Bruno Mars

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

Postby frrr » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:02 am

I'm suprised he lost Best R&B Male Artist to Khakid, I guess the latter is a phenomenon in the US unlike in Europe
As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles
frrr
Superstar

Postby MikeTheDopeToast » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:46 am

frrr wrote:I'm suprised he lost Best R&B Male Artist to Khakid, I guess the latter is a phenomenon in the US unlike in Europe
It could be. Never heard of Khalid until this point or I'm just too old. :lol:
MikeTheDopeToast
Roadie

Postby frrr » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:44 pm

NewCat from Gold Derby posted some of the Grammys submissions. So far for Bruno Mars

Finesse (Remix) – MVid
24K Magic Live At The Apollo – MFilm
As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles
frrr
Superstar

Postby frrr » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:23 pm

2018 Soul Train Music Awards Mars' nominations

Bruno Mars - Best R&B/Soul Male Artist
"Finesse" (with Cardi B) - Song of the Year, The Ashford & Simpson Songwriter’s Award, Best Dance Performance, Best Collaboration & Video of the Year
frrr
Superstar

Postby frrr » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:39 pm

Mars won Best Foreign Pop at Lunas del Auditorio
frrr
Superstar

Postby frrr » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:52 pm

According to Jamie Miller, Mars was on the same studio as him yesterday :)
frrr
Superstar

Postby LittleLinda » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:06 pm

frrr wrote:According to Jamie Miller, Mars was on the same studio as him yesterday :)
I know I'm reaching, but I really hope this means we won't have to wait another couple of years for the next album.
I need some new Bruno-stuff in my life (and I'm not talking about crappy collabs :wink: )!
LittleLinda
Manager

Postby frrr » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:42 pm

LittleLinda wrote:
frrr wrote:According to Jamie Miller, Mars was on the same studio as him yesterday :)
I know I'm reaching, but I really hope this means we won't have to wait another couple of years for the next album.
I need some new Bruno-stuff in my life (and I'm not talking about crappy collabs :wink: )!
I know it's a long stretch but I was low-key expecting late next year, if not then 2020.
frrr
Superstar

Postby Madelinefs » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:28 pm

He sure is up to something :wink:

Madelinefs
Manager

Postby frrr » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:35 am

I can't ser it. What is?
frrr
Superstar

Postby spiritboy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:48 pm

I'm really glad that he had another smash era with 24K. Looking forward to hear new music from Bruno.
Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby frrr » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:57 pm

Mars won two Soul Music Awards: Video of the Year (Finesse) and Best Pop/R&B Male Artist along with other three nominations.
frrr
Superstar

Postby frrr » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:59 pm

In May 2018, Kelly conceded an interview where stated, he was invited to the studio by Mars as the singer wanted to collaborate with him. Once in the studio, he noticed Mars giving a hard time to one of his music partners, Lawrence. The latter once was once on a relationship with a girl that "he would do everything for" and received nothing in return. Upon this time, they started to throw extreme examples such as "you jump out of a plane" or "a shark would eat you" which they found amusing and started to write them on a list, "I'd jump out in front of a train, throw my hand on a blade, get hit by a bus..." Eventually, they realized it was "catchy". Kelly confessed that despite never heard Mars singing it, until a couple of days before the track being released, he trusted Mars work as the singer knew what he was doing.
https://eu.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/2018/05/18/story-behind-song-bruno-mars-grenade/615959002/
frrr
Superstar

Postby spiritboy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:00 pm

Rumor has it that new Bruno & Cardi B collaboration that will also feature another big artist will be released on January 25th.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby RayRay » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:52 pm

spiritboy wrote:Rumor has it that new Bruno & Cardi B collaboration that will also feature another big artist will be released on January 25th.
Janet?
RayRay
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:30 am

RayRay wrote:
spiritboy wrote:Rumor has it that new Bruno & Cardi B collaboration that will also feature another big artist will be released on January 25th.
Janet?
Janet isn't big in 2019 :lol:

It'll probably be Drake or Ed Sheeran.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Benjamin » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:35 am

RayRay wrote:
Janet?
I'd be here for it!
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby RayRay » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:03 pm

spiritboy wrote:
RayRay wrote:
Janet?
Janet isn't big in 2019 :lol:

Janet is a big artist. I'm not here for those "only big in 2019" artists... :wink:

Bruno and Janet would be a perfect match IMO.
RayRay
Legend

Postby spiritboy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:10 pm

You know what i mean. They would never "waste" singles for legacy acts like Mariah, Madonna, Janet, etc. They need someone with a huge streaming following, both Drake and Ed fits.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby RayRay » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:46 pm

spiritboy wrote:You know what i mean. They would never "waste" singles for legacy acts like Mariah, Madonna, Janet, etc. They need someone with a huge streaming following, both Drake and Ed fits.
I didn't think Bruno would need that.
RayRay
Legend

Postby frrr » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:27 pm

I think Cardi can get the streams. On top of that, I found particularly weird the article doesn't mention the other artist. Guess we will have to wait to see
frrr
Superstar

Postby frrr » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:38 pm

Besides that, mars co-wrote a song on Anderson Paak's Oxnard called "anywhere" featuring Snoop Dogg & The Last Artful, Dodgr.
frrr
Superstar

Postby frrr » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:48 pm

iHeart Awards: Finesse with Best Music Video, Best Collaboration and R&B Song Of The Year nominations
frrr
Superstar

Return to General Artists Discussion