Tokio Hotel :: The "Kings Of Suburbia" Era

Moderators: trebor, kingofskiffle, nympho, stevyy

 

Postby Tansike » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:49 am

First page is updated

I guess this is now officially one of the biggest flops of the year. Such a shame, as their stuff is actually very good!!

Surprisingly, it seems like it's not out yet in the US. According to Hits Daily Double the release date is the 24th november, so there's still the chance to see it charting for at least one week there :oops:

Their last album opened with 17,000 copies ( :o ), and sold a total of 69,000 copies. A few copies is a MUST for the new one...
User avatar
Tansike
Legend
 
Posts: 42649
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012
Location: Switzerland

Postby AntonioC » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:27 am

Tansike wrote:First page is updated

I guess this is now officially one of the biggest flops of the year. Such a shame, as their stuff is actually very good!!

Surprisingly, it seems like it's not out yet in the US. According to Hits Daily Double the release date is the 24th november, so there's still the chance to see it charting for at least one week there :oops:

Their last album opened with 17,000 copies ( :o ), and sold a total of 69,000 copies. A few copies is a MUST for the new one...
True. They have done a great album. I'm really looking foward to see them live.
AntonioC
Groupie
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011

Postby Timmy94 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:36 am

The question is whether they'll actually have a base to tour, if their album is flopping that hard (=little interest), why should people care enough to want to see them live, bar maybe a few remaing diehards...
Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!
User avatar
Timmy94
Legend
 
Posts: 35805
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011
Location: Germany

Postby AntonioC » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:44 pm

Some dates have been confirmed. Like Paris, but the place is not very big: around 1000 spectators. I love when tours are done in small venues. You always have a great view and everything is easier.

It was the same with Avril Lavigne, until Goodbye Lullaby she used to sing in big venues, but in 2011 she sang in medium venues and it was perfect.
AntonioC
Groupie
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011

Postby AntonioC » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:20 am

So, are they out of all the charts?
If I'm not wrong the album was released a few days ago in the USA.
AntonioC
Groupie
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011

Postby Timmy94 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:22 am

AntonioC wrote:So, are they out of all the charts?
If I'm not wrong the album was released a few days ago in the USA.
Yes, it's no longer charting anywhere.
Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!
User avatar
Timmy94
Legend
 
Posts: 35805
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011
Location: Germany

Postby AntonioC » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:52 pm

They just announced the tour dates for Europe. It's a small venue tour but the ticket price is 85€, you gotta be kidding!
AntonioC
Groupie
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011

Postby stevyy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:59 pm

it's their own fault that they are where they are now because they went on hiatus when they just were about to really breakthrough in the US and entire europe. Just one or two good selling albums in places like France wasn't enough to keep a legacy. they needed to release more music and tour and cement their status as Germany's biggest international act of all times.
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 49978
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby Timmy94 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:37 am

stevyy wrote:it's their own fault that they are where they are now because they went on hiatus when they just were about to really breakthrough in the US and entire europe. Just one or two good selling albums in places like France wasn't enough to keep a legacy. they needed to release more music and tour and cement their status as Germany's biggest international act of all times.
That's not true. Their popularity already started dropping during Humanoid era, they couldn't have continued from that point. They should've taken a break and return the way Take That did back then, just doing it their own way.
Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!
User avatar
Timmy94
Legend
 
Posts: 35805
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011
Location: Germany

Postby stevyy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:10 pm

Timmy94 wrote:
stevyy wrote:it's their own fault that they are where they are now because they went on hiatus when they just were about to really breakthrough in the US and entire europe. Just one or two good selling albums in places like France wasn't enough to keep a legacy. they needed to release more music and tour and cement their status as Germany's biggest international act of all times.
That's not true. Their popularity already started dropping during Humanoid era, they couldn't have continued from that point. They should've taken a break and return the way Take That did back then, just doing it their own way.
i think that TH never had a real chance to begin with because even during their prime they were the laughing stock of everybody but teenage girls. Nobody who considered their music taste to be good would acknowledge TH as a serious band or even music act. They were carried by millions of teenage girls. But once they grew up, TH were passé.
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 49978
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby Timmy94 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:01 pm

stevyy wrote:
Timmy94 wrote:
stevyy wrote:it's their own fault that they are where they are now because they went on hiatus when they just were about to really breakthrough in the US and entire europe. Just one or two good selling albums in places like France wasn't enough to keep a legacy. they needed to release more music and tour and cement their status as Germany's biggest international act of all times.
That's not true. Their popularity already started dropping during Humanoid era, they couldn't have continued from that point. They should've taken a break and return the way Take That did back then, just doing it their own way.
i think that TH never had a real chance to begin with because even during their prime they were the laughing stock of everybody but teenage girls. Nobody who considered their music taste to be good would acknowledge TH as a serious band or even music act. They were carried by millions of teenage girls. But once they grew up, TH were passé.
They had to reinvent themselves and if they managed to it the same way Take That managed to do it, they could've succeeded.
Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!
User avatar
Timmy94
Legend
 
Posts: 35805
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011
Location: Germany

Postby stevyy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:42 pm

Timmy94 wrote:
They had to reinvent themselves and if they managed to it the same way Take That managed to do it, they could've succeeded.
I don't think that a reinvention would be successfull or even possible because TH never had the acclaim. Everybody looked down on them. Even when they won international awards did not take them seriously as a music act. Now that their fanbase has obviously grown out of them, they are most likely done. I mean i liked Loved me back to life (single). I bought it on amazon after the WD performance. But even i can't get myself to buy their album even tho i think it may be quite good. But much like Mariah these days, they are not taken seriously, no matter the music. Whereas Mariah/TT had acclaim before and pretty outstanding runs, i think they recovered or could recover in the future, but TH? I doubt that. Same with Roman Lob whose album didn't even make the German chart. BUT i stan for him. The album is amazing. Or Laith Al Deen who is also on a haevy downward trend. They lost the connection to their fans. And it's so very hard to repair that especially when 99% of the people think you're uncool or never were cool - like in TH case. Also the character of Bill... it may seem unfair and biased by the GP but his questionable behaviour and look, his vague sexualty has finally put the girls off as well - imo at least TH's previous fans.

Gay people, who pretended to be straight for so long and then semi-confirm their bi-sexuality have a hard stand in german society, media and eventually their own fans. At the same time, Bill is the only member of TH who is really interesting. It's a dilemma. I think Germany supporting someone like Sam Smith - an openly gay man - is very rare these days. His current popularity worldwide, especially in the US and UK may have attributed to his fame in Germany, because there is this unwritten rule of what's popular in the US or english speaking world must be good. And in such rare cases even Gay popstars can achieve success in Germany. TH, however, are in my opinion a lost case right now. I think they are done.
User avatar
stevyy
Legend
 
Posts: 49978
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005
Location: .dk

Postby AntonioC » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:24 am

Some interesting ideas around here about TH situation but we can forget that they've been sucssessful for a good 3-4 years even being massive in some countries. It was normal for them to take a break, they bassically didn't have a normal teenager life.
They seem happy with the results, it's not like they are doing promo every day, in fact the promo is mostly bassed in Tom and Bill.
AntonioC
Groupie
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011

Postby borderwolf » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:33 am

Peru
unofficial
http://phantom.com.pe/osc/mag3/index.php/

3
TOKIO HOTEL - KINGS OF SUBURBIA
Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll
User avatar
borderwolf
Legend
 
Posts: 43644
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006
Location: Traversetolo - Italy

Postby Tansike » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:52 pm

Feel It All on iTunes
#65 Peru
#98 Greece
#100 Greece
#172 Poland
#175 Poland

Feel It All - EP on iTunes
#4 Hungary
#11 Russia
#17 Italy
#21 Sweden
#24 Czech Republic
#25 Austria
#26 Finland
#34 France
#57 Slovenia
#61 Poland
#78 Netherlands
#80 Germany
#87 Switzerland
#90 Norway
#106 Estonia
#109 Belgium
#125 Kazakhstan

New single, out now.
will obviously flop, but i'm glad they're releasing another single
User avatar
Tansike
Legend
 
Posts: 42649
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012
Location: Switzerland

Postby borderwolf » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:53 pm

Austria
9 march
dvd chart

1 new
Tokio Hotel: Hinter Die Welt
Tokio Hotel
Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll
User avatar
borderwolf
Legend
 
Posts: 43644
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006
Location: Traversetolo - Italy

Return to Artist Chart Analysis