Lily Allen

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

Postby Serby » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:40 pm

Not sure if I like it, original is much better.
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:41 pm

Serby wrote:Not sure if I like it, original is much better.
I think it's because I like Lil's voice more than Brits, this is an acoustic version too which I think sounds better for me too. :wink:

Amazing avi btw. :lol:
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Serby » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:49 pm

I don't know, Womanizer is not really a song to be sung slowly and without energy, dunno how to explain.

Thanks. :lol:
be kind to every kind
Serby
Dr. Serby

Postby RaFanatic » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:59 pm

I prefer Lily's version definitely. It's so sassy somehow 8-)
Pleasure over matter.
RaFanatic
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:02 pm

RaFanatic wrote:I prefer Lily's version definitely. It's so sassy somehow 8-)
Yeah her voice gives the song a bit more character imo. :P
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Wardo » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:13 pm

Womanizer is disgusting, there's no way someone turns this song into something listenable (that chorus... :x )

However, the arrangement of Lily's cover is pretty cool.
Wardo
Knight of Cups

Postby Merci » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:59 pm

I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Merci
Boss Matsumoto

Postby CrazyCrazy » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:53 pm

Interview

Lily Allen has said that she would like to give her album away for free.

The 'Our Time' singer admitted that the way the release of her upcoming third studio album Sheezus has been handled has made her want to go it alone.

Speaking to Rolling Stone, Allen revealed that she began to get frustrated when her label insisted she release the new tracks under her maiden name.

"I wanted to come back as Lily Cooper, but the label just weren't having it," she explained. "They were like, 'No, you're Lily Allen'.

"They freaked me out and convinced me that it could be a massive contributing factor to my failure, so I was like, 'Okay'."

When asked about her future in music, the mother of two - who previously called her record label's single choices "rubbish" - confessed that she wishes she had "more control" over the release process.

"I just want to get [my next album] done as quickly as possible so I can get out of my deal," said Allen.

Lily Allen 'Sheezus' album artwork.

"Not because I want off my label. I just want to have more control. I want to put things out in the way that I want. I feel like I know my fanbase better than they know my fanbase. I communicate with them every day. I set it up on MySpace. I saw how it evolved and how it worked. I wish they would let me do it in my way."

"What I'd like to do is team up with a hedge funder," the 'Air Balloon' singer continued.

"They could help me pay to get the record done, and I could just give it away and then go on tour.

"People used to go to a Rolling Stones concert and if you were really f**king lucky, they'd play a song that no-one had heard before.

"You don't have that anymore. Everything is so meticulously thought-out and market-researched. It's why everything is so f**king boring."

Sheezus is released on May 5.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Lollo95 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:23 pm

Lily Allen live at Glastonbury 2014

The stage looked so clever. :lol:

Setlist:

01. LDN
02. As Long as I Got You
03. Sheezus
04. Hard Out Here
05. Smile
06. Everyone's at It
07. **** You
08. Somewhere Only We Know
09. The Fear
10. Bass Like Home
11. Not Fair
Lollo95
Superstar

Postby Westen » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:27 pm

Thank you for full video :D
Westen
Legend

Postby Bazmedia » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:20 pm

Her New single URL Badman failed to make the Top 75 in the singles chart :o
Bazmedia
Manager

Postby Westen » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:23 pm

Bazmedia wrote:Her New single URL Badman failed to make the Top 75 in the singles chart :o
actually it did with old rules #60

including streamings #93 on new chart
Westen
Legend

Postby Dexter » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:29 pm

I love her look in the new video. She's so damn pretty! :o

Sheezus - what a visual album. :lol:
Dexter
Manager

Postby Westen » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:09 pm

I heard today Hard out here and As long as i got you at the mall, they are playing her a lot here
Westen
Legend

Postby SilentDream » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:39 pm

The track "You're Onto Me" was already published (with very bad quality though) and other song titles were released (including Greg Kurstin as a co-writer, who already worked with her on INMIY and Sheezus). If those tracks are from her upcoming album, it can't be so long anymore til we're hearing some official news. I'm expecting a lead single still this year.

Maybe she's releasing again something out of nowhere, like Hard out Here.
SilentDream
Manager

Postby Westen » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:48 pm

You're onto me is great. Sounds really fresh and it's something new for her but also back to her roots (alright, still)
Westen
Legend

Postby SilentDream » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:19 pm

Yeah it kinda reminds me of Knock 'em Out, Pop-song with hip hop elements.

But I hope it's not the lead single, because I don't think it's a good song for radio or basic audience.
SilentDream
Manager

Postby Lollo95 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:14 pm

I liked Sheezus, I think it deserved more attention. I do think that the Alright, Still sound is the one that suits her the most, while INMIY was an amazing experiment. I mean, Sheezus doesn't even go near her two previous records, but it's just because they were simply too hard to top.
Lollo95
Superstar

Postby SilentDream » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:49 pm

I really like Sheezus. Lyrically it's her best album in my opinion (Sheezus, Insincerely Yours, URL Badman, Silver Spoon, Hard out Here), but musically it's a bit messy.

That it didn't gain so much success is not only the album's fault I guess. There was nearly no promotion, the album got released 6 months (!) after the lead single (which is way too late), Air Balloon was pretty much the worst single choice & she generally released too many music videos prior to the album release. The lead-single was actually a good choice, but because of all the swearing she didn't get any radio support & Hard out Here was overshadowed by Somewhere Only We Know that time. Those were all small factors which affected the success of the album imo.
SilentDream
Manager

Postby Westen » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:58 pm

I agree, Sheezus is amazing album. People think it's weaker than her previous albums because it did weaker. But the thing is that she had no radio support, she had no promotion. And industry changed a lot since she released her last album
Westen
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:20 pm

Hmmm imo, Sheezus is half great the other half feels half assed and too simplistic imo. :lol: :oops: Some of the songs just go right through me and have no substance, catchy but get boring quickly like candyfloss.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby SilentDream » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:42 pm

The only "low-light" of the album is Air Balloon in my opinion. I mean, it's catchy and all, but it's just way too "girly" and bubblegum-pop for Lily Allen. The rest of the album is pretty good I think, just a bit messy as I said, because she tried out new things and new music styles (more dubstep and techno elements), but I think they worked out pretty well. Only thing that bugs me is that L8 CMMR was destroyed by the autotune. It's still an amazing song, but Lily has such a lovely voice, it would've been even more stunning without the autotune.
SilentDream
Manager

Postby Westen » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:58 pm

I agree about AB it was only weak track for me, but it's not even that bad.
Westen
Legend

Postby SilentDream » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:17 pm

Yeah haha I like it too but just compared to her other songs it's rather weak.
SilentDream
Manager

Return to General Artists Discussion