '24k Magic' in US.
User avatar
Benjamin
Kid At Heart
 
Posts: 57641
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005
Location: The Netherlands

Postby Madelinefs » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:10 pm

:o :o
My money is on Skrillex collab. :wink:
User avatar
Madelinefs
Manager
 
Posts: 2843
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013

Postby Benjamin » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:12 pm

^ Wait.. what? Did he collab with Skrillex? :D :D
User avatar
Benjamin
Kid At Heart
 
Posts: 57641
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005
Location: The Netherlands

Postby Benjamin » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:14 pm

Or maybe he's releasing 'Chunky' remix featuring Ed Sheeran and Beyoncé :lol:
User avatar
Benjamin
Kid At Heart
 
Posts: 57641
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005
Location: The Netherlands

Postby frrr » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:37 pm

Benjamin wrote:Soundtrack single maybe? He could be on the soundtrack of the new 50 Shades movie.
Could explain why he didn't properly release a 4th single from '24k Magic' in US.
No idea, but Aus got Chunky.

Madelinefs wrote::o :o
My money is on Skrillex collab. :wink:
YES at least that :D

Benjamin wrote:Or maybe he's releasing 'Chunky' remix featuring Ed Sheeran and Beyoncé :lol:
:lol: :lol:
As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles
User avatar
frrr
Manager
 
Posts: 4895
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013
Location: Somewhere in Europe

Postby Madelinefs » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:49 pm

Benjamin wrote:^ Wait.. what? Did he collab with Skrillex? :D :D
yeah... it suppossed to be the 10th track on 24k Magic, but apparently it brunski head it wasn't finished. Skrillex played it to a DJ and he loved it.
It doesn't seem like a collab tho...since Atlantic just released a huge banner confirming the news...they didn't do it for UF. :wink:

Image
User avatar
Madelinefs
Manager
 
Posts: 2843
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013

Postby LittleLinda » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:52 pm

That announcement seems a bit much for "just" a random collab or remix. :o
Not sure what to expect, but I'll take it.
User avatar
LittleLinda
Manager
 
Posts: 3710
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008
Location: Bavarian Exile, Germany

Return to General Artists Discussion