Barbra Streisand

Moderators: tdc2000, stevyy, Benjamin

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:44 pm

Angelyne wrote:I've always preferred Bette Midler. Her voice is more versatile than Barbra's. There's no way she could sing and rock out like Bette did in The Rose. Bette has recorded songs from so many different genres of music. Her debut album, The Divine Miss M, is one of the best of all time. Barbra is too samey and unlikeable.
How many Barbra‘s record have you heard?Barbra is one of the music artist with most versatile music types, her 10#1( vs Bette Midler 0 #1 :lol: ): one Jazz , one Soul/Rnb , two Show tunes , one Country/Rock , three Pop/ Rock, two Traditional Pop, and Barbra also have two disco #1. Please listen to Memory and Woman in love , almost the same year recorded, different voices. :wink:
By the way, Bette Midler On Barbra Streisand: “I think she’s prettier than me. Have you seen her in person? She is a very beautiful person, beautiful skin and hair. I’d never dump on Barbra Streisand. Never!”
Midler tells The Observer magazine, "I would have like to have duetted with Barbra Streisand by now. She is adorable.
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★2Osc+  10Gram+  5Em+  Tony 
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★Biggest Box office Actress
★Only Artist No.1 in 7 Decades
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Personal Assistant

Postby Nippian93 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:22 pm

Barbra Streisand on Hillary Clinton's Victory: 'It's About Time!'

After Hillary Clinton declared victory against Bernie Sanders in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination on Tuesday night (June 7), artists from Lady Gaga to Katy Perry cheered the historic achievement.

Now Barbra Streisand, one of the most famous and passionate Democrats in the entertainment realm, has weighed in on the fact that for the first time in American history, a woman is running for president under the banner of a major political party.

"I feel a tremendous rush of pride because this is a woman who is more than qualified to be president," Streisand said in a statement. "Isn't it interesting how a barrier seems insurmountable -- until it comes down? I hope girls across the country are thinking, 'That could be me.' And like I said after the first woman got a best director Academy Award, it's about time!"

Streisand will release Encore: Movie Partners Sing Broadway, later in 2016. The new album features the music/film/stage/philanthropy legend singing duets of Broadway songs with movie stars.
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... t-democrat
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby RayRay » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:15 pm

This duet is not on her new album, but it is hilarious! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RayRay
Superstar

Postby GetBack » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:18 pm

She's amazing, she's still so relevant after six decades!
GetBack
Legend

Postby RayRay » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:49 pm

Congratulations Babs, for having another #1 album!
RayRay
Superstar

Postby YoungAndReckless » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:35 am

Wow, she did it again! Yet another no.1 in the USA, yet another one in the UK and Australia too! :o
YoungAndReckless
Roadie

Postby red3269 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:52 pm

A living legend who can truly do it all!

Music's biggest queen!
red3269
Personal Assistant

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:13 pm

Current Boxscore

Rank Artist/Event Venue City/State Event Dates Gross Sales Attend/ Capacity Shows/Sellouts Prices Promoters
1 Barbra Streisand BB&T Center Sunrise, Fla. Dec. 3, 2016 $3,247,670 12,262 / 12,262 1 / 1 $510, $99 Live Nation/S2BN Entertainment
2 Barbra Streisand Toyota Center Houston, Texas Nov. 27, 2016 $3,022,440 11,591 / 11,591 1 / 1 $510, $99 Live Nation/S2BN Entertainment
3 Barbra Streisand Amalie Arena Tampa, Fla. Nov. 30, 2016 $2,413,705 10,035 / 10,035 1 / 1 $510, $99 Live Nation/S2BN Entertainment
5 Barbra Streisand American Airlines Arena Miami, Fla. Dec. 5, 2016 $2,080,785 10,071 / 10,071 1 / 1 $510, $99 Live Nation/S2BN Entertainment
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Personal Assistant

Postby intosoul » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:34 pm

Barbra fans, is there a compilation album with her movie songs from the 60's and 70's ?
intosoul
Superstar

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:15 pm

Last edited by CelinetoBarbra on Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Personal Assistant

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:16 pm

intosoul wrote:Barbra fans, is there a compilation album with her movie songs from the 60's and 70's ?
No official compilation of movie songs :-?
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Personal Assistant

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:20 am

Happy Birthday :)
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Personal Assistant

Postby Nippian93 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:20 am

Happy Birthday !
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:21 pm

Barbra Streisand: Love Letter to the LGBTQ Community
The first time I ever sang for a paying audience was at a gay club, The Lion, in Greenwich Village. I was 18 years old and had never been in a nightclub before. The gay community supported me from the start, and I will always be grateful.

Decades later, I remember sitting in a theater and watching Larry Kramer’s play, The Normal Heart, with tears running down my cheeks. It was 1985 and Ronald Reagan was president and it was heartbreaking to know people were dying while he refused to even say the word AIDS. I wanted more people to see this powerful story about everyone’s right to love, so I tried for 25 years to get it made as a movie. No one would touch it, but thank God times have changed.

Marriage equality is the law and that deserves a toast... to all of us, because we’re all unique and beautiful in our own way and entitled to love and be loved by whomever we choose.
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... ove-letter
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:10 pm

Nippian93 wrote:Barbra Streisand: Love Letter to the LGBTQ Community
The first time I ever sang for a paying audience was at a gay club, The Lion, in Greenwich Village. I was 18 years old and had never been in a nightclub before. The gay community supported me from the start, and I will always be grateful.

Decades later, I remember sitting in a theater and watching Larry Kramer’s play, The Normal Heart, with tears running down my cheeks. It was 1985 and Ronald Reagan was president and it was heartbreaking to know people were dying while he refused to even say the word AIDS. I wanted more people to see this powerful story about everyone’s right to love, so I tried for 25 years to get it made as a movie. No one would touch it, but thank God times have changed.

Marriage equality is the law and that deserves a toast... to all of us, because we’re all unique and beautiful in our own way and entitled to love and be loved by whomever we choose.
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... ove-letter
:D
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Personal Assistant

Postby menime123 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:00 pm

Gay bars in the 1950s? Really? :lol:
Girls Aloud: Only 5 years until their 20th anniversary reunion tour! (and only 5 years until I can change my signature...)
menime123
Superstar

Postby spiritboy » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:32 am

Barbra Streisand's 'Magic' Tour Surpasses $50 Million Earned

After the diva added two dates to the tour, its total gross hit $53 million. The trek played to more than 200,000 fans.

Barbra Streisand’s The Music… The Mem’ries… The Magic Tour wrapped with a total gross of $53 million, following two final performances during May in the New York metropolitan area. The tour initially concluded last December with $46 million earned from a fall trek through North American cities, but in February, Streisand announced two further May dates.

The final two-show stint added $6.8 million in revenue to the overall tour counts, bumping it over the $50 million mark based on box office totals reported by the arenas. The gross from the two sold out concerts earns her the top slot on Billboard’s weekly slate of Hot Tours (see list below).
Streisand kicked off the final run on May 4 at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum on Long Island, one of the concerts offered during the arena’s first month of operation following a 20-month renovation. The performance drew 11,435 fans and earned $3.1 million. It marked her first performance at a Long Island venue in more than 50 years.

She returned to Brooklyn, her hometown, for the tour finale on May 6 at Barclays Center. With an attendance count of 14,464 and a $3.6 million take, it was her third show at the arena during this tour. She performed two shows there last August during the trek’s opening stretch. Overall box office counts at Barclays total $12.4 million with 43,714 tickets sold for all three concerts.

In total, The Music… The Mem’ries… The Magic Tour sold 203,423 tickets at 16 shows in 14 North American cities. She launched the trek in support of her last album, the Billboard 200 No. 1 Encore: Movie Partners Sing Broadway.

Since 2000, Streisand’s tours have surpassed more than a quarter-billion dollars in sales from 64 performances worldwide. Spanning four continents, her shows have been attended by more than 930,000 fans.
spiritboy
Legend

Postby red3269 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:03 pm

Barbra is a touring beast to be honest. If she wanted too, she could have a $200M tour quite easily if she did just 50+ dates.
red3269
Personal Assistant

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:52 pm

Since 2000, Streisand’s tours have surpassed more than a quarter-billion dollars in sales from 64 performances worldwide. Spanning four continents, her shows have been attended by more than 930,000 fans.
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Personal Assistant

Postby RayRay » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:59 pm

red3269 wrote:Barbra is a touring beast to be honest. If she wanted too, she could have a $200M tour quite easily if she did just 50+ dates.
Probably. I never paid as much for a ticket as the time I went to see Barbra.
RayRay
Superstar

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:16 am

The highest paid solo female acts of 2016.

1. Beyonce
2. Adele
3. Rihanna
4. Carrie Underwood
5. Barbra Streisand
6. Jennifer Lopez
7. Celine Dion
8. Britney Spears
9. Sia
10. Selena Gomez
11. Stevie N

it's US only - doesn't include money from her projects outside of the US.
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Personal Assistant

Postby jochen » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:01 pm

CelinetoBarbra wrote:
Angelyne wrote:I've always preferred Bette Midler. Her voice is more versatile than Barbra's. There's no way she could sing and rock out like Bette did in The Rose. Bette has recorded songs from so many different genres of music. Her debut album, The Divine Miss M, is one of the best of all time. Barbra is too samey and unlikeable.
How many Barbra‘s record have you heard?Barbra is one of the music artist with most versatile music types, her 10#1( vs Bette Midler 0 #1 :lol: ): one Jazz , one Soul/Rnb , two Show tunes , one Country/Rock , three Pop/ Rock, two Traditional Pop, and Barbra also have two disco #1. Please listen to Memory and Woman in love , almost the same year recorded, different voices. :wink:
By the way, Bette Midler On Barbra Streisand: “I think she’s prettier than me. Have you seen her in person? She is a very beautiful person, beautiful skin and hair. I’d never dump on Barbra Streisand. Never!”
Midler tells The Observer magazine, "I would have like to have duetted with Barbra Streisand by now. She is adorable.
Lol its like comparing usher and michael jackson

Streisand is a worldstar a Legend a goddess.
Midler a Comdeian
YOU cant blame nobody but YOU
jochen
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:47 am

jochen wrote:
CelinetoBarbra wrote:
Lol its like comparing usher and michael jackson

Streisand is a worldstar a Legend a goddess.
Midler a Comdeian
The most accurate description I have ever heard
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Personal Assistant

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:40 pm

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... s-top-1994
Barbra Streisand

Barbra Streisand’s first full tour broke box office records in every city it visited. Phone requests for tickets reached a staggering 5 million during the first hour of being on sale. Barbra’s set list included the no. 1s “The Way We Were” and “Evergreen.”
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Personal Assistant

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:45 pm

A Pop Star President? 10 Musician Candidates Who Could Have a Shot
Billboard:
3. Barbra Streisand. One of Hillary's most passionate celeb supporters, and likely to fall under the same unfair "New York elite" boo-hiss branding should she attempt to appeal to Middle America. Still, nobody who's sold as many records as Barbra -- 68.5 million in the U.S. alone, according to the RIAA, making her the best-selling female artist in American history -- ever did so while appealing to the coastal U.S. alone, and if 2017 politics is all about force of personality, there aren't a lot of people from a
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Personal Assistant

Return to General Artists Discussion