Bruno Mars :: Charts & Sales History

Moderators: trebor, kingofskiffle, nympho, stevyy

 

Postby OutlawTorn » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:25 pm

frrr wrote:
OutlawTorn wrote:Certifications found in 21 countries for his Unorthodox Jukebox album - over 7 million units collected:

https://popularalbums.blogspot.be/p/201 ... kebox.html

+

Certifications in 11 countries found for his 24k Magic album - more than 3 million collected:

https://popularalbums.blogspot.be/p/201 ... magic.html

Any more information?
For 24K Magic seems about right. Unorthodox Jukebox two things: first is platinum in Japan and how did you get that gold certification in Netherlands?
Thanks for the information about Japan! It's been adjusted in the meantime: https://popularalbums.blogspot.be/p/201 ... kebox.html.

Concerning The Netherlands: this information came from a Dutch press release when his tour hit the country in October 2013. It stated it was certified gold for selling/shipping 25k copies.
https://popularalbums.blogspot.be -> 264 albums and counting...
FOLLOW ON TWITTER: https://twitter.com/popularalbums
OutlawTorn
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007

Postby frrr » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:49 pm

OutlawTorn wrote:
frrr wrote:
OutlawTorn wrote:Certifications found in 21 countries for his Unorthodox Jukebox album - over 7 million units collected:

https://popularalbums.blogspot.be/p/201 ... kebox.html

+

Certifications in 11 countries found for his 24k Magic album - more than 3 million collected:

https://popularalbums.blogspot.be/p/201 ... magic.html

Any more information?
For 24K Magic seems about right. Unorthodox Jukebox two things: first is platinum in Japan and how did you get that gold certification in Netherlands?
Thanks for the information about Japan! It's been adjusted in the meantime: https://popularalbums.blogspot.be/p/201 ... kebox.html.

Concerning The Netherlands: this information came from a Dutch press release when his tour hit the country in October 2013. It stated it was certified gold for selling/shipping 25k copies.
Can I access that press release on the web? Do you have the document or link for it? :)
As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles
User avatar
frrr
Superstar
 
Posts: 5105
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013
Location: Somewhere in Europe

Postby OutlawTorn » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:20 pm

frrr wrote:
OutlawTorn wrote:
frrr wrote:
OutlawTorn wrote:Certifications found in 21 countries for his Unorthodox Jukebox album - over 7 million units collected:

https://popularalbums.blogspot.be/p/201 ... kebox.html

+

Certifications in 11 countries found for his 24k Magic album - more than 3 million collected:

https://popularalbums.blogspot.be/p/201 ... magic.html

Any more information?
For 24K Magic seems about right. Unorthodox Jukebox two things: first is platinum in Japan and how did you get that gold certification in Netherlands?
Thanks for the information about Japan! It's been adjusted in the meantime: https://popularalbums.blogspot.be/p/201 ... kebox.html.

Concerning The Netherlands: this information came from a Dutch press release when his tour hit the country in October 2013. It stated it was certified gold for selling/shipping 25k copies.
Can I access that press release on the web? Do you have the document or link for it? :)
In my notes it says 'Press release', and a quote in Dutch 'voor 25000 verkochte exemplaren'.
Unfortunately back then I already stopped saving my sources as accurately as I should have.
It was just too much work - I was already tracking more than 1000 albums at that time.

I guess it must have come from sites like https://www.nu.nl/muziek or https://de-megaman.blogspot.nl, regular news sites like https://www.trouw.nl or https://www.parool.nl or perhaps from his record label in The Netherlands.

Sorry I cannot provide you any proof.
(I think though - looking at its Dutch chart run - that the album sold way more in The Netherlands than 25k, don't you think?)
https://popularalbums.blogspot.be -> 264 albums and counting...
FOLLOW ON TWITTER: https://twitter.com/popularalbums
OutlawTorn
Personal Assistant
 
Posts: 604
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007

Postby frrr » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:21 pm

No clue regarding that. Hs debut album was one of the best selling albums of 2011, ranked number 7 if I'm not mistaken. Too bad the dutch database is broken
As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles
User avatar
frrr
Superstar
 
Posts: 5105
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013
Location: Somewhere in Europe

Postby lia » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:25 am

Bruno Mars biggest hits on Spotify:

Uptown Funk - 771M
That's What I Like - 563M
24K Magic - 500M
When I Was Your Man - 390M
Locked Out Of Heaven - 380M
Seven number ones on Billboard Hot 100 and fourteen top ten hits since 2010/ Bruno Mars.
lia
Superstar
 
Posts: 5248
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012

Postby lia » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:36 am

Bruno Mars’s best-selling singles in the United States:
Uptown Funk: 7,6M
Just The Way You Are: 6,8M
Grenade: 6M
Locked Out Of Heaven: 5,1M
When I Was Your Man: 4,9M
The Lazy Song: 3,6M
It Will Rain: 3,5M
Billionaire: 3,2M
Nothin On You: 3,1M
Young Wild & Free: 3M
Treasure: 2,9M

Billboard 200:

46. 24K Magic (51 weeks)

153. Doo-Wops & Hooligans (349 weeks)

OUT. Unorthodox Jukebox (192 weeks)
Seven number ones on Billboard Hot 100 and fourteen top ten hits since 2010/ Bruno Mars.
lia
Superstar
 
Posts: 5248
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012

Postby Bemused » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:31 am

Where is the 4th single from 24K Magic? The label is going to stop after 3 singles because the last one flopped despite how well the album has sold? There is a lot of love for Chunky from fans and that should do better than VOTF. This album begs for one more single.
Bemused
Groupie
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005

Postby BhiveDiva » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:05 pm

Finesse would be great.
Michael Jackson
Janet Jackson
Beyoncé
Whitney Houston
Mariah Carey
Bruno Mars

http://www.lastfm.com.br/user/MarlonSerpa
User avatar
BhiveDiva
Manager
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Postby frrr » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:05 pm

Bemused wrote:Where is the 4th single from 24K Magic? The label is going to stop after 3 singles because the last one flopped despite how well the album has sold? There is a lot of love for Chunky from fans and that should do better than VOTF. This album begs for one more single.
Wrong thread
As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles
User avatar
frrr
Superstar
 
Posts: 5105
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013
Location: Somewhere in Europe

Postby Nippian93 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:28 pm

Bruno Mars has now surpassed 8 billion views across all official YouTube channels.
❤Whitney Houston
User avatar
Nippian93
Legend
 
Posts: 38573
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016

Postby lia » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:12 am

Nippian93 wrote:Bruno Mars has now surpassed 8 billion views across all official YouTube channels.
I think it's only on his YT channel and for his solo videos.
Seven number ones on Billboard Hot 100 and fourteen top ten hits since 2010/ Bruno Mars.
lia
Superstar
 
Posts: 5248
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012

Postby lia » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:47 pm

DW&H on Spotify:
1. JTWYA - 356M
2. Grenade - 216M
3. The Lazy Song - 208M
4. Marry You - 173M
5. Count On Me - 123M
6. Talking To The Moon - 100M
Seven number ones on Billboard Hot 100 and fourteen top ten hits since 2010/ Bruno Mars.
lia
Superstar
 
Posts: 5248
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012

Postby lia » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:07 pm

chart data @chartdata Bruno Mars' "Locked Out of Heaven" has now surpassed 500 million views on YouTube.
Seven number ones on Billboard Hot 100 and fourteen top ten hits since 2010/ Bruno Mars.
lia
Superstar
 
Posts: 5248
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012

Postby Nippian93 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:08 pm

Billboard 200 Year End Albums 2017: #88 Doo-Wops & Hooligans, @BrunoMars.
❤Whitney Houston
User avatar
Nippian93
Legend
 
Posts: 38573
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016

Postby frrr » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:18 pm

Nippian93 wrote:Billboard 200 Year End Albums 2017: #88 Doo-Wops & Hooligans, @BrunoMars.
+ Billboard 200 Year End Albums 2017: # 148 Unorthodox Jukebox :)
As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles
User avatar
frrr
Superstar
 
Posts: 5105
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013
Location: Somewhere in Europe

Postby Nippian93 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:15 pm

US pure album sales: @BrunoMars, Doo-Wops & Hooligans 2,660,000 (total).
❤Whitney Houston
User avatar
Nippian93
Legend
 
Posts: 38573
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016

Postby thebigham » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:33 am

2017 Year End Album Sales Chart USA

Sales estimate by oldbloke:

167. 92,000 - DOO-WOPS & HOOLIGANS - Bruno Mars ( 2,659,000 ) 5xP

Outside the Top 200:

73,000 - UNORTHODOX JUKEBOX - Bruno Mars ( 2,603,000 ) 4xP
User avatar
thebigham
Legend
 
Posts: 53415
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005

Postby lia » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:53 am

Bruno's biggest hits in the UK:
When I Was Your Man
669,000 downloads and 28.6 million streams
Locked Out of Heaven
27.2 million plays. Its sales tally stands at 864,000
Grenade
Grenade has logged 19.4 million streams to date, it has *just* passed the million sales threshold, taking his million-sellers tally to three, joining the likes of Adele and Pharrell.
Just The Way You Are
29 million streams since we started counting in 2014, and it was also Bruno's first million seller, shifting 1.33 million copies.
Uptown Funk
Uptown Funk was Number 1 for seven weeks and has racked up sales of over 1.6 million, plus 115 million streams!

The top 10:
1 UPTOWN FUNK 1 2014
2 JUST THE WAY YOU ARE (AMAZING) 1 2010
3 GRENADE 1 2010
4 LOCKED OUT OF HEAVEN 2 2012
5 WHEN I WAS YOUR MAN 2 2012
6 THE LAZY SONG 1 2011
7 24K MAGIC 5 2016
8 MARRY YOU 11 2011
9 THAT'S WHAT I LIKE 12 2017
10 BILLIONAIRE 3 2010

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-new ... rt__16569/
Seven number ones on Billboard Hot 100 and fourteen top ten hits since 2010/ Bruno Mars.
lia
Superstar
 
Posts: 5248
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012

Postby lia » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:36 am

"Doo-WOPS & Hooligans" has been certified as 3 x Platinum in Denmark, for selling more than 60000 copies in the country.
Seven number ones on Billboard Hot 100 and fourteen top ten hits since 2010/ Bruno Mars.
lia
Superstar
 
Posts: 5248
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012

Postby lia » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:30 pm

chart data‏ @chartdata UK album sales: @BrunoMars, Doo-Wops & Hooligans 1,778,100 (total units).
Seven number ones on Billboard Hot 100 and fourteen top ten hits since 2010/ Bruno Mars.
lia
Superstar
 
Posts: 5248
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012

Postby lia » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:46 am

UJ has hit one million copies in the UK:

38. UNORTHODOX JUKEBOX- Bruno Mars (30-29-32-36-38) 1,030,200
http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.ph ... 8298&st=80

8-)
Seven number ones on Billboard Hot 100 and fourteen top ten hits since 2010/ Bruno Mars.
lia
Superstar
 
Posts: 5248
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012

Postby lia » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:57 am

"Treasure" surpassed the 300 million mark of plays in Spotify, being the 8th song of Bruno to exceed that mark.
1.UF
2. That's what I like
3. 24K Magic
4. Locked out of Heaven
5. When I was your man
6. Young, wild and free
7. Just the way you are
8. Treasure
Seven number ones on Billboard Hot 100 and fourteen top ten hits since 2010/ Bruno Mars.
lia
Superstar
 
Posts: 5248
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012

Postby lia » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:25 pm

Chunky surpasses 100m streams on Spotify and becomes bruno's 20th song to do so. Now 24k Magic the album has 4 songs that hit 100m streams. (That's what I like +600m, 24k magic +500m, Versace +200m and Chunky +100m).
Seven number ones on Billboard Hot 100 and fourteen top ten hits since 2010/ Bruno Mars.
lia
Superstar
 
Posts: 5248
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012

Postby frrr » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:54 pm

+ Chunky can now be certified Platinum by the RIAA.
As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles
User avatar
frrr
Superstar
 
Posts: 5105
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013
Location: Somewhere in Europe

Postby lia » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:17 pm

@chartdata, US pure album sales: @BrunoMars, Doo-Wops & Hooligans 2,661,000 (total).
Seven number ones on Billboard Hot 100 and fourteen top ten hits since 2010/ Bruno Mars.
lia
Superstar
 
Posts: 5248
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012

Return to Artist Chart Analysis