Bruno Mars

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby frrr » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:50 pm

MikeTheDopeToast wrote:I hope Bruno wins something, but at the end of the day winning an award does not prove you're more talented or better in certain aspects! Bruno is leading way above everything existing in this industry. :D
It is always good to have your work recognized :)
As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles
frrr
Superstar

Postby MikeTheDopeToast » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:01 pm

frrr wrote:
MikeTheDopeToast wrote:I hope Bruno wins something, but at the end of the day winning an award does not prove you're more talented or better in certain aspects! Bruno is leading way above everything existing in this industry. :D
But awards these days aren't as prestigious as the past, ever since social media stepped in the game. :cry:

However, I am happy to learn that iHeartRadio recognized his talent and works. He totally deserved the Innovator Award! :D
MikeTheDopeToast
Groupie

Postby Sead » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:39 pm

Sead
Groupie

Postby frrr » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:38 pm

MikeTheDopeToast wrote:
frrr wrote:
But awards these days aren't as prestigious as the past, ever since social media stepped in the game. :cry:

However, I am happy to learn that iHeartRadio recognized his talent and works. He totally deserved the Innovator Award! :D
Agreed but still better than nothing at all, at least it gives exposure with performances and so on. People always tune in, nevertheless

Hmm...seemed that he got it just to perform TWIL and Treasure, otherwise, he wouldn't go there and since he was not nominated for a single thing, same happened at the Teen Choice Awards :wink:
As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles
frrr
Superstar

Postby MikeTheDopeToast » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:58 am

frrr wrote:
MikeTheDopeToast wrote:
frrr wrote:

Agreed but still better than nothing at all, at least it gives exposure with performances and so on. People always tune in, nevertheless

Hmm...seemed that he got it just to perform TWIL and Treasure, otherwise, he wouldn't go there and since he was not nominated for a single thing, same happened at the Teen Choice Awards :wink:
Finger cross! :D I watched him live last April in London, that was my first concert ever! He was a fantastic all-rounded artist and performer, so much energy on stage and his efforts on singing and choreography. I wish to see him again when he comes to Malaysia next year!
MikeTheDopeToast
Groupie

Postby frrr » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:28 pm

Sead wrote:http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/grammys/7990255/grammy-nominations-predictions-ed-sheeran-sza-cardi-b
A ton of nominations for Bruno, interesting Pop album category instead of Urban but it can happen
frrr
Superstar

Postby Nippian93 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:22 pm

Happy Birthday :)
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Madelinefs » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:26 pm

Yep, today's the day. Blessing Brunz 8-)
Madelinefs
Manager

Postby frrr » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:17 am

CBS will kick off the Grammy season with a two-hour special celebrating the 60th anniversary of the awards. Grammys Greatest Stories: A 60th Anniversary Special, produced by The Recording Academy, AEG Ehrlich Ventures and CBS, will air 11/24, the day after Thanksgiving.

The show will feature rare archival footage and exclusive interviews with Christina Aguilera, Aretha Franklin, Dave Grohl, Elton John, Bruno Mars, Paul McCartney, Ed Sheeran, Bruce Springsteen and others.
:)

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=308796
frrr
Superstar

Postby frrr » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:07 pm

Best international artist at the Aria Awards (it's public voted) so he won't win for sure he is running against Adele, Sheeran, harry styles, Metallica....

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/oct/10/aria-awards-2017-gang-of-youths-and-paul-kelly-dominate-nominations
frrr
Superstar

Postby MikeTheDopeToast » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:45 pm

OMG!!! :D :o
MikeTheDopeToast
Groupie

Postby frrr » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:46 pm

I hope he gets a couple of those :)

Also nominated for International Male Artist of the Year at the NRJ Music Awards :)
frrr
Superstar

Postby MikeTheDopeToast » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:19 am

I wonder which single is nominated for Video of the Year? :-?
MikeTheDopeToast
Groupie

Postby BlueScorpion » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:24 am

Bruno FTW! :D
"Side effects be drowsiness / Loneliness / How is this? / I think they call it hateration / What can you prescribe for this?"
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby frrr » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:26 am

MikeTheDopeToast wrote:I wonder which single is nominated for Video of the Year? :-?
TWIL
frrr
Superstar

Postby MikeTheDopeToast » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:45 am

frrr wrote:
MikeTheDopeToast wrote:I wonder which single is nominated for Video of the Year? :-?
TWIL
TWIL! I hope VOTF get some recognization though! :D
MikeTheDopeToast
Groupie

Postby frrr » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:41 pm

MikeTheDopeToast wrote:
frrr wrote:
TWIL
TWIL! I hope VOTF get some recognization though! :D
Didn't get a nomination maybe at the grammys
frrr
Superstar

Postby JSparksFan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:31 pm

I'm definitely rooting for Bruno in all categories, but I'll be surprised if Ed doesn't win Artist of the Year.
If grass can grow through cement, love can find you at every time in your life.
JSparksFan
Legend

Postby MikeTheDopeToast » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:19 am

English + Spanish! :o :D
MikeTheDopeToast
Groupie

Postby frrr » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:38 am

Blew me away :o
frrr
Superstar

Postby Nippian93 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:04 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:31 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby frrr » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:42 pm

Now that she can't have a hit single is looking for one quick collab to get back to the top :)
frrr
Superstar

Postby Madelinefs » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:49 pm

frrr wrote:
Now that she can't have a hit single is looking for one quick collab to get back to the top :)
SHUT IT. She's been spreading nothing but love for him since 2011 when he was just a newbie in this biz. There's massive respect on both ends. :wink:
Madelinefs
Manager

Postby frrr » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:03 am

Madelinefs wrote:
frrr wrote:
SHUT IT. She's been spreading nothing but love for him since 2011 when he was just a newbie in this biz. There's massive respect on both ends. :wink:
Didn't say otherwise, just spoke some truth
frrr
Superstar

Return to General Artists Discussion