R. Kelly

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

Postby RayRay » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:34 pm

^ He didn't say anything about R. Kelly wanting to burn in hell neither.
RayRay
Legend

Postby Guru » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:38 pm

RayRay wrote:^ He didn't say anything about R. Kelly wanting to burn in hell neither.
But you said “You are okay with R. Kelly's actions”.
This is why I’m confused. Where has he said that? :-?
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby nympho » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:44 pm

Guru wrote:
RayRay wrote:^ He didn't say anything about R. Kelly wanting to burn in hell neither.
But you said “You are okay with R. Kelly's actions”.
This is why I’m confused. Where has he said that? :-?
He has defended sex with under age girls (which, besides being disgusting, it’s a crime), and basically accused women who were abused of “complaining just because they touched their ass” among many other sexist and male chauvinist comments in this and other threads.

So, yes, he’s basically defending his behaviour.
nympho
Superstar

Postby BeeBoy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:44 pm

jochen wrote:Americans are always sooo over the Top .
R didn't rape any childs.

Million of girls aged 14..15 have sex
Sounds like it at least
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby Erotica » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:48 pm

Guru wrote:Bish been performing this live everywhere since she recorded it and now she plays innocent!!!

This is my favourite performance of the song and also her best performance
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby BeeBoy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:51 pm

biscuits wrote:Fakest bitch
I have nothing against you biscuits but I feel like a mod shouldn't encourage behavior like this.
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby SawyerHewitt » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:50 pm

Just started watching the first episode.
Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.
SawyerHewitt
Superstar

Postby Isurrender » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:15 pm

jochen wrote:Americans are always sooo over the Top .
R didn't rape any childs.

Million of girls aged 14..15 have sex
Thank you!
Isurrender
Manager

Postby Marchum » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:23 pm

BeeBoy wrote:
I have nothing against you biscuits but I feel like a mod shouldn't encourage behavior like this.
Why? Just like of us, mods should/can post what they think freely imo.
Marchum
Manager

Postby BeeBoy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:25 pm

But does it need to be expressed that way? I'm sure he would've something to say if someone talked about Janet that way
BeeBoy
Manager

Postby LongingHeart » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:29 pm

biscuits wrote:R Kelly > Gaga
Oh wow okay ...
LongingHeart
Manager

Postby Marchum » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:32 pm

If I had to choose the musical act I prefer, I’d agree with the statement “R Kelly > Lady Gaga”
Marchum
Manager

Postby LongingHeart » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:49 pm

So R Kelly f#cks, marries and pees on underage girls, Lady Gaga makes a statement (along with many many many other celebrities) and everyone wants to concentrate on her and make her the bad one now ?
F**k Off
LongingHeart
Manager

Postby thankfulforkelly » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:56 pm

biscuits wrote:R Kelly > Gaga
What a distasteful comment
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
thankfulforkelly
Superstar

Postby Kaloki » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:01 am

I mean I would have to say purely in terms of music output R Kelly is leagues ahead of Lady Gaga
Kaloki
Manager

Postby biscuits » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:08 am

BeeBoy wrote:
Sorry I was really dronk
biscuits
The Diva

Postby thankfulforkelly » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:13 am

As a mod shouldn’t you be leading by example?
Reaching your lemon
Say you're reaching your lemon
Going over your lemon
thankfulforkelly
Superstar

Postby BehindBreakaway » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:01 am

This thread is a mess...
3 months and I'm still sober, picked all my weeds but kept the flowers!
BehindBreakaway
Manager

Postby biscuits » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:34 am

thankfulforkelly wrote:As a mod shouldn’t you be leading by example?
So I’m not allowed to have a drink on Friday night?
biscuits
The Diva

Postby emancipationofmeme » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:35 am

Guru wrote:My exact words to those acting holier than thou.
You keep repeating this as if you ironically can’t see how you are acting as if you’re above the people you think are “acting holier than thou.” No one acts perfectly in accordance with their beliefs but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t try to do what they feel is right.

I’m not going to make any decisions yet but I don’t want to spend money or time supporting someone if they turn out to be a serial abuser of women and minors! He’s talented but honestly it’s pathetic to worship him and excuse his (possible) crimes against humanity as if he’s a musical god :lol: mess. I don’t care if people listen to him still but I do believe in demonetizing certain artists
emancipationofmeme
Roadie

Postby naughtynae » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:35 am

Yes the repeated holier than thou comments are silly. Obviously we think we’re better people than R Kelly lol regardless of how much of what he’s done you may or may not think is against the law the man clearly has 0 respect for women we are allowed to voice our disapproval of him as a person. Some can do that and still listen to his music, some can’t. I can respect both.
naughtynae
Legend

Postby Guru » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:11 am

LongingHeart wrote:So R Kelly f#cks, marries and pees on underage girls, Lady Gaga makes a statement (along with many many many other celebrities) and everyone wants to concentrate on her and make her the bad one now ?
F**k Off
It’s her lack of morals and ethics. She recorded with him willingly in 2013. His issues have been out there since 2000 (yes, a whole 14 year prior to them connecting). She comes across as throwing him under the bus for her public convenience and image.

Who says he is off the hook? Most talk out there is still about him but she brought herself into the conversation. And if we all know the music industry works, and Hollywood, nothing is by coincidence with what artists and actors do and say at any given time. There’s the Oscars coming up and she is nominated. I’m just saying :wink:

R Kelly has collaborated with many big name. Jay Z is one. Chris Brown is another. They have no come out with a statement or anything.

Gaga is fake and timed for her convenience.

PS Don’t forget to watch the Oscars soon :wink:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby Guru » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:20 am

emancipationofmeme wrote:
Guru wrote:My exact words to those acting holier than thou.
You keep repeating this as if you ironically can’t see how you are acting as if you’re above the people you think are “acting holier than thou.” No one acts perfectly in accordance with their beliefs but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t try to do what they feel is right.

I’m not going to make any decisions yet but I don’t want to spend money or time supporting someone if they turn out to be a serial abuser of women and minors! He’s talented but honestly it’s pathetic to worship him and excuse his (possible) crimes against humanity as if he’s a musical god :lol: mess. I don’t care if people listen to him still but I do believe in demonetizing certain artists
I’m honored you think thats how I come across :P
You peoples outrage is so fake. And so now people are saying “everyone delete his music, all platforms delete his music, etc”. To be frank, even if I felt that way, it is peoples right to continue downloading and listening and steaming. One thing I don’t believe in, is imposing my beliefs onto anyone else.

If people want to speak out against R Kelly, it is their right and there’s nothing wrong with that. But don’t tell me to throw away my CDs (which I spent on), delete his music, throw away my DVDs. All because of the docuseries tha5 you took personally.

R Kelly must face justice and the outcome will be what it may. But if people continue wishing to listen to his music, let me enjoy it for what it is.

The docuseries said that some songs were written with young girls in mind. I relistened to these songs. All I heard aas good beats, great jams and could only think of the good times out and about with friends jamming to this song. I won’t let a docuseries dictate what I should picture when listening to these songs. That’s why people are now acting holier than thou. Before the docuseries, they were thinking the same things I said above. After the docuseries, they now think of little girls, s€x and pee. And they insist others stop listening because of these new images in their minds.

Irrespective, his music is out there, he’s played a pivotal role in shaping urban music. And nothing can delete his music from history. I’ll separate the music from the artist. The artist must face justice, his music can continue.
Guru
Guru

Postby Guru » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:25 am

Just one last comment about holier than thou. I’m no angel, you are no angel. We all have done bad things in our lives. But here we are judging R Kelly as if we are better. It’s like saying I stole a pen, you stole a car. I am better than you. No sweetie. Sinning is sinning. We are equally as bad, irrespective of the severity of the sin.

I will leave society to scream of their high pedastels. I’m just trying to get through the day without sinning :P
Guru
Guru

Postby Goldmoney » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:30 am

There are different levels of sin tho. You can’t hold theft on the same level as pedophila and rape.
SawyerHewitt wrote:The raw emotion Kween conveys when belting out WBT's climax>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
A MOMENT IN MUSIC HISTORY.
Goldmoney
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion