Bruno Mars

Moderators: tdc2000, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby frrr » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:07 pm

Best international artist at the Aria Awards (it's public voted) so he won't win for sure he is running against Adele, Sheeran, harry styles, Metallica....

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/oct/10/aria-awards-2017-gang-of-youths-and-paul-kelly-dominate-nominations
As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles
frrr
Manager

Postby MikeTheDopeToast » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:45 pm

OMG!!! :D :o
MikeTheDopeToast
Groupie

Postby frrr » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:46 pm

I hope he gets a couple of those :)

Also nominated for International Male Artist of the Year at the NRJ Music Awards :)
As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles
frrr
Manager

Postby MikeTheDopeToast » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:19 am

I wonder which single is nominated for Video of the Year? :-?
MikeTheDopeToast
Groupie

Postby BlueScorpion » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:24 am

Bruno FTW! :D
BlueScorpion
Manager

Postby frrr » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:26 am

MikeTheDopeToast wrote:I wonder which single is nominated for Video of the Year? :-?
TWIL
frrr
Manager

Postby MikeTheDopeToast » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:45 am

frrr wrote:
MikeTheDopeToast wrote:I wonder which single is nominated for Video of the Year? :-?
TWIL
TWIL! I hope VOTF get some recognization though! :D
MikeTheDopeToast
Groupie

Postby frrr » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:41 pm

MikeTheDopeToast wrote:
frrr wrote:
TWIL
TWIL! I hope VOTF get some recognization though! :D
Didn't get a nomination maybe at the grammys
frrr
Manager

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:31 pm

I'm definitely rooting for Bruno in all categories, but I'll be surprised if Ed doesn't win Artist of the Year.
"You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read." - James Baldwin
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby MikeTheDopeToast » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:19 am

English + Spanish! :o :D
MikeTheDopeToast
Groupie

Postby frrr » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:38 am

Blew me away :o
frrr
Manager

Postby Nippian93 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:04 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:31 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby frrr » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:42 pm

Now that she can't have a hit single is looking for one quick collab to get back to the top :)
frrr
Manager

Postby Madelinefs » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:49 pm

frrr wrote:
Now that she can't have a hit single is looking for one quick collab to get back to the top :)
SHUT IT. She's been spreading nothing but love for him since 2011 when he was just a newbie in this biz. There's massive respect on both ends. :wink:
Madelinefs
Manager

Postby frrr » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:03 am

Madelinefs wrote:
frrr wrote:
SHUT IT. She's been spreading nothing but love for him since 2011 when he was just a newbie in this biz. There's massive respect on both ends. :wink:
Didn't say otherwise, just spoke some truth
frrr
Manager

Postby LittleLinda » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:21 am

frrr wrote:
Madelinefs wrote:
frrr wrote:
Didn't say otherwise, just spoke some truth
Uhm... yes, you did, basically. You implied that she wouldn't wanna collab with him, if she would still get hits on her own. Which seems false, given all indications.
LittleLinda
Manager

Postby frrr » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:41 pm

Because you respect some artist doesn't mean you are going to collaborate with him, sure you are more likely to, but not 100% sure it will happen. Everyone in the industry wants to collab with him mainly the artists that can't get hits anymore Miguel, Janet Jackson, Chris Brown the list is huge...If she could still get hits she could still collab with him, but it was less likely...have I made myself clear this time around?
frrr
Manager

Postby Madelinefs » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:33 pm

No... 2 It is just a sloppy attempt of backtracking. Stop trying, because it's very trasparent.
The fact is that freaking Janet Jackson = pop royalty who has nothing left to prove was naming our Brunz as the person she'd love to work with since his debut when he wasn't anywhere near as established as he is today, He was viewed as crooner whose luck could end any moment. Back then, ppl hardly believed she'd ever go back to making music so she had no other interest other than showing respect to upcoming artist she's been keeping her eye on since Nothin' On You. What's more I'm sure she would still want to work with him even if he was underperforming. The only collab on her last album was with J. Cole. She ain't chasing hits. She's way above that after for decades since her debut in entertainment business.
I can even find the first interview when he found oud she wants him. It was in 2011 in Hawaii.

but here he talked about her again

from 2:35
Madelinefs
Manager

Postby MikeTheDopeToast » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:48 am

Madelinefs wrote:No... 2 It is just a sloppy attempt of backtracking. Stop trying, because it's very trasparent.
The fact is that freaking Janet Jackson = pop royalty who has nothing left to prove was naming our Brunz as the person she'd love to work with since his debut when he wasn't anywhere near as established as he is today, He was viewed as crooner whose luck could end any moment. Back then, ppl hardly believed she'd ever go back to making music so she had no other interest other than showing respect to upcoming artist she's been keeping her eye on since Nothin' On You. What's more I'm sure she would still want to work with him even if he was underperforming. The only collab on her last album was with J. Cole. She ain't chasing hits. She's way above that after for decades since her debut in entertainment business.
I can even find the first interview when he found oud she wants him. It was in 2011 in Hawaii.

but here he talked about her again

from 2:35
This one +1
MikeTheDopeToast
Groupie

Postby dhenapie » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:59 am

Madelinefs wrote:No... 2 It is just a sloppy attempt of backtracking. Stop trying, because it's very trasparent.
No lies detected. Post of the day tbh.

As much as I'd really love to see them collaborating, I really can't imagine how it'd turn out. They're just too different, vocally and artistically. I mean she hasn't collaborated with any "vocalist" as she's always hired rappers.
We are never just good or just bad. We are mosaics of our worst selves and our best selves.
- Taylor Swift (reputation)
dhenapie
Manager

Postby Bojan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:15 am

They're not that different. For instance, stylistically, That’s What I Like sounds a lot like Luv.

Bojan
Manager

Postby frrr » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:34 pm

Madelinefs wrote:No... 2 It is just a sloppy attempt of backtracking. Stop trying, because it's very trasparent
Not backtracking, just tried to make myself clearer. I'm sticking to my guns. Some of you get so pressed :lol:
frrr
Manager

Postby Madelinefs » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:59 pm

Madelinefs
Manager

Postby TIfan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:19 pm

I honestly think Bruno would be super honored to work with Janet. Whether its for a comeback for her or not, his last album 24k Magic is a new jack swing inspired album, in which was a genre created with Janet's first breakthrough album "Control."

I would totally be here for that collab because she has shown us that she can still make great music.
TIfan
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion