R. Kelly

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

Postby spiritboy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:24 am

Guru wrote:
spiritboy wrote:Gaga is removing Do What You Want from iTunes and streaming services. I guess this is what will happen if he is found guilty, Spotify and Apple Music will remove R Kelly songs.
Like that will remove his music and charting accomplishments from history :roll:
He must stand trial and face the music.

You see Aaliyah’s music not on digital platforms from sophomore onwards? People still talk about her music and impact, even 18 years after her death. I don’t associate his music and lyrics to what they say it meant. It’s all in the mind.
I just stated what might happen if he is found guilty. I didn't write my opinion.
Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby Guru » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:34 am

spiritboy wrote:
Guru wrote:
spiritboy wrote:Gaga is removing Do What You Want from iTunes and streaming services. I guess this is what will happen if he is found guilty, Spotify and Apple Music will remove R Kelly songs.
Like that will remove his music and charting accomplishments from history :roll:
He must stand trial and face the music.

You see Aaliyah’s music not on digital platforms from sophomore onwards? People still talk about her music and impact, even 18 years after her death. I don’t associate his music and lyrics to what they say it meant. It’s all in the mind.
I just stated what might happen if he is found guilty. I didn't write my opinion.
That makes it your opinion :lol:

Anyway, so this chick was telling me on twitter how I am morally and ethically corrupt...but she follows Drake and Kim’s Kardashian. Society can be something else I tell ya :lol:

I am in no position to tell anyone where to shop, whom to listen to, what to like etc.
The same people, who knew MJ was under trial, was still jamming to his music during the trial. Society is morally bankrupt because we are too quick to judge others while there is crap staring us in the face.
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby spiritboy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:58 am

Let's not forget Roman Polanski situation as well.
Mariah saved Xmas and Gaga is saving Pop and Hollywood.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby naughtynae » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:21 pm

TIfan wrote:Cant believe what I am reading on here.
naughtynae
Legend

Postby biscuits » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:03 pm

I’m looking forward to Surviving Lies
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Guru » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:58 pm

spiritboy wrote:Let's not forget Roman Polanski situation as well.
I actually thought of the more recent Harvey Weinstein :lol:
All these hypocrites amongst us acting holier than thou and preaching what is the right thing to do. Amidst his allegations, I even stood by MJ. Im not living what everyone judges me for. Do what they need to do. Doesn’t phase me :lol:
| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney |
Guru
Guru

Postby RayRay » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:52 pm

After all the commotion I went checking on my Spotify playlist (with almost 3000 songs), but I don't have any R. Kelly songs on my playlist. One less worry. :P

I thought I might have one of his duets with Mariah, Celine or Gaga as I love them, but somehow I couldn't even bother to add those to my playlist.

I don't want to support someone like R. Kelly, so I'm glad I don't have his voice on my playlist.

As for MJ, I stopped buying his albums when he was going to court.
RayRay
Legend

Postby Guru » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:55 pm

RayRay wrote:After all the commotion I went checking on my Spotify playlist (with almost 3000 songs), but I don't have any R. Kelly songs on my playlist. One less worry. :P

I thought I might have one of his duets with Mariah, Celine or Gaga as I love them, but somehow I couldn't even bother to add those to my playlist.

I don't want to support someone like R. Kelly, so I'm glad I don't have his voice on my playlist.

As for MJ, I stopped buying his albums when he was going to court.
What did you do with his albums before the court found him not guilt?
Guru
Guru

Postby RayRay » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:59 pm

^ I kept them of course.
RayRay
Legend

Postby Guru » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:02 pm

RayRay wrote:^ I kept them of course.
Very wise indeed :P
Guru
Guru

Postby Erotica » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:04 pm

I always defended Michael Jackson.
I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
Erotica
Legend

Postby jochen » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:04 pm

I love kelly
Whatever happens
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
jochen
Manager

Postby RayRay » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:10 pm

jochen wrote:I love kelly
Whatever happens
I can understand you have memories and love for those songs. But how can you love HIM when it all comes out to be true?
RayRay
Legend

Postby TheRealest » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:47 am

I’m not sure why people are so fake outraged about things that were known for about 20 years now. I could care less about his personal life, he’s a musical genius and will forever be legendary.
TheRealest
The Queen

Postby Guru » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:10 am

TheRealest wrote:I’m not sure why people are so fake outraged about things that were known for about 20 years now. I could care less about his personal life, he’s a musical genius and will forever be legendary.
That’s what I’m saying. It’s been in the public domain since 2000. Did it take a documentary in 2019 to create this fake outrage? Now people are acting like they are better than Jesus! Meanwhile, they don’t like it when I tell them look where they shop, watch what movies they watch, which soccer stars they support.

Some even block me on Twitter because I guess I touched their nerve :lol:
They tell me they choose the people around the them wisely and I tell them I bet some of these people have dark secrets...

I will never understand people who think their fathers, uncles, brothers can do no wrong, take no drugs etc.
Guru
Guru

Postby biscuits » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:19 am

Some of the women in the documentary voluntarily flew to Chicago to hook up with him and are now saying they were abused. No honey.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Marchum » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:59 am

No one is saying that he is an innocent man, an angel.
There is no way one can support his actions.
There is also no way to deny he’s a musical genius, who did great things in the music industry.
And like biscuits pointed out, things are more complicated than just saying “he’s an awful human being, his music and legacy should be destroyed, he should move to an island that no one lives in and die there desperately ”... :roll:
People need to chill the f down.
Marchum
Manager

Postby Guru » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:39 am

biscuits wrote:Some of the women in the documentary voluntarily flew to Chicago to hook up with him and are now saying they were abused. No honey.
This is also what I’m saying; these woman wanted fame and fortune the quick and easy way. Some of them even approached him during his court case, on the street. Even if he offered advances, it is your right to say no, call it a day, and report him to the police if he didn’t anything untowards them (as we’ve heard he can be controlling).

Even if they felt trapped, I assume they had access to their own mobile to text?
Last edited by Guru on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guru
Guru

Postby Guru » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:48 am

Guru
Guru

Postby biscuits » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:06 am

Firstly, why is MJ even being talked about by anybody? He was acquitted of all charges. Let him rest in peace ffs.

Secondly, yes, every woman on the show had a choice. He did not abduct or rape any of them. Most of them were of legal age and willfully engaged in sexual acts with him. Not one of them said they were forced or pinned down. That one woman said she felt like a prostitute because she would fly to Chicago and he just wanted sex. Honey, nobody forced you to fly to Chicago and you should have found another way to get a recording contract once you realised R just wanted sex, but she kept going back for more.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby jochen » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:57 am

biscuits wrote:Firstly, why is MJ even being talked about by anybody? He was acquitted of all charges. Let him rest in peace ffs.

Secondly, yes, every woman on the show had a choice. He did not abduct or rape any of them. Most of them were of legal age and willfully engaged in sexual acts with him. Not one of them said they were forced or pinned down. That one woman said she felt like a prostitute because she would fly to Chicago and he just wanted sex. Honey, nobody forced you to fly to Chicago and you should have found another way to get a recording contract once you realised R just wanted sex, but she kept going back for more.
Biscuit
You have brain !!

Well said.
jochen
Manager

Postby biscuits » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:17 am

I don’t condone statutory rape at all. But how many girls probably lied about their age? Some admitted to it in the documentary.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby jochen » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:30 am

True and with so many 'victims' around the World it wasnt even rape at all.
Its like: he raped me (aka touched my ass or whatever).

They wanted r. Kelly. They got r. Kelly.
That some were underaged...thats another Story

My uncle was 26 when he met my aunt aged 15.
When she was 16 they had a child and are still happy today.

So it can work
Last edited by jochen on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
jochen
Manager

Postby jochen » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:31 am

Erotica wrote:I always defended Michael Jackson.
Love you for this
jochen
Manager

Postby DOSSOME » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:12 pm

biscuits wrote:I don’t condone statutory rape at all. But how many girls probably lied about their age? Some admitted to it in the documentary.
Basically this!!!!!
DOSSOME
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion