Spice Girls

Moderators: tdc2000, Wayne, Benjamin, stevyy

Postby nekoocz » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:57 am

biscuits wrote:Mel C loves playing the victim and plugging the group for her own gain
What exactly is her gain?
And what all did she said that made her look like a victim. As far as i remember she always said she loves being Spice Girls, how much they support each other etc ... she said she has eating disorder because of he stress, !but i do not remember her blaming anyone.
nekoo.cz - follow me
nekoocz
Legend

Postby menime123 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:23 am

Mel C's gain is that she is attempting to explain why she doesn't want to go back into the Spice Girls. She knows many were disappointed she dropped out of the reunion, having teased it a number of times herself and is trying to explain it away any way she can in order to flog a few more copies of her solo album.

It's as simple as that really - dropping out meant much more exposure for her album than it would have otherwise got. She's in the news every few days now for the last few months because she's talking about the group.
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby muzik_biz_wiz » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:32 am

Sorry I agree she's pretty full of it. This Little Mix thing...I know it's been blown out of proportion a bit but she literally done a shoot pretty much in udnerwear, slated them for wearing raunchy clothes then posted a naked instagram. She's always been speak before you think.
Uk the only way
muzik_biz_wiz
Manager

Postby biscuits » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:49 pm

Her gain is headlines. Talking about the group which she has 'totally 100% moved on' from is the only thing which gets her attention.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby Nippian93 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:16 pm

Mel B's dad died of cancer yesterday [*].
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:19 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby PerKitty » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:21 pm

Something about the Spice Girls' movie Spiceworld ended their momentum in the USA back in 1999-2000...
PerKitty
Roadie

Postby Ewokguy15 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:02 pm

The lack of music being releasing and a key member leaving probably didn't help either…
Ewokguy15
Manager

Postby SawyerHewitt » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:09 pm

Viva forever is timeless.
My fave Spice Girls song ever.
Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.
SawyerHewitt
Manager

Postby ThaInfo1 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:59 am

I love Oxygen.

Postby PerKitty » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:26 am

I remember when their song Holler was released maybe in 2000, I was so young and innocent and that song made me survive that year. Ahhhh...1999-2000 was another phenomenal time in music as was 1989...
PerKitty
Roadie

Postby Crackiswack » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:31 am

^Meow!
Please Stop the Music
Crackiswack
Manager

Postby PerKitty » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:35 am

hahahaha...purrrrrr purrrrrrr...lol
PerKitty
Roadie

Postby Crackiswack » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:43 am

No offense but you're old! I was a little thing in 99!
Please Stop the Music
Crackiswack
Manager

Postby PerKitty » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:47 am

lol all good. but please leave my posts alone.
PerKitty
Roadie

Postby biscuits » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:08 am

Crackiswack wrote:No offense but you're old! I was a little thing in 99!
Don't be so rude.
biscuits
The Diva

Postby PerKitty » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:25 pm

thank you Biscuits.
PerKitty
Roadie

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:39 am

Not STEPS doing a better job at celebrating their anniversary and doing something FOR THE FANS better than the almighty Spice brand.
Don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan but since their reunion it's becoming more and more obvious that the almighty dollar drives most of the ladies, not that it's a bad thing, but it definitely sours some of the goodwill and memories I have for them.
Before I get pounced on no I don't expect the other 2 to return to the fold just because I want them to and Geri's pregnancy really threw a spanner in the works for G.E.M but an acknowledgement or something would be nice to give back something to the fans that have given you the life you're accustomed to.
I'm willing to be proven wrong but I don't see any new Spice work coming to fruition.
Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby biscuits » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:46 am

AussiePopStar8 wrote:Not STEPS doing a better job at celebrating their anniversary and doing something FOR THE FANS better than the almighty Spice brand.
Don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan but since their reunion it's becoming more and more obvious that the almighty dollar drives most of the ladies, not that it's a bad thing, but it definitely sours some of the goodwill and memories I have for them.
Before I get pounced on no I don't expect the other 2 to return to the fold just because I want them to and Geri's pregnancy really threw a spanner in the works for G.E.M but an acknowledgement or something would be nice to give back something to the fans that have given you the life you're accustomed to.
I'm willing to be proven wrong but I don't see any new Spice work coming to fruition.
Too many egos in the Spice Girls, but understandably as they each had post-Spice careers (some obviously more successful than others) whereas no member of Steps has anything else going on for them so it's easier to reunite
biscuits
The Diva

Postby AussiePopStar8 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:33 pm

biscuits wrote:
AussiePopStar8 wrote:Not STEPS doing a better job at celebrating their anniversary and doing something FOR THE FANS better than the almighty Spice brand.
Too many egos in the Spice Girls, but understandably as they each had post-Spice careers (some obviously more successful than others) whereas no member of Steps has anything else going on for them so it's easier to reunite
Yeh except you know make new music the fans want and do an arena tour to support it.
Anyways the rumoured Hyde Park show seem to have been a pipe dream and the G.E.M project gone silent and both Mel C and Victoria have nixed again reunion rumors in the past couple of days...

Mel C
Mel C revealed she wouldn't feel comfortable reuniting unless all her former bandmates were on board.

Melanie Chisholm won't take part in a Spice Girls reunion unless all five Spices are on board.
The singer, along with Victoria Beckham, has ruled out taking part in the celebrations for the band's 20th anniversary of the release of their first single Wannabe. 
When quizzed by host Davina McCall on Britain's The Nightly Show, Chisholm revealed she wouldn't feel comfortable reuniting unless all her former bandmates - Geri Horner, Mel Brown, Emma Bunton and Beckham - were on board. 

"That's where I'm at right now. In fact, that's where myself and Victoria are right now," she explained. "Everybody knows what an amazing thing she's done in the world of fashion.
READ MORE:

"I kinda feel like it's not really doing the band justice going out as a four-piece. Whoever is missing - it doesn't matter! For me, Spice Girls - it's like a jigsaw puzzle. It's not the same. It's different for other bands. Look at Take That: they're going out as a three-piece, I love the boys. 
"With the Spice Girls, everything about us is the individuality and what we created together."

And Chisholm admitted it would be hard to top the Spice Girls' performance at the closing ceremony at the Olympic Games in London back in 2012. 
Ad Feedback

"It was the best thing ever. In my history of the Spice Girls, that's my favourite thing," she beamed. "It was incredible."
Victoria
We already know that Victoria Beckham isn't up for taking part in the Spice Girls reunion, but now it looks like there won't be one happening at all.
Speaking on The Today Show Victoria said: "There won't be a reunion because I think that when we performed at the Olympics, that was so great and that was us celebrating everything that we'd achieved."
This makes us think that the GEM (that's Geri, Emma and Mel B) reunion may have been called off, after one of their songs leaked and Geri announced her second pregnancy.

Of course, you could say that Victoria is referring to a five-piece reunion and/or is so busy with her fashion stuff she has no idea that GEM is/was a thing, but she did add the following:
"I still talk to all the other girls. We're still very close, but I think you need to know when it's time to actually say 'that was great, we achieved a lot' and everybody moves on.
"But I'll always be Posh."

Victoria did have a mini-Spice Girls reunion on stage on New Year's Eve, as she joined fellow non-GEM-committer Mel C to perform their classic hit '2 Become 1'.
Speaking of Mel C, she reiterated that she's not up for a reunion either.
Meanwhile, Mel B is still very much up for it but is actually really busy all throughout 2017.
So just Emma then?

Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...
AussiePopStar8
Manager

Postby ThaInfo1 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:35 pm

Yeah a reunion is happening for a while, if ever.

I would love for a performance but I don't mind that they want to really end everything on a high note. I mean you can get any better than an olympic performance.

Postby Nippian93 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:28 am

Mel B Files for Divorce From Stephen Belafonte After Nearly 10 Years of Marriage

E! News has obtained court documents that reveal the Spice Girls songstress and America's Got Talent judge has filed for divorce after nearly 10 years with the film producer. Mel B (real name Melanie Brown) cited "irreconcilable differences" for the breakup and is asking the court to terminate spousal support to Stephen.
http://www.eonline.com/uk/news/837449/m ... f-marriage
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:15 pm

❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby oaknuys » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:27 am

So what happened to that GEM thingy? After that dire video message I thought they would have bring us some sorta surprise already
Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting :)
oaknuys
Manager

Postby SawyerHewitt » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:07 am

Yeah, according to crackiswack anyone older than 26 is part of The Golden Girls' cast.

Whatever...
I stanned so hard for Holler when it came out. Effing masterpiece <3
Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.
SawyerHewitt
Manager

Return to General Artists Discussion