Taylor Swift

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin, bm08

Postby Bazmedia » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:05 pm

She got zero nominations for all major Grammy awards - what happened ?
Bazmedia
Manager

Postby jochen » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:15 pm

What was able to be nominated apart from Look what you made me do??

The album was too late Released to be nominated. Death line is September i think.
it will be nominated Next year...maybe
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
jochen
Manager

Postby JJeffs » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:33 pm

Yeah, LWYMMD was the only song eligible for a Grammy this year. Maybe "Ready For It" could have been as well, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't even submitted for consideration.
Last edited by JJeffs on Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby JJeffs » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:36 pm

MusicRecords wrote:Wow so in addition to her enormous penthouse in NYC, she bought a townhouse in the building right next to where she lives now for 18 million :lol:
https://therealdeal.com/2017/10/31/are-you-ready-for-it-tribeca-taylor-swift-may-have-bought-another-townhouse-for-18m/

I've passed by there, nice area! :D I wonder what the deal is behind this though, like the two are right next to each other but separate buildings at different levels, it's not like she could put them together like her current penthouse (which she bought an adjoining one and put it together as one)...I wonder if she'll sell her old penthouse and stay in the new one...otherwise I would find it difficult to have to walk outside your building to the next for your house #2 :lol: but good for the queen! 8-)
I don't know what her reason is, but a potential reason is simple: Real Estate Investment. Buy when you have the money to buy, and given how NYC works, it'll double in value within her lifetime.

She could also be moving and just hasn't put her current pad up for sale yet.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby MusicRecords » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:41 pm

JJeffs wrote:
MusicRecords wrote:Wow so in addition to her enormous penthouse in NYC, she bought a townhouse in the building right next to where she lives now for 18 million :lol:
https://therealdeal.com/2017/10/31/are-you-ready-for-it-tribeca-taylor-swift-may-have-bought-another-townhouse-for-18m/

I've passed by there, nice area! :D I wonder what the deal is behind this though, like the two are right next to each other but separate buildings at different levels, it's not like she could put them together like her current penthouse (which she bought an adjoining one and put it together as one)...I wonder if she'll sell her old penthouse and stay in the new one...otherwise I would find it difficult to have to walk outside your building to the next for your house #2 :lol: but good for the queen! 8-)
I don't know what her reason is, but a potential reason is simple: Real Estate Investment. Buy when you have the money to buy, and given how NYC works, it'll double in value within her lifetime.

She could also be moving and just hasn't put her current pad up for sale yet.
True, but it's not like she really has to worry about investing, she could very well retire today and live a glamorous long life with her millions and still have plenty leftover :lol:
Follow me on Instagram

The ONLY user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING
MusicRecords
HRH King Nick III

Postby JJeffs » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:47 pm

MusicRecords wrote:True, but it's not like she really has to worry about investing, she could very well retire today and live a glamorous long life with her millions and still have plenty leftover :lol:
Indeed - but the same could be true of anything she's doing to maximize her record sales (no streaming, incentive for multiple copies, etc). She doesn't NEED any of that - but she seems to have business woman/mogul in her blood. For some, I suppose once you have THAT much money, you want to keep pushing and investing and growing.

She's already mastered the music industry - so maybe she's ready to become a real estate mogul and/or compete with the REALLY big ballers of the world. She seems to have a lot to prove - even if only to herself.
JJeffs
Personal Assistant

Postby BlueScorpion » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:20 am

No doubt about that - she's an ambitious business woman. And she has a vision for her albums and the music industry that her fans so far have agreed to.
Hot like the real fever (the real Diva)
So successful yet still so eager
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby byzantium » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:18 pm

According to Billboard, Taylor Swift is the second most successful female artist ever on the BB200. However, the rankings seem suspicious to me. Miley and Carrie seem too high.

https://www.billboard.com/charts/greate ... en-artists,
byzantium
Personal Assistant

Postby solitaire » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:54 pm

byzantium wrote:According to Billboard, Taylor Swift is the second most successful female artist ever on the BB200. However, the rankings seem suspicious to me. Miley and Carrie seem too high.

Don't forget Miley has the HM albums under her belt, the first two of those were HUGE. Carrie has always been a huge album seller so I am not surprised.
One life with one dream on repeat
solitaire
Manager

Postby Nippian93 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:40 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby T1GER » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:25 am

byzantium wrote:According to Billboard, Taylor Swift is the second most successful female artist ever on the BB200. However, the rankings seem suspicious to me. Miley and Carrie seem too high.

Hannah Montana albums, Breakout & Bangerz were all successful sellers so it isn't a surprise to see Miley in the top 10.
T1GER
Groupie

Postby Nippian93 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:06 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:07 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Colbie » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:11 pm

More Vogue images:

Colbie
Superstar

Postby Nippian93 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:05 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:05 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:56 am

BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby Nippian93 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:31 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:01 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:09 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby BlueScorpion » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:09 pm

She's so pretty. :cry:
BlueScorpion
Superstar

Postby GetBack » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:10 pm

JJeffs wrote:Yeah, LWYMMD was the only song eligible for a Grammy this year. Maybe "Ready For It" could have been as well, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't even submitted for consideration.
I wonder if this was submitted, they submitted "Shake It Off" and got nods prior to the big 1989 year.
Carey like Mariah.
GetBack
Legend

Postby Bazmedia » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:48 pm

GetBack wrote:
JJeffs wrote:Yeah, LWYMMD was the only song eligible for a Grammy this year. Maybe "Ready For It" could have been as well, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't even submitted for consideration.
I wonder if this was submitted, they submitted "Shake It Off" and got nods prior to the big 1989 year.
She pissed off the wrong people in the music industry this year.
Bazmedia
Manager

Postby BlankSpace » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:12 pm

Bazmedia wrote:
GetBack wrote:
That's why they nominated her in 2 categories
(both for songwriting IDWLF nd BM)
BlankSpace
Manager

Postby spiritboy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Bazmedia wrote:
GetBack wrote:
At least she has some Grammy Awards and can still sell albums unlike your fave :lol:
spiritboy
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion