Barbra Streisand

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, stevyy, Benjamin, bm08

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:00 pm

LOS ANGELES, Sept. 5, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Houston native rapper Bun B has teamed up with SB Projects founder Scooter Braun to present Hand in Hand: A Benefit for Hurricane Harvey Relief telethon to aid those affected by Hurricane Harvey. The one-hour special will be based in Los Angeles with stages in New York, Nashville and a special performance by Country Music icon and Texas native George Strait from his San Antonio benefit concert. Hand in Hand will air live on ABC, CBS, CMT, FOX and NBC on Tuesday, September 12, 8:00-9:00pmEST on the East Coast and replay 8:00-9:00pmPST on the West Coast. The show will also be available internationally via live stream on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter starting at 8:00pmEST during the first broadcast.

Hand in Hand will bring the country together to raise funds, spirits and help rebuild Texas in the wake of this unprecedented devastation. Proceeds from the telethon will benefit United Way of Greater Houston, Habitat for Humanity, Save the Children, Direct Relief, Feeding Texas and The Mayor's Fund for Hurricane Harvey Relief (administered by the Greater Houston Community Fund) through the Hand in Hand Hurricane Relief Fund managed by Comic Relief USA.

The broadcast will feature appearances, performances, taped tributes and messages from some of the nation's biggest stars including George Clooney, Jamie Foxx, Karlie Kloss, Beyoncé, Matt Lauer, Rob Lowe, Matthew McConaughey, Norah O'Donnell, Dennis Quaid, Julia Roberts, Kelly Rowland, Adam Sandler, Ryan Seacrest, Michael Strahan, Blake Shelton, Strait, Barbra Streisand, Oprah Winfrey and Reese Witherspoon with more to be announced. Strait, a Country Music Hall of Fame member who is leading the country music world in these efforts, will perform directly from his benefit concert at San Antonio's Majestic Theatre.

Phone lines, text messaging, and digital donations will be open at the beginning of the show and will conclude one-hour after the show ends. For more information, updates and a link to donate, please visit www.HandInHand2017.com.

The Hand in Hand broadcast will be produced by SB Projects and Den of Thieves with Scooter Braun, Bernard 'Bun B' Freeman, Allison Kaye, Jesse Ignjatovic and Evan Prager serving as Executive Producers. Additional Executive Producers are Chris Choun, and Lee Lodge with Jordan Brown, Penni Thow and Barb Bialkowski serving as Co-Executive Producers.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE:
www.HandInHand2017.com

OFFICIAL HASHTAG:
#HandInHand

LOCATIONS:
NEW YORK: Times Square
LOS ANGELES: Universal Studios
NASHVILLE: The Grand Ole Opry
SAN ANTONIO: Majestic Theatre

PRESS CONTACT
Stephanie Jones & Kirby Allison
JONESWORKS
sbp@jonesworks.com

SOURCE SB Projects

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 13673.html
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★2Osc+  10Gram+  5Em+  Tony 
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★Biggest Box office Actress
★Only Artist No.1 in 7 Decades
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:28 am

Mod edit - please keep chart data to the chart topics when it concerns that amount of data.
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:33 am

Mod edit - please keep chart data to the chart topics when it concerns that amount of data.
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby RayRay » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:18 pm

:o :o :o

I hope you copied and pasted this. :lol:
RayRay
Legend

Postby QueenMadonna » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:27 pm

Sorry, the list is too long for me to search :lol: How many albums and singles #1 she has on Billboard?
QueenMadonna
Roadie

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:25 am

RayRay wrote::o :o :o

I hope you copied and pasted this. :lol:
It's post by kingofskiffle in his great thread Artist Chart Historic, it's the best analysis of Barbra US chart performances ever seen
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:35 am

QueenMadonna wrote:Sorry, the list is too long for me to search :lol: How many albums and singles #1 she has on Billboard?
11th No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart,

record for the most No. 1 albums among women, and ties her with Bruce Springsteen for the third-most among all acts.

record for the longest span between No. 1s on the Billboard 200. Encore arrives 51 years, 10 months and 17 days after her first No. 1, People, spent its initial week at No. 1 (Oct. 31, 1964).

The only act to have achieved No. 1 albums in the last six decades -- the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s and 2010s.
The highest Female rank in Billboard Greatest Billboard 200 album artist

1824 weeks in Billboard 200, record for Female
Last edited by CelinetoBarbra on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:47 am

QueenMadonna wrote:Sorry, the list is too long for me to search :lol: How many albums and singles #1 she has on Billboard?
She has achieved five No. 1 singles in the US, the most for a female singer in the 1970s, and sang lead on a No. 1 hit single at least once every year from 1977 to 1980 in the US, a period of 4 consecutive years and the first female performer to achieve it. Streisand also was one of the elite acts with top 10s in four different decades. In 1974, "The Way We Were" became the first original single by a female artist to achieve the No. 1 song of the year in US

In 1964, Streisand became the first and only female artist to place three albums in the top 10 on Billboard's annual albums chart.[12] Five Barbra Streisand albums appeared on the Billboard 200 album chart on October 31, 1964, Streisand held the record for the female with the Most albums in the Top 200 simultaneously for nearly half a century, until Whitney Houston had ten albums place in the Billboard 200 chart at the same time after fans learned of her death. During March 5-19, 1977, Streisand became the first female singer to have a No. 1 album (A Star Is Born) and single (Evergreen (Love Theme from A Star Is Born)) in the same week in US.
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby QueenMadonna » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:35 pm

^^Thank you so much :wink:
QueenMadonna
Roadie

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:15 pm

Great article!

Lessons from Barbra Streisand

November 06, 2006|By NEWSDAY, REDEYE.

Pop music is full of young divas, but currently on tour is the mother of them all, Barbra Streisand. Before Beyonce, Christina or Fergie, Babs was speaking her mind during a career that's spanned more than 40 years. Streisand is the ultimate role model for any female singer hoping to become a multimedia star. Here's a look at how today's pop stars are ripping pages from Streisand's songbook.

Be gay-friendly

Streisand: One of her first performances was at a gay West Village nightclub; her son, Jason Gould, came out as gay; and c'mon, girls, she's like BUTTAH!

Trainees: Christina Aguilera embraces her gay fans, has talked about her gay best bud in The Advocate and recorded the gay-positive song "Beautiful."

Make your name

Streisand: Barbra dropped the extra "a" early on, and recorded the albums "My Name is Barbra," "My Name is Barbra, Two," "Color Me Barbra" and "Simply Streisand." Guess she had a point to make.

Trainees: Beyonce, Pink, Rihanna, Kelis, Xtina, Britney, Madonna--everybody's doing it now.

Break into movies

Streisand: Won an Oscar for "Funny Girl" and has starred in dozens of other films, most recently 2004's "Meet the Fockers."

Trainees: Beyonce's set to break out as a serious actress in "Dreamgirls," but Britney Spears ("Crossroads"), Mariah Carey ("Glitter") and Madonna (too many to mention) have mostly disappointed.

Date your producer

Streisand: She dated the ambitious hairdresser Jon Peters, who ended up producing her film "A Star Is Born."

Trainees: Carey married her producer Tommy Mottola (as did singer Thalia, by the way); Janet Jackson dates record producer Jermaine Dupri; Madonna dated "Dick Tracy" producer Warren Beatty.

Show some skin

Streisand: In her video "Left in the Dark," Babs appears in, um, something that starts below her shoulders and ends far above her knees. She also filmed a topless scene for "The Owl and the Pussycat" but decided to kill it.

Trainees: It's hard to name a current pop singer who hasn't bared more than Barbra. Maybe there's a lesson in that too.

Oh, the drama

Streisand: She quit touring for 27 years beginning in 1967 because she suffered from stage fright. Recent drama came during her current tour--in New York, hecklers forced her to get all profane and in Florida, an irate spectator threw a drink at her.

Trainees: See Fiona Apple (onstage freakout), Mariah (breakdown), Britney (so many bad decisions).

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2006 ... ainees-gay
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:24 pm

Acoording to USATODAY "People who need Barbra Streisand are indeed lucky these days: [b]The mother of all contemporary pop divas[b] suddenly appears to be everywhere" ,her peers such as Aretha, Diana.., her younger fellow divas such as Madonna, Kylie, MJB, Whitney from Britney, Beyonce to Adele, Lady Gaga and so on all cited Barbra as their favorite artist or idol

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... n-20140324 It's cover her “favorite female singers” – songs like Donna Summer’s "Last Dance" and Barbra Streisand’s "People."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diana_Ross ... d_Perform_"Funny_Girl"‍

Mariah:
http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/evolutio ... es/462394/

Whitney:
http://articles.latimes.com/1992-11-22/ ... -houston/5
Houston says dismissively, pointing to her early role models "Streisand, Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughan, Aretha" as "pure voices who needed no gimmick."

Madonna
http://www.thebacklot.com/happy-birthda ... k/04/2015/
Queen Madge:...We love you ,Barbra ... (Barbra appeared in 7:26) OMGGGGGGGGGGG

Celine:
As we know

Kylie
http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/201 ... -amaze-me/
I look at people like Barbra Streisand, she did it all.
She’s someone very inspiring to me – directing your own films and starring in them is pretty admirable.

MJB
http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/09/mary-j-bl ... e-4220625/
Barbra Streisand! I remember being a fan of hers when she did her first r’n’b album with The Bee Gees, Guilty. I love her as an actress, too. She’s everything you want to be.

Britney
http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/201 ... hort-news/
"I love Barbra Streisand. I think she is very theatrical and I love the way she speaks to people through her music."

Beyonce
http://www.justjared.com/2009/07/13/bey ... de-lounge/
articles.latimes.com/2008/nov/13/entertainment/et-beyonce13 articles.latimes.com/2008/nov/13/entertainment/et-beyonce13

Lady Gaga http://www.cbsnews.com/news/a-tale-of-3-divas/
http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/201 ... my-sister/

Anderson Cooper: I think I’ve seen Barbra Streisand do it and I think Madonna might have done it on “60 Minutes”-interview.
Lady Gaga: Ok there… well you just named two of my sisters. If you told me that Madonna didn’t, I would have called her and said “I know you did”.

And one of biggest diva fan
Cyndi:
I remember when I first met him and he told me Barbra Streisand actually sang to him and I was jealous on so many levels. Like 1, I never even met Barbra and she sang to him and I used to sing with her so much when I was little and she didn't even know.
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... reddit-ama

If you don't necessarily peg Lauper as a Broadway fan, you'd be wrong. She grew up listening to musicals. One of her favorite albums is Barbra Streisand's "Funny Girl."
"Barbra does not know how she and I sang together. That's how I learned how to sing.
http://abc7.com/entertainment/cyndi-lau ... py/394270/
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:25 pm

Off course, Barbra is also one of most underrated Fashion icon and sex symbol,

1977, Streisand become the first woman celebrity to be on the cover of [[Playboy]] whowas interviewed inside.
http://s44.photobucket.com/user/tomasp2 ... 3.jpg.html

In 2011, [[Jennifer Aniston]] paid tribute to Streisand in a series of poses that recreated some of Streisand's classic looks on the cover of [[Harper's Bazaar]].
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n ... bra-240675

In 2013, [[Victoria Beckham]] revealed that Streisand was her own style icon. "She is the epitome of chic. She looked magnificent. She wears lots of [[Donna Karan]], and she had on this fabulous Donna Karan dress that just draped perfectly. She had this gorgeous hair. She was just beautiful. I love her."
http://www.elleuk.com/fashion/celebrity ... style-icon

In celebrating Streisand's 72nd birthday in 2014, [[Marie Claire]] wrote, "She is an icon in every sense of the world. The Brooklyn-born triple threat went from a NYC cabaret singer to Broadway star overnight and went on to conquer the silver screen, pop charts, and every stage she set foot on. She also established herself as a fashion icon thanks to her fearless sense of style".
http://www.marieclaire.com/fashion/g220 ... and-style/
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby menime123 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:44 pm

I don’t mind a bit of Babs but I find her too contrived. All I know is I don’t want her - in any shape or form - to play Madam Rose in her pet project remake of Gypsy. I’ve never liked how she never went back to Broadway and did another musical.
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby Wayne » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:45 pm

menime123 wrote:I don’t mind a bit of Babs but I find her too contrived. All I know is I don’t want her - in any shape or form - to play Madam Rose in her pet project remake of Gypsy. I’ve never liked how she never went back to Broadway and did another musical.
Uh-oh, you’re in for it...
Wayne
Administrator

Postby menime123 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:17 pm

I am? :lol:
Girls Aloud: only 4 years left of my decade long signature countdown to my dream 20th anniversary reunion tour...
menime123
Legend

Postby Wayne » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:22 pm

Yes, CelinetoBarbra will not be amused.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby menime123 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:25 pm

But I’m a Barbara fan. It’s all good.
menime123
Legend

Postby Wayne » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:26 pm

I'm a fan of the music, but I've never really dug that deep as far as her acting goes - I don't usually like the acting side of big singers.
Wayne
Administrator

Postby menime123 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:27 pm

Actually I was listening to her live version of Pure Imagination earlier (it’s just been released to Spotify). She still has that pristine vocal. You honestly can’t fault her.
menime123
Legend

Postby Spartan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:28 pm

menime123 wrote:Actually I was listening to her live version of Pure Imagination earlier (it’s just been released to Spotify). She still has that pristine vocal. You honestly can’t fault her.
I need to check that out. I love her duet of that with Seth McFarlane.
Spartan
Legend

Postby menime123 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:31 pm

Wayne wrote:I'm a fan of the music, but I've never really dug that deep as far as her acting goes - I don't usually like the acting side of big singers.
I only really know Funny Girl, which was her big break and she was brilliant in it. I really want to see Hello Dolly as I’ve just discovered Bette Midler’s album of the musical, and really want to see the story that goes with it. But I’m a big fan of the musical Gypsy, and she’s 30 years too old for the lead part.

But as a Madonna fan, I usually avoid movies from those who also release music as experience hasn’t been kind :lol:
menime123
Legend

Postby Westen » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:42 pm

I only know Woman in Love from her, outside of that song i really don't know what kind of music she's making
Westen
Legend

Postby Lioha » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:03 am

Lioha
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:35 pm

Netflix Special to Air in November
According to a Netflix page and schedule that was published this weekend on their site, Barbra Streisand's concert special will begin streaming November 22nd.
The concert was filmed back in December at Miami's American Airlines Arena. Documentary cameras followed Barbra during her 4-city tour to Houton, Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale and, finally, Miami. The special should be an exciting combination of live concert footage and documentary scenes. At the Miami show, Barbra also included Patrick Wilson and Jamie Foxx for duets.
Netflix describes the special as "dazzling ballads, Broadway standards and stories from behind the scenes."
Netflix has not published a press release, nor a trailer for the special yet — but we can only assume those are due to hit the internet very soon. Also, no word on when the special will begin streaming in Europe. Wait for the official release for all the info.
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:36 pm

[b]Streisand Live CDs[b]

Columbia Records has announced the upcoming release of Barbra Streisand's The Music…The Mem'ries…the Magic! album to debut on December 8th.

The Music...The Mem'ries...The Magic! is the album of record for Barbra Streisand's triumphant concert tour of the same name in 2016. This collection captures the iconic songstress culminating her 13 city tour in Miami, Florida on December 5th, 2016.
The album is available in two versions (track listings below): A single disc, 19-song album of memorable concert highlights, and a Deluxe 2 disc set featuring the entire concert performance.
Both versions of this album are also available digitally. This career spanning collection also includes a performance of "Climb Ev'ry Mountain" with special guest, Jamie Foxx.
Pre-order the deluxe 2-CD from Amazon
Pre-order the 1-CD version from Amazon
Pre-order the DELUXE ALBUM from iTunes (digital)
Pre-order from Official Barbra Streisand Store (with contest/giveaway)
The tracks on the deluxe album are:
DISC 1: ACT I
People Overture (Entrance)
The Way We Were
Introductory Remarks
Everything
Being At War With Each Other
No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)
Evergreen
You Don’t Bring Me Flowers
Being Alive
Directing Movies
Papa, Can You Hear Me?
DISC 2: ACT II
Pure Imagination
Making Encore (with Seth MacFarlane, Alec Baldwin, Chris Pine, Jamie Foxx, Antonio Banderas, Anne Hathaway, Hugh Jackman, Patrick Wilson, Melissa McCarthy, Daisy Ridley)
Who Can I Turn To (When Nobody Needs Me) with Anthony Newley
Losing My Mind
Isn’t This Better
How Lucky Can You Get
Don’t Rain On My Parade
People
Climb Ev’ry Mountain with Jamie Foxx
Happy Days Are Here Again
Jingle Bells?
With One More Look At You
I Didn’t Know What Time It Was
BONUS TRACKS