Barbra Streisand

Moderators: biscuits, JSparksFan, Benjamin, bm08

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:12 am

15 Classic Films Turning the Big 5-0 This Year
https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/ ... 8-44463559
There are a lot of big movie anniversaries in 2018: Can't Hardly Wait turns 20, Die Hard turns 30, and Animal House hits the big 4-0. But what about movies turning 50?

Have you seen these classics from 1968? They run the gamut from Barbra Streisand's first Oscar and Katharine Hepburn's third to genre staples like Night of the Living Dead, 2001: A Space Odyssey, and Once Upon a Time in the West. And look for Steve McQueen in the gallery, twice. He was quite the hunk back in the day.

Funny Girl
Four years after earning a Tony nomination for starring in Funny Girl on Broadway, Barbra Streisand reprised the title role for the film adaptation and earned herself an Oscar (she tied with Katharine Hepburn for The Lion in Winter).

The show and film are loosely based on the life of Broadway star and comedian Fanny Brice.
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★2Osc+  10Gram+  5Em+  Tony 
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★Biggest Box office Actress
★Only Artist No.1 in 7 Decades
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:24 pm

The 10 best movies of 1968, according to the film critic who reviewed them all

“Funny Girl”

The film “proves again the somewhat challenged truth that there is still nothing like a star in a star vehicle made for her. Barbra Streisand is of course the star, singing, dancing, clowning and emoting her way through some of the times and a bit too much of the life of Fanny Brice, in a spare-no-expense musical with all the brash and vivid dash Hollywood musicals ought to have.”

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/mo ... story.html
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:15 am

Happy 76th Birthday for Barbra!
In honor of Barbra Streisand’s birthday this month — the legendary performer turns 76 on April 24 — a new book offers an intimate look at her rise to stardom.
https://parade.com/663251/lindsaylowe/h ... the-1960s/
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:20 am

#birthdaymood Happy Birthday to one of my favorites who happens to share the same birthday ️ #barbra #feelinfancy pic.twitter.com/Eg1aqkipet

— Kelly Clarkson (@kelly_clarkson) April 24, 2018

https://www.today.com/popculture/kelly- ... s_20180425
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:26 am

Remember That Time Barbra Streisand Chatted With Golda Meir?

Despite recent appearances in duds like “Meet the Fockers” and “Guilt Trip,” Barbra Streisand, who turned 76 on April 24, is a living, breathing legend. Her awards number greater than the population of some small European nations: She’s one of a handful of performers who has won an Oscar, a Grammy, a Tony, and an Emmy. Plus, she received a Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2015.

So it’s odd to watch this 1978 clip of Streisand chatting with former Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir, during a network broadcast called “The Stars Salute Israel at 30,” because, well, Streisand herself seems a little star-struck. In the clip, Streisand stands on-stage in front of thousands of fans, while Meir, who was 80 at the time, sits at home in her living room, on what looks like a rotary phone. Streisand tells Meir what an honor it is to speak with her, to which Meir responds, much like my Nana would, with a shrug and a groan.

At the end of the conversation, Streisand sings a beautiful rendition of “Hatikvah” — during which the corny ‘70s graphics kick in, including a segment of the song where Streisand’s translucent face is transposed over a panning shot of the audience, all of whom are holding up candles. It’s kitsch, it’s a little weird, and it’s definitely worth a quick watch.

https://forward.com/culture/looking-bac ... olda-meir/
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:30 am

appy Birthday to a woman of many talents! Hollywood star Barbra Streisand has had a glittering career, winning two Academy Awards for her roles in Funny Girl and A Star is Born, as well as ten Grammys for her continued contribution to the music industry. Barbra recently made headlines when she revealed she had cloned her beloved dog Samantha, who died last year. Barbra's adorable new pooches, Miss Violet and Miss Scarlett, will undoubtedly be involved in her birthday celebrations.
https://www.hellomagazine.com/celebriti ... -24-april/
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:35 am

On her 76th birthday, here are 76 of the things I love about Miss Barbra Joan Streisand

Barbra Streisand 76?

It is somehow true that this multiple Oscar winner, Grammy winner and Emmy winner has reached this age today but doesn’t look it or act it. She is simply ageless.

Her many gifts are still intact and while she has given us so much over the years, we know there is still much more to come.

Here are 76 things I love about Barbra!
http://greginhollywood.com/on-her-76th- ... and-158805

Happy Birthday Barbra Streisand! Here’s 20 Amazing Facts About The Star
Barbra Streisand is 76 today and still thriving! A singing, acting and cultural icon, she has won 10 Grammy awards and sold over 245-million records- basically she’s an absolute superstar and we ADORE her!
She is original, unique and incredibly talented. Her voice gives you shivers down your spine and audiences have been and still are left mesmerized by her amazing talent and striking looks. Her career has spanned over 60 years. Can you believe that!? Over 60 years! So today, we’re celebrating by giving you 20 interesting facts about the icon as she celebrates her 76th birthday. Enjoy!
http://buzz.auntyacid.com/happy-birthda ... -the-star/
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:43 am

Happy Birthday shout-out to Barbra Streisand, who turns 76 today!

With the longest span of number one albums in history, Streisand has recorded 52 gold, 31 platinum and 13 multi-platinum albums in her career. She is the only woman to make the All-Time Top 10 Best Selling Artists list, an honor which includes fellow duet partners Elvis Presley and Billy Joel. Streisand also has the longest span of number one albums in history, just under 50 years. She made her Broadway debut in in 1962's I CAN GET IT FOR YOU WHOLESALE and returned to the Great white Way for 1964's FUNNY GIRL.

The best-selling female recording artist in history, Streisand partnered with some of Hollywood's biggest stars to sing Broadway classics on her latest album "Encore". Following the release of her 2014 record-breaking "Partners," "ENCORE: Movie Partners Sing Broadway" is Streisand's third and long-awaited Broadway album. Streisand released "The Broadway Album" and "Back to Broadway" in 1985 and 1993, respectfully, both of which went multi-platinum.
https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/B ... e-20180424
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Tue May 01, 2018 2:51 am

Barbra Streisand Sets the Record Straight on Her Extreme Long Nails on Instagram.

https://www.vogue.com/article/barbra-st ... ar-is-born
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby Bojan » Tue May 01, 2018 2:55 am

CelinetoBarbra wrote:Image
It's Chinese version, English version is coming soon
Amazing.
JanetShe is literally, every artist's favorite artist. She is forever trending. We are living in a Janet Nation. Every day we feel her impact.
Bojan
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Thu May 10, 2018 1:19 am

30 years ago, Barbra Streisand and Don Johnson were a 'gooey-eyed' Hollywood 'it' couple — and #couplehairgoals to the max

When we think of ’80s couples, some that come to mind are Bruce Willis and Demi Moore, Madonna and Sean Penn, Sarah Jessica Parker and Robert Downey Jr., and Heather Locklear and Tommy Lee. A pair we didn’t recall — though they apparently received a lot of attention at the time — were Barbra Streisand and Don Johnson.

Thirty years ago today, the odd couple — with the great hair — appeared on the cover of People magazine. The romance between the acting and singing sensation and the younger Miami Vice star who had been dubbed Don Juanson (seriously) began when they were introduced at a party in Aspen, over Christmas 1987, and they made their official couple debut a month later, at, of all places, a boxing match, where fellow celebrities included Donald Trump. The cover story in the glossy looked at whether or not they would settle down and possibly marry. Spoiler: they didn’t — though they have seven marriages between them (mostly his).

People reported they were introduced at a star-studded bash at Chez Juanson, which was also attended by Jack Nicholson, Michael Douglas, Oprah Winfrey, and Bruce Willis. Streisand had just broken up with ice cream heir Richard Baskin while Johnson was dating a model after a failed marriage, his third, to Melanie Griffith and a romance with actress Patti D’Arbanville. The heat between them “could have put the ski season in serious jeopardy,” according the writers at People.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/30-years-ago ... 36016.html
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Thu May 10, 2018 2:32 am

‘Empire’ Star Jussie Smollett on How Directing Will Help Him Become The ‘Black, Male Barbra Streisand’
Jussie Smollett has wanted to direct an episode of “Empire” since he started working on the Fox family musical drama as middle son Jamal. He began observing the episodic directors as they came in week to week and later spent time shadowing a few, which gave him the confidence to step behind the camera for music videos including “F.U.W.,” “Catch Your Eye” and “Hurt People.” And it was because of one such video that he finally got the chance to helm an episode of “Empire” in the fourth season.

“I sent it to everybody — Dana Walden, Gary Newman, Brian Grazer — and I sent it specifically to Lee [Daniels], Sanaa [Hamri], Danny [Strong] and Ilene [Chaiken],” Smollett tells Variety of his 2017 project “F.U.W.” “I dropped it as, ‘Look, my “Empire” family, look at this video I directed’ and everybody loved it, and then I used it as my reel.”

As kids, he and his siblings used to film home videos, but it has been over the past year that he feels he’s really challenged himself as a director.

“I’ve been in this business as an actor and a musician since I was four years old but I haven’t been in this business as a director [that long]. So it is about paying dues and making sure that people know you’re legit and really serious about what you’re doing,” Smollett says. “I always joked that I wanted to be the black, male Barbra Streisand — because she does it all and she does it well.”

http://variety.com/2018/tv/features/emp ... 202784564/
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby RayRay » Thu May 10, 2018 7:13 am

A few days ago I was having a drink and at the table next to us, there were two older English ladies. Woman In Love came on and one lady said: "Oh, it's Cilla Black."
To which the other lady replied: "Don't you bloody dare! It's Barbra Streisand!"
Me and my partner almost chocked in our drinks.
:lol:
RayRay
Legend

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Fri May 11, 2018 10:35 am

RayRay wrote:A few days ago I was having a drink and at the table next to us, there were two older English ladies. Woman In Love came on and one lady said: "Oh, it's Cilla Black."
To which the other lady replied: "Don't you bloody dare! It's Barbra Streisand!"
Woman in love is a atypical single in Barbra‘s discography, her top2 selling compilations do not include her biggest hit, and she didn’t liked the song as she disagrees with its lyrics. This pushed her to avoid singing it live.
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby RayRay » Fri May 11, 2018 10:19 pm

CelinetoBarbra wrote:
RayRay wrote:A few days ago I was having a drink and at the table next to us, there were two older English ladies. Woman In Love came on and one lady said: "Oh, it's Cilla Black."
Woman in love is a atypical single in Barbra‘s discography, her top2 selling compilations do not include her biggest hit, and she didn’t liked the song as she disagrees with its lyrics. This pushed her to avoid singing it live.
I went to see her live a few years ago and she did sing it! :D

RayRay
Legend

Postby Wayne » Sun May 13, 2018 7:44 am

Wayne
Administrator

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Sun May 13, 2018 5:45 pm

RayRay wrote:
CelinetoBarbra wrote:
I went to see her live a few years ago and she did sing it! :D

She never sing it until 12-13 tour contribute to Donna Summer
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby menime123 » Sun May 13, 2018 6:36 pm

Wayne wrote:
I hope it’s better than the last one... the only song I really enjoyed was At The Ballet, which was a shame as I’m a huge broadway fan.
NO MEN IN ME.
menime123
Legend

Postby Nippian93 » Mon May 14, 2018 5:28 am

Nice, hope it is nice and comes out soon.
❤Whitney Houston
Nippian93
Legend

Postby Spartan » Mon May 14, 2018 6:40 am

menime123 wrote:
Wayne wrote:
I hope it’s better than the last one... the only song I really enjoyed was At The Ballet, which was a shame as I’m a huge broadway fan.
Adored her rendition of At The Ballet. I enjoyed Pure Imagination and Anything You Can Do too.
Spartan
Legend

Postby AndiIversen » Fri May 18, 2018 7:24 pm

Kinda wishful thinking at this point, but I'd like a brand-new-original-songs album, all written by her, I feel that she could pull it off now and would be a breather from covers and stuff
AndiIversen
Legend

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Sat May 19, 2018 2:14 pm

She only write few song, almost classics, but less than 15 ...
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:58 pm

Garrison festival celebrates 'Hello, Dolly!' filming, 50 years ago

https://www.lohud.com/story/entertainme ... 667536002/
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:11 pm

https://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2 ... ar-is-born

When I asked her about it again, she explained that she’d first seen Kristofferson in the Barbra Streisand film “A Star Is Born.” The film, an updated version of two previous movies with the same name, was the “Titanic” of 1976, the year my parents met and graduated from high school.

It turns out that “A Star Is Born” is a totally gripping film. It takes off after Kristofferson meets Barbra Streisand in a nightclub.
BARBRA
★Mom of Divas
★Best-selling ♀ Artist
★1st Osc♀ Composer
CelinetoBarbra
Manager

Postby CelinetoBarbra » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:15 pm

https://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/ ... 528723820/

Barbra Streisand's classic TV specials to stream on Netflix