Bruno Mars

Moderators: tdc2000, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby JJeffs » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:38 pm

I love that he went for an 80s throwback vibe and tried to get a more R&B sound back into the mainstream. He’s not the only one, but arguable the biggest and best shot at it. I thought Versace might be what breaks the ice at pop radio, but no dice. I’m so ready for R&B’s comeback to the mainstream.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby frrr » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:34 am

These guys, honestly they have no idea of whats going on lately, do they? :lol:

Paul: Are we being too hip for the room in not having Bruno Mars, who is a big Grammy favorite, who is obviously one of the biggest stars in the business and whose album [24K Magic] was top 10 for 33 weeks in a row? Are we being too clever?

Lenny: I guess we’ll find out. I just don’t think it’s his best work. Period.

Paul: His first album was up for Album of the Year. His second was not. It sounds like you’re saying this wasn’t strong enough creatively to put him back in the running.

Lenny: That’s what I think, yes.

Paul: What do you think of it being entered for Best R&B Album instead of Best Pop Vocal Album?

Lenny: I’ve never thought of him as an R&B artist.

Paul: It did well on the R&B charts, but he’s practically the definition of a pop artist.

Lenny: He’s a great pop artist—one of the best in the business. I don’t think this is his best work.
Sure, lets put SZA's Control and Harry Styles self-titled debut instead of Mars :lol:

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=309278
As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles
frrr
Manager

Postby MikeTheDopeToast » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:29 am

MikeTheDopeToast
Groupie

Postby frrr » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:36 am

He didn't won anything at the MTV Ema's
As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles
frrr
Manager

Postby Benjamin » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:49 am

^That promo pic is everything. I love the color scheme :)
Benjamin
Kid At Heart

Postby Jesper » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:17 am

frrr wrote:He didn't won anything at the MTV Ema's
Overall I found the nominations of this years EMAs a bit odd. I mean Taylor was put into every category, didn't won anything. Then we have Ariana Grande who is nominated for best artist, yet none of her music made any of the major categories? Bruno's major nomination was best live? So I am not surprised he didn't win. I think these gender neutral categories only will make it even vaguer and harder for artists to get awards.
Jesper
Legend

Postby frrr » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:04 pm

Jesper wrote:
Overall I found the nominations of this years EMAs a bit odd. I mean Taylor was put into every category, didn't won anything. Then we have Ariana Grande who is nominated for best artist, yet none of her music made any of the major categories? Bruno's major nomination was best live? So I am not surprised he didn't win. I think these gender neutral categories only will make it even vaguer and harder for artists to get awards.
When you have a category nominated Best Look at your award show, something must be wrong. At Best Song, Shawn Mendes won instead of Sheeran or Despacito, same goes for best artist :lol:. I agree with you and honestly, I just posted here because he was nominated, nothing else. I don't care about most award shows. The only exception is the Grammys and my interest on that will eventually fade away...
frrr
Manager

Postby Jesper » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:12 pm

frrr wrote:
Jesper wrote:
When you have a category nominated Best Look at your award show, something must be wrong. At Best Song, Shawn Mendes won instead of Sheeran or Despacito, same goes for best artist :lol:. I agree with you and honestly, I just posted here because he was nominated, nothing else. I don't care about most award shows. The only exception is the Grammys and my interest on that will eventually fade away...
I also don't really care, but when I saw your reply, I thought I would look into it and it just surprised me how bad these categories were, like it didn't even make sense :lol:
Jesper
Legend

Postby abi » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:45 pm

I mean, last year the EMA's nominated The Weeknd's "Starboy" for Best Male Video or something days before the video was released. So there's that. :lol:
abi
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion