Barbra Streisand

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:54 am

RayRay wrote:Mariah Carey mentions Barbra in one of her new songs!
Which song? I have heard thewhole album
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★2Osc+  10Gram+  5Em+  Tony 
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★Biggest Box office Actress
★Only Artist No.1 in 7 Decades
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby itsawrap » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:33 am

CelinetoBarbra wrote:
RayRay wrote:Mariah Carey mentions Barbra in one of her new songs!
Which song? I have heard thewhole album
Giving me life.

Giving me life and it's everything
Thinkin' 'bout when we were seventeen
Livin' like Babs 'cause it's evergreen
Here in my arms is where you should be
Me. I am Itsawrap.
itsawrap
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:40 pm

Thank you
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:24 pm

Manilow’s return coincides with the hotel’s 50th anniversary. It opened as the International in 1969, with Barbra Streisand as the first headliner in the International Theater and Elvis Presley as the showroom’s first resident superstar.
https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertain ... e-1531038/
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:01 am

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... gs-763608/

Silent Night”
I’ve been singing this my whole life, but many years ago, I saw Barbra Streisand sing it in Central Park in the summer. I went “Wow, I’ve never thought about this song like this. You can sing the song any time of the year ’cause you’re just talking about a silent, white, holy night and that can be any night.” And the melody of that song is so beautiful. We used to have early morning services at church — around five a.m. we would always go sing that song. It always brings back such wonderful memories when I hear it.
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:30 pm

https://www.vulture.com/amp/2018/12/pat ... and-a.html

In the course of my research, I saw that you once performed a duet with Barbra Streisand for a compilation CD she was putting together. Are you two pals?

I did three concerts with her, did the album, hosted her at a town-hall thing for Sirius Radio. We’re friends, I’d say, sure. I haven’t seen her in a while, but that being said, I adore her. She really is unbelievable. It was an odd year, shooting a film in the spring and then all those shows in the fall, then another show in Miami. It was the gift that kept on giving; I thought I was just going to be doing a song with her, then suddenly, ‘They’re gonna come back and film me, wanna come?’ and ‘We’re going on tour, wanna sing a couple shows with us? Wanna do another one?’ We felt comfortable around one another; she was very easygoing and unassuming for someone who’s such a titan of her field. I grew up a singer, my mother’s a voice teacher, and I always marveled at her voice. Not even anything around it, but the quality of the instrument. How she’s maintained it, all through a career as one of the greatest singers of the 20th century and now the 21st, I’m in awe.
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:42 pm

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2018/ ... -composer/
She is credited as a co-writer with a trio of men: Andrew Wyatt, Anthony Rossomando and Mark Ronson. Should she prevail, she’d become the 11th woman to win an Oscar for composing. The first, Barbra Streisand, also won for writing the music for a song in her version of “A Star is Born.” Back in 1976, Streisand wrote and sang “Evergreen,” which has become one of the top hits in her repertoire.

Since Streisand made Academy Awards history, nine female composers have followed her up to the podium. The most recent of those, Kristen Anderson-Lopez , won twice for songs she co-wrote with her husband, Robert Lopez: “Let It Go” from “Frozen” (2013) and “Remember Me” from “Coco” (2017).

SEE Lady Gaga ahead to win Best Original Song Oscar now that ‘Shallow’ is only ‘A Star is Born’ submission

Five years after Streisand prevailed, Carole Bayer Sager shared in the win for “Best That You Can Do,” the theme from “Arthur,” with Peter Allen, Burt Bacharach and singer/songwriter Christopher Cross. The following year, Buffy Saint-Marie and co-composer Jack Nitzsche as well as lyricist Will Jennings won for “Up Where You Belong” from “An Officer and a Gentleman.”
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:46 pm

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news ... t-versions
Barbra Streisand (1967)

Barbra Streisand’s bizarre and exciting cover of “Jingle Bells” will leave you surprised, uplifted, and a little confused. The track is a very fast-paced, and almost hectic rendition of the original song, but Streisand’s excellent breath control and powerhouse of a voice more than makes up for the cover’s Christmas-y chaos.
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:11 pm

ASC Launches 100th Anniversary Festivities With Clubhouse Event and a Message From Barbra Striesand

The evening wrapped with an audio message from Barbra Streisand, who received ASC’s Board of Governors Award in 2015. “Congratulations to the American Society of Cinematographers on celebrating your 100th year anniversary,” she said. “I’ve always considered myself extremely fortunate that the first time I stood in front of a motion picture camera, the great Harry Stradling was seated behind it. His understanding of how to film actors in a way that enhanced their performance, and how to blend shadows and light to paint pictures in the dark, was a thrilling revelation to me
https://variety.com/2019/artisans/news/ ... 04246/amp/
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:14 pm

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2019/ ... s-history/
The HFPA gave its best director prize to Barbra Streisand for her 1983 directorial debut “Yenta.” Streisand, who won Oscars for Best Actress for 1968’s “Funny Girl” and song for 1976’s “Evergreen,” never received an academy nomination in the directing category. And the Oscars didn’t award a woman for best director until 26 years later when Kathryn Bigelow won for “The Hurt Locker.”
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:05 pm

https://people.com/music/barbra-streisa ... -gala/amp/
Barbra Streisand and Gisele Bündchen to be Honored for Environmental Activism During Oscar Week
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Return to General Artists Discussion