David Bowie

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

Postby CrazyCrazy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:09 pm

Not topic? :o

Been growing to love him more & more after listening to more from him. Still to need to hear lots of his more recent albums but his a solid favourite. What are peoples favourite albums? Will he ever make another?

:D
Last edited by CrazyCrazy on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby cheungcheungbb » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:49 am

ha just listen one of his song and i forgot the name :cry: Image
cheungcheungbb
Groupie

Postby Storyteller » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:57 am

Love the Ziggy Stardust Album
Storyteller
Cowboy Casanova

Postby CrazyCrazy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:44 pm

IrishLamb wrote:Love the Ziggy Stardust Album
Yes good album, but I really love a lot of others more from him! "Lodger" is excellent and "Earthling", "Diamond Dogs", Station To Station" are getting love from me at the moment! :D

I've just been listening to his soundtrack album "The Buddha Of Suburbia", I must say I really like it! So different to anything I've heard from him yet, very mellow and instrumental, some beauties on there! I hear Pet Shop Boys and Duran Duran in some of the songs as well! :D
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby Shadowplay » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:24 am

crazycrazy wrote:
Yes good album, but I really love a lot of others more from him! "Lodger" is excellent and "Earthling", "Diamond Dogs", Station To Station" are getting love from me at the moment! :D

I've just been listening to his soundtrack album "The Buddha Of Suburbia", I must say I really like it! So different to anything I've heard from him yet, very mellow and instrumental, some beauties on there! I hear Pet Shop Boys and Duran Duran in some of the songs as well! :D
Earthling is awesome, one of the most underrated albums of the 90s imho.
Battle for Britain, Looking For Satellites, I'm Afraid of Americans... WOW!

And the way he sang them at his birthday concert... It's a pity he retired from touring. OK, he had serious problems, but a few theatrical gigs would be welcome...
"Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"
Shadowplay
Manager

Postby CrazyCrazy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:54 pm

Shadowplay wrote:
crazycrazy wrote:

Earthling is awesome, one of the most underrated albums of the 90s imho.
Battle for Britain, Looking For Satellites, I'm Afraid of Americans... WOW!

And the way he sang them at his birthday concert... It's a pity he retired from touring. OK, he had serious problems, but a few theatrical gigs would be welcome...
Wooo another fan yes "Earthling" is great!! I'm currently listening to loads of albums I've not heard from him yet, there's LOADS!! :o :D
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:58 pm

Just discovered this album! WOW! I love it!!! Quite experimental! He is my current 'explore' artist and I'm finding loads of great stuff from him that I never knew about! :D
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby summer » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:01 pm

Have anyone watched Labyrinth (1986)? It was soo popular over here at some point. He's a really good actor IMHO. :D
summer
Superstar

Postby CrazyCrazy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:03 pm

JustForMe wrote:Have anyone watched Labyrinth (1986)? It was soo popular over here at some point. He's a really good actor IMHO. :D
It was good! I always liked "Never Ending Story" and "The Dark Crystal" more! Talking about "Labyrinth" is the soundtrack album any good? Nothingfails? :P
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby summer » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:20 pm

crazycrazy wrote:
JustForMe wrote:Have anyone watched Labyrinth (1986)? It was soo popular over here at some point. He's a really good actor IMHO. :D
It was good! I always liked "Never Ending Story" and "The Dark Crystal" more! Talking about "Labyrinth" is the soundtrack album any good? Nothingfails? :P
I still fancy many songs from it :D
summer
Superstar

Postby CrazyCrazy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:31 pm

JustForMe wrote:
crazycrazy wrote:
I still fancy many songs from it :D
Well I'll probably download it anyway! :lol:

What albums have you heard from him? :D
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby summer » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:35 pm

crazycrazy wrote:Well I'll probably download it anyway! :lol:

I remember separate songs rather than albums. I was somewhat too young for him but I looove to discover more of his music. He's iconic. :D
summer
Superstar

Postby CrazyCrazy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:39 pm

JustForMe wrote:
crazycrazy wrote:Well I'll probably download it anyway! :lol:

I remember separate songs rather than albums. I was somewhat too young for him but I looove to discover more of his music. He's iconic. :D
Well I am also too young to remember him at the time he was popular [I'm 23] but I love discovering old music. :D You should try and listen to some of his albums, he has many great ones! :D
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby summer » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:43 pm

crazycrazy wrote:
Well I am also too young to remember him at the time he was popular [I'm 23] but I love discovering old music. :D You should try and listen to some of his albums, he has many great ones! :D
I always felt you're into oldies too :D I always fancied the old school gang :P :D
summer
Superstar

Postby CrazyCrazy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:46 pm

JustForMe wrote:
crazycrazy wrote:
I always felt you're into oldies too :D I always fancied the old school gang :P :D
I know there's good and interesting music now but I seem to find better music as I go back in time. :D
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:52 pm

crazycrazy wrote:
Its okay but it is easily Bowie at his cheesy poppiest. Underground and Magic Dance could've been done by Madonna in 1986 :lol:

Honestly, Bowie's one of my faves, but his whole unceremonious retirement has made it hard to be excited about him. He was on a roll with new music, and then he has a health scare and says "eff it". I don't blame him in one sense, but as a fan I won't lie that I like being selfish and wishing he'd put a new album out.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby summer » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:58 pm

NothingFails wrote:
Honestly, Bowie's one of my faves, but his whole unceremonious retirement has made it hard to be excited about him. He was on a roll with new music, and then he has a health scare and says "eff it". I don't blame him in one sense, but as a fan I won't lie that I like being selfish and wishing he'd put a new album out.
Well we are never happy with them: some don't know when to retire, some go too early. It's never a win. 8-)
summer
Superstar

Postby CrazyCrazy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:05 pm

NothingFails wrote:
crazycrazy wrote:
Its okay but it is easily Bowie at his cheesy poppiest. Underground and Magic Dance could've been done by Madonna in 1986 :lol:

Well I'm excited because I'm still discovering him! :lol: :oops: But I totally see what you are saying! "Earthling" & "Outside" are getting lots of love from me at the minute both will be big hits in my upcoming weekly album top 10 I reckon! 8-)
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:08 pm

JustForMe wrote:
NothingFails wrote:
Well we are never happy with them: some don't know when to retire, some go too early. It's never a win. 8-)
True. What is so random with Bowie is that he was just going about his career, he'd released a few good albums and was on a tour, then a few troubles emerged and he threw in the towel. Compared to Cher, Kiss, Tina Turner, Glen Campbell (who is actually doing it for health reasons), a-ha and others who have made big "this is the final tour" announcements so the fans can properly say goodbye... until five years later when they decide to tour again LOL. Bowie's been MIA since 2004. I don't mind if he never tours again because artists like him are doomed to have aging boomers who refuse to hear anything past 1983 in their sets, but I think Bowie could still do the Kate Bush thing and be a good studio artist releasing a new album every now and then.
NothingFails
Legend

Postby CrazyCrazy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:15 pm

NothingFails wrote:
but I think Bowie could still do the Kate Bush thing and be a good studio artist releasing a new album every now and then.
Hmmm that would be great! I wonder if he could pull of an experimental kind of sound now though, that's when he is at his best for me, I doubt he could do a "Lodger" or an "Outside" now...but would be happy to be proven wrong. :D
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby NothingFails » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:11 am

crazycrazy wrote:
NothingFails wrote:
but I think Bowie could still do the Kate Bush thing and be a good studio artist releasing a new album every now and then.
Hmmm that would be great! I wonder if he could pull of an experimental kind of sound now though, that's when he is at his best for me, I doubt he could do a "Lodger" or an "Outside" now...but would be happy to be proven wrong. :D
Well nobody knew he still had an "Outside" left in him when he was putting out 80's pop albums like Tonight and Never Let Me Down (as pop as "Let's Dance" was, it was still a strong album).
NothingFails
Legend

Postby summer » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:18 pm

David Bowie & Mick Jagger - Dancing In The Street
I love it :lol: 8-)
I miss simple camera work and goofiness in today's videos 8-)
summer
Superstar

Postby CrazyCrazy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:04 pm

It's fun but I've never been a fan of that track! :lol:

Yes NF let's hope he can pull it our of the bag whether it be a pop album or more experimental one, well if he ever does come back that is! :lol: :(
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Postby summer » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:09 pm

crazycrazy wrote:It's fun but I've never been a fan of that track! :lol:
I can imagine TBH :lol: :lol:
summer
Superstar

Postby CrazyCrazy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:11 pm

JustForMe wrote:
crazycrazy wrote:It's fun but I've never been a fan of that track! :lol:
I can imagine TBH :lol: :lol:
It just seems corny to me! :lol: I do like it though but nowhere near his best. :wink:
CrazyCrazy
Legend

Return to General Artists Discussion