Samantha Mumba

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

Postby UKMusicLova » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:52 am

One of the best pop stars from the early 2000s and now she's "considering" a comeback.

Samantha Mumba has revealed that she is considering a comeback to music.

The singer, whose last single 'I'm Right Here' was released in 2002, admitted that she wasn't planning a return to music, but is now contemplating the idea after being approached with an 'interesting opportunity'.

"It is daunting, 100% - because it's a reflection of you and it falls all on you and I remember the stress of that very well," she told the Herald.

"I really wasn't considering it. I thought I was done with it but just in the last few weeks, I've had some really interesting opportunities come up, so I don't know.

"I'm going to revisit that in the New Year and see what happens, but it's kind of sounding good. I wasn't expecting that - that's not where I've been focused."

Mumba, who scored six top ten singles in the UK, quit the music industry in 2002. She has gone on to star in a number of films, including 2002's The Time Machine and the 2005 zombie film Boy Eats Girl.
What do you think about Samantha Mumba, past, present and future! :P
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby DaBoi » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:58 am

'Gotta Tell You' is a classic for me! I was so into this song, and still am.
Channel Orange Ray Of Light Electra Heart Back To Black
DaBoi
Legend

Postby UKMusicLova » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:14 pm

My favourite was always "Baby Come On Over". That was my favourite song back then! :lol:
UKMusicLova
Legend

Postby johnny_d » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:43 pm

Always Come Back To Your Love was always my fave out of her singes. Other standouts for me were her ballads Never Meant To Be and Don't Need You To (Tell You I'm Pretty). I personally really loved her first album and all the b-sides on the singles. I hope she does release some new material.
Remember us in AmenJena...

...If we could just go back to the start
johnny_d
Manager

Postby crazycool » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:51 pm

I never understood what happend with her! Her debut album era was just HUGE, she couldn't have asked for a better career start. And she wasn't just a UK and Irish act, she was worldwide. Wierd how she just instantly dissapeared.

I hope she does return. Her past work is really great, and I always thought that "Personalities" from a few years back sounded like a hot track!
crazycool
Legend

Postby johnny_d » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:13 pm

^yeah I agree. Personalities did sound very promising. It's a pity we might never get to have it.

johnny_d
Manager

Postby Fan » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:59 pm

I recently saw some pictures of her promoting hair extetions or something like that :lol: And I really wondered what happened to her. I used to really like her, I have both her first two singles.
i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging
Fan
Legend

Postby NoAngels » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:39 pm

UKMusicLova wrote:My favourite was always "Baby Come On Over". That was my favourite song back then! :lol:
Me too, I love that song.

Actually her whole era was good in my opinion.
Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.
NoAngels
Superstar

Postby diamondtooth » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:52 pm

Aw I really liked Samantha Mumba. I loved Gotta Tell You, Baby Come On Over and Body To Body. Her hebut album was a fantastic pop album with some great song/songwriters and a good Stevie Wonder cover.

I'm Right Here wasn't a great lead single from the unreleased second album. I like a song called 'Sensuality' she recorded for that second album.

Very strange how she disappeared after her first album. Louis Walsh said he, as her manager, handed over too much control to US management when she became famous there. And this was her downfall. I'm not sure how exactly though.

I read one time that she was to star in a new thriller movie called 'Loftus Hall' (based on a haunted mansion in Ireland).

I'd love her to make a comeback. I though when she went on Dancing on Ice it could have started her comeback but she was voted off too early :-(
diamondtooth
Manager

Postby JimJim » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:23 am

Didn't someone on UKMix once declare her 'the black Britney Spears'? :lol:
JimJim
Elusive Chanteuse

Postby Eamon » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:25 am

Gotta Tell You was a great song! Hope she has a successful comeback. Didn't she try a comeback already 2 or 3 years ago?
Eamon
Legend

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:10 am

Yeh she did try but nothing official came of it and her "comeback gig" was cancelled due to poor ticket sales
I've always hoped for a proper comeback from Miss Mumba so fingers crossed it goes ahead this time and she's reigned in her infamous attitude.
Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby sparkle80 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:23 am

Loved her debut. And her unreleased "Woman" album was fairly good. It seemed like before in the last couple of videos where they interviewed her and tried to ask about her music she looked embarrased and tried to change the subject to her acting. LOL. I guess she knows even though she has a passion for singing, that's it difficult to make it in the current climate regardless of talent and quality. BUt I'm glad she's still hasnt given up and hope she is finally able to release something. I'll buy an import if I have to but hopefully even if it's not released in the U.S., they will have it on itunes.
sparkle80
Manager

Postby Mack » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:12 pm

Love her debut. It's one of my favorite pop albums of the 2000s. She's got a great voice, too.
Mack
Roadie

Postby jio » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:14 pm

DaBoi wrote:'Gotta Tell You' is a classic for me! I was so into this song, and still am.
+1 plus the album is awesome. "Body To Body" and "Always Come Back To Your Love" were ace too. Shame there wasn't any follow-up
jio
Legend

Postby Star » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:34 am

I miss her :cry:
Star
Sensational

Postby steophonic » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:32 am

She is one of my most famous celebrity sightings when I was in Manchester. She was a diva though and ignored her 10 fans outside the hotel.

She made decent pop music back in the day - I liked her.
steophonic
Music Junkie

Postby biscuits » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:27 pm

Always Come Back To Your Love <3

I bought 'Gotta Tell You' on CD. I loved it back then but it's not as good now. Whereas 'Always...' still sounds awesome!
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Colin » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:50 am

Samantha is releasing a new song on iTunes next week, worldwide.

Samba is ready to slay your faves. #KatyPurrAndGagsHu?
LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD
Colin
In The Zone

Postby GetBack » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:59 am

After 106,896,897 years...
GetBack
Legend

Postby RockTheBoat » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:29 am

Her first album was 2000's pop at its best! Some classics - 'Gotta Tell You', 'Lately', 'Always Come Back To Your Love' and 'Body II Body' were all brilliant.

Wasn't keen on that watered down generic dance remix of 'Gotta Tell You' she released a few years ago, that was a bit desperate.

I'll be curious to hear this new track...
Without Any Meaning / We're Just Skin & Bone / Like Beautiful Robots Dancing Alone.
RockTheBoat
Manager

Postby johnny_d » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:33 pm

Here's hoping the song will be decent. I'd love a proper Samantha comeback.

johnny_d
Manager

Postby Shorty » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:41 pm

OMG she's coming back? :lol: I will definitely have to check this out!

I love that unreleased second album of hers, it was so good. I can't believe she never released it! :o
I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!
Shorty
Resident WWE Fan

Postby LonelyDreamer » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:45 pm

Michael Jackson gave her a song some years ago... hopefully she recorded it for her new album.

vulnicura.
LonelyDreamer
Superstar

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:48 pm

Interesting, it's been years! :o :lol:
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion