Taylor Swift

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

Postby clh_hilary » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:57 pm

spiritboy wrote:I guess this also means no going back to country roots :lol:
Faith Hill donated to the Democrats at least from 2007 publicly, and she has had 6 country Top 40 hits since (peaking at No 6 with Tim McGraw).

Willie Nelson said in 2015 that he was a "big fan" of both Secretary Hillary Clinton and Senator Bernie Sanders, and he has had 3 Top 10 country albums since (including a No 1).

Sheryl Crow released the song "Woman In The White House" in 2012 before her country album in 2013.

Tim McGraw also endorsed President Barack Obama in 2008, and he has had 214 Top 20 hits after that, including 7 No 1s.

Garth Brooks also supported President Obama. Trisha Yearwood appears to be a long-time supporter of the left.

Johnny Cash's daughter said she's very liberal.

Jennifer Nettles is actually a registered Democrat, and of course Sugarland had a great career.

Steve Earle endorsed Sec Clinton and expressed concerns over Pres Trump's candidacy.

Both Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley did the "Before He Tweets" skit at the CMA, which many see as a Trump diss.
WhatTheHell wrote:Voice of the truth here!! :(
clh_hilary
Superstar

Postby Musicology » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:05 pm

KEY9481 wrote:Too little too late.
What's that supposed to mean?
Musicology
Groupie

Postby BlueScorpion » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:00 pm

I'm glad she's not the kind to play her fanbase and rely on social issues to act all political and then turn to hypocrisy and contradictions like some other females out there...
You ain't gotta break down,
YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby GetBack » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:11 pm

BlueScorpion wrote:I'm glad she's not the kind to play her fanbase and rely on social issues to act all political and then turn to hypocrisy and contradictions like some other females out there...
8-) 8-)
GetBack
Legend

Postby theMathematician » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:52 pm

At her age, she has made her money and so will not have to fear financial problems, even if her future albums will not even be sold a single time. With the critical acclaim, she has also secured her legacy in terms of impact in modern pop and country music history. However... As an artist with a country music background that used to profit from her look and conservative fanbase, it might not have been a good idea to speak critically on political issues - stuff like that is destined to backfire. Let others do that job (If necessarily, release your own version of 'Lemonade'.) and focus on what you can do best!
theMathematician
Roadie

Postby Jonathan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:30 am

Donald Trump remarked on Taylor Swift‘s decision to endorse Democratic candidates in Tennessee, a move that ended the singer’s long apolitical stance.

On Sunday, Swift voiced her support for Democratic senatorial candidate Phil Bredesen in his Election Day battle against Republican candidate Marsha Blackburn, who Swift said “appalls and terrifies me.” Both Bredesen and Blackburn are vying for the Senate seat vacated by Bob Corker.

The president fielded a question on Swift’s stance upon his return to the White House Monday. “I’m sure Taylor Swift doesn’t know anything about [Blackburn],” Trump said, adding, “I like Taylor’s music about 25 percent less now, OK?
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... nt-734570/
Jonathan
Legend

Postby SummerPeur » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:32 am

Ahaha - as if she gives a crap about backwash country conservatives.
SummerPeur wrote:Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
Goldmoney wrote:So does her microphone
SummerPeur
Kylie Overseer

Postby spiritboy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:16 am

So Trump still likes 75% of her music? Queen 8-) :lol:
Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby clh_hilary » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:05 pm

YouGov just released a report saying Taylor Swift is conservatives' favourite female celebrity.
clh_hilary
Superstar

Postby BeeBoy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:09 pm

Of course she is that's why she didn't say anything for so long. Happy she did now
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby spiritboy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:47 pm

The most important thing is, she spoke when it matters the most. The race in some states (especially Tennessee) are really close i heard.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Gravity » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:48 pm

BlueScorpion wrote:I'm glad she's not the kind to play her fanbase and rely on social issues to act all political and then turn to hypocrisy and contradictions like some other females out there...
Preach. I'm so tired already of this woke era.
Floped and localed
Gravity
R&B Junkie

Postby BeeBoy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:35 pm

So sad. In these times it certainly needs woke people since many people are racist, sexist, ignorant, homophobic or all of that together. Just look at the world news or around yourself. And on top of that come many priviliged people who don't care and look the other way for whatever reason. That's why we need woke people and the "woke era". stop belittleing it, if you don't care that's one thing but don't make it look bad to speak up, this only helps the oppressor. If more celebrities speak up the better, they have Influence and more people will hear and think about it.
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby clh_hilary » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:59 pm

http://fortune.com/2018/10/09/taylor-sw ... istration/

The Lord has seemingly saved democracy by getting people to vote.

Can you actually sway this election like Madonna helped Bill Clinton win the presidency?
clh_hilary
Superstar

Postby Musicology » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:44 pm

BeeBoy wrote:So sad. In these times it certainly needs woke people since many people are racist, sexist, ignorant, homophobic or all of that together. Just look at the world news or around yourself. And on top of that come many priviliged people who don't care and look the other way for whatever reason. That's why we need woke people and the "woke era". stop belittleing it, if you don't care that's one thing but don't make it look bad to speak up, this only helps the oppressor. If more celebrities speak up the better, they have Influence and more people will hear and think about it.
No, just NO! At the end of the day, celebrities are celebrities. Take Taylor Swift for example. She is a music artist. Her job is to make music. Simple as that. She isn't a politician. Her job isn't to educated people on politics and who they should vote for. If she decides to share her political views, good, but if she decides to remain silent on political issues, she has every right to and she shouldn't be criticized for it. This whole woke culture is really annoying and getting out of hand.
Musicology
Groupie

Postby MeIAmDaniel » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:02 am

Taylor did an amazing job. Wow. I'm so happy & proud for her :o
Israeli Lamb here.
I love Mariah, but I also love the charts.
MeIAmDaniel
Personal Assistant

Postby BeeBoy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:05 pm

Musicology wrote:
BeeBoy wrote:So sad. In these times it certainly needs woke people since many people are racist, sexist, ignorant, homophobic or all of that together. Just look at the world news or around yourself. And on top of that come many priviliged people who don't care and look the other way for whatever reason. That's why we need woke people and the "woke era". stop belittleing it, if you don't care that's one thing but don't make it look bad to speak up, this only helps the oppressor. If more celebrities speak up the better, they have Influence and more people will hear and think about it.
No, just NO! At the end of the day, celebrities are celebrities. Take Taylor Swift for example. She is a music artist. Her job is to make music. Simple as that. She isn't a politician. Her job isn't to educated people on politics and who they should vote for. If she decides to share her political views, good, but if she decides to remain silent on political issues, she has every right to and she shouldn't be criticized for it. This whole woke culture is really annoying and getting out of hand.
I can already see we won't agree on something here, but in my opinion with fame comes comes some kind of responsibility if you want it or not but you're in it for the full package not just shittons of money, you influence people plain and simple (via the internet or in one way or another) that is also why a new carreer path is called that way and famous people always inherit it as well. I will always be happy if they speak up about such important issues and it's just irritating if people are annoyed by celebrities using their voice to make change towards more acceptance and equality. Why would that annoy anyone of you? There are always people telling celebreties to just shut up about politics or whatever and just sing/act etc.. As i said silence never helps the oppressed. And I say that even though I have many privilieges as a white male others don't have, but I know that and I just choose to "be woke". Some people should seriously should start to think about the world, even when they're not affected (at least right now), it's just sad.
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby Bazmedia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:50 am

Anytime Taylor Swift talks political its a publicity stunt, period - oh look an awards show is coming up i must get my name in the press :roll:
Its gotten old now. Trump is right to not like her music 25% less, her last decent album was a couple of years ago.
Last edited by Bazmedia on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bazmedia
Manager

Postby Bazmedia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:51 am

Musicology wrote:
+1 She is a musician not a politician. Next time keep it to yourself Taylor
Bazmedia
Manager

Postby Michiel » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:02 pm

So only a politician can be political? I think that is kind of contradictory to all fundaments of 'doing politics'.
"Common sense is a chaotic aggregate of disparate conceptions, and one can find there anything that one like."
Last.FM
Instagram
Michiel
Legend

Postby beredy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:12 pm

Anyone championing the opinion that just because someone isn't a politician they can't voice their opinion on politics is a dangerous individual. If politicians were left to rule and speak what they wanted we would live in a completely different world, one way more dark and bleak. It was never the politicians who stood behind most important changes for social equality and justice. Sometimes it came down to regular housewives.

EVERYONE is welcome to speak their mind, there's a little something in the USA called First Amendment Rights.

Taylor is a singer, but she's also a citizen of the USA and just like every other citizen of the USA has a right to voice her opinion if she wants to. People seem to forget that politicians should carry out the will of the people who elected them, not the other way round. And Taylor is completely within her given rights to voice opinion on what she thinks are right values and champion for people who will have the power to provide necessary grounds for those values to be recognized as they should.

Y'all republicun** are more than welcome to feel butthurt and act like hypocrites now though.
beredy
Manager

Postby spiritboy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:16 pm

Bazmedia wrote:
Musicology wrote:
+1 She is a musician not a politician. Next time keep it to yourself Taylor
What a shallow thought. She is raising awareness to an election, every other celebrity is doing the same thing yet Taylor is the one who is at fault?

You hate Taylor yet you can't stop commenting on her threads. Must be hard being a hater since she is smashing everything. :wink:
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Gravity » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:16 pm

LOL, if only it was that simple. And if people weren't massive hypocrites about it, picking and choosing who gets to be "cancelled" and who does not.

The whole woke thing on social media doesn't do a damn thing except encourage bullies. Taylor has every right to speak about social issues if she wants to, but no one is entitled to demand that from her.
Floped and localed
Gravity
R&B Junkie

Postby clh_hilary » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:18 pm

Bazmedia wrote:+1 She is a musician not a politician. Next time keep it to yourself Taylor
Oh really? Then who's allowed to voice a political opinion? Only politicians?

Is your job literally "celebrity police"? If not, why are you commenting on this.

Next time keep it to yourself Bazmedia.
clh_hilary
Superstar

Postby Bazmedia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:35 pm

thanks i'll do that. :) I have Toms t-shirt by the way.
Bazmedia
Manager

Return to General Artists Discussion