Chart Analysis - Opening of New Topics

Moderators: AutomaticBR, kingofskiffle, Wayne, arab, stevyy

Postby Wayne » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:52 pm

thebigham wrote:Can this rule please be relaxed?

Many new albums do not have album threads because people do not want to be in charge of an album thread.

Does it really matter that the potential thread for the new Foo Fighters' album does not have all the detailed charts runs in the first post?
I haven't locked any topics for not being updated, have I? I'd call that pretty relaxed already.

If a new topic hasn't been opened, it's likely because nobody really cares that much - therefore, the general sales topics would suffice. If you want to open an album topic but don't want to update it, that is probably fine with me. But if someone later wants to take it on and do the leg work with updating page one, they'll get it. This is an advisory, more than a rule set in stone.

I don't know how anyone can be against this rule when you see how fantastic some of our big topics are - the Beyoncé topic, the Marshall Mathers LP II topic and countless others looked after by the likes of Tansike.
"If we are all in the gutter
It doesn’t change who we are
‘Cause some of us in the gutter
Are looking up at the stars"
Wayne
Legend

Postby thebigham » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:53 pm

^I'm not against it at all.

It's just scares some people away from starting a new album thread.

Thanks!
thebigham
Legend

Postby joe2012finn » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:28 am

Haribo wrote:A thread whose era's done for good should be closed.
I would rather say that when an album drops out of the main charts in the biggest markets, its thread should be closed.
Local acts shouldn't have specific threads for each album. One thread dedicated to such an act is enough.
joe2012finn
Manager

Postby blujayyoung » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:16 am

where can we inquire of sales?
blujayyoung
Groupie

Postby Neutral » Tue May 26, 2015 5:27 pm

I tried opening a new topic the other day but it didn't work, just wondering if it needs to be approved or am I doing something wrong or something? :lol: :oops:
            No stan. No shade.
Neutral
Manager

Return to Artist Chart Analysis